Walgreens Employee Reviews

Found 15,961 reviews matching the search
Started out okay
Senior Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OK 73170May 22, 2017
The position of Pharmacy Tech with Walgreens is not appreciated. If you are not "in" then you are out. Job security - there is none, Job advancement - there is none, Raises for time in position and seniority - forget it.
Wouldn't recommend it
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Miami Lakes, FLMay 22, 2017
Walgreens sells you that is for sure but I wouldn't recommend working there. There is favoritism in who is promoted and I was fired due to absences because I was pregnant ! Definitely NOT the corner of HAPPY AND HEALTHY.
OK work environmenr
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Concord, CAMay 22, 2017
Walgreens overall was a good experience. Most employees are ok, management could use some improvement. Wish the staffs was not over worked due to lack of hiring replacement employees.
Pros
flexible with schedule
Cons
short staff
Great place for a first job, but it doesn't last long
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Turlock, CAMay 22, 2017
This is a great place for a first job, or a part-time job if you have other jobs as well. Each location differs, but for the most part the employees are underpaid, overworked, and underappreciated. The management at several stores needs some major revamping, yet most respectable and educated managers would not be likely to work here in the first place.
Make sure you know your rights in the workplace and keep an eye on your paycheck to make sure there are no discrepancies.
Overall, this job is at the bottom of the totem pole, and many job positions are being eliminated from Walgreens Company, forcing many long term employees to be demoted. Not the best way to handle things, Walgreens!
Pros
Flexible Hours
Cons
Bad management, low pay
great place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Orangeburg, SCMay 22, 2017
I was a cashier here and my typical was checking people out, and serving good quality community service. I also helped with the clean up crew and with stocking.
Productive and fun work place
Pharmacy Technician (Float) (Former Employee) –  Arden Hills, MNMay 22, 2017
I loved working at Walgreens as a pharmacy technician; however, when I moved to a different apartment they promised to transfer me to a Walgreens closer to my new apartment. After said promise, they never transferred me or got back to me about a job period, so I had to quite.
Not the same as it used to be
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 22, 2017
Used to be a great company to work for and felt family orientated, Field management kept changing, thus changing expectations and goals. Payroll budgets kept decreasing despite increase in sales causing management to carry out tasks including all physical work. Used to be able to merchandise freely to satisfy customer needs but company set merchandising standards despite not making sense for the demographic.
Pros
employee benefits and pto depending on years of service
Cons
always changing goals and expectations. continuously decreasing payroll budgets.
I enjoyed my time here
Senior Certified Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Brockton, MAMay 22, 2017
I was trained as a technician with Walgreens in '06 and worked here for 10+ years... My only complaint would be the constant cutting of hours. I would work here again.
daily work
Beauty Consultant (Current Employee) –  Gray, GAMay 22, 2017
Day to Day as a beauty consultant with Walgreens is a good a pace on than it can be slow. This something new that the company has where get the everyday drug store cosmetics buyers to feel comfortable with something they see every day at other stores. pushing new lines of make up. i enjoy meeting new people and helping people that walking into my cosmetic department.
Fast paced environment with great people.
Floor Associate (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORMay 22, 2017
The store I worked at was small but there was always something to keep you busy. Everyone pulled their own weight and always made sure the work was done before their shift ended.

Want to know more about Walgreens?

Ask a question
Productive and organized
service associate (Current Employee) –  Winona, MNMay 22, 2017
Every store is different based on the store manager you have. The shift leads also play a role in how the environment is in the store. A good working and helping team is key to good customer service while getting projects done.
Do the job meant for two people.
Staff supervision/training (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 22, 2017
I learn what I can do.
Resolve customer complaints
Keep me on my toes,
Hardest part of the job was balancing between management and customer service.
Display set up
Pros
Alot of opportunity for promotion
Cons
Schedule
A typical day
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMay 22, 2017
Don't really have much to say about working at Walgreen's. We have our good days and bad days. Great coworkers, great customers. All in all a great place to work.
Not a place I would work again
Photo Specialist (Former Employee) –  Effingham, ILMay 22, 2017
The management and those I worked with were great to be around, but the environment was not fast pace enough for me... I would often stand around and not have anything to do, which is not something i prefer when I am working. It was not worth the minimum wage pay.
fun workplace
Manager (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 22, 2017
I loved working for Walgreens it was a great experience. I had an amazing time working there with all of my co-workers. My managers were amazing and very helpful in molding me to become the best that I can be.
Employee recognition
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Freeport, NYMay 22, 2017
Employees are not recognized for good work. Hard workers go unnoticed and lazy people are promoted. I believe it would be better to switch workers at the main register mid shift. Standing at the main register for long periods at a time put a huge strain on the back. So if you could look into switching main cashiers mid sift that would be nice.
Pros
Cons
Not valued
Good
Pharmacist Intern (Current Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJMay 22, 2017
Good company, no room for advancement, management is supportive depending on your district. As an intern, the hours were very flexible and the staff was supportive.
walgreeens is good but has it own internal problems
Certified and Registered Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 21, 2017
I like the patient but some of them can be very rude. I anticipate to go to work each time because the work in itself is not difficult. the counting of pills and the settling of insurances adjudication
Workers are usually helpful and nice to make your job easier
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Bolingbrook, ILMay 21, 2017
I been with walgreens for 4 years and I like I can work any Walgreens I want and I like the breaks and my coworkers are helpful when I have questions or need help. But I really dislike getting blamed for patients co-pays and trying to explain everytime it's their insurance not my choice and insurance companies complicate the job more than anything.
Pros
Get to work anywhere
Cons
Decrease hours too much
Good managers
BEAUTY ADVISOR (Former Employee) –  Rockland, MAMay 21, 2017
Iffy company but the managers care about you. Great after school job, pay can be a bit funky make sure you are tracking it. can be a bit boring at times.
Pros
managers
Cons
low pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Walgreens. Our community is ready to answer.