Walgreens Employee Reviews

Found 18,378 reviews matching the search
exciting
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ridgecrest, CASeptember 21, 2017
fun place good people worked hard good customers managers were great and just a good place to have your first job! works well with your schedule as well
It was a rut.
Grocery Cashier (Former Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXSeptember 21, 2017
I worked there while I tried to look for work that used my degree but I ended up in a rut. Honestly It isn't all that bad but it can feel like you will never escape.
Pros
15% discount, good benifits.
ok
Manager in Training (MIT) (Former Employee) –  Plainfield, INSeptember 21, 2017
The management was dropped their salaries and brought down to my hourly rate so there was no place for me to advance to, and the Management changed and was run like a sweatshop by the new managers
Benefits
High Volume Parmacy
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXSeptember 21, 2017
Walgreens is a high volume, fast paced pharmacy. Great start for entry level Pharmacy Technicians. There are multiple shifts and they are more than willing to work around student schedules.
Pros
Scheduling
Cons
No new skills beyond retail pharmacy, low pay.
Fun, and entergetic place to work.
Head Photo Technician (Former Employee) –  Lumberton, TXSeptember 21, 2017
Greeting the customers of Walgreens was always so exciting. Hearing different life stories, and giving your feedback is often helpful for some who are just in need of a listening ear. Management was wonderful, I learned so much about myself in the sense that I started as a very shy person but left with enough confidence to talk to almost anyone.
Best job I've had so far
Shift Lead (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALSeptember 21, 2017
Didn't take long for me to advance in positions, not really busy until the holidays. Occasionally have just because breakfast/lunch for appreciation, it gets so slow that employees start to click up in groups instead of being friendly all around.
Great place to work, but little advancement in the pharmacy
Senior Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMSeptember 21, 2017
Senior Pharmacy technicians cannot advance unless you do a "side-step" to SFL and train in the front of the store for management.
They hire cashiers and eventually train as certified techs from within. (Good cashiers become "Designated Hitters" in the pharmacy. We are always trying to train cashiers in pharmacy without the hours to ensure appropriate procedures are followed from the start.)
Close knit team.
Pros
Alot of employee perks (medical, 401k, discounts)
Cons
Difficult to do everything the company expects all the time. Some aspect must suffer.
Productive work and friendly enviroment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 20, 2017
Walgreens is a great company to work for temporarily. Career advancements are rare and the pay is mediocre. It is fast paced and there is no set work schedule which can be stressful at times.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Hicksville, NYSeptember 20, 2017
good store to work at, lots of people there to help you all the time, great place to gain experience, a great job for maintaing stability in your life, you learn a lot from Walgreens!
A lot of the times it was fast pace you always had something to do
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 20, 2017
On a typical workday you would have to go back and forth between your Isles, and customers and ensuring the customers found everything they needed. I learned how to manage my time to get my work done. the hardest part of the job was probably the resets it takes a lot of time to do. The thing I like about my job is that I got to meet different people and see how interesting they can be
Pros
You get a discount on the anything you purchase except for dairy products or alcohol
Cons
Sometimes you have to stay over time

Want to know more about Walgreens?

Ask a question
its ok
Pharmacist Floater and Pharmacist Intern (Current Employee) –  Delray Beach, FLSeptember 20, 2017
Walgreens is always innovative. However they like to keep the staff very lean and this creates a ton of stress. The need for this impossible workload s due to poor decision making from corporate that causes the company to lose money.
Pros
Money
Cons
Stress
Walgreens
PCC Department\Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Muscle Shoals, ALSeptember 20, 2017
Loved working here, I would love to work here again. Fun and exciting environment. Working here can help you gain many skills. I would prefer working here to anyone.
Best of the retails chains
Pharmacy Intern (Former Employee) –  Seffner, FLSeptember 20, 2017
I really dont have any complaints about them. Everyone was really nice and the store was well run. If i had to work at a retail pharmacy, id probably choose walgreens.
Very poor management
Senior Certified Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 20, 2017
It was hard to work here for as long as i did because its a corporate company. They care more about their customers then their employees. Just be cautious.
Pros
Great health ins. and discounts
Cons
Work long hours short staff
Customer Service position, if you were willing to work hard you could advance.
Customer Service -Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Warrenton, ORSeptember 20, 2017
I started out part time as a cashier and worked to learn more and take on more responsibilities. As a company/store they were willing to train you in other responsibilities if you showed interest. I learned photo department, resets and inventory and then was promoted to a opening and closing position. Your direction is up to the employee.
Pros
Communication line is open and available to all employees
Cons
Sometimes they would "coddle"employees that perhaps should of been dismissed.
Find a store with a great team
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Washington Township, NJSeptember 20, 2017
I would love my job if it wasn't for the management in the store that I am in. The scheduling manager doesn't not like to work with the staff to give them off for events they need to attend.
Easy promotion and welcomed invierment
Beauty Advisor and Training for Pharmacy Tech (Former Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 20, 2017
The company always understood you and worked with you. You felt welcomed and was easy to work with others. They would try to give you a raised as much as possible.
Very Demanding postion
Senior Certified Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  BolivarSeptember 20, 2017
I enjoyed helping the patients and becoming more familiar with them.The company is always coming up with strategies to improve the company, when all the need to figure out is how to get more hours to assist the patients,
Pros
getting to know people
Cons
no time for breaks
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKSeptember 20, 2017
Walgreens is a nice place to work. It is very fast pace. There are great benefits. I enjoyed working at Walgreens. I moved which was the reason I had to change jobs.
Hard work
Sales Clerk (Former Employee) –  Pompano Beach, FLSeptember 20, 2017
One of the most physically demanding jobs I've had. With 3 men on payroll out of 27 employees, we were delegated with stocking the store and working on truck days. I wouldn't recommend this job at minimum wage.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Walgreens. Our community is ready to answer.