Walgreens Employee Reviews

Found 12,911 reviews matching the search
great place to work
Photo Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLSeptember 29, 2016
Would love to go back. Management very nice and care about there associates. Prices are reasonable and they go beyond the training given to make sure there associates are comfortable
Pros
advancement
Performing Surveillance of guests and employees as it relates to theft
Lost Prevention Officer (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CASeptember 29, 2016
Performing surveillance of guests and employees as it relates to theft.
Initiating suspect detention and investigation of retail theft offenses.
Gathering and documenting evidence as it relates to theft.
Testifying in court/deposition as a witness in all his/her cases brought to trial.
Conducting in market ticket surveys.
Assisting Investigators on internal theft issues.
Guest interaction with front gate ticket issues.
Continually aggressive
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Sherman, TXSeptember 29, 2016
I am completing a 10 year run with this company. I can no longer work for a company that feels it is okay to punish in order to grow. To blame store level management for their short comings. A company that piles more work, programs and plans on their management than even 10 managers to each store could handle and then strong arm you when you don't comply. Never again. 10 years....gone!
Benefits
Cons
Pay, duties, upper management, iron fist mentality
You can have a future at Wal-greens if you want one.
State licensed/certified Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Sterling, ILSeptember 29, 2016
It is a good company to work for, but there are times where you need another employee and like most companies there just isn't anyone else. Other than that I don't have too many complaints.
Pros
It is a nice company to work for.
Productive, fast-paced work environment, lots of opportunity for advancement
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Blue Springs, MOSeptember 29, 2016
The hardest part of the job was not being able to assist a customer who didn't want to do any of the solutions I had to their problem. The great part about this job is the people you meet and the fast paced environment.We had many people from many backgrounds at my store.
Pros
Healthcare benefits, opportunity for advancement
Cons
Open on all holidays, few breaks on busy holidays
A very good transitional job
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Flint, MISeptember 29, 2016
This job is great for young people starting out or student. The work is fast paced, and has a lot of busy work. There is a lot you can learn about task orienting from this job.
Pros
good skills learned
Cons
not enough incentives
Production
Inventory Control Specialist (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 29, 2016
In a typical day I learn how to receive new merchandise, meet my production goal, help my co-workers everyday. The hardest part of the day for me is when there is no work I enjoy being busy and multitasking.
extership
Pharmacy Technician (Extern) (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZSeptember 29, 2016
i was only doing my exten there so i did not learn alot about the company i learn more about how the pharmacy was to be ran and i enjoyed the people i worked with and enjoyed my time there.
Company with great reputation
Staff Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLSeptember 29, 2016
Pharmacy staff typically overwhelmed, given the job that is required. Hours/schedule without regard to personal life. Management with a by-the-book mentality, never focused on practicality. Co-workers great for the most part- we survive off each other. Hardest part of job is being salary and putting in way more hours that go unnoticed and unpaid for.
Pros
I developed great relationships with customers and co-workers
Cons
Pharmacists get no breaks
enjoyable
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Avon Park, FLSeptember 29, 2016
i really did enjoy my job. The people i got to encounter, I loved meeting new people daily and being able to help them. My pharmacy crew was awesome, but like any job you have your bumps to overcome. The hardest part of my job was not having all the answers to give at all times.
Pros
The people i met and was able to help.
Cons
When season would end the hours would drop drastically.
Over worked
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MISeptember 28, 2016
Over worked, not a fun company to work for. This company is always looking for ways to fire people. They do not pay their ASMs. Their ASM WORK about 60 hours a week.
Meeting new people
Sales Person (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 28, 2016
The best thing about working at Walgreens was the people I had a pleasure meeting and greeting, each and everyday. I worked in a middle of Time square so meeting celebrities was really exciting. The hardest part of the job was working the over night shift and going to school at the same time.
Pros
Meeting new people
Cons
not enough security for over night shifts
Walgreens, Store Management
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Southfield, MISeptember 28, 2016
Great place to work, Great Benefits! Would Recommend to friends and family to work here. Positive atmosphere and great work environment.
Fast pace, customer oriented, and multitasking skills.
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Cypress, CASeptember 28, 2016
Walgreens is a customer oriented work that exposes the employee to a mixed cultural customer base. I am able to work with the customers, insurance, and prescribing doctors to resolve any issues in filling the patients prescribed medication. I am able to manage my workload efficiently and diligently while helping others. I've learned to work as a team to complete goals set as a store. I enjoy the team, customers, and culture of the company.
Productive and team working coworkers
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Manalapan, NJSeptember 28, 2016
I was the lead cashier during the day at Walgreens. The best part of my day was helping customers with anything, such as finding an item in the store, processing their picture order, helping them with obtaining a passport, etc. I was also responsible for stocking the shelves, checking expiration dates, etc. I loved working for Walgreens as I believed that all of the employees worked as a team. And the management was extremely supportive with helping the employees with whatever they needed to accomplish to complete their tasks for the day.
Pros
I loved the employees and customers.
Stressful but laid back
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKSeptember 28, 2016
It's an environmental for fast pace, high volume prescriptions. The salary is good. Managers and staff were like my family. Very important to have that in the workplace.
Pros
Profit sharing, benefits
Cons
Insurance issues, changing software
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Danbury, CTSeptember 28, 2016
I can only speak for the location I was at. You have very good managers and then you have some not so good. Fortunately, I was under good management
Pros
Management- Trust, consistency, positive, knowledgeable, Good role models
Cons
Pay, people-not all, understaff
Great place to work and love dealing with customers.
Shift Lead Manager (Former Employee) –  Toms River, NJSeptember 28, 2016
Learned a lot about retail sales and what goes on behind the scenes of a retail store. my c-workers were easy to work with and always very helpful.
Pros
Work all different shifts.
Cons
Working all weekends
Organizing Inventory and costumer Service
Inventory Clerk (Former Employee) –  Lake Worth, FLSeptember 28, 2016
Use cash register, customer service, stock shelves, organize freezer, unload truck, and help keep warehouse organized, its a Organize routine day, everyday is the same.
Customer Service
Beauty Advisor (Current Employee) –  Muskegon, MISeptember 28, 2016
As a beauty advisor, I build relationships with customers to create a loyal client base that depends on my latest trends and products. It's a chance to work with innovative new cosmetics, including exclusive lines created only for Walgreens. I also participate in monthly meetings to review the newest items coming to the store, as well as hone my selling and customer-building techniques. And I am encouraged to share ideas that help shape the look of the department and my customer interactions. It's all of the tools and training myself need to be successful.
Pros
Jaime Neal
Cons
N/A