Walgreens Employee Reviews

Found 15,219 reviews matching the search
Excellent, progressive work environment - great place to work!
Patient Care Coordinator (PCC) (Current Employee) –  Canton, MIApril 24, 2017
Walgreens Specialty Pharmacy is an excellent place to work - very positive and progressive environment, with opportunities to advance, and excellent benefits for employees, and a fun culture of inclusion and celebration - a great place to work and grow and establish a good work-life balance.
good
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 24, 2017
• Attained my Pharmacy Technician license.
• Answered incoming calls courteously and respectfully, introduced myself and greeted the customers.
• Updated and maintained information in the department’s data applications.
• Scheduled patient pick-up arrangements of medications, contacted doctors and hospitals for medical insurance updates, and assistance information and provided general information within the department’s guidelines.
Great First Job
Senior Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  Hollister, CAApril 24, 2017
great place to work at a first time job or if looking longterm. Walgreens offers great benefits for those interested. Walgreens also gives you basic retail skills for whatever else you decide in life
Fun place to work
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Goose Creek, SCApril 24, 2017
it was a great place to work. i enjoyed work for this company. It was at times very busy and fast paced. The staff at the store were very professional in the day to day operations of the store
productive and fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 24, 2017
nice workplace day goes by fast because you aleways have something to do hardest i learned how to use a cash register and how to do evrything in the photo lab .
Terrible management
midnight manager (Former Employee) –  Macomb, MIApril 24, 2017
There were employees drinking the wine on the job, management knew of it but decided to keep giving the person second chances and rehab options. But, were quick to fire a manger who mistakenly didn't pay for a mini lighter . The store manger "accidentely" took drops home but returned them .
Loved it
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, ILApril 24, 2017
My favorite job I have ever had, they worked with me while I went to school full time. Very personal experience with customers and learning the requirements is fun.
Pros
401K, paid vacation, Fun
Cons
Late nights during the holidays
individual experiences may differ.
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALApril 24, 2017
a typical day at work would be interacting with customers to get a sense of their needs and what is best for those needs. Pharmacy is very active in this area. I have learned quite a bit working under various management depending on who I got and how important growth was to them.

Managers come and go in this company based on the programs that are rolled out and how they fit into those programs and what they have to offer and bring to the table.

The hardest part of the job is the constant roller coaster of expectations and critiquing that you must endure on a daily basis. you are judged not by your work ethic or style or ability to get the job done but totally on a points system. your raises and promotions are strictly considered based on how you score on your evaluation(s).

The most enjoyable part of the job is the interaction with customers and being a part of their well being and healthy lifestyle.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
points system rather than work ethic and performance.
Boring and slow
Customer Service/Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYApril 24, 2017
Work can be slow and boring at times. It was a very peaceful environment. Have to be social and have the ability to deal with others. Have to be able to lift at least 40 pounds. Have to be able to stand on your feet for long periods of time. The best thing was this was an internship for me. The managers were very nice and understandable.
Pros
discounts
Hectic Workplace environment
Licensed Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Matawan, NJApril 24, 2017
- As a technician, the store was very high volume and difficult to handle at times.
- the management may request you to work on the sales floor if it is very busy
Great place to learn and grow and meet new people
Intern (Former Employee) –  Chesterfield, MIApril 24, 2017
I've only been there for a few months as an intern but I think those were great months for me. The pharmacists took the time to teach me things in the pharmaceutical career. They were fun to be around and you get a sense of accomplishment helping others.
Great work atmosphere with a welcoming management team
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Owasso, OKApril 24, 2017
I loved working for walgreens due to all their philosophical donations and events. This company truly cares and is sincerely there for you. I would return to work for this company.
Fun work environment, but under paid
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Mount Juliet, TNApril 24, 2017
I love working for the Walgreens store in Mount Juliet, Tennessee, but feel that for the amount of work that I do that I am extremely under paid. The amount of pay the pharmacy technician's receive in the pharmacy is nothing compared to the amount of stress and responsibility that we handle every single day.
Pros
Great co-workers, flexiable schedule, and great benefits
Cons
Under payment, working holidays, and unconsistent scheudle
Poor Management
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 24, 2017
Very, very, poor management. Not a good learning environment. My pharmacy manager was very impatient and critical and quick to cut you down for any mistakes.
Very fun place
SBA (Former Employee) –  Denver, COApril 24, 2017
Loved working for Walgreen's. Very nice organization. Many regular customers you had grown to love. Nice and clean environment. Pay wages where worth it. And had a very nice manager.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Short breaks
Beauty Supervisor (Former Employee) –  ILApril 24, 2017
Great company to work for. Their benefits are amazing, even for part-time workers. They worked around the fact that i have a full time job and I'm a single mother.
Productive yet stressfuk workplace with fun employees.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Seymour, CT 06483April 24, 2017
Working for a Walgreens provides one with the opportunity to help people through customer service. This is not the easiest thing to do as some people are harder to please than others, however it is the duty of the store associate to make a customer's trip to Walgreens a positive one. Everyone who works with you at a Walgreens understands the stress of customer care and knows how to help make the work day more enjoyable for all. Management is not always consistent with how shifts operate and were not always understanding when it came to employee needs but always made sure the work that needed to get done did get done.
Poor management
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  Spring Valley, NYApril 24, 2017
I used to work with a great team at Walgreens and everything went smoothly until they switched management The store hasn't run the same since. I wished that they hadn't done so otherwise id still be working there today
Pros
Easy, pays ell, good hours
Cons
short lunches, not a great discount
Fun learnable
Pharmacy Tech/ Beauty advisor (Former Employee) –  Pascagoula, MSApril 23, 2017
I loved what I did on a daily basic. I learned something new everyday. I loved my customers as if they were my only family. The hardest part of the day was to make sure you fill that prescription correctly.
Great place to work.
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Eagan, MNApril 23, 2017
I really loved me job here at Walgreens and was very sad when I had to leave. The pay wasn't the best, but the overall experience was well worth working there.
Pros
Advancement, Great Management, Great Work Environment
Cons
Pay, Random Hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Walgreens. Our community is ready to answer.