Walgreens
6,248 reviews

Walgreens Employer Reviews

Enjoyable coworkers, constantly busy
Photo Technicaian (Current Employee), Hickory, NCOctober 19, 2014
Pros: 25% off walgreen's brand products
Cons: erratic and unstable hours
The proper manager can make or break your experience. Normal part of the year is generally slow at the photo station, though you will be kept busy with typical retail menial jobs, ie facing, restocking, constantly cleaning up after customers and their children. During the holidays expect to stay at the photo counter, processing orders and not see much – more... of the rest of the store. Your experience may differ depending on the store location and the local customers. Overall, I have had a decent experience at Walgreen's. Some days are busier than others, but if you enjoy retail and do your job, it is a good position with decent job security. – less
Easy going Workplace
Pharmacy Technician Assistant (Former Employee), Seffner, FLOctober 19, 2014
First job and really enjoyed it. Room for advancement if desired. Only left to join military.
Contrator TCS
Contractor (Former Employee), Lincolnshire, ILOctober 19, 2014
I was not happy working under this company. They lied to me about keeping my position. They filled the spot so it would not get filled by another company. They waited till they could bring one of their employee in on a Visa and then they did not find me another position with Walgreen which they had promised me. They also said I was over paid.
Good Atmosphere and schedule.
Cashier (Former Employee), San Jacinto, CAOctober 18, 2014
I really enjoyed my time at Walgreens. I liked my management team. It is a typical retail drugstore, but it was a good job with a lot of opportunity for hours.
Poor Management, Great Employees
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee), Troutdale, OROctober 18, 2014
Pros: 20% discount
Cons: hours
The people are great to work with and work as a team to get things done and meet the store goals. Management on the other hand lacks involvement and encouragement. They lack in discipline and communication.
fast pace and fun environment, with learning expeirnce
Senior Certified Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), Tamarac, FLOctober 18, 2014
Very fast pace and professional environment. I have learned a lot about drugs and its use. I enjoy working with my co-workers.
Overworked, understaffed. Too many supervisors.
Cashier (Former Employee), Hickory NCOctober 18, 2014
Pros: discounts on store merchandise
Cons: short breaks, unfriendly co-workers
Always understaffed and overworked. Very little training. Employees have habit of being late or not showing up at all. Not a good work environment. One of the managers is very kind and helpful, but that doesn't make up for the other negatives of the store unfortunately.
respectful and safety Co.
full case stock (Current Employee), Flagstaff, AZOctober 17, 2014
Walgreen,is a good place to work they gave me the opportunity to grow with the company. The coworkers have respect for others. Managers always treated everyone with respect.I really like this job for the rewards for productivity.The hardest part of this job is knowing it is closing and I will miss everyone.
ok
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee), orlando flOctober 17, 2014
Pros: eat on the job
Cons: no fixed schedule
ok place to work, nice environment , almost good ppl to associate with.
change in management
Pharmacy Technician CPhT (Current Employee), Mooresville, INOctober 17, 2014
Walgreens has been one of the best jobs I have ever had. But with the recent (and very expensive) wellness improvement it seems they are still recovering and are in constant changes in management. I very much enjoyed working with patients and have made some great friendships along the way.
Work is Life
Head Photo Specialist (Former Employee), Midlothian, TXOctober 17, 2014
I work hard, very detail oriented, love to have fun but get the job done, I love working with people who I can get along with, and I love working someone where, where I can stay awhile and show them what I have to move up in a company.
walgreens was a good learning experience
Pharmacy Technician Trainee (Former Employee), Fox Lake, ILOctober 17, 2014
overall a good job but too many scheduling issues i learned all aspects of the pharmacy enviornment and work that entailed it i enjoyed the people i worked with and i really enjoyed the customer relationships.
Workplace
Beauty Advisor/Customer Service (Former Employee), Washington, DCOctober 17, 2014
• Provided customer service; including responding to and resolving client concerns and complaints
• Assembled displays of products and restocked store shelves
• Ensured overall staff member compliance to all policies and procedures
• Received cash payments from customers in order to meet sales quotas
Productive and fast paced environment.
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Former Employee), Alhambra, CAOctober 17, 2014
Worked side by side with store manager, aided with look of the store. Merchandised accordingly with seasons as well as company standards and marketing guide. In charge of the $3500 - $5000 safe, book keeping and balancing previous days drops with cash, credit, & debit transactions. Dealt with hiring and disciplinary actions when needed as well as termination – more... of employee’s. I also did payroll, adjusted, payed out, and fixed any incorrect punches made by employees. Inventory management for the store, stocking or restocking of shelves, ordering, scanning in new merchandise and send back products for credits & daily maintenance of my own department within the store. Price changes, in-store promotions and clearance discontinued products. Aide the pharmacy when needed with taking in new prescriptions and selling prescription with proper verification. Sweep, mop, clean and disinfect public restrooms and other store maintenance issues that would arise. – less
Too Far
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZOctober 17, 2014
Pros: good working place
Cons: too far away from where i lived
I would have continued to work for Walgreens, if the store they had me working at was over 20 miles away. I asked for a transfer, but they wanted to keep me. So I had to quit.
Excellent Job
Technical Assistance (Former Employee), Carolina, PROctober 17, 2014
In a typical day at work I have to do several types of jobs like help the pharmacist with the new orders. Find the drug of the order, count the tablets and put them in a bottle, then give it to the pharmacist for verification. Also I have to attend customers, receive there orders, verify if we have the drug and answer any question of the client. I also – more... help the pharmacist in the preparation of any ointment that was order. Also have to dispatch the drugs to the client and verify if any problem with the medical plan. My co-workers were very friendly and help me a lot with this tasks.
The hardest part of the job was entering information of the client in the computer. And the most enjoyable part of the job was helping the client find the drug and answer any question that they have. – less
Productive workplace
Manager (Current Employee), Chicago, ILOctober 17, 2014
Pros: great health benifits
Cons: compensation
Over night manager, learned how to manage inventory levels and employees
Team work is key
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), Saginaw, MIOctober 16, 2014
Pros: they work around my child's schedule
I am always the bearer of bad news. Everytime we have to tell a patient "no" they send them my way.
I am yelled and sweared at on a daily by patients and I personally feel that I don't make enough money to be treated that way. I have been there 3 years and have been the only certified tech in the pharmacy for the last year and they still have not promoted – more... me to senior tech, even as they expect me to go above and beyond. – less
great job but overtime always mandatory
Outbound Assocate (Current Employee), Windsor, CTOctober 16, 2014
Pros: climate controlled, clean workplace
Cons: mandatory overtime daily, hand and wrist problems
Walgreens has benefits and the pay is not great but competitive. The work schedule and work load is very demanding with mandatory overtime daily. The stress and damage to hands and feet are a problem with repetitive movements and concrete floors. Hand/wrist issues are common example carpal tunnel syndrome.
The schedule is constantly changing is an issue – more... also. In one year shift times have changed three times. Four ten hour days with three off. The ten hour days have been made into twelve hour days mandatory for 7 weeks straight and counting.
Management team is poor but is going through changes with terminations. I am looking for employer who is more worker friendly – less
clean work place
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee), Tucson, AZOctober 16, 2014
Pros: great lunch room
Cons: not enough hours
great co-workers, and clean environment. Needed more hours though

1 2 3 4 5

About Walgreens

At Walgreens, we help people get, stay and live well. That is our core purpose and the difference we make in people's lives every – Read more