7,387 reviews

Walgreens Employer Reviews

Great Place
Shift Lead (Current Employee), Corpus Christi, TXMarch 29, 2015
I've learned a lot in this place. It's a fun place to work. Everyday is a new experience. You met different type of people.
Always an interesting day
Senior Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOMarch 29, 2015
Pros: Somewhat good benefits
Cons: Don't get a full lunch break-EVER!
The company does not give opportunities many places to advance. Employees are over-worked and under paid. Company does not give full lunch breaks, no matter how long of a day you work.
great place to work
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Cahokia, ILMarch 28, 2015
management is awesome. staff is great. friendly. easy going environment. always room for advancement. great incentives. company pot lucks. tuition reinburstment. whats no to love about a great employer.
I could practice and learn about real experience work and it was an excellent place to do it.
Pharmacy Technician externship (Former Employee), El Monte, CAMarch 27, 2015
I had the opportunity to practice and learn much more about pharmacy technician procedures at the work place, enjoy helping pharmacy staff and consumers. It was a great experience.
reallly enjoyed working with the public
District Trainer / Liquor Manager (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZMarch 27, 2015
Pros: Being around a lot of people every day and able to travel the city.
Cons: Starting at low pay scale .
Started day early checked store condition and made work list for the night crew . Learn inventory control for multiple store's had very good management staff as training in the beginning of my career many of my coworkers were a pleasure to work with . Hardest part of job was not enough hours in the day . Most enjoyable part of the job was making the best possible gross profit with the tools provided.
Good place to work, great hours, less than adequate management.
Beauty Advisor (Current Employee), Sanford, FLMarch 27, 2015
After working with Walgreens for a while now, I feel like I can make a good judgement on this company as whole. It's one of the better paying jobs and they're generous with you and when you can work.. However management is a little all over the place.
Team Shift Lead (Current Employee), Glendale, AZMarch 27, 2015
It is a fast paced work environment which I prefer. Most co-workers are friendly. One of the most enjoyable aspects of this job is providing a customer service experience which creates loyal and regular customers and lasting friendships.
Great work environment and amazing first job
Photo Specialist/ Service Clerk (Current Employee), Springfield, ILMarch 27, 2015
Pros: Flexible for school schedule, Great Benifits, and Great work environment
Cons: Work holidays, No set schedule
A typical day at Walgreens consists of helping customers in finding products that they are searching for and helping customers use the photo kiosks. Next, we are expected to review our work list for that specific day. Tasks often put on the work list include pulling bays and filling empty product on the shelf, pulling outdated merchandise, cleaning, and doing resets and revisions throughout the store. I've learned that working as a team is the best and only way to ensure the store runs most effective. Also, I have learned to multi task in order to be efficient. Management at Walgreens is always changing so I have had the privilege of seeing some very effective management styles to go along with some very poor management styles. Most of my co-workers have been great to work with and are willing to listen and work as a team with me. However, the few challenging co-workers I have dealt with have helped me develop the skills to not panic and to problem solve to figure out what I need to do to fix issues that may arise and not be communicated. The most difficult part of working at Walgreens is having to work holidays and not having a set schedule. The most enjoyable part of working at Walgreens has definitely been getting to work with so many amazing people.
Steady workplace
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Rochester, MNMarch 27, 2015
Very busy, retail/customer service job. There is always something to do, hours are pretty steady. Friendly staff, benefits are offered, including profit sharing and health coverage.
not good at all if you dont good managers
Costumer Service Associate (Current Employee), North Miami BeachMarch 27, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: not hard work appreciation
they were cool people but they want only one person to face and recover the whole store help costumers pick up shopping cars from outside fill out the cooler sweep and map the whole store and leave at 12:30 when the store close at 12 and it will take at least half or an hour to face the whole store

also the truck would come at on Thursday by 11:00 the totes will be out on the isles and the managers wanted you to finish the totes by 2:30 pm
Challenging and fun workplace
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), Saint Peters, MOMarch 27, 2015
Working at the pharmacy was always a chance to learn something new and this field was consistently changing so no one day was exactly the same as another. It made you feel good about yourself when you could help patients live a healthy and happy life.
Walgreens.
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), Concord, CAMarch 27, 2015
I love my company! we are a team . we are a very busy company yet still manage to all get along and make customers feel comfortable and happy!
Nice Place to work
Walgreens Pharmacy (Current Employee), Memphis, TNMarch 26, 2015
nice place to work while in school or just starting out on your own you learn new things everyday and be informed about new meds
Dollar Tree
Shift Leader Manager (Current Employee), Sacramento, CAMarch 26, 2015
Cons: doesn't pay well
receive truck and vendors
always busy
more organized than 99 cents stores
run operations of store
overall decent company
A Great Place to Work
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee), Placentia, CAMarch 26, 2015
A typical work day consists of doing multiple tasks. You will provide customer service as well as perform some stockroom duties. All customer service associates are required to be cross-trained in at least one other department.
Pharmacy Intern (Current Employee), Apex, NCMarch 26, 2015
Working at Walgreens provides me, as a student, a flexible work schedule and healthy and educational work environment.
Good workplace for someone going through college
Photo Technician / Floor Personnel (Former Employee), Plantation, FLMarch 26, 2015
The Experience at Walgreen to me was a lot of customer service. In a regular day I would interact with close to 100 customers a day. The job involved stocking shelves, making sure customer photos were done, and any other job the manager had for me.
Great customer service
Pharmacy tech (Current Employee), 4110 gen degualle dr new olreans la 70131March 26, 2015
Pros: smilling customers
Cons: short breaks, sometimes no breaks
It took me a while to love my job because it was so fast paced but its been three years and im well trained and prepared for any rush. working in the pharmacy we are hands on the patients and making sure their taking the medicine right, an so forth. I love my co-workers we are truly team players. The hardest part of the job is on weekend its usually one tech and one pharmacist and we are a very busy store, making sure each customer get great customer service get frustrating but we have learned to deal with the pressure. The customer come first is what I have been taught since day one.
wag
Sr. CPhT (Former Employee), Lake Charles, LAMarch 26, 2015
Learned a lot from working in such terrible conditions, however it made me not enjoy my job as a pharmacy tech. Would never want to work for this company again.
good place
Cashier (Former Employee), Pflugerville, TXMarch 26, 2015
This was my first job out of high school. It was a boring place to work, but they had a very flexible schedule. Great job to start out with, andtheres room for advancment.

1 2 3 4 5

About Walgreens

At Walgreens, we help people get, stay and live well. That is our core purpose and the difference we make in people's lives every – Read more

Walgreens Salaries