Walgreens Employee Reviews in United States

Found 11,789 reviews matching the search
I really don't much care for this place
Certified Photo Specialist (Former Employee) –  Spring, TX 77380May 3, 2016
Doing the photo center was pretty awesome, to be honest.

I got to help people with the problems they were having in their images (i.e., too much colour, too dark, etc...)

It was honestly one of the coolest jobs I've had so far.

HOWEVER, the pay was terrible, they'd force me into doing cashier work instead, and I got FIRED for telling a customer the truth.

So, really, why would you ever wanna work there again?
Pros
Photos of nude women
Cons
Literally everything else
Customer oriented professional enviornment.
Senior Regional Director/Manager (Former Employee) –  Deerfield, ILMay 3, 2016
Walgreens enjoys a positive reputation among other businesses in the industry and among the communities across the country it serves. This position afforded me the ability to build and foster beneficial working relationships with collegues in the industry, elected officials and state decision makers.
Good and healthy environment to work in.
Shift Leader (Current Employee) –  Yuma, AZMay 2, 2016
A typical day at Walgreens is usually very busy day between handling cash for assisting the cashiers and helping customers with their concerns and requests. I learned how to deal with customers in a more effective way in order to provide them with better customer service. Management is good, being part of it I know that every one is willing to work with you and they are good at directing the crew and running the store with me. They help me learn more about managing and keep track of my progress as well. The hardest part of the job is just dealing with problematic customers, but at the end of the day resolving problems and making those type of customers apologize to you really is gratifying.
Pros
They work with you if you go to school.
Cons
They should pay a little better.
Productive and friendly workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 2, 2016
All co-workers and management were always friendly but also efficient. workload was consistent and easy to deal with. I learned about the photo department along with stocking and constant customer service. The hardest part of the job was probably the fact that i didn't have a specific job there was a constant change in responsibility even so it helped build my flexibility while on the job.
fun workplace
shift lead (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMay 2, 2016
everyday you meet all kind of people and to be able to put a smile on someones face before they leave is a really good day for me sometimes all it take is for someone to notice that someone is having a bad day to just say something positive will maybe put a smile on their face everyone just need someone to listen to them lend an ear will go a long way maybe save a life
Pros
helping people
Cons
no breaks
Productive and fun workplace
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  East Amherst, NYMay 2, 2016
I loved working for Walgreens but after 4 years, I realized I had more potential and needed something new. I was in charge of opening and closing the store, making sure price changes were done daily, received multiple vendors a day, stocked merchandise, was in charge of 5 aisles (as were my other co-supervisors) and ensured they were stocked, faced, and ordered things we were out of. I was in charge of the safe, and making sure it stayed at its normal amount. I counted down all the drawers in the morning and at night. I even had some training in the pharmacy (counting pills, labeling bottles, cashing etc.)
Like I said, it was a great job, but I'm looking to hopefully expand my horizons and gain experience in a different field/corporation.
Pros
Fast paced, interactive, multiple responsibilities
Cons
inconsistent schedules, slow pay raise
fun work place
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Metairie, LAMay 2, 2016
Being a pharmacy tech at Walgreens was exciting there never was a dull moment. A typical day at Walgreen begins with you getting straight to work. If they're aren't any patients you will begin with filling and entering prescription. As the day go on customers being to com and you will have to ring them up and explain what is going on with their prescriptions. environment
Pros
nice environment to work
Cons
short break, pay
Customer Services is #1
SERVICE CLERK (Former Employee) –  Carol Stream, ILMay 2, 2016
Customer service is the main priority as well as well stocked shelves. We always made sure each customer was greeted and had everything they needed.
Productive Worplace
Customer Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Markham, ILMay 1, 2016
I've learned many things while working here as well as developed many new skills as well as perfected old ones. Its a great experience for students looking for their first job.
Pros
Work Expierience
Cons
Scheduling
Horrible
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Carthage, MOMay 1, 2016
Not so happy how the employees are treated by the Management. If you wanted to be treated fairly, this isn't the location to work. Your over worked and under paid.
Pros
Customers and Employees
Easy
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLMay 1, 2016
small place easy to run small team which makes work usually go by fast and at ease. Working with customers feels like a community. inventory payroll and sales are easy to maintain.
Pros
great deals
Cons
need better pay
Very productive and alot of learning posibilities
Wharehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Windsor, WIMay 1, 2016
Very fast paced operation with multiple departments from inbound to outbound. Keeping on pace so that all departments alien and stay on pace with each department.
This places teaches you to get tough skin.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 1, 2016
I started there when I was 18. This was a great job for a person fresh out of school. They are willing to train you and they don't mind if you don't have experience. I felt like my co-workers were my second family. I learned patience, about products, and management. You also get the chance to be around people from different cultures. All in all, once you step in the door you're working on different tasks. I was always learning something new. I got to deal with difficult customers and even got a chance to develop friendships. The hardest part about working at Walgreens is when the CEO or someone big is coming in. You have to do your daily tasks, as well make the whole store look great. Although it's tough, it means the world when the manager recognizes you and rewards you. Although it was a job, at no point did the manager make you feel like you're replaceable. He understood that the store was one unit and we all worked together to make sure the work day as easy as possible.
Pros
Everyone treats you like family.
Cons
The tasks might take a toll on your body after a while.
Too much work for little pay
Floor associate (Former Employee) –  Elkins Park, PAMay 1, 2016
It's too much to do at walgreens for all the work I was doing and the store was always understaffed which effects customer service which makes no sense considering how rich the company is.
Pros
good co-workers
Cons
low pay and too much work
An enjoyable sink or swim experience, that lets you know that you sre capable of the impossible if you are willin to put in the work
Retail Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Holly Hill, FLMay 1, 2016
An awesome experience of multitasking, demanding but responsible-workers. management and co-workers. Hardest part of the job is being responsible for everything while balancing my attention adequately to insure completion. The most enjoyable part of my job is molding new faces into confident distinguished employees.
Pros
Salary, insurance, benefits, vacation
Cons
Thecompany eliminated my position
Good Job
Cosmetics Associate (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARMay 1, 2016
I loved working here. My managers were very friendly and helpful with training me for the cashier and on the floor jobs. Just all over a great job.
Pros
Co Workers
Cons
Going into the freezer
Best job i ever had in my life time
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 1, 2016
this is the second job I had in my life time. it taught me everything that I know now. it taught me how to become a better worker in any job, how to be consisted on everything I do even outside of work
Not enjoyable.
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Verona, WIApril 30, 2016
This was your typical, run-of-the-mill chain retail establishment.

One would arrive at work at variable hours of the day often back to back shifts would occur and you would be groggy at the start and throughout your shift. I learned about rudimentary business practices done by retail stores. Their culture was stiff and while I worked hard when I was there and I acquired new skills quickly I found that management would attempt to present an air of hipness that seemed false and it seemed like they did a lot to push employees away. There was an epidemic of stress that festered off of the employees and it was not a good place to work.
Pros
One knew that they had a job
Cons
Bad pay, rude customers, inflexible schedule, little to no opportunity for advancement, and short breaks.
Too much work for too little money.
Beauty Advisor and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Flourtown, PAApril 30, 2016
To start this off I will say that if you have no retail experience this would be a good option. Compared to other stores Walgreens allows you to gain a lot of experience. You learn about how to keep track of inventory, how the truck gets processed, when it's appropriate to purge overstock, etc. However I just feel like with all of that and you're expected to give extraordinary customer care at the same time. It simply isn't worth the 8.00 an hour. The job should pay more in my opinion.
Retail job, Retail work
Service Clerk (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAApril 30, 2016
This was a good job to have. Solid hours and never really boring.
some days were hard and some were easy. Definitely room to grow in the company.