Walgreens
5,542 reviews

Walgreens Employer Reviews

Great Experience
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), FLJuly 12, 2014
Filling Prescription and assisting with inventory, entering patient information in the computer datatbase.
GREAT WORK ENVIRONMENT
CUSTOMER SERVICE (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJuly 11, 2014
Pros: great benefits, fun & friendly coworkers wonderful schedule
Cons: better pay
A TYPICAL DAY AT WALGREENS CONSIST OF CUSTOMER SERVICE,STOCKING,CASHIER,CLEANING.WORKING FOR WALGREENS I'VE LEARNED HOW TO DEVELOP PICTURES,STOCKING,RESETS,& I'VE LEARNED ABOUT COSMETIC.I WORKED WITH SOME VERY OUTGOING KIND HEARTED HELPFUL MANGERS AND COWORKERS.THERE WASNT A HARD PART ABOUT WALGREENS.I ENJOYED EVERYTHING ABOUT WALGREENS.
Really great job if your wanting to move up quick.
Order picker (Former Employee), Moreno Valley, CAJuly 11, 2014
Really great job if your wanting to move up quick.
Was not my only intention but with my experience and knowledge lead me able to very easily with the easy data processor, and limited work space.
Great company met allot of great people
Your always on your feet.
Senior Beauty Advisor (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJuly 11, 2014
Pros: co-workers are like family to me.
Cons: no set schedules and the pay is not the best for the work that i do.
At my location, everybody is like family. The best part of my job is my co-workers. But, it just seems like I do the same thing every day. There is nothing new to working here.
Typical day at work
staff pharmacist (Former Employee), Kingston, Poughkeepsie, Wappinger FallsJuly 11, 2014
I was an integral part of my patients receiving their correct medicine.
I enjoyed recommending health care products, speaking with their physicians, and immunizing them against potential debilitating diseases.
I learned to stay focused and listen carefully to what patient's were trying to explain to me about their illness or insurance problems.
My co-workers – more... always strived to help everybody and took care of them accurately.
The hardest part of the job was trying to get everything done within a reasonable time frame. The work usually required more team members which we were not given.
I enjoyed helping people by serving them in the best way I knew how. – less
Excellent place to work
stock person (Former Employee), San Bernardino, California, 27951, Baseline streetJuly 11, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule, friendly staff
I enjoyed working with everyone. They were fair minded, friendly, fun and always good to work with. My typical day job was working the shelves, unloading the trucks, general clean up when needed, etc. Typical things you would expect in working at a retail store. I enjoyed my time there.

I learned how a Telxon works, how to tie a veil, taking apart – more... and putting shelves back together for a reset when needed along with learning how to use the proper tools for the job. The hardest part of the job was resetting a shelf by yourself. I recommend being careful when doing so by yourself. A fellow employee by your side will make it go much faster (Recommended).

The most enjoyable part of the job is when the managers work alongside the employees which makes everything easier. A respectable trait. – less
walgreens
Department Manager/Senior Beauty Advisor (Former Employee), burnsvilleJuly 10, 2014
good place to work, lots of room to move up and had fun at work everyday.
Very calm working atmosphere
HEAD OF BEAUTY ADVISOR (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVJuly 10, 2014
Pros: calming environment
Cons: healthcare
Cashier duties, stocked shelves, put products on display, and assisted customers. I learned how much customers appreciate your help. My managers were very kind and were happy to assist me with any questions. My co-workers were very nice and I trained subordinates who worked under me. The hardest part of the job was to work back to back shifts when a – more... co-worker would call in sick. The most enjoyable part of the job was the peaceful environment that I worked under. – less
Professsional enviroment
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIJuly 10, 2014
I enjoy going to work because I am actually a peoples person. Some people can try and be hard on you sometimes but, I can work under pressure as long as I am in a professional environment I have the ability to do anything. I love work no matter what.
fun workplace and productive
Cashier (Former Employee), Schaumburg, ILJuly 10, 2014
typical day at work would be calm rush hours once in a while
friendly co-workers
I enjoyed working there
hardest part was putting tags all over the store
Great Company
Administrative Assistant/Purchasing Coordinator (Former Employee), Northbrook, ILJuly 10, 2014
Great company, great people! It is hard to get to for someone that lives in the city. I would have definitely stayed in the commute was more convenient.
Good place to make customers happy.
Customer service. "To Head Photo (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALJuly 10, 2014
Pros: good customers
Cons: typical corporate work rules like saying "be well" as each customer departed.
I focused mainly on the photo dept but did merchandising, stocking, etc. I excelled in customer projects. My most memorable was spending two hours on the phone with a lady from Oregon who needed a collage of photos for a funeral in our area. She was so pleased with my work that she wrote a letter of commendation to corporate.
A company ready and willing to promote if right attitude is shown.
Administrator (Former Employee), Mount Prospect, ILJuly 9, 2014
Pros: flexible, very suportive enviroment, worked as a team
Cons: required overtime to ensure projects were finished
On a daily basis you would work with UPS by shipping an receiving, also pick up calls in regards to problems with the stores or guiding techs in any questions they may including payroll, store location, estimated time of arrival for parts. Management was awesome very flexible and we worked as a team, I learned how to use Lotus Notes, Word, Excel, Remedy, – more... also did a little bit of technical repairs. The hardest part of my job was keeping items organized since many people grabbed items and didn't put them back. The most enjoyable part was working with Management they give me a list of things to do and allowed me to pace and finish these. – less
great pharmacy team
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Long Beach, CAJuly 9, 2014
we were a very busy pharmacy but the team was good and we got the job done.
Convergys
Pharmacy Technician Externship (Former Employee), Lubbock, TXJuly 9, 2014
It was an ok job and something to put on a resume so as to gain work experience
Challenging and fast-paced
Senior Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCJuly 9, 2014
Worked with a consistently lean budget despite higher than average growth quarter after quarter. Would manage customers, phone calls, fill and deliver prescriptions. Multitasking and organizational abilities were a must. Developed meaningful relationships with patients over the years.
A company that I was able to grow-up with.
Head Photo Specialist (Former Employee), Portland, ORJuly 9, 2014
Pros: benefits, being comfortable with my position and knowledge of the company.
Cons: no advancement in the photot department.
I had been with Walgreen's for 7 years and during my time there I had worn many hats. I started out as a front end cashier, worked in the cosmetics department before settling into the photo department where I really found my niche. Customer service was the biggest priority where I excelled at helping customers find what they were looking for either – more... in the store or online. I performed cash handling, stocking the shelves and in the warehouse, I ordered for my department (snacks, groceries and drinks), I would train new employees on how to use the photo lab equipment, I would also instruct others on how to work the new machines that would arrive from time to time. As the Head Photo Tech, it was my job to maintain the machines once a month, make sure the chemicals were drained and replaced, fix any problems that occurred in the printer and general cleaning of the lab. I feel that during my time with Walgreen's I became a more confident woman who knew what I wanted and that I was able to go out and work for it. The last year I worked for Walgreen's, I was going to school. I worked there full-time and attending class part-time. I felt that if I was able to work that hard at two jobs, then there was nothing stopping me from moving forward into a bright new career. – less
fun place
Cashier (Former Employee), Dallas,TxJuly 9, 2014
Pros: 40 hours a week
Cons: unfair with schedules
I will help customers to find products around the store and check them out when there were ready.
easy fast paced job
Cashier (Former Employee), Corinth, TXJuly 9, 2014
was pretty laid back and easy, dealt with tons of customer's and figured out what suited their needs. I also stocked items and labeled prices.
Fast Paced pharmacy with very high volume, always busy and always moving. I love a challenging environment.
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), American Canyon, CAJuly 8, 2014
I learned so many valuable skills in this position. A typical day would include everything from worker's comp claims, TAR completions to filling 200 or more prescriptions daily, all while answering phones. Walgreen's pharmacy was a very fast paced environment and multitasking is essential to the workplace here. Here I learned a lot about insurances, – more... formularies, Medicare, Medi-Cal, and a lot of the clerical duties that come with being a PT, including inventory maintenance.

My co-workers wee always very easy to work with and well trained making the work flow go smoothly. Management was always encouraging. They were always available and willing to step in when needed. They were nothing short of supportive.

I enjoy working in a pharmacy setting because I love to help people. I enjoy the fast paced work environment and the challenge of multitasking perfectly without error. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About Walgreens

At Walgreens, we help people get, stay and live well. That is our core purpose and the difference we make in people's lives every – Read more