Walgreens Employee Reviews

Found 16,648 reviews matching the search
Great Place to work
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VAJune 23, 2017
I enjoyed working for this company was able to move up in different departments in a matter of months. Really enjoyed co-workers and the pharmacy staff.
Pros
good pay
Cons
working weekends and holidays
Me encanto la dinamica del trabajo
Servicio al cliente (Former Employee) –  Carolina, PRJune 23, 2017
Siempre habia algo que hacer, me encanto el area de trabajo y lo que aprendi en ese mes de empleo de verano,,,le agradezco la oportunidad que me dieron
Fun Work Place
Sr. Certified Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNJune 23, 2017
Great Co-Workers. I have been working there seven years and I must say I have seen people come and go. Its a difficult work environment but once you get use to it then things are smooth
Family Culture
Senior Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 23, 2017
Family oriented, cares about employees but can be very demanding and quick paced. Your whole day is on your feet and may be very strenuous physically.
Cons
needs to increase wage for staff
Good entry level job with opportunity to advance
Shift Leader/Manager (Current Employee) –  TexasJune 23, 2017
I have worked for Walgreens for 3 years now. Started as a cashier and am currently a manager about to be promoted again. Pros include being a great place to advance if you put in the work, easy work if you are not lazy, pharmacy program, prescription coverage, decent medical, dental, and vision plans, paid vacation, and for the most part, store managers will work with you and your schedule. Cons include good possibility of having lazy co-workers since for the most part this is an entry level job, some pain points of communication from corporate to store level management, training techniques, and putting customers first instead of employees.
Pros
Employee discount and heads up on great promotions if you are a couponer
Cons
Typical retail hours, working on all holidays
a kids job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJune 23, 2017
I actually liked working there, was my first job and easy money. But after management changed they started working me too hard for minimum wage so I had to leave. It's an okay job for anyone 16-21.
Pros
easy work (depending on department)
Cons
short breaks, small pay
Unprofessional
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  nashvileJune 22, 2017
A typical day here would include tending to your customers, filling scripts, typing prescriptions, stocking products needed for the job to be completed. The workplace of the environment was very unprofessional. Things that shouldn't have been discussed about employees was discussed not only to other people at the store but also with customers. A lot of favoritism took place in this environment.
Pros
The customers were nice
Cons
Unprofessional
productive and fast paced work environment
Pharmacy Technician Externship (Former Employee) –  New Braunfels, TXJune 22, 2017
Chaotic but fun work environment. Be expected to fill hundreds of medications daily, and be self motivated to complete your tasks, come to work ready to do your job not complain to your employer.
A good place to work,
SYEP Worker (Former Employee) –  Staten Island, NYJune 22, 2017
From the working there i learned how to stock products and how it takes a team make to a Walgreens run smoothly. I learned how important it was to make the store look presentable so that we can have customers come back.
Productive and kind place to work in
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Springfield, VAJune 22, 2017
The managers try to work with employees according to their busy life schedules. They try to help with balancing life, work and school. If you were to mess up on the job, they help you to not make the same mistake again.
I enjoy using this app, provide me with a lot of job opportunities
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 22, 2017
Working for walgreen been a great experience for me . I learned many things in that environment and improved many of my skills working for walgreens .
A typical day at Walgreen is busy doing resets, ordering, periodic counts, customer service, multitasking the whole day. Stocking, receiving.
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Marina del Rey, CAJune 22, 2017
A typical day at Walgreen is busy doing resets, ordering, periodic counts, customer service, multitasking, stocking, receiving, cashiering and much more.
Pros
Great benefits, great employess
Cons
My position getting cut
I was a friendly environment.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  FloridaJune 22, 2017
I enjoyed working at Walgreens. The manager was wonferful. I personally liked the times when it did get really busy, because you have moments that are very slow. My co-workers were good also.
Pros
Discounts, rotated weekends.
Cons
The slow moments.
Management has been good to accommodate my schedule
Cashier and Photo (Current Employee) –  Lebanon, TNJune 22, 2017
Wal-Greens has been a good part-time job for me. I only work 2 days a week but, if I need some time off 95% they can accommodate me and my scheduling needs. Most of my co-workers are really awesome and the work atmosphere is good.
Pros
easy work schedule
Cons
call out sick they take a PTO day
Growing organization
Corporate & Staffing IT Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Deerfield, ILJune 22, 2017
Growing organization with great people to work for.
New systems being implemented all the time.
Growing beauty team. Great benefits. Excellent location for the North suburbs.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Open desk concept
flexible
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Goose Creek, SCJune 22, 2017
They are very flexible with me while I was attending school. I just graduated and since then they have given me the hours that I want while I am looking for something within the field that I graduated from.
Great place to work. Would definitely go back.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOJune 22, 2017
This place has to be my favorite retail experience. Management was great, customers were friendly, and you're allowed to be yourself, which is something a lot of employers try to cover up. I was allowed to joke with and get along with the vast majority of my customers, and most the regulars were the same way. Management worked with me on my schedule, and the pay was decent. Overall, great workplace.
Pros
Friendly environment, big discount on store brand stuff
Cons
Bi weekly pay
No longer the Walgreens I started to work for
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 22, 2017
Senior management is sorely out of touch with the reality of everyday life working at store level, and they have shown the lack of concern towards their employees. A few examples.
1) recently did away with the discretionary 401k contributions to retirement fund. Money out of my pocket to line those making millions.
2) personally, I have been capped on my pay for five years now. The company raises price due to inflation, but they do not care about giving raises to capped employees as inflation increases. Bottom line, they do not want long term employees to work at walgreens.
3) decreasing manpower running the stores, but continue to have higher expectations of workload. Refer to #2, no pay increase but require more.
Bottom line is that when walgreens merged with Boots and senior management changed hands, nothing positive happened for the employees and we feel the negative impact daily.
Pros
trying to be positive, but the pros have been dried up for years
Cons
Do not have dreams that the company will be there for you long term.
Mucha carga laboral y muy poca paga
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 22, 2017
El trabajo para los asistentes cada vez es mas dificil por que eliminaron posiciones de menor rango en la corporacion , incrementaron la carga de trabajo al Asistant manager
Pros
trabajas directamente con el Store manager
Cons
mucho stress
better than CVS to work for
Shift Lead (Former Employee) –  Westport, CTJune 22, 2017
Walgreen's has good training and their Managers "get it:" I have worked for both CVS and Walgreen's, and Walgreen;s is better, They have better training and understanding of their employees. But, the jobs are all very physical. Be prepared to work hard.
Pros
Good training. Nice people for the most part.
Cons
Job very physical.lots of standing, twisting and moving

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Walgreens. Our community is ready to answer.