Walgreens Employee Reviews

Found 17,186 reviews matching the search
Happiness found on the corner
Rx/ customer service associate (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXJuly 22, 2017
𝑻𝒉𝒂thank you, but I will refrain from making any personal opinions about this company on an inside view . Working in any department wether it be in the main store or in the back pharmacy .
Different Company than beginning
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAJuly 21, 2017
Walgreens was a great company to work for when I first started. It was like a family oriented environment, they increased starting to pay to higher than most similar companies, had things like employee of the month. We would have pot-lucks and cookouts for holidays or just to boost team morale. It was an enjoyable place to work and they allowed people to move up in the company if you applied yourself. In the past year or so they have continuously cut hours while still expecting high performance marks. The cut in hours has caused the company to lose some top quality employees and I do not see that ending soon as people need hours to get a decent paycheck to survive on. We have some great assistant store managers and department managers. Management at high levels than that leave a lot to be desired and are not great listeners/problem solvers.
Pros
Decent benefits, career advancement (pharmacy)
Cons
Poor management, lack of hours, stressful environment, no longer family like atmosphere
Walgreens
Pharmacy Technician Intern (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAJuly 21, 2017
My experience at this Pharmacy was amazing loved, everyone I worked with. Unfortunately there was no room for me to be hired on at this Pharmacy but I am thankful for the experience.
Pros
Helping people
Cons
When busy it is hard to maintain some things in order
retail setting and fast pace work environment
Staff Pharmacist (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 21, 2017
Retail is a good place to work at, which gives you an opportunity to communicate with patients to provide consultations. Its a busy day from the start of your shift to the end and the hardest part of it, is when working short handed which makes the job a little hard and challenging. I enjoy what I do in the pharmacy, so no matter how busy it is, at the end of the day I am content on what I accomplished.
Wonderful,friendly environments,flexible
Beauty Advisor and Lead Trainer (Former Employee) –  Broomfield, COJuly 21, 2017
A great place to work.very friendly colleagues encouraging managers,good management team. I learned how to help customers wonderfully and being hard worker and trustworthy.
Pros
Friendly environments
Cons
Small break
Productive Place to Work
Sales Associate, Cashier (Former Employee) –  Lake Mills, WIJuly 21, 2017
Walgreens always had something to do. There was never any sitting around on the job. A typical day had task lists and schedules so you always knew what you would be doing. The atmosphere was relaxed and fun.
Pros
Good management and relaxed atmosphere
Cons
Non-flexible hours
Great starter job
Beauty Advisor/photo technician/cashier (Current Employee) –  Ankeny, IAJuly 21, 2017
Advancement within the workplace is slow moving. Customer service is on point. Fairly overworked with low compensation. Breaks were always given, but not always on time and standing for over 4 hours without sitting is hard. I have learned every station besides pharmacy. Management was somewhat sketchy.
The most enjoyable part of the job
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  The Villages, FLJuly 21, 2017
The most enjoyable part of the job is helping the customers find what they are looking for. Answering questions about where things are located within the store. Bringing a smile to someone's day, brings one to my own face for the rest of the day.
Pros
Discounts on merchandise
Cons
Lack of communication between staff and management
Loved and respected all patients.
Staff Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 21, 2017
Walgreeens was a great experience for me. I loved working eight hour days. Walgreens decided to have us work 12 hour days certain times of the week. It is a long day and not heathy for anyone.
the culture of the new store manager
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCJuly 21, 2017
The most enjoyable part of the job for me was completing tasks well and in a thought-out intelligent manner.

The hardest part of the job was trying to keep young employees engaged and focused.

Management is always changing and each one has a different style of management.
Pros
Competitve pay for the work. Good for young adults, and seniors.
Cons
Health Care. Not a job for anyone with a family larger than 4 persons.
productive and fun place to work
BEAUTY ADVISOR (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, TXJuly 21, 2017
Walgreens is a great place to work. Management works well with you around your schedule if you are going to school. You will be required to usually work on the weekends and holidays but OT/holiday pay is offered.
Pros
Meet great people
Cons
worked holidays
It's okay
Customer Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Muskogee, OKJuly 21, 2017
Its just like any other retail job. The best benefit is the discount you get on products. But for a teen starting out its a great job to get your foot in the door.
Excellent product and presentation
Senior Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  in Orlando / Land O' Lakes, FL 34639July 21, 2017
It is a well defined company, cares about its employees. An excellent customer service. They worry about the presentation of the store and because the goods are in the moment that is needed for the customer as far as they make the impossible possible.
I left you after 15 years with it looking better to pay my debts because of my divorce. A big mistake.
Pros
30 minute lunch
Cons
15 mint a break
i love walgreens
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJuly 21, 2017
make sure you have a good rated store
make sure that staff does not put off responsibility on you
over all this can be a great place to work and get comfortable
Excellent company to work for.
ASMT (Former Employee) –  Avon, CoJuly 21, 2017
Not much to say, the culture is the best part. Walgreens is starting to turn it's "customer" based mindset into a "guest services standard' overall, which can only mean good things.
Pros
Healthcare, free clinic access
Cons
Pressurized sales goals for upper management.
I want out!
Assistant Store Manager in Training (Current Employee) –  MassachusettsJuly 20, 2017
ASMT coursework is ridiculous in its requirements and totally not worth the work unless you plan to try to be a DM or RVP in the future. Half of the computer training doesn't work correctly and they assign a ton of projects that definitely cannot be completed entirely during work hours (but "not supposed to work on it off the clock"). It's impossible to get it done without working on it outside of the store though, without pay and can't be mentioned or else you'll get reprimanded.

Walgreens is fairly typical retail with not-so-hot pay and crazy schedules that will have you clo-pening frequently. The entire month of December practically is extended hours and no additional staff to get it covered so be prepared for lots of overtime. Also, the typical directions from DMs to be doing more stuff with fewer people and work hours available.

On the plus side, they seem to be a little more supportive of the staff when customers go off the deep end and the discount & benefits are better than some other stores I've worked at.
Pros
Good discount, full-time hours
Cons
Crazy scheduling, no work/life balance, ASMT course is terrible
great work experience
Service Clerk / Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  Echo Park, CAJuly 20, 2017
i learned many skills at Walgreen beginning with customer service as well as operating certain machinery. it was a great experience with good work culture.
Tareas realizadas
Servicio al cliente (Former Employee) –  San Juan, PRJuly 20, 2017
Aprendí a manejar la caja registradora, acomodar mencancia, manejar el inventario. Servicio al cliente. Aprendí a manejar parte del departamento de cosmeticos, departamento de camaras, entre otros.
Productive, fun workplace
Customer Service Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, SCJuly 20, 2017
Liked working with the team. Always was helped with any question or problems I had. The managers were very kind and always kept the team laughing, I became good friends and still have lasting friendships even after no longer working there.
No Future Opportunity
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Deerfield, ILJuly 20, 2017
If you aren't part of the "clique" that is management, you have no future here. Also expected to work 15 hour days and bring your PC home to work more
Pros
Flexible Work Hours, Competitive Pay, Benefits
Cons
Micromanaged, Management "Clique", Lack of Training

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Walgreens. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval