Walgreens Employee Reviews in United States

Found 12,591 reviews matching the search
Great fast paced and fun environment
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMAugust 22, 2016
I loved being busy every day and if no customers were present i always found something to do. I enjoyed learning new things with the 3+ years in a retail pharmacy setting.
Amazing pharmacy manager
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Brighton, COAugust 22, 2016
Walgreens was an amazing learning experience. Very thankful for the crew and the most awesome pharmacy manager. Retail can be trying but I think this was the best place to start off as a pharmacy technician.
Pros
Great for learning new things
Cons
Busy and or shorthanded
Co workers are amazing and flexible hours
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  Hudson, WIAugust 22, 2016
I always had a great time working at Walgreens. Especially the one in my location. The worst part was that we had to switch managers often, so when you got to know someone well it seemed like they were transfered.
Great Environment
Customer Service Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAAugust 22, 2016
Very bright and friendly, customers were always friendly and the employees and managers worked as a great team. Getting to the customers on a personal level was a lot of fun. Id love to do it again.
Fun workplace
Eligibility Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Bannockburn, ILAugust 22, 2016
The workplace got busy at times especially during open enrollment. There was a lot to learn but training was provided and co-workers were very helpful. I enjoyed working with my clients.
Service clerk (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHAugust 22, 2016
Good company many opportunities for additional employment offers. Profits sharing. 401k. Managers and district manger were very helpful and friendly with a open door policy
Pros
Na
Cons
Na
Life on the corner of happy and healthy
Senior Certified Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  La Grange Highlands, ILAugust 21, 2016
I normally work the morning shift so I open the pharmacy, and prepare it for other technicians. Service and customers waiting in the drive-thru. Printing prescriptions ahead and filling to get them done by the required time. Handling more than 30 customers on a daily. Being greeted and holding friendly conversations with regular patients. Working under pressure with limited staff because of hour cuts would probably be the hardest part. The most enjoyable part is seeing my regular customers, and seeing the smile on their face when I greet them by name. And inquire about their everyday life.
Good first job
Manager (Former Employee) –  Tamarac, FLAugust 21, 2016
This is a great first job for a high school student. It was fun but I wouldn't want to work there any longer . The work day wasn't long but the company did not offer full time .
Walgreens is a decent place to work; as with any place it could use some improvement.
Special Programs Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAAugust 21, 2016
I do not believe that this company values it's employees enough; they believe in community involvement but they do not show the same care for their employees.
Pros
Great people who care about their jobs.
Cons
Lots of nepatism.
Good Stable job
Customer Associate (Former Employee) –  200 E Broadway Ave, Moses Lake, WA 98837August 21, 2016
I provided friendly, courteous, and efficient service for our customers and I was responsible for cash register operations. I was also responsible for store inventory and for maintaining store signage and displays
Horrible
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 20, 2016
I would not work for this company again, simply because the management was full of inconsiderate people. The managers were not only inconsiderate to elder customers, along with inconsiderate to the employees. Unfortunately i don't feel as though they were a good team
company with proven success that offers the opportunity to advance and informative training
Community Management Intern (Former Employee) –  Boynton Beach, FLAugust 20, 2016
Learned a lot about retail management and got the opportunity to learn multiple job responsibilities that can prove useful in many other career opportunities.
Productive Workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYAugust 20, 2016
A typical day at work, working the register, stockroom assistance, refolding clothes, getting things in order. Co-workers were pleasant no drama. Hardest part of the job was keeping up when the store would get crowded.
Great Team Members
Cashier and Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Palm Harbor, FLAugust 20, 2016
I love working here. I have the hardest job. Greeting and being the face of walgreens everyday. Learning everyday. I knew how to handle customers on a daily basis as well as complete tasks that were given to me
Fast pace
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Marlborough, MAAugust 20, 2016
Very nice company to work for always have room to grow within the company they provide training in new areas you choose to go or more up to some managers are btter then others
Pros
GREAT CO-WORKERS
Great Company
Photo Specialist (full-time) (Current Employee) –  Vestavia Hills, ALAugust 20, 2016
The work may be difficult at times but the people are always great to work for and with. Just like with any job you have your ups and downs but for the most part it has been a rewarding experiance.
Pros
great people
Cons
need a flexible schedule
It was a productive envirnoment
Internship Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 19, 2016
It was an productive and fast pace environment. I get to learn how to transfer, refill, and order inventory through the computer. I also, had a good time hands on experience in put in prescription and filling as I go. The hardest part about the job is dealing with difficult customers that had problems getting their prescriptions from the other pharmacies.
Fun workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  North Syracuse, NY 13212August 19, 2016
A typical day is stocking , cleaning & cashier. The best part of this job is the customers & coworkers. The hardest part is you work hard for a long time and you don't get many raises. Your hours are not consistant.
Pros
the job is rewarding
Cons
raises are scarce
Working as a Pharmacy Tech
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Downey, CAAugust 19, 2016
I loved working as a Pharmacy Technician at Walgreens. A wonderful working atmosphere and positive co-workers. i loved my customers too. I wish i can go back to work but unfortunately im unable to go out and work bu i am looking forward to still work in the field but at home doing pharmacy work and third party billing at home on line.
Not a great place
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  GeorgiaAugust 19, 2016
There was no employee focus. Hours were never consistent, and could be transferred in a blink of a eye without any warning. on educational opportunities.