Walgreens Employee Reviews

Found 17,765 reviews matching the search
Consistent work with plenty of opportunities and diversity
Photo Specialist/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, TXAugust 20, 2017
The days are full of work as the store is very busy, but the days really fly. Some really good people work there. Will definitely teach you customer service better than most places.
Pros
discount, paid time off, offered health care, breaks
Walgreens is a good company to work for
Intake Coordinator (Former Employee) –  San Luis Obispo, CAAugust 19, 2017
Answered phones taking Intake Calls with new Referrals, entered data on computer, figured out pricing for medications and nursing services scheduled appointments,, collected monies due, spoke to patients regarding financial responsibility,
Pros
Good pay excellent benefits, weekends off.
Cons
Was difficult turning patients away.
great company
Photo Specialist (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, TNAugust 19, 2017
flexible hours, family oriented, help you achieve goals. I enjoyed working for walgreens but was over retail in general. Great place to work if you can get on
Pros
close to home
Cons
no set schedule, open on all holidays
fast paced
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXAugust 19, 2017
Working for Walgreens is a pretty good starting job for a teenager or someone trying to get back on track it's fun and fast paced not enough employees to work there
Pros
It's a fun place to work
Cons
Not enough employees
I love working here.
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Bedford, NHAugust 19, 2017
It has been such a wonderful opportunity to be able to work here. I love every moment of it. I especially love how it keeps me busy. The other people working in the store are also incredibly nice.
Productive and Friendly
23rd and Dove street (Former Employee) –  23rd and Dove streetAugust 19, 2017
All the co-workers were helpful and they kept the work place organized and fun. They stayed on task and were helpful when it came to me asking a question.
ASM at Walgreens
Assistant Store Manager/Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Bellefontaine, OHAugust 19, 2017
Walgreens isn't a bad place to work once you get into leadership. I was hired as an assistant manager 10 years ago. Aside from the inconsistent scheduling and dealing with typical customer service and workforce issues, its not bad. The money is decent...the insurance maybe comparable for the position, but is still fairly expensive for lackluster coverage and high deductibles.
Pros
wages, flexible schedule, air conditioning
Cons
work nearly all weekends and holidays
Great stepping stone career
Senior Certified Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Oak Creek, WIAugust 19, 2017
This is a great place to work but can be stressful at times. It can be challenging to work with ill or injured customers but it can also be rewarding to help those in need.
Pros
Rewarding
Cons
Stressful
was a good place in the begining
Customer Service, Lead Photo Lab Tech (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHAugust 19, 2017
I started off as entry level, I asked to be trained in the photo lab, the young lady who did it in the evening called off every other day, so I offered to come in and be trained, at first they were grooming another, who quit without noticed, they then trained me, I took that lab from an average of 40 rolls a day to 80 rolls a shift an eight hour shift, my lab cecame number one in sales, profits and roll count, , most of the co-workers were hardworkers, most of the management were hard workers, there were a few bad eggs, and some devious people.
Pros
better paying on average than Rite-Aid, or CVS
Cons
once they want you out the get really petty
Productive and a great place to work at
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Clifton, NJAugust 19, 2017
It can be super stressful depending on the given situation, but overall I really enjoy working there. But, I am looking for a job that correlates with my college major.
Pros
Opportunity to learn
Cons
Sometimes co workers are slackers
I had to have knee surgery and during my time off they fought paying my medical bills threw the health insurance and the bills never got paid.
Cosmetics Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Hebron, INAugust 19, 2017
I needed to have knee surgery and during that time the health insurance fought to pay them after all that they terminated me , I lost my job. The positions were very competitive from each employee.
Pros
Discounts, health insurance coverage
Cons
Hours, travel, the pay.
Corperate sucks
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Roxbury Crossing, MAAugust 18, 2017
Enjoyed the staff, fun stories and events in all areas. Staff is very helpful and feels like family. Downfall is the change in uppermanagement and changes within the company due to mergers
Pros
Flexible, can work at other locations
Challenging but room to advance
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Meridian, IDAugust 18, 2017
Management has lots of pressure to work hard and make customers happy. But, the pay is fair and there are lots of promotion opportunities. Anyone under store manager level will have to work holidays (all stores are open everyday of the year). It is rare to have a set schedule until you reach store manager level.
Pros
Opportunities for advancement
Cons
Working holidays, weekends, nights, odd hours
Challenging but rewarding workplace
Pharmacy Manager/Pharmacist (Current Employee) –  Peoria, AZAugust 18, 2017
Very stressful and demanding work environment. Can be rewarding to those with a good work ethic. Great way to connect with the community. Company is always looking for ways to make their pharmacists more clinical.
Pros
High salary
Cons
Very demanding
Great Place to work.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Naples, FLAugust 18, 2017
Walgreens is a great company to work for if you don't have a family. The work life balance can be a strain with the different work times and mandatory holiday hours. Other than that its a great place to work. Management cares about you as person and if willing you can learn a lot about running a business and what it takes to be successful. Walgreens tries to teach all their employees how to be self sufficient and think on their own without a manager always telling you what to do. You really have to be a all around person and self starter to work there.
Pros
Great benifits
Cons
Random schedule, not alot of help due to budget.
Great benefits....no social life
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 18, 2017
Walgreens used to be a company that moved managers up on a fast track. However working at the store level requires a large amount of physical labor more so than managerial duties.
Cons
Working nights, weekends and holidays.
non-interested in your well being
Beauty Advisor (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CAAugust 18, 2017
This company is 100% only interested in making money, they do not care for your well being as a person. I've worked here 2 years, going above and beyond to bring revenue to my store.
Isn't what it used to be
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LAAugust 18, 2017
Used to be a halfway decent place to work, benefits keep getting cut, hours keep getting cut, all about metrics, people don't feel valued, no satisfaction.
great company to work for
Head cashier (Former Employee) –  Austell, GAAugust 18, 2017
no complaints about this job. You can move up quickly with this company. the benefits are okay. Management needs a little improvement but for the most part pretty good.
Pros
15% discount on all items
Cons
always short of staff
Good Place so so managers
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Metropolis, ILAugust 18, 2017
There are some good managers there but there is one manager that needs to be made to leave the store and rotate like all managers do. They do hire within the company and train which is a good thing and help people advance who could not otherwise learn.
Pros
Free training, benefits, hours
Cons
Some bad management, no set schedule

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Walgreens. Our community is ready to answer.