Walgreens
7,874 reviews

Walgreens Employee Reviews

good carrer
SFL KEY MANAGER (Former Employee), harrison arMay 24, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: lazy employees
good place to work if they would hire people to actuality work andn not stand around and let managers fire and consul employees
Great learning experience and introduction into pharmacy
Pharmacy Technician Intern (Former Employee), Placentia, CAMay 24, 2015
Being a very popular pharmacy, Walgreens showed me what it was like to work in a typical pharmaceutical setting. The licensed pharmacists and pharmacy technicians were very patient and helpful, showing me all of the different duties of the technician. I received prescriptions from patients at the drop-off window, entered them into the computer, filled them with the appropriate medications, did inventory, organized drugs on the shelves, and called MDs and nurses about patient refills. I enjoyed interacting with the employees and the customers. Because it was my first experience in a pharmacy, I was not familiar with how fast-paced everything was, but my coworkers made sure I was comfortable and that I could slowly ease into my new position.
NICE CO-WORKERS, OKAY MANAGEMENT
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), MOMay 24, 2015
OVERALL THEY ARE A NICE COMPANY TO WORK FOR, GREAT WORK DAY WHEN EVERYONE DOES THE DUTIES THEY ARE RESPONSIBLE OF COMPLETING.
Great Place to Work
Crew Member (Former Employee), Gonzales, LAMay 24, 2015
Pros: Working with the public
Cons: Health care
I loved working there. It was close to home and I was able to work extra when ever I was needed. I worked with some of the best people and working together, we were able to accomplished what we needed to because we worked as a team.
Great worker
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Pembroke Pines, FLMay 24, 2015
Pros: Great people to work with
Cons: Not hired after internship
Learned a lot during my internship at Walgreens. I wasn't hired with them but, I completed my hours with them. Great pharmacist and technician, they help me to succeed.
Family Oriented
Customer Service Clerk/ Beauty Advisor (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZ 85022May 24, 2015
Pros: Managment was very flexible with my shifts, and was able to work around the avalibility of my daughter's daycare.
Cons: I didn't feel like I was learning anything new, so I started feeling a bit bored when I was at work.
Management was very flexible with my daughter's daycare hours and scheduled my shifts around the daycare. Walgreens is a great company to work for if you plan on moving up in the company.
productive work place.
Cashier/ Sales Associate (Current Employee), New York, NYMay 24, 2015
Management is superb. A typical day at walgreens very busy with assisting guest and giving them great customer service which is what i enjoy most about my job.
fun place to work
Beauty adviser (Former Employee), El Paso, TXMay 23, 2015
Pros: you can make commission out of product
Cons: can get out really late
great environment friendly coworkers be ahead of every makeup brand and beauty product personal experience better than reviews
Great works
Service Clerk (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYMay 23, 2015
I doing good work at Walgreens Stores i just work Organized of Stock shelves. I can work on Cashier for communicate with Customer. I can help with Customer.
Unprofessional and Unfair Treament to employees
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Brockton, MAMay 23, 2015
Pros: Helping Costumers
Cons: Everything
I was able to tolerate working here only because I needed a way to help support my family. A typical day at work would be a very busy evening following into the night. I learned a lot about customer service on my own working here. The management was terrible. Managers were rude and didn't know how to properly teach employees. The hardest part of the job was having to do other people's task and my own, and still be expected to finish all, because managers didn't know how to stay on top of their employees. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping costumers. They are the reason I enjoyed working.
Very Bad Management
Customer service representitive (Former Employee), Dolton, ILMay 23, 2015
The overall job was an great experience but as for management it was very poor. The manager didn't know the difference from personal and professional. The manager had an very nasty attitude, and treated the employees as they were children. This is only the Walgreen in Dolton,IL. I've Transferred to different Walgreen and that is the only one I've been harassed at by the manager. I would not recommend anyone to work there.
Great job
Photo Specialist (Former Employee), Kalamazoo, MIMay 23, 2015
Pros: Pay, baking and own music
Cons: Working late.
Came in at midnight to bake bread. Listening to personal music to make work enviornment more relaxed. Got to make bread from the begining. We got to make bread look perfect so it makes customers buy. The pay was very good and management was okay as well.
I enjoy helping people
Photo Specialist (Current Employee), Miami, FLMay 23, 2015
Pros: Food party.
Cons: Cutting hours.
I learn everyday something new. I learn from customers and co-workers. I see what is right to improve company sales and what is not.
fun and easy going work environment
service clerk (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMay 23, 2015
fun work environment. most days you work alone just doing small duties. other days you work as a team to get something done. overall good working experience for a young teen looking for their first job
Photo Specialist (Current Employee), Orlando, FLMay 23, 2015
A typical day consist of helping customers, completing any additional task. Stocking, cleaning your area and doing suggestive selling. You learn how to greet and treat customers, and use the register. Management is ok, co workers are ok. The hardest part of the job is completing your task on top of helping needy customers. The good part is they are flexible
customer service rep
Liquor assoicate, warehouse (Former Employee), Albuquerque New MexicoMay 23, 2015
Pros: friendly people
Cons: graveyard shift
Stock shelves Wait on customers. Receive delivery and put items on shelves. Graveyard shift I would sweep and mop store, clean parking lot, Wait on customers, fix store shelves look good. stock beer cooler count drawer at end of shift and put in safe
No loner employed
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Pittsburg, CAMay 22, 2015
Variable hours, busy locations. Management isn't as involved as pharmacists, technicians are. Everyday is hard work but with the right team, the job gets done.
Very good people management and are dedicated to making sure employees are comfortable in the job they are in.
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Plainwell, MIMay 22, 2015
Pros: Great Discount, Job security
Cons: Low hours, work all holidays
I do enjoy my Job at Walgreens, the management strives to make the place a comfortable work environment for the employees and pharmacy, they give great benefits, profit sharing opportunities, and give you time off. The hours were flexible and good for me while in school taking classes for my soon to be career in HVAC.
Cashier
Cashier / Photo Technician (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCMay 22, 2015
Pros: fun place to work
Cons: not knowing what hours you will get
As a cashier/photo technician I check customers out. I helped mostly in the photo lab and developed pictures. I also assisted in cleaning the photo printer and helped customers with the kiosk machine. I also helped with stocking of merchandise. I worked mostly part time, so my hours varied.
little to no advancement, benefits and managment medicore
supervisor (Former Employee), Colleyville, TXMay 22, 2015
Pros: health insurance, profit sharing, employee discount
Cons: little to no advancment, medicore pay, no effective communication
I have been with this company almost three years. Instead of seeing better benefits the company has taken three steps back.
Your pay is capped in all levels of the store positions (excluding ASM, GM). Advancement is very difficult since you have to wait for someone in upper management to retire or for a new store to open up. Entry level pay is around $8.00. Shift lead which a leadership position is given a lot of mgt responsibilities but is not paid a mgt position. Upper mgt expects one to know much about certain duties but yet they don't give the time or day to teach or explain.

1 2 3 4 5

About Walgreens

At Walgreens, we help people get, stay and live well. That is our core purpose and the difference we make in people's lives every – Read more

Walgreens Salaries