Walgreens Employee Reviews

Found 18,371 reviews matching the search
Great place to work, but little advancement in the pharmacy
Senior Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMSeptember 21, 2017
Senior Pharmacy technicians cannot advance unless you do a "side-step" to SFL and train in the front of the store for management.
They hire cashiers and eventually train as certified techs from within. (Good cashiers become "Designated Hitters" in the pharmacy. We are always trying to train cashiers in pharmacy without the hours to ensure appropriate procedures are followed from the start.)
Close knit team.
Pros
Alot of employee perks (medical, 401k, discounts)
Cons
Difficult to do everything the company expects all the time. Some aspect must suffer.
Productive work and friendly enviroment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 20, 2017
Walgreens is a great company to work for temporarily. Career advancements are rare and the pay is mediocre. It is fast paced and there is no set work schedule which can be stressful at times.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Hicksville, NYSeptember 20, 2017
good store to work at, lots of people there to help you all the time, great place to gain experience, a great job for maintaing stability in your life, you learn a lot from Walgreens!
A lot of the times it was fast pace you always had something to do
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 20, 2017
On a typical workday you would have to go back and forth between your Isles, and customers and ensuring the customers found everything they needed. I learned how to manage my time to get my work done. the hardest part of the job was probably the resets it takes a lot of time to do. The thing I like about my job is that I got to meet different people and see how interesting they can be
Pros
You get a discount on the anything you purchase except for dairy products or alcohol
Cons
Sometimes you have to stay over time
its ok
Pharmacist Floater and Pharmacist Intern (Current Employee) –  Delray Beach, FLSeptember 20, 2017
Walgreens is always innovative. However they like to keep the staff very lean and this creates a ton of stress. The need for this impossible workload s due to poor decision making from corporate that causes the company to lose money.
Pros
Money
Cons
Stress
Walgreens
PCC Department\Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Muscle Shoals, ALSeptember 20, 2017
Loved working here, I would love to work here again. Fun and exciting environment. Working here can help you gain many skills. I would prefer working here to anyone.
Very poor management
Senior Certified Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 20, 2017
It was hard to work here for as long as i did because its a corporate company. They care more about their customers then their employees. Just be cautious.
Pros
Great health ins. and discounts
Cons
Work long hours short staff
Customer Service position, if you were willing to work hard you could advance.
Customer Service -Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Warrenton, ORSeptember 20, 2017
I started out part time as a cashier and worked to learn more and take on more responsibilities. As a company/store they were willing to train you in other responsibilities if you showed interest. I learned photo department, resets and inventory and then was promoted to a opening and closing position. Your direction is up to the employee.
Pros
Communication line is open and available to all employees
Cons
Sometimes they would "coddle"employees that perhaps should of been dismissed.
Find a store with a great team
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Washington Township, NJSeptember 20, 2017
I would love my job if it wasn't for the management in the store that I am in. The scheduling manager doesn't not like to work with the staff to give them off for events they need to attend.
Easy promotion and welcomed invierment
Beauty Advisor and Training for Pharmacy Tech (Former Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 20, 2017
The company always understood you and worked with you. You felt welcomed and was easy to work with others. They would try to give you a raised as much as possible.
Very Demanding postion
Senior Certified Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  BolivarSeptember 20, 2017
I enjoyed helping the patients and becoming more familiar with them.The company is always coming up with strategies to improve the company, when all the need to figure out is how to get more hours to assist the patients,
Pros
getting to know people
Cons
no time for breaks
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKSeptember 20, 2017
Walgreens is a nice place to work. It is very fast pace. There are great benefits. I enjoyed working at Walgreens. I moved which was the reason I had to change jobs.
Hard work
Sales Clerk (Former Employee) –  Pompano Beach, FLSeptember 20, 2017
One of the most physically demanding jobs I've had. With 3 men on payroll out of 27 employees, we were delegated with stocking the store and working on truck days. I wouldn't recommend this job at minimum wage.
poor work environment
PICKER AND STOCKER (Former Employee) –  Perrysburg, OHSeptember 19, 2017
if you work hard they will work you even harder. Management has their favorites. I love stocking but they were making me work too many lines that was not allowed. Loved the fast pace and work flow.
HR was not very helpful through any medical emergencies. No advancement. Great pay and great healthcare benefits.
benefits
Cons
everything
Very productive
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYSeptember 19, 2017
The job is very active and also it's an easy working environment.Also it's an opportunity to interact with new customers each day coming to work. The crew is pretty helpful.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Meraux, LASeptember 19, 2017
The manager at the time was a little hard to get along with. The co workers were fun and entertaining. The customers were rememberable and funny. Currently the workers are rude.
Distribution Center Asset Protection Manager (Former Employee) –  Windsor, CTSeptember 19, 2017
Typical work day started at 6 AM and stopped about 7 PM. I learned a lot about the products and procedures. The most enjoyable part of the job was the interaction with DC personnel. Being able to help them to be safe and secure while doing their jobs allowed them to work at a fast pace to get the commodities in the right bin to be trucked out to the store.
Long Hours and Poor Management
General Laborer (Current Employee) –  Windsor, WISeptember 19, 2017
Since our warehouse wide schedule change last year most departments can not finish the daily work load in a normal shift leading to lots of overtime and having to come in on days off to help. Lots of people have quit leading to more stress in the building and even longer hours. Management doesn't know how to fix the problem and instead most times they make it worse. Also your start times change on a days notice making it hard for anyone with kids to plan for daycare.
Pros
Good Pay and Overtime if you want it
Cons
Poor Management at all levels and Overtime
Great learning experience for an internship
LEAP Management Internship (Former Employee) –  Franklin, MASeptember 19, 2017
It was a great place to intern. I learned a lot on how to manage employees while running and managing a business/store. Management was great at the location I interned and let me know I had what it takes to manage in the near future.
Pros
Great discounts
Cons
A bit hard to move up in the company.
Good
Store Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Clifton, NJSeptember 19, 2017
I worked here a long time ago and it was a time that they had taken the different positions and put them into one. I was a supervisor/key holder and in charge of inventory which was difficult to juggle
Pros
no pros
Cons
no help from upper management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Walgreens. Our community is ready to answer.