Walgreens
6,879 reviews

Walgreens Employer Reviews

worst company to work for
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), melbourneJanuary 21, 2015
Do not start working for this company if you would like to move up in a company. It wont happen!
Fun, Busy,
SIMS/ Department Supervisor (Former Employee), Anaheim, CAJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: set schedule, good management, different departments to work in, including pharmacy and u can also get certified as a technician
I supervised the cosmetic department for a couple years, we got free classes and a lot of free makeup and goodies, also extra money for items that were sold on our register. I ran all departments including photo department, front checkout, pharmacy, and also SIMS coordinator which was reporting of inventory of the store. It was different everyday and co-workers were like family, competing to have the best store and the highest customer service ratings.
Excellent training program. Very professional environment
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: professional environment. supportive management
Cons: truck day
It was a very high paced job. A great deal of multi-tasking.I a lot of physical labor. The management team was excellent to work with. Upbeat and professional.It was my only retail experience. I had great mentors. Very supportive and willing to share their experience with me.
Productive and fun workplace
Service Clerk (Former Employee), West Plains, MOJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: compensation
Cons: occasional rude customers
Typical day at Walgreens consisted of a group meeting to start the day and tasks were assigned on clip boards and handed out to each department. Management was friendly and helpful. Coworkers worked together as a team. Hardest part was truck day; catching the boxes. I loved my working environment.
Only cares about sales
Hourly Associate (Former Employee), Peyton, COJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: absolutely nothing
Cons: everything
Work was very long and half the time I had to beg one of my co-workers to cover my lunch. We were supposed to get two fifteen minute breaks during our shift and out of my nine months of working there, I maybe received two fifteen minute breaks. If the day was busy, forget about a lunch break. There were many days where I had to stand from 8am until 4pm behind the register (no sitting allowed) with no breaks or lunch. There was only one manager that would check on me throughout the day and made sure I received my breaks and if I was doing okay. If I was closing with that manager, he would spend his time out in the lobby with us to make sure nobody came in and that we were protected. If I was closing with any other manager we wouldn't see them until it was time to lock the doors. The hardest part was putting up with long hours with no raise after the long period of time I was there. I even got promoted and still no pay raise. The most enjoyable part was working with the one manager that understood us.
Stressful job environment
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), Morristown, TNJanuary 21, 2015
Poor job environment with cliques. Enjoyable work with customers though.
a good starting point
Manager Assistant (Current Employee), MIJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: healthcare, dental, vison, good pay, never board
Cons: no matter what store you go to, there is always one person that complains to much, and one person that is absolutly useless. sometimes they are the same person. they wont get fired, for some unknown reason.
Its rather hard to get into management right from the start. be prepared to work hard for at least 6 months before even a chance at a management position. but be on your toes to help customers and not be the most useless employee in the store and you will be fine. other then that the turnover is pretty steady and the pay is higher then minimum wage at the time you start so its not a bad place to get your foot in the door. I've been with the company for 9 years now and its constantly changing, if you are good with change you will be fine, if its kinda hard to handle then you may be frustrated now and then. just stick it out and remember tomorrow is another day at the wall.
amazing coworkers. And a great place to learn.
Pharmacy Tech (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJanuary 21, 2015
I love working there every bit. I was humbled to have learned so much from very professional people. They had the most amazing employees that got along very well to get the workflow going easily.
It is ok
Photo Technician/ Beauty Advisor (Current Employee), Fayetteville, ARJanuary 20, 2015
fast pace job
management seems like they dont know what they are doing. they expect a lot more of you than you can give
co-worker are great
nothing is really hard
Fun place to work with the ability to advance.
Assistant Manager/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Newington, CTJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: friendly atmosphere, advancement
Cons: pay
There was a very friendly atmosphere at the store I worked at, lots of really great people in management. The people that you work for really care about you and will do anything to keep their employees happy.
Cashier / Photo Specialist (Current Employee), Houston, TXJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: friendly environment
Cons: short breaks, music that plays in store
A typical day at work is slow from the start, but picks up later on to assist customers with questions and orders.

What I learned is how to work and manage a photo department and improved in Spanish translation.

Management are very friendly, funny, but keep you busy.

Coworkers are just as friendly as I am which is great to keep the area positive.

Hardest part of the job is with my lack of Spanish, communicating with customers was minor bump that was fixed with the help of coworkers to translate.

Most enjoyable part is I have become a much more positive and talkative person than I thought I would be.
Great Staff and Store
Cashier (Former Employee), Guntersville, ALJanuary 20, 2015
It was close to home. The drive down the mountain and across the lake to Walgreens was always nice. The staff is very friendly and the management was always willing to work with my schedule. Very professional attitudes are displayed here.
its a good place to work
Senior Beauty Advisor (Current Employee), Little Falls, NJJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: time goes by fast, get along with customers, meeting people
Cons: short breaks, sometimes overnights for resets or setting up for holidays, working holidays and weekends
it's a good place to work if you enjoy interacting with customers. It's not very stressful only around the holidays. The people there are nice. Everybody gets along.
Much better companies out there
Corporate - Finance (Current Employee), Deerfield, ILJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: nice people
Cons: difficult to move around/up, cheap company
The culture has changed quite a bit over the last few years. Restructurings and lay offs are very common and have become normal now. The compensation and benefits are not great, but that is also across many retail companies. The company is pretty cheap overall with their employees. On the accounting and finance side, it's very difficult to move around or up unless you know the right people. Management will talk a lot about employee development, but there is virtually no training, career development, or succession planning unless they consider you a star. From an infrastructure and systems standpoint, the company is archaic. There was so much focus on expanding the stores in years past so the company fell behind on technology. Overall the company is ok to work for, but a lot depends on your department. There are many other companies in the Chicago area that are much better at employee engagement.
Productive and diligent warehouse workers...
MPB Clerk (Former Employee), Houston, TexasJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: the people i worked with daily
Cons: short breaks, difficult management
A typical day at wok would be me preparing the truck driver route manifest pouches, releasing store trailers, billing stores, scheduling pick-ups and deliveries. Assisting dispatch manager in clerical and receptionist duties. Ensuring delayed product was delivered on correct date and out of distribution center on time. Scanning Fed-Ex packages. My direct supervisor was very relatable and responsive to questions I had about my daily work task. My co-workers were diligent, friendly, knowledgeable, and helpful. The hardest part of the job was working in weather extreme conditions ( no air conditioning in warehouse in Houston summer). The most enjoyable part of the job was the constant change and daily challenges in my role as a billing agent/warehouse worker.
Retail
MGT/EXA/ASM (Current Employee), Nashville, TNJanuary 20, 2015
If you have a family you like to spend time with, holidays you enjoy, like getting a normal amount of sleep, then stay away.
Hectic and stressful
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Springfield, MOJanuary 20, 2015
The most difficult part of being a tech here was that there were quite a few younger technicians who spent much of their time (on the clock) doing school work instead of their pharmacy responsibilities and the pharmacists were too busy to realize what was going on.
The most rewarding aspect was having the opportunity to become a Certified Pharmacy Technician.
Excellent Company to work for
Cashier (Former Employee), Tucson, AZJanuary 19, 2015
I really lucked out and had great co-workers and managers. The shifts were about 8 hours and the managers were great at working with my availability. The tasks were fairly simple and the general goal was to clean the store clean, tidy and presentable to the customers.
Great opportunity for advancement
Shift Lead (Current Employee), Haledon, NJJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: healthcare, moved up quickly within company
Cons: no weekends, not alot of personal time
Nice place to work for a young student. I moved up quickly in the company, but the workload does not match the compensation, for any employee. Very demanding job daily from the customers, store condition, maintaining employees, to management. The most enjoyable was finding friendships in coworkers, it was easy for everyone to get along because its always a team effort to complete the day. I love managing people and running a store, just would appreciate more recognition for it.
Target
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 19, 2015
Cashier, Target, Oklahoma City, OK
November 2005-April 2006
• Facilitate high level of customer service
• Aid customers with purchasing transactions
• Routine use of company computer systems
• Volunteered & selected for special projects within store

About Walgreens

At Walgreens, we help people get, stay and live well. That is our core purpose and the difference we make in people's lives every – Read more