Walgreens
7,907 reviews

Walgreens Employee Reviews

Walgreens is going through another reorganization
Regional Asset Manager (Former Employee), Deerfield, IllinoisMay 28, 2015
Pros: working remotely
Cons: inexperienced senior management which has created a bureaucractic nightmare
Typical work day included resolving escalated issues from the Asset Managers in the field and corporate management. Corporate duties included creating RFP's, meetings, special projects and communication of programs to the field. New management was installed over the last 3 years. A number of managers had minimum experience in maintenance or leadership skills which required patience in delivery of the message to the Asset Managers and with the customer. Coworkers relationships were both good and bad. The new inexperienced management hires were bad but the experience management relationships and were great. The hardest part of the job was keeping up with constant changes within the company. Once a simple tasks became buried in bureaucracy. The most enjoyable part of the job was problem solving and relationships with the field, the customer and legacy employees.
Fast-pace, demanding as is most retail pharmacy environments
Staff pharmacist (Former Employee), Employed by department Work-at-HomeMay 28, 2015
Pros: Demanding professional standards and pace of work, high pay, work at home.
Cons: I missed personal interactions with co-workers and patients.
The Walgreen's work-at-home program was structured around a Walgreen's-owned secure computer work-station for either 8-hour or 10-hour days with timed and scheduled 30 minute lunch and two 15 minute breaks. Prescription images were data and clinically reviewed for accuracy and appropriateness with personnel held to rigid standards and accelerated pace. The appropriate use of most commonly prescribed retail-setting medications was constantly refreshed and reviewed.

The most challenging part of the job was maintaining an acceptable rate of what Walgreen's termed "average handle time" for script review, a rate that was continuously reduced as the pharmacists got faster. My review times improved annually.

I enjoyed the casual dress, as would be expected from working at home.
Not a great choice for growth
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Norfolk, VAMay 28, 2015
Pros: experience
Cons: low hours, poor management no Job security
This was not a great place to work. The pharmacy manager distributed hours based on friendship and not on work ethic. If you desire climbing the ladder in this company it probably will not happen. Customers were mostly friendly and delightful
Enjoy working and I am very punctual, friendly to co-workers
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Lodi, CAMay 28, 2015
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
Had a nice time working, I showed up to work on time, assisted customers with locating and/or choosing merchandise, stock shelves,assisted with merchandise display, facing merchandise, clean the store
Working at Walgreens
Registered Pharmacist Technician (Former Employee), Orlando, FLMay 28, 2015
Pros: none
Cons: short breaks, micromanaged
Walgreens moral has gone down within the company and there is no job security. Management are not all on the same page. There is no flexibility with in the company.
Unfair
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Texarkana, TXMay 28, 2015
The management wasn't helpful. it was very pick and choose. No one listens to your opinion, or offers to help you. Some staff got special treatment.
you have to love working with the public to work here
Cashier (Former Employee), Gonzales, LAMay 28, 2015
Pros: my job was secured and the workplace was great so was management
Cons: nights and weekends
My typical day here was ok. I helped a lot of customers. Some of them I really got to know personally. I learned a lot here. Smiling is a must even when you are hurting and having a bad day. My coworkers were out of sight we had a great time. We got alone really well management too. The hardest part was that my job was in the evening I couldn't see my kids until late at night they were almost sleep or sleep when I got home. My weekend were tied up a lot. They did offer benefits.
its just a normal job
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee), Darby.paMay 28, 2015
Pros: work hours, close location, pay
Cons: selling candy
working at walgreens was fun always busy. I like talking to the customers and helping, I would of stayed if management was better and more approachable.
A joyful work expirience
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVMay 28, 2015
Pros: Fun loving employees, flexible schedules
Cons: minimal advancement opportunities
You are treated like family here, everyone always has a hand reaching out to help. Any issues are dealt with promptlry. Opportunities to grow although promised are a rare occurrence.
For Walgreens to be such a large business the pay is horrible
Beauty Advisor (Current Employee), Calumet Park, ILMay 28, 2015
Pros: You can work at any Walgreens for extra hours and transferring is pretty simple
Cons: lousy pay, never any holidays off, long work hours
You would think that a company such as Walgreens would pay more than it does, but they start off with minimum wage. They are always busy and have so many rules for you to follow. Greetings, suggestive sales, ECC., etc. I love my coworkers, all of them but management is horrible, except for two of them. The store manager is by far the worst one
Great place for Advancement
Pharmacy Technician Supervisor CpHt (Former Employee), Fresno caMay 28, 2015
This place is a Great place for a 1st job or a career, the people are great the management is always helpful. I learned a lot working there
Great team to work with and great hours
Associate- Hallmark (Former Employee), Silverton, NJMay 28, 2015
Pros: Great co-workers, great pay, teamwork
Cons: distance in traveling with a not so reliable car
I worked the mid-shift 10 am - 6pm. I worked the hallmark aisle setting up displays for different holidays, refreshing stock and making orders to keep the cards available all the time for the customers. I learned a lot in the six years I worked there, such as how to put up difficult displays that didn't always go up so easily. My management team and coworkers were awesome, they always were teaching me different parts of the store so if they needed help in that area, I would be able to help. The hardest part was juggling two stores and the travel due to not having a reliable car. The best part of the job were the people I worked with, they were always in positive moods and always there to help with a task or job I was having trouble with.
Team Player
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Hoffman Estates, ILMay 28, 2015
I worked for Walgreens for 4 years. Started out as a cashier and worked my way to become a pharmacy technician. As a college student, management worked with my schedule on weeknights and weekends.
Decent job
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), Lubbock, TXMay 28, 2015
The job is okay for a student. It is pretty fun getting move around alternating between photo department, stocker, cashier. Though I'm hired as a Pharmacy Technician, I guess they like the way I work when I was training as a cashier.
Great company to work for
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee), Schererville, INMay 28, 2015
Pros: good benefits
Cons: pay is low
Walgreens is all about the customers and making sure every customer is satisfied with their shopping experience. I learned a lot in my teenage years just by being in retail. My management is very friendly and great to work for. My coworkers are all so customer and coworker friendly. They're all hard working as well. The worst thing about my job is working late and the best thing about my job is being able to have the opportunity to make others happy and satisfied.
Nice place to work
Photo Technician (Current Employee), Covina, CAMay 27, 2015
Pros: Generally friend customers.
Cons: Seems like not enough time in the day to complete all tasks.
Walgreens is a place where you know what you are suppose to do. Everyday there is a list of duties you are supposed to complete with the help of management, and co-workers.
A ypical retail job, in a very busy location
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Buffalo, NYMay 27, 2015
Pros: Emloyee Discount
Cons: 24 hours, Busiest location in WNY
Every day I cashed out customers and answered their questions as the "Beauty Adviser". This title also doubled as customer service because I answered and transferred all the calls to the store. I did work at the busiest Walgreens in Western New York, so the store was very busy each and every day. Besides cashing out the customers, I was in charge of restocking and facing all of the products from baby care to shampoo, and makeup to face wash. It wasn't a difficult job, just always on your feet. Management was average when working with availability, but tried to give many hours to the employees. My co workers were very task oriented and friendly. I Enjoyed the employee discount the most.
Review
Customer Service (Current Employee), Edinburg, TXMay 27, 2015
Pros: good discount on store brand items
Cons: short breaks
A normal day at work consists of pushing sales to increase store revenue. On a typical day I always learn something new and knowledgeable. Management is always striving for the best an nothing less. My co-workers are excellent to work with we all have a healthy environment around customers and workplace.
It was a productive workplace with a great coworkers
Shift Lead (Current Employee), Cleveland, MSMay 27, 2015
Pros: good work environment
Cons: short breaks
My days as shift leads always started with checking the clipboard to see what daily tasks needed to be completed, followed by a walk through of the store. One of the most enjoyable parts of the job was my work environment and co-workers. We worked as a team when needed to get tasks completed. I learned how to correct deposits in the computer if there was an error from the previous day. I also learned how to receive money from the bank upon arrival as well as making payments.
walgreens
Pharmacy tech (Current Employee), Lorain, OHMay 27, 2015
Pros: grwoing company
Cons: nothing
they gave me the experience to work in the pharmacy. I learned so much from them, and I'm beyond thankful for that. Walgreens is a growing company and allows co-workers to learn more and move up in the business.

1 2 3 4 5

About Walgreens

At Walgreens, we help people get, stay and live well. That is our core purpose and the difference we make in people's lives every – Read more

Walgreens Salaries