Walgreens

Walgreens Employee Reviews

Very Fun and exciting workplace!
Photo Lab Technician (Former Employee), Salina, KSJuly 4, 2015
Pros: Helping customers, fun work environment
Cons: Not very good benifets and they kept most employees hours under 32 hours
Overall a very fun and exciting workplace. I enjoyed being a part in helping customers catch and hold onto their memories with their photos. Also like seeing and meeting all the customers. Their was never a dull moment while working their.
Productive and fun work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Mesa, AZJuly 4, 2015
Friendly work environment with supportive management.

I was provided the opportunity to be a cashier, photo tech, and acquire management skills.
Fast paced
Head Cashier, Photo Specialist, and Beauty Advisor (Former Employee), Bakersfield, CAJuly 4, 2015
I loved that I had the opportunity to work in diferent departments. I learned how to help customers with products they were wanting/needing and also how they could save money with Walgreens instant coupons and mail in rebates. The enjoyable part of my job was my frequent customers. We knew each other on first name basis and at times they would ask for me personally. Working at Walgreens made me feel that both the customers and my co-workers were family
No, accountability for you specific job.
Team Member (Former Employee), Waunakee, WIJuly 3, 2015
Walgreen's love me because I work so hard and have a great work ethic but they have little ability to give raises and such without greater management approval. There is little advancement and few positions and I was given the run around for a few months and decided to move from this company.
Fast paced and busy working environment with loyal customers.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Albuquerque, NMJuly 3, 2015
This is definitely a very unique retail place to work. I enjoyed working in all areas of the store. My favorite part of the job was working in the pharmacy and training new employees. I had wonderful co-workers. My managers were amazing, some of the most hard working and loyal people I know.. A special shout out to the 12th St and Los Ranchos Stores!! Amazing people!!
Priortitized and multi tasked.
Photo Specialist (Current Employee), Colorado Springs, COJuly 3, 2015
Pros: Awesome team members.
Cons: No room for advancement.
After 6 years with Walgreens I became one of their top employees. There wasn't a task or situation I couldn't handle. Yes at times I was faced with difficult situations but I always handled them to the best of my ability. I had a really great team at Walgreens, I just felt like it was time for a change. I'm excited to see what else is out there!
Customer Service
Store Manager (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJuly 3, 2015
I've learned how to proactively resolve customer service issues before they can happen. The best part of the job is knowing you've done all you can to solve an issue.
Good Company to work for
Photo Supervisor (Current Employee), Dallas,TexasJuly 3, 2015
Pros: Helping Customers
Cons: The Pay
Good Company to work for ,helping Customers. My co-workers are the best to work with were like Family. Helping Customer with Photo Orders.
Great company, not so great leaders
Shift Lead (Current Employee), Munford, TNJuly 2, 2015
Pros: AWESOME benefits and advancement
Cons: Not sure what they stand for anymore
Great company, Coworkers not great. Great place to advance and wonderful benefits. Very great teaching methods and helped me build a strong work ethic.
Friendly co workers
Certified Pharmacy Technician (CPhT) (Current Employee), Harriman, TNJuly 2, 2015
I like the people I work with. Very fast paced busy environment to work in so you definitely need to stay focused. Management is somewhat supportive. Overall it is a decent place to work.
flexible
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), MAJuly 2, 2015
Pros: breaks, flexible hours, supportive work team
Cons: pay rate
I worked for Walgreens while I was attending. Walgreens was very flexible with me. They made it possible for me to work and go to school.
Great people to work with, but company has conflicting interests
Cashier (Current Employee), Little Elm, TXJuly 2, 2015
Pros: Mostly friendly employees
Cons: Short Breaks
My experience with the company as a cashier has gone well for the most part. Some employees get away from doing their work but management keeps them moving. For the amount of work, breaks could be a little longer. Stores are understaffed big time, meaning employees cannot do what they were hired to do. Still hate how they sell cigarettes when they are a pharmaceutical company. :-(
busy workplace with minimal advancement.
Photo Specialist/Pharmacy Tech Assistant (Former Employee), Lakewood, WAJuly 2, 2015
While employed at walgreens co. a normal work day would consist of putting away freight, processing photo orders. assisting customers in shopping and check out. I was able to print and create store signs and displays. I worked in the office with the managers to do the nightly till counts and drops. I was able to pick up on pharmacy tech procedures and work behind the counter to become a well rounded asset in walgreens. Management was management. I was unable to promote for the job I was interested in because the manager strait out told me he really liked me on the floor and because of that reason I stayed for a year and a half longer with out moving to the area I worked so hard to get to, even though there were openings in the position I was interested in. My co-workers were fun and we always kept the place positive and an enjoyable place to be without losing focus on our daily tasks. The most difficult part in the job was leaving due to not being able to advance because management wanted me to stay in the position I was in.
Fun place to work
Head Photo Specialist (HPS)/Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), Richmond, VAJuly 2, 2015
Pros: discount
Cons: benefits too expensive. breaks if "allowed"
I really enjoyed working at walgreens, I felt I was able to make a difference with everyone I came into contact with. I love to help customers! The people I worked with were more like family than just co-workers.
productive and great place to work at
Cashier (Former Employee), Baton Rouge, LAJuly 2, 2015
Pros: Co Workers
Cons: none
Working at Walgreens was good. Loved all my co workers. The work load was not hard at all. Pay was okay to say I was a minor. the Hours were decent also.
Terrible workplace, terrible management
CSA (Current Employee), South CarolinaJuly 2, 2015
Pros: Its a job
Cons: Co-workers, management, breaks, duties, etc....
I have worked at Walgreens for just over a year. I started in Florida and had no issues there. It was an alright place to work, co-workers and management was fine, not many issues. The problem is, I moved to South Carolina and got transfered to my new store. Everything about this store is TERRIBLE. Most of my so called co workers are sooo ghetto and lazy. They are rude, they come in my face and talk to me while I have a customer, most give me a problem covering my breaks. Yet, their 15 minute breaks turn into 45 minutes sitting in their car. Some come in late almost every day and don't care. They talk to other co-workers while dealing with customers. They don't clean up or put away their returns. Management is terrible, if you haven't noticed. Otherwise, these people wouldn't be working with the company anymore. I get stuck with everything. I constantly have to spot sweep the parking lot in 100 degree weather, clean windows and window sills, wipe down the outside trash cans (ew). I'm always the only one doing outside work. Then I come back in sweating and smelling crazy. I feel that's not fair. I have never been in such a terrible environment. I complain about going to work because I don't want to deal with other employees. The only thing I enjoy about working at this Walgreens, is my customers. If I could go back to the original Walgreens I was working for, I would give all great reviews. I believe if we had a better manager , then this would be a great place to work. I would give it 5 stars, but unfortunately I'm only giving it a 1.
a nice place with a centered customer service culture
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee), Miami, FLJuly 2, 2015
walgreens is a daily school when u learn to deal with different situations about the customer service culture , when multitasking is the key , management is always for explaining any situation and provide support and encouragement, overnight shift is the hardest part of work , but there is no more satisfaction than the smile in a face of a customer after you provided the help they needed
Great first job
Registered Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), Miramar, FLJuly 2, 2015
Pros: Benefits, relationships with co workers/customers, flexible schedule
Cons: Management, pay rate, extremely stressful
Walgreens was my first job at age 16. Now at 21 I have been a pharmacy technician for 2 years. I appreciate this company for helping me gain knowledge in customer service and in the pharmacy but a retail job is not for me. People take advantage of you if you're a great worker and customers are horrible, some of them at least. There is no help from pharmacists or management. I do the work of 5 people and hardly ever leave when my shift is over and don't even get to go on break. Only have one day off because they don't want to train a new employee and I only make 10.75 an hour. As soon as I find aanother job opportunity I'm out of there.
corporate machine
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), Suwanee, GAJuly 2, 2015
Pros: good benefits if you're full time
Cons: poor management, low compensations, heavy workload
Corporation will look out for them and they wont invest in their employees. Frequent policy changes because of frequent DM changes.
My co-workers
Customer Service Assistant/Cashier (Former Employee), Arlington Heights, ILJuly 1, 2015
Pros: Good discount
Cons: No flexible schedule
I did not really enjoy my job because my co-workers lacked sense of togetherness/teamwork. I work better in environments where there is a sense of teamwork and everyone is willing to help one another in order to provide quality customer service.

1 2 3 4 5

About Walgreens

At Walgreens, we help people get, stay and live well. That is our core purpose and the difference we make in people's lives every – Read more

Walgreens Salaries