Walgreens Employee Reviews in United States

Found 12,630 reviews matching the search
i love it
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYAugust 26, 2016
I do my best to achieve all my goals and i do my best to stand out. working for this company has been a very good thing for me. i have learned a lot and gain experience.
Walgreens was ok to work for
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAAugust 26, 2016
unloading trucks, inventory ordering, store openings product knowledge, merchandising, inventories, ect. They are well rounded as far as training employees, loss prevention and rules and regulations. Co-workers are pleasant.
unique and different
Executive Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Medford, NYAugust 26, 2016
Dealing with customers that have specific needs and helping them get what they want also running all aspects of the store and getting the employees involved has been rewarding
Great coworkers but typical retail environment
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Springfield, PAAugust 26, 2016
I love the people I work with and my immediate boss, but the job has it's negatives. Low compensation for amount of work, higher up bosses in company do not care about you, and last but not least you deal with the stresses of the general public due to it being a retail job.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Compensation for amount of work
Sales environment
Shift Lead/Manager Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAAugust 25, 2016
I get to work with great people. It was a great learning environment. I have learnt so much more about providing great customer services to customers there.
Fast paced
Senior Certified Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COAugust 25, 2016
If you are very high energy and are great at multi-tasking while needing to be a perfectionist then the pharmacy is for you. This job takes a strong and caring person to succeed at it.
Pros
never bored
Cons
not a great company for lower employees
10 years ago a great place to work, now, a great place to overwork employees
(MGT)Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCAugust 25, 2016
Not enough labor hours to complete day to day operations. Results in longer lines and upset customers. Management has little power to try and change problematic situations. Company morale is at an all time low. Forced pay cuts. Little room for advancement.
Pros
the people I worked with made it a better place to work sometimes.
Cons
breaks are recieved late, or not at all. To many tasks assigned to one person for an 8 hour period.
great co-workers
BEAUTY ADVISOR (Former Employee) –  Middleton, WIAugust 25, 2016
I started working at Walgreens when I was 16 and it was my first job. I worked there for over 3 years. My favorite part of the job was definitely the people I worked with, we all got along very well and had fun while working.
Cons
pay
restaurant job
Initial Pharmacy Technician Trainee (Former Employee) –  Cypress, TXAugust 25, 2016
Working here was working at any typical restaurant gig. The owners were probably the only downfall. They could not seem to keep a steady staff to save their business. This restaurant is now closed.
Productive workplace with free lunches
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Euclid, OHAugust 25, 2016
We had high volume demands that were always met with the friendliness, urgency, and knowledge the customers wanted. The work place was still a very friendly and happy environment with a great crew who knew the difference between work time and joke time, it balanced out well. I learned how to multi-task and catch on to things fast like no employee ever before, since things were always changing. The hardest part of the job, at the time, was keeping up with the fast paced work-flow while trying to stay friendly at all times to customers (which wasn't hard for me since I am naturally a very friendly person.
Pros
Free lunches, friendly staff, designated breaks, affordable health insurance.
Cons
Management switching hands so often that miscommunication occured, prevented me from school for a long while.
Great overall Company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 25, 2016
It is a great company overall. The days at work are fun if you work with the right people. The healthcare ok I mean it has its ups and downs.
Pros
cool employees
Cons
healthcare is ok
Decent employer
Store Clerk/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Auburn, NYAugust 25, 2016
A decent employer. Respects employees. Forgets about giving breaks sometimes. Always short staffed during peak hours.
Pros
Treats employees with respect.
Cons
Forgets about breaks, short staffed
Productive and Positive work environment.
Wellness Guide (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXAugust 25, 2016
Working at Walgreens was a great learning experience. Everyday at work was fun and full of energy. Working at Walgreens was a great job but we also faced challenges and as a team we worked hard to overcome them. The best experience was that I was able to interact and build rapport with customers giving them the best customer service experience they would appreciate.
great job love the location
Greeter (Store Operations) (Former Employee) –  Berkeley, CAAugust 25, 2016
i liked this job a lot it was on the college campus and i learned a lot about walgreens and the company and it was great i was a greeter i stood in the front and greeted all customers that entered and exited the building and i was loss prevention sometime i had to stop people from shoplifting and do reports
Fun place to work, great co-workers and customers.
Beauty Advisor (Current Employee) –  Plainfield, ILAugust 25, 2016
I've learned so much about retail working at Walgreens. It can get quite busy at times but we pull together as a team and handle it. Management gives you freedom to work on your own but is always there to help if needed.
It's a good stepping stone place
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIAugust 25, 2016
Walgreens is a good stepping place, but it's not to be made a career out of if you want to go further in life. You learn alot of valuable skills and lessons to take with you on the way to success.
Welcoming and stress free work environment
ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  NSB FloridaAugust 25, 2016
Great work environment customers and employees seem happy and content for the most part. A typical day consist of providing excellent customer service, maintaining shelves with inventory, and presenting products in a clean and easily accessible way.
Pros
interaction with diverse clientele
Cons
not enough income for me to provide for my family
Great company
SALES ASSOCIATE/CASHIER/COSMETICS/PHOTO/PHARMACY (Current Employee) –  Pflugerville, TX 78660August 25, 2016
A typical work day for me at Walgreen was doing everything! I worked in all the departments.
I learned a lot from working there!
The Managers were great!
My co-workers were good as well!
The hardest part of my job was keeping up with tall the new things I was learning at once!
The most enjoyable part of my job was seeing the smiling faces of customers all the time!
Pros
managers
Typical day
Sr. Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  Mansfield, TXAugust 25, 2016
At Walgreens unfortunately, they like to put more on their employees that we can handle. I have worked 12 hour days, not gotten everything done, and because of it, I was written up. They never had enough people working for a single department, and when it all comes down, the management was never there to help, or understand.
Cons
management
Nice work enviroment.
Multicultural Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Deerfield, ILAugust 24, 2016
The company was evolving due to new management. There was a lot of turn over. Flexible hours and very nice campus with a state of the art work out facility.