Walgreens
5,840 reviews

Walgreens Employer Reviews

Management at Walgreens
Shift Manager (Former Employee), Houston, TXAugust 25, 2014
Pros: quiet peaceful atmoshere
Cons: open on holidays
Walgreens was a good starting ground in learning how to manage other team members. There were many pros and cons to working here but I feel I learned a lot in the process.
Love working with customers.
Shift Lead (Current Employee), Davenport, IAAugust 25, 2014
Inventory control, ordering, open and close, check in truck, support and encourage and lead employees, problem solving with customers and store problems.
stressful, fast moving environment requires you to be on top of your game at all times
Pharmacy Technician/Intern (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOAugust 25, 2014
Pros: constant work
Cons: repetitive, stressful
consulting patients on drugs, filling prescriptions, customer service most important in this environment
rewarding
Head Photo Specialist (Former Employee), Garner, NCAugust 25, 2014
I liked that we had return customers whom you got to know and were able to take care of their needs that's why they returned. There is always a co-worker around the corner to help if needed. The best thing about the job is that there was always something to keep you busy.
Several positions Lots of room to grow
Pharmacy Technician / Executive Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Phoenix AZAugust 25, 2014
I held many positions at Walgreens. I had 9 years as an assistant manager and had my pharmacy technicians license also allowing me to help out any position that was needed. I was able to be helpful to the customers whenever they needed assistance making this a very fullfilling place to work. I also spent a few yesrs working in their mail order facility – more... transcribing prescriptiions as well as filling prescriptions. – less
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Durham, NCAugust 25, 2014
Pros: advancement
Cons: manpower
With retail in general it's hard finding the balance between family and work because the hours are all over the place. It's ideal for a single person that has no children.
Excellent company for advancement
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Amsterdam, NYAugust 25, 2014
Pros: growth in the company, multiple training tools available, reasonable insurance costs
Cons: no set schedule
I worked in many stores during my career with Walgreens. I met and developed lasting relationships with great people.
The best part of my days was the ability to work alongside my employees and train, coach and develope them to ensure the direction of the company was being followed.
The hardest part was working under a manager that was doing and directing – more... things be done in ways that I, in all the other stores I had been in, had not been doing and were not Walgreens ways. This created tension and I had to work hard to keep a good attitude and continue to grow the employees in the direction of this manager. Overall, I enjoyed learning and advancing in Walgreens and continue to recommend this company. You can come in as a cashier and work your way up to corporate positions, if that is your desire. – less
Hard work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Brookly, NYAugust 25, 2014
Pros: free lunch and gift card when employee of the month.
Cons: short breaks, long lines, rude customers at times, maintaining ecc.
Usually a main cashier holds a dominant position in the store. A main cashier would have to keep a watch for the front end of the store as well as provide customer care.Other employees working on the floor makes sure the items in the store are faced and stocked in the right location; while providing customer care.
Productive workplace
Cashier (Former Employee), Richmond, VAAugust 24, 2014
Pros: excellent coworkers and customers. supervisor was very understanding.
Cons: late hours
I was responsible for organizing the store, making sure it’s clean and neat, providing excellent customer service, closing out the register, counting all currency accurately, assisting in the pharmacy and photo department when needed, answering phone calls promptly and translating for Spanish speaking customers.
productive friendly work environment.
Supervisor (Former Employee), st.petersburg, flAugust 24, 2014
Pros: nice staff meet new people
Cons: management, and pay, less hours
Good environment to work in nice staff you get to meet new people everyday and u also have you faithful costumers. and you learn alot about products and other things.
Bad management
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Quincy, MAAugust 24, 2014
no room for job growth, not friendly and very bad management.
Great place to advance company-wise. Fast paced environment.
Customer Service Advisor (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLAugust 23, 2014
Pros: discount, 401k plans, long breaks
Cons: occasional rude customers
A typical day at work, for the most part, includes constant work. This work is not just busy work, it includes tasks that are vital to the up-keeping of the store & the customers' happiness. I've learned how to work a Telxon and of course, how to better deal with customers. My store manager has let me know since the beginning that he was always here – more... to teach me anything I wanted to know, and listen if I ever needed to talk. The hardest part of the job is finding a balance. If you're like me, that isn't too hard. But if you've never dealt with customers & having a big work load, this could be a challenge in the beginning. I mainly enjoy just staying busy throuhgout the day & laughing with and enjoying my coworkers. – less
very clean, and always something to do
Service Clerk (Current Employee), Ralston, NEAugust 23, 2014
great people,
very fast paced
awesome management
learned great customer service
very busy
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), Clayton, NCAugust 22, 2014
my typical day working at Walgreen's consists of me clocking in on time, filling and typing prescriptions, updating and adding insurances to patients profiles, registering patients with walgreens pharmacy. the part about this job that i enjoy most is knowing that I can put a smile on someone's face, and make them happy makes me happy.
Good experience
200-Hour Pharmacy Technician Externship (Former Employee), Denver, COAugust 21, 2014
Good atmosphere, good people, well trained individuals, out going staff
good people
Cashier (Former Employee), Austin, TXAugust 21, 2014
Cons: breaks
Fun to work at a great company. Job was fun when merchandising
Management is good
Pharmacy Technician- CU Specialist (Current Employee), Tempe, AZAugust 21, 2014
Pros: listen to music
Cons: short breaks and lunches, sitting the whole time.
Sitting at a desk all day, boring. Management is nice, very strict though
A daily opportunity to help people get, stay and live well.
Walgreens Lead Cashier & Customer Service (Current Employee), Rohnert Park, CAAugust 20, 2014
Pros: employee discounts on all products in the store.
I really enjoy interacting with the customers who come into the store and being part of a team whose goal is to help others maintain a healthy lifestyle.
One of the hardest thing is dealing with customers who steal products fromm the store.
Fun
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Former Employee), Vero Beach, FLAugust 20, 2014
I enjoyed working there. My favorite is the Liquor sore manager.
Fun place to work.
Beauty Advisor/service clerk (Former Employee), Hoffman Estates, ILAugust 20, 2014
Very friendly people. Lots of new things to learn and many happy people to be around.

1 2 3 4 5

About Walgreens

At Walgreens, we help people get, stay and live well. That is our core purpose and the difference we make in people's lives every – Read more