Walgreens

8.7K reviews

Walgreens Employee Reviews

Assistance Manager Trainee (Former Employee), Charter Township of Clinton, MISeptember 1, 2015
Cons: No breaks
Working for Walgreens I've gain knowledge from the best people that work there. I learned how to be a leader and develop plans for my team. More importantly I have learned to set goals and priorities them. I develop relationship with coworkers and customers that I still talk to now. I grew over the years of being there and I thankful for what I've learned throughout the years.
pharmacy life
Walgreens CCO (Current Employee), Miami Lakes, FLAugust 31, 2015
Pros: co workers are like fam
its a good job to have, you do deal with the typical "special customer" from time to time that may be a bit difficult but overall the joy of knowing you are a big help to most should be satisfying enough to get through the day with a smile.
Great as a part-time job...
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Pawleys Island, SCAugust 31, 2015
Pros: benefits and discount
Cons: pay
Great people and place to work but pay is horrible. The benefits are on par with other pharmacies but pay is so low the benefits use up most of your paycheck....
High energy, fast paced, constant tasks
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), Tucson AzAugust 31, 2015
Pros: Patients request me by name and return just to have a visit.
Cons: Scheduling is based off seniority
I love my career with Walgreen's. I love my occupation and the company's core value system. Management is very professional and responsive to employee and customer needs.
Horrible Company
Senior Certified Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZAugust 31, 2015
Pros: Nothing
Cons: Everything
Horrible company to work for... zero patient care. Very negative work environment. Very low pay, bad benefits. Many medication mistakes.
A good short term employment situation
Beauty Advisor/ Photo Technician/ Cashier (Current Employee), DeRidder, LAAugust 31, 2015
Working for Walgreens can be a very good and fulfilling job or a miserable experience. The manager and the shift leads really determine the culture of the store. A bad manager can ruin a store! I do like – more... that the company dose put an emphasis on diversity and excellence. It is very hard to get a promotion or a raise of you are part-time. There are not too many incentives to do a good job. I have liked that you are encouraged to learn all the departments though. – less
Fun workplace
Stocking (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHAugust 31, 2015
A good place to work, the co-workers was helpful and friendly. I really enjoyed getting the work experience to move towards other things I can do also. Thanks Walgreens.
A Learning Experience
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Englewood, FLAugust 31, 2015
Pros: Fun work environment, very organized.
Cons: hours fluctuate seasonally, and the schedule wasn't very flexible
Busy work place, but it was well organized. I enjoyed keeping busy, learning about medications and insurance companies, and working with people who always pull their weight and put their best effort in.
Previous Employer
Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Moreno ValleyAugust 31, 2015
Work Environment was great compared to many other warehouses. They treat with respect and value you. Working conditions are by far better than most warehouses in Ontario area. If you get in here....stay and appreciate it, unless you plan on going into another field or back to school. If school maybe ask if you can work part time, I think Walgreens is a good company to stay with.
It was OK
Photo Tech (Former Employee), Alexandria, VAAugust 31, 2015
Long story. The main issue was conflicts of scheduling. The management was kind and genuine. I was being pulled in too many different directions at the time, but the job was typical of retail.
Having to deal with difficulties in customers
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee), The Colony, TXAugust 30, 2015
Pros: Got the customer directions
Cons: Wasnt part of the job requirements
One Day i was at Walgreens I had a customer that needed directions,not knowing where i was i decided to get out the map and point out directions to the customer she was greatly appreciated then decided to call the 1800 number for headquarters to attain to my service.
Treats employees like dirt
SHIFT LEAD (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOAugust 30, 2015
Pros: Good people
Cons: Pay, management, overworked
They ask an enormous amount of work out of their employees with very little pay. Management does not care about things that happen outside of work with family. My co workers were great and a lot of fun to work with. However, for being such a large company, they can afford to pay their employees more than what they do for the miniature paychecks they offer.
okay atompshere
Shift Lead (Current Employee), Queens, NYAugust 30, 2015
Pros: great company
Cons: low pay
Long/ short days at work
everything is done in a timely manner
no time really to take breaks if your in management
dealing with rude customers is a hard task at times
the employments make my day go fast dealing with different personalities.
Productive always pleasing the customers
Manager (Former Employee), Eastpointe, MIAugust 30, 2015
A typical day at Walgreens was great it always felt good to make customer's day. I have learned how to listen before speaking and that everyone is different. Managing was great because I love motivating, – more... and teaching others. My co-workers and I always respected each other and I always encouraged communication. I had not experienced a hard part of working at Walgreens I enjoyed my job. the most enjoyable times was the team work, it was like we all were family and everyone did our job and more. – less
Nice and easy place to work at
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee), San JoseAugust 30, 2015
Pros: 15-20% store wide discount
Cons: Bad Scheduling
Very easy place, but the pay is extremely low. I loved my managers and co-workers, but I will have to move on because I can't afford to go to college if I keep working at Walgreens.
Amazing Workplace
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Woodbridge, VAAugust 30, 2015
I only worked there for 200 hours for practice in the pharmacy. I enjoyed the co-workers and customers. Everyone was really nice and I learned many things while working there.
Wasted my entired career
Department Manager (Current Employee), MidwestAugust 30, 2015
Pros: Can work locally. There is one on every corner.
Cons: Employees are considered to be useful idiots.
My entire management career has been with Walgreens. I am near retirement and have witnessed Walgreens reducing benefits, often without notice. All they do is take away from your wallet.

This most – more... recent pay cut of $3 an hour has caused great hardship, so much so that as I am an inch away from retirement, I have to look for another job.

My vacation and retirement benefits will now be configured on the lesser wage. How cheap is that????? Run in the other direction as far as you can. – less
I absolutely love my position as a Pharmacy Tech/ Sales Rep.
Pharmacy Tech (Former Employee), New Orleans, LAAugust 29, 2015
Provided assistance with the customer, Handling medications and refills. Walgreens Enviroment was very warming and each day was excited. The company expect a lot from the employees but gave us bonus and show great appreciation during the holidays. The most enjoyable part of the jobs was knowing I was appreciated on the job.
dull work environment
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCAugust 29, 2015
Pros: good pay, great benefits
Cons: managers lied about many things
there were many things i was told would happen during my hiring that made me want to work here, they were all lies. walgreens is a horrible place to work, they move you from store to store, the hours are horrible and the managers are horrible
A typical day at work
Registered Pharmacist (Former Employee), Medway, MAAugust 29, 2015
Pros: Walgreens professional image and management was the most enjoyable part of my employment
Cons: New Management changes less pharmacy help to properly address the needs of customers
Filing prescriptions, answering phones responding to messages and faxes waiting on customers, ringing up sales consulting with patients about their medications or insurance issues
Headquarters