Walgreens

8.4K reviews

Walgreens Employee Reviews

Great job to build legendary customer service skills and working with the general public.
Cosmetics Specialist Rebecca Peterson (Current Employee), Lompoc, CAJuly 28, 2015
Pros: Daily challenges, not a dull job, fun loving people, opportunities.
Cons: Can take stress home with me
I open and also close the cosmetics department. A typical morning shift as a cosmetics advisor at Walgreens is I see what tasks need to be accomplished throughout my shift. I am responsible for making sure inventory is organized and we have what we need. In between daily tasks, I must provide customer care and knowledge of our beauty products. I am also responsible for sales and making specific quotas each shift.
I have learned how to keep my inventory precise and make sure I am aware of what products we have plenty of and which products we are out of and I order accordingly. I have learned how to interact well with individuals of all types, difficult-easy customers.
Management has provided me with challenges that have developed me into the worker I am today. I am appreciative to the opportunities they give me and continue to give me. Recently I have been asked by my manager to be a part of, "The Dream Clean Team", within our district. I will be going to different store locations and promoting our brand name products in a positive and productive manner.
My co-workers are a bonus. It is important to me to create a work environment that is respectful. I make a strong effort to be kind to everyone I work with.
The hardest part of the job is, I tend to take work home with me at times. No matter what job or position I am actively engaged in, I do, at times take the stress of work home with me. I do this only because I take pride in what I do and how I do it.
The most enjoyable part of the job is the challenges I am given consistently. For example, my boss chose me today to be the coach for out customer service challenge. I will be leading a team of fellow co-workers to get 9's or better on their customer service care reports. I love how my job comes up with friendly competition to improve the love of our customers.
It is nice place to work
Senior Java J2EE Developer (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJuly 27, 2015
It is nice to work and challenge environment. Facing technical challenge and nice to troubleshoot the issues. it is good place to learn new skills and applying our thoughts in it.
n/a
Pharmacy Technician Extern (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLJuly 27, 2015
⦁ Developed and redesigned store p;ans using planogram software, implementing placement strategies strategically designed to boost sales and draw the attention of a new customer base,
⦁ Maintained product displays, identifying replenishment needs and cleaning product space.
⦁ Supervised the process of monitoring product inventory, marking deective products and damaged packages for store removal.
Extremely Hostile Work environment
Customer Service Clerk (Former Employee), Wilmington, NCJuly 27, 2015
Pros: None
Cons: Management, Security, lack of chemical safety in labs, theft
Unrealistic expectation, harsh criticism, unsafe work areas. The most difficult part of my job was communicating with management that were always too busy to deal with employee safety utmost chemical photo labs.
Fast pace workplace and opportunities to grow
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee), Washington, DCJuly 27, 2015
Fast pace and you learn something new everyday. Great opportunities for you to grow within the company. I have learned how to work with team members, train, manage, and delegate.
Productive fast paced
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), Oak Lawn, ILJuly 27, 2015
Taking in prescriptions, typing prescriptions, filling prescriptions, take care of insurance problems, deletes for the day, stock the drams and vials.
Very busy, great atmosphere
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), Columbus, OHJuly 27, 2015
Pros: Atmosphere
Cons: Hours and Know advancement opportunity.
Call insurance, fill prescriptions and talk with insurance daily. I learned the codes and federal regulations you have to follow while working there. I loved my management they were very flexible when my daughter started school. The co-workers what made the job enjoyable. The hardest part of my job when someone calls off during the first week of the month and the pharmacist and I have over 300 prescriptions to fill not including our other daily duties
Friendly Staff, Great Boss
Photo Manager (Current Employee), 3287 Broadway St.July 27, 2015
Pros: Keeps you busy
Cons: Sometimes don't have enough time to finish.
Learned a lot from every day work from learning about picture and quality to some levels of management. Coworkers are great and very friendly. the hardest part was probably putting up truck because it takes my whole shift away from me. Not to mention takes away time from customers that need help in photo.
Retail management at its finest. Customer service and emloyee management at the forefront of my responsibilities.
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Evansville, INJuly 27, 2015
Managed numerous locations over my ten years with Walgreens. Fortunate to work with all types of employees and serve all types of customers. Hard work but everyday was different. Continually adapted to changes in retail over the years. Time and employee management was critical to successfully led a team. Results were rewarded at every position. Effective communications and efficient operations were essential.
Nice clean enviroment
Pharm Tech (Current Employee), New Orleans,LaJuly 27, 2015
It's a great place to work while in school or just starting to work. The company is very understanding and works around your schedule.
Typical day at walgreens
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), Houston, TXJuly 27, 2015
Pros: paid holidays
Cons: short breaks not enough help
Hardest part of the job is rush hour time when doctor's offices close and people get off from work. Most enjoyable part is learning much of medical terminology. Management and co-workers vary depending on who you get to work with since it is a revolving door of people coming and going.
Team worl
Senior Registered Certified Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Deerfield Beach, FlJuly 27, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: healthcare
Lots of work, growing company, and motivating. Staff always a team players and supportive. Enjoyed make the customer help and ensuring that they get all need medicine.
Productive and Fun place to work with many growth opportunities
Store Manager (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INJuly 27, 2015
Pros: Many Growth opportunities
Cons: retail holiday schedules
Walgreen's Pharmacy was a great place to work and I learned limitless amounts about myself and business practices during my 15 year tenure there. The most enjoyable part of the job, was the relationships you have the opportunity to build during your time there. May those relationships be with valued customers or loyal employees, there is a sense of family with in this organization.
good workplace keeps you busy
Head Photo Tech, Resets and Revisions Clerk (Current Employee), Mission, TXJuly 27, 2015
Pros: not a routine job
Cons: not enough empolyees
train employees, use the cash registers, provide excellent customer service, adapt to changes daily, call customers regarding order, meet daily sales goals, make our suggestive sales, talk to management regarding sales, look for better ways to improve the workplace
Your Typical, American Retail Pharmacy
Staff Pharmacist (Current Employee), West Lafayette, INJuly 26, 2015
Pros: Shifts available in many cities across your district, employee discount
Cons: no official breaks, no lunch break, open holidays
Fast-paced pharmacy with plenty of room for patient interaction. A lot of responsibilities, but it is to be expected in our position. A lot of number/dollar-related detail focus for management, which can trickle down to staff pharmacists. Heavy focus on customer service. Overall an enjoyable workplace.
Like a party, busy but fun
Photo Specialist/ Customer Service (Current Employee), Norfolk, VAJuly 26, 2015
Pros: Bust
Cons: The pay
I'm a photo specialist and I really enjoy it. I like teaching the customer how to use our kiosk stand and showing them creative things we can do with their photos. While making sure photo is running smoothly I also do numerous of other thing like making sure I meet every customer needs. I also have some floor duties like, stocking the shelves, making sure the product counts match our system counts. I really enjoy working their because I love to multitask and my position requires a lot of multitasking but I'm a Registered Medical Assistant and I would like to find a job in my field.
it's a corporate job
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), massachusettsJuly 26, 2015
amazing opportunity in the pharmacy to learn and become a certified pharmacy technician.
amazing pharmacist.
you grow to become a family and genuinely care for the people you work with
Service Clerk (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAJuly 26, 2015
A normal day is pretty laid back. The most important thing about the job is smiling and being happy to assist customers and it was genuinely pleasant to deal with people, even the angry ones. The company has great ethics and the coworkers at both stores I worked for were amazing. The hardest part was standing on your feet for so long but it is nothing. I really enjoyed the experience as a whole.
customer service
shift lead (Former Employee), west columbiaJuly 26, 2015
Pros: none
Cons: none
very strong minded, very focus , very above and beyond group of ppl my time there was well invested and i will always love the ppl that i worked with
I currently work as a pharmacy technician
Pharmacy Technician, customer service and cashier (Current Employee), AventuraJuly 26, 2015
learned at Walgreens pharmacy system and controls on the products, to work behind a cash register and share with a multicultural population. I love to learn every day to grow personally.
Headquarters