Walgreens
7,707 reviews

Walgreens United States Employee Reviews

RETAIL!!!
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Tacoma, WAMay 5, 2015
Any retail place you work at, is bound to have issues. Walgreens is an overall great retail store to work at. But there are some kinks in it that need to be changed. A lot has changed within my store in the last month or two, but there are still a lot of issues that need to brought up. One being, management needs to be a little more understanding about their employees needs. And not make coming to work more like a chore than a great place to be.
Challenging and loving work place
Pharmacy Technician Extern (Former Employee), Saint Albans, NYMay 4, 2015
I enjoyed the work day and the environment. Always busy with patient and medicines. Collecting prescription from patient or system, dispensing the drug, receiving lot of ordered drugs, arrange them in shelves, smart count etc lot of things I have learned. Thanks to my Pharmacist and co-workers who helped me a lot. The hardest part of the job is some times doctors hand writing is very difficult to interpret. In spite of anything I loved the job very much because the co-workers was very friendly and the environment was clean and calm.
walgreens
Crew Member (Current Employee), Brockton, MAMay 4, 2015
i love shopping at walgreens and the discounts from working there are a big help, i need a job with better pay. i like being a pharmacy tech but i want a better job with better pay and who can work around my schedule as a mom. i feel like i dont spend enough time with my son
good working environment
Cashier (Former Employee), Newport News, VAMay 4, 2015
providing customer service dealing with cash and customers and dealing with disgruntled customers, management is decent co workers are nice
An interesting workplace
Photo Specialist (Current Employee), Houston, TXMay 4, 2015
Pros: Cool managers
Cons: rude people
Any day at work can run from hardly any customers to being as busy as the last few days leading up to Christmas. Days are usually productive, especially with warehouse days because it gives me something to do. I've always seem to learn something different about the store almost everyday. From learning how to do orders to handling parts of the store on my own. My co-workers have their on personalities from enthusiastic to enthusiastic. They are very understanding. For retail, any day can be hard but the hardest and honestly the most annoying part about working at Walgreens is dealing with customers that think they know everything and apparently know how to run the store. Or having customers (grown people) act like they've been living in a palace or castle and expect everything to be spoon fed to them.
Average Minimum Wage Job That Should Compensate Employees More
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee), Sacramento, CAMay 4, 2015
Pros: Employee Discounts, The Opportunity to Take Care of Customers
Cons: Short Breaks, Poor Benefits, Low Pay, Untrustworthy Management, Not Flexible With Scheduling
Really don't like the overall job culture of the company, which has high expectations yet compensates their employees poorly.
great work environment
Volunteer Work (Former Employee), Gresham, ORMay 4, 2015
Pros: work environment was good
Cons: busy store so has to be multitasking
overall volunteer experience was good as it was busy so has chance to learn more. The work environment and manager was awesome. They treat me like their family member.
Working for Walgreens
Photo Specialist (Current Employee), Loxahatchee, FLMay 4, 2015
Overall my experince with Walgreens has been good. They worked around my schedule when I was in school, and the health benefits are good. You are also given an option to participate in their profit sharing 401k program. The stock purchase with a 10% discount is also a plus.
A happy and productive workplace.
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee), North Myrtle Beach, SCMay 4, 2015
Pros: Friendly workplace
Cons: Salary
As a Customer service Rep. I enjoy all of my customers and I make sure that not only do ring out; I love to put a smile on each face to assure that they are appreciated and welcomed.
PROFECIONAL ENVIROMENT
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Plantation, FLMay 3, 2015
VERY GOOD CUSTOMER SERVICE .TEAM WORK ,APRECIATE EMPLOYERS...LOVE THE ENVIROMENT ...FRIENDLY FOR EVERYONE.......PHARMACY FRIENDLY SPECIALY FOR ELDERLY FOLKS
Walgreens is going through a lot of changes
Community Leader (Current Employee), Davenport, IAMay 3, 2015
Pros: Decent pay and had some independent work freedom.
Cons: Changes company wide causing them to eliminate my position.
Typical day would be overseeing the operations of my store as well as another 5 in my community. I would make sure the operations of my location are running ok and then touch base and work with the other 5 locations. I mentored and managed over 180 people and was there 1st point of contact with any issues they had in their stores.
worst job you could ever take
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Pgh.,PAMay 3, 2015
Pros: can request days off
Cons: everything else
Management is poor, especially on developing new associates, high turnover. Need of a better training program needs to be input. All Management should be on a 5 day work week.
Productive and nice work place
Customer Service Representative (Customer Service (Current Employee), Aiken, SCMay 3, 2015
I love talking and working with customers on a day to day basis.
My managers are dedicated to be the best we can be.
Walgreens is a great company. Nothing really hard about the job its a great company to work for.
do more with and for less
Head Photo Technician (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, COMay 2, 2015
Pros: great for meeting people
Cons: store level management is a punching bag and scapegoat for constant terrible executive decisions
work is easy, never challenging
co-workers are everyday people, like some leave some
meet great people, and horrible people, it's a people job
lots of promotions are actually retitling to cut pay, ok job for a year or two, but not a career, the longer you stay or the more you learn about the company the more frustrating it gets.
walgreens
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Memphis, TNMay 2, 2015
Great company, job keeps you busy at all times, a great place to learn something new about pharmacy, and a great place to gain experience
Fun job but alot of work.
Senior Beauty Advisor (Former Employee), Chaska, MNMay 2, 2015
I was at walgreens for 4 years and had some of the best and worst times. The raises are very little and expect to work hard while others slack off. When truck comes in you are doing 3 people's jobs. Also, the cosmetic area is very stressful because of the quotas they require for sales in cosmetics. You pretty much have to harass people to buy certain products and check out at your register. Still, with good co-workers Walgreens is a good job.
Co-workers
Shift Team Lead (Former Employee), Stuart, FLMay 2, 2015
Pros: Laughter, Comeradery, Friendship
Cons: Angry customers, long hours
I made a lot of great friends while employed at Walgreens and continue those friendships to this day. We all were a great team and family at the job.
They pay for you PTCB and help you pass
PHARMACY TECHNICIAN (Former Employee), All of orange countyMay 2, 2015
Pros: Paid PTCB test
Cons: Low pay
PHARMACY TECHNICIAN - WALGREENS, MI AND CA - 2005 - 2008
Hired on as cashier, then promoted to pharmacy technician once nationally certified with the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board. Duties included entering new prescriptions, patient information, handling health insurance calls. Responsible for documenting and logging all products in pharmacy inventory. Keeping clear communication with Pharmacists on any patient questions comments or concerns. Follow up work with Doctor’s for various patient needs.
PRODUCTIVE AND FUN WORK PLACE
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Houston, TXMay 2, 2015
Pros: MANAGEMENT
Cons: NONE
A TYPICAL DAY AT WALGREENS WAS LONG AND HARD WORK. I LEARNED ABOUT SOME OF MEDICINE AND THEIR REACTION TO OTHER MEDICINES. MANAGEMENT AND CO-WORKERS WERE AWESOME. THE HARDEST PART OF THE JOB WAS THE PHARMACY. THE MOST ENJOYABLE PART OF THE JOB WAS INTERACTING WITH THE CUSTOMERS.
Used to be a great place to work
District Operations Trainer (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCMay 2, 2015
Training Individuals on a daily basis with more than 900 employees within our specific District.

Fun part of job is working with employees on a daily basis.

1 2 3 4 5

About Walgreens

At Walgreens, we help people get, stay and live well. That is our core purpose and the difference we make in people's lives every – Read more

Walgreens Salaries