Walgreens Employee Reviews

Found 15,209 reviews matching the search
Great place to learn and grow and meet new people
Intern (Former Employee) –  Chesterfield, MIApril 24, 2017
I've only been there for a few months as an intern but I think those were great months for me. The pharmacists took the time to teach me things in the pharmaceutical career. They were fun to be around and you get a sense of accomplishment helping others.
Great work atmosphere with a welcoming management team
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Owasso, OKApril 24, 2017
I loved working for walgreens due to all their philosophical donations and events. This company truly cares and is sincerely there for you. I would return to work for this company.
Fun work environment, but under paid
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Mount Juliet, TNApril 24, 2017
I love working for the Walgreens store in Mount Juliet, Tennessee, but feel that for the amount of work that I do that I am extremely under paid. The amount of pay the pharmacy technician's receive in the pharmacy is nothing compared to the amount of stress and responsibility that we handle every single day.
Pros
Great co-workers, flexiable schedule, and great benefits
Cons
Under payment, working holidays, and unconsistent scheudle
Poor Management
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 24, 2017
Very, very, poor management. Not a good learning environment. My pharmacy manager was very impatient and critical and quick to cut you down for any mistakes.
Very fun place
SBA (Former Employee) –  Denver, COApril 24, 2017
Loved working for Walgreen's. Very nice organization. Many regular customers you had grown to love. Nice and clean environment. Pay wages where worth it. And had a very nice manager.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Short breaks
Beauty Supervisor (Former Employee) –  ILApril 24, 2017
Great company to work for. Their benefits are amazing, even for part-time workers. They worked around the fact that i have a full time job and I'm a single mother.
Productive yet stressfuk workplace with fun employees.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Seymour, CT 06483April 24, 2017
Working for a Walgreens provides one with the opportunity to help people through customer service. This is not the easiest thing to do as some people are harder to please than others, however it is the duty of the store associate to make a customer's trip to Walgreens a positive one. Everyone who works with you at a Walgreens understands the stress of customer care and knows how to help make the work day more enjoyable for all. Management is not always consistent with how shifts operate and were not always understanding when it came to employee needs but always made sure the work that needed to get done did get done.
Poor management
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  Spring Valley, NYApril 24, 2017
I used to work with a great team at Walgreens and everything went smoothly until they switched management The store hasn't run the same since. I wished that they hadn't done so otherwise id still be working there today
Pros
Easy, pays ell, good hours
Cons
short lunches, not a great discount
Fun learnable
Pharmacy Tech/ Beauty advisor (Former Employee) –  Pascagoula, MSApril 23, 2017
I loved what I did on a daily basic. I learned something new everyday. I loved my customers as if they were my only family. The hardest part of the day was to make sure you fill that prescription correctly.
Great place to work.
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Eagan, MNApril 23, 2017
I really loved me job here at Walgreens and was very sad when I had to leave. The pay wasn't the best, but the overall experience was well worth working there.
Pros
Advancement, Great Management, Great Work Environment
Cons
Pay, Random Hours
Great location to work
Pharmacy Technician Externship (Former Employee) –  4747 S. Sherwood Forest Blvd. Baton Rouge, LAApril 23, 2017
I always had something to do which was a plus. I learned a lot in a short period of time. I always got help when I need it and it was just an overall great experience that I wouldn't trade for the world.
Pros
Nicely staffed
Cons
Couldn't get a recommendation from Pharmacist, against policy.
It was a great work place and i got along with all my co-workers
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Owensboro, KYApril 23, 2017
I was only working there as an extern for school so unfortunately i was not working there very long. However what i did learn fro. Walgreens is that they are very fast paced which I loved and also they have a system where everything flows smoothly. I learned alot from being an extern at their store.
Pros
I got along with everyone so if I stuck on something they helped.
Cons
It wasnt a full time position.
n/a
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Boynton Beach, FLApril 23, 2017
It was nice working for walgreens
great place to work very helpful people.
I love shopping for my home at walgreen
my kids enjoy going to walgreens
thy also have good deal everyday.
Very hectic atmosphere and no chance for real patient interaction
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Passaic, NJApril 23, 2017
Working here was very stressful. There is no opportunity to consult patients and as part of the staff, you're just working like a robot. The work culture was not very friendly at all.
fast paced pharmacy
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYApril 23, 2017
honed my customer service skills.
developed a working knowledge of many commonly prescribed drugs. Was responsible for entering the prescriptions into the system and then filling with the appropriate medications for the pharmacist to review.
Pros
relaxed
Cons
the occasional disgrntal patient.
Walgreens was a great place to work until corporate made all these changes.
Designated Hitter (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZApril 23, 2017
I have been working for Walgreens for 11 years. And in those 11 years alot of changes have been made to where it made work not fun anymore. I had alot of responsibilities but was not compensated enough for what I was doing for this company. I use to love going to work and always gave them 100% of my work ethic. I worked very hard and Walgreens as a whole did not recognize my hard work. I recently stopped getting raises because I was capped out for my job position. I would have become Management but I would have lost pay and the position of SFL was not a good position because it wasn't worth it.
Pros
Great co-workers and the Store Manager was great
Cons
Corporate was turning employees into robots
Fun workplace
Pharmacy Technician Internship (Former Employee) –  Medford, NYApril 22, 2017
Extremely fun. Even if you are working dealing with patients everyday is great you are helping people. The management is extremely helpful. The hardest part of the job is being willing to learn new things everyday.
Benefits
Cons
Breaks
Overall good place to work
Shift Lead Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 22, 2017
I like the fact that with hard work and dedication it pays off and there are many opportunities to move up in the company as long as you are willing to work for it.
Pros
Good company
Cons
Work hours no holidays off
Give great customer service, handle a cash register, perform other store duties
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Beglis pkwy Sulphur, LAApril 22, 2017
Great place to work. Plenty of opportunities, flexible hours, team members that care and are friendly. Overall an awesome retail experience. I have been here for two years now and hope to continue here, even if it has to be part time
Pros
30 minute lunch breaks
Cons
Some team members do not work as a team
Great part-time job for high school or college students
PHOTO SPECIALIST/ BEAUTY ADVISER (Former Employee) –  Boynton Beach, FLApril 22, 2017
The work life of Walgreens is really nice. Honestly the perfect job if you're still in high school or in college seeking a part-time job.
A lot of the managers are very personable and willing to help you during/after work hours.
Tuesdays and Thursdays are normally truck days. So those would be the days where you would stock the shelves with new inventory.
Saturday is the day where you do the sale ad tags around the store for the upcoming paper ad specials. Expect to stay past closing to finish those tags up.
You are entitled to a 30 minute break and a 15 minute break.
The hardest part of the job was the giant print maker over in the photo department. Expect the machine to break down 3-4 times a month. Other than that, the photo department is the best area to work in the store next to cosmetics.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Walgreens. Our community is ready to answer.