Walgreens Employee Reviews in United States

Found 12,642 reviews matching the search
Bi-Lingual Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Miami Lakes, FLJanuary 12, 2016
Provided assistance to customers calling to place orders or to confirm and track their orders. I also responded to customer inquiries on products sold in our website. I learned how to work in a call center operation and how to function in that environment. I believe that the call center management tried their best to keep the agents happy, and motivated. My co-workers were all team players and I enjoyed working with them. The hardest part of the job was the very slow operating system,and due to this, frequently,it would affect the call time goal as set by management,
Pros
Excellent medical benefits
Cons
Long commute to call center from home.
normal drugstore/ convenient store
Customer service associate all shifts (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCFebruary 15, 2016
The typical day would be ringing up customers and to put up freight. I have learned about retail experiences. Management was okay could have cared a little more about the employees. My co- workers all for self. The hardest part of the job was getting a raise. The most enjoyable part was meeting new customers and different people.
Pros
customers
Cons
short brakes, low wage pay for too much work
Fun place to work with great staff (locations vary greatly)
Photo Specialist (Former Employee) –  Wellington, FLApril 5, 2016
My time at Walgreens in my hometown was very rewarding. I was given great raises every few months when I earned it with my effort and my co-workers were very understanding with my life in that I could take off when I wanted and could work certain hours certain weeks, being a full time student this was much appreciated. I loved my manager, he helped me learn and grow in the store and was sad when I moved away. When I worked for a different Walgreens near my University things could not have been different. I quit walgreens in a month when I found another job. That manager did not handle his employees the same as my hometown store did. He had mostly students working so scheduling us all was a mess and he was not as flexible with everyone's hours, he depended on the part timers to come in and hold the fort but then didn't try to allow time off for testing weeks. Also this Walgreens was dirtier and the employees were lazier, it reflected on how the management handled the store in my opinion. Working for big companies like this is probably all the same, it depends on the area/management crew. Walgreens has good benefits even for part time employees and has 401K and stock options.
Pros
Great staff, good with scheduling, offers some benefits even to part timers.
Cons
Mostly standing, busy times of the year you may have to work over schedule.
Lack of concern for workers
Grocery Specialist (Department Head) (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 17, 2016
Workers are typically expected to work longer than their shift without over time. Managers typically give more tasks than feasible in the time-frame allotted and advancement is based more on relationships than work ethic. The benefits are less than desirable as well. The most enjoyable part of the job is satisfying the customers and being able to help out other members of the team.
Cons
benefits, work hours, managment
great place to grow professional
Store Manager in Training (Former Employee) –  West Chester, PAApril 1, 2016
Great place to grow professionally, open door policy, fair treatment to everyone, equal fair employer.
The hardest part of the job was to work every single holiday, during state of emergency weather, have to cover other people's shift in short notice.
Pros
great health benefits and discounts. Great pay
Cons
having the money but not the time to spend with family made me reevaluate mi life choices.
Good Benefits, and great people to work with
Reset/Revision Clerk (Current Employee) –  Spokane, WAJanuary 18, 2016
I have been at this job for 5 years. I started off doing resets and revisions around the store, but got moved to the photo department within a year cause the original job dissolved out. On a current day I am stocking my shelves, taking care of the liquor bay assigned to me, answering photo questions as well as providing customer service within my department, as well as around the store. I am also used to being the head cashier, working in receiving, and in our beauty department.
Pros
Discounts. Nice Employees. Great Benefits
Frustrating workplace
Customer Service/Photo lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Salem, ORJanuary 29, 2016
A typical day consisted of developing photos, cashiering, and stocking shelves. Other than learning how to use the photo developing machine I didn't learn anything of great value. The managers were nice, but often showed favoritism to their coworker friends such as discounts, better hours, etc. Some of my co-workers slacked off or called in on a regular basis leaving the rest of us with heavier work loads. The job overall was easy and took very little brain power. There was not much I enjoyed other than interacting with the customers.
Pros
easy, little effort required
Cons
low wages, little benefits
High Paced & Great for learning and training
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Pearland, TXJanuary 8, 2016
Throughout a typical day, you learn how to manage a variety of clients and job task, so the expression of working a typical day is never applicable. This makes the job enjoyable along with the different backgrounds of upper management. The hardest part of the job is handling multiple clients and enduring the lag-time of insurance inquires. Having co-workers that have a can-do and will-do attitude helps tremendously and helps me to be patient and continue to go the extra mile for our clients.
Pros
Flexible Schedules
Cons
Short lunch break, lack of benefits for part time workers
Productive public health service and convenient, useful, retail products.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLFebruary 16, 2016
Walgreen's was my family not just my job. I enjoyed working overnight's and moving periodically from store to store. Employees and Pharmacy staff always happy and helpful. Well compensated for work preformed and efficient benefits.
Pros
Well compensated for work preformed and efficient benefits.
Cons
In Management if your hurt on the job, consider your job over and have to fight for compensation.
Fun workplace but job security problematic
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Grand Bay, ALApril 2, 2016
Walgreens was an enjoyable place. Everyone helped everyone and was friendly. However job security was an issue. Advancement was never an option and the compensation was not great health insurance did not cover much and you had to work forever to get an vacation time built up.
Great job culture
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Malden, MOMarch 10, 2016
Close knit group. Very welcoming as long as you are a good worker.
Everyone was helpful and friendly. The hardest part about the job is dealing with the public when their medications or insurance is not in order. The most enjoyable part was working with the staff there.
Pros
Great job culture. Possible health benefits and savings plans if full time.
Cons
Short lunch breaks. Need to update training module
Not for everyone
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  MichiganMarch 1, 2016
A leadership position requires 100% dedication and willingness to learn. Salaried positions are demanding both mentally and physically. It can be very rewarding knowing the positive differences that you make, but to be perfectly honest it's a pretty thankless job.
Pros
401K and company match, employee discount, high wages
Cons
Working holidays, little praise or acknowledgement
Good Learning Experience
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Hot Springs, ARJanuary 13, 2016
This is a fast paced work environment where it is important to know how to multi-task. It can get highly stressful, so you must be able to work well under pressure. I was taught a lot of numerous things while I have worked there, and continue to learn new things. My co-workers have been the most enjoyable thing about this job, as we are around one another quite frequently, that has been important to me. The worst thing about this job was not being scheduled full time hours when I was hired as a full time employee, therefore making me lose my healthcare benefits because of this.
Pros
a great place to learn good skill sets
Cons
some of the customers can get really mean
good direct management
Shift Supervisor/Head Photo Technician (Former Employee) –  Staten Island, NYMarch 11, 2016
although the company is going through changes with hr the direct staff and management i dealt with were awesome. raises are pretty horrible but if you are looking for a place to advance this is a good company for that
Pros
promote within, lenient staff
Cons
bad medical
Excellent Company
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCJanuary 27, 2016
At the time I worked for this company I learned so much and it really helped me come out of my shell and develop my own personality to better serve my customers. The company is a great company to work for. However, the management they put in place towards the end of my time there was very unprofessional and honestly abusive in ways. Other than that I learned so much from this company and would go back in a heart beat.
Pros
Health benefits
Cons
management
Not for me
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Chesterfield, MIDecember 8, 2015
Easiest job I have ever had. I get minimum wage and it is for a good reason: I have nothing to do most of the time. Being a cashier is easy and I don't do much else on a shift besides ring up customers and make the front end look neat. I spend most of my time standing around being bored and waiting for customers to come to the register. It is the job for you if you don't like fast paced environments. My co-workers were the most enjoyable part of the job and getting 15 minute breaks and 30 minute lunches was nice too. The least enjoyable part of the job was all the rules and management breathing down our necks because it was such a small store.
Pros
co-workers
Cons
no benefits unless full-time, no paid holiday until you're there for a year
Management at Walgreens
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYNovember 25, 2015
Ultimately at Walgreens, my main responsibility was customer satisfaction. Making sure that all our retail associates were putting the customer first. I would maintain a day-to-day operations such as receiving inbound products and relaying duties to my employees. Behind the scenes, I would identify current and future customer requirements by establishing rapport with potential and actual customers and other persons in a position to understand service requirements. I would ensure availability of merchandise and services by approving contracts; maintaining inventories. In my down time I would formulate pricing policies by reviewing merchandising activities; determining additional needed sales promotion; authorizing clearance sales; studying trends.
Pros
Healthcare, Stock options, 401k
no one does this business better
senior beauty advisor (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLMarch 17, 2016
if you want to shop at a drug store who does things well...this is the one for you! always ontop of prices and resets and carry most items your looking for. Most managers stay ontop of employees to do their best and also most employees get along...if there is any rift it is resolved with a manger to regain the smooth running of the store
Pros
benefits and pay rate
Cons
work holidays
Work place environment
Photo Specialist (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn Park, MNJanuary 15, 2016
Once at work,
If not on the register ringing customers up, then either at the photo lab processing pictures for customers. Stocking when products are low on shelves. Sometimes even going to the pharmacy and helping them fill prescriptions.
I got to work in most of the departments while working with Walgreen s and I was able to get the feel of how things work in those departments.
Management was steady, but could use some improvements as well. Some of the management people didn't seem to care about their employees at times. I understand that not everyone's needs will be brought up and tend to, but at lease we had to chance to bring it up.
My co-workers are always a doll to work with. I get along with just about anyone. Great people to work with, but environment wasn't that greatest.
Customers we're rude when we couldn't meet their needs, but we would always try and do our best so that they would walk out and be happy as ever.
Co-workers can always brighten my day at work when I'm having a rough day with customers or just not having a great day at work. Always understanding and always there to listen to me when needed.
Pros
Great co-workers, 401k
Cons
Healthcare, pay, hours
Flexible scheduling, great for students
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Kansas and ArizonaMarch 16, 2016
Worked for Walgreens during Highschool and College. Its great for those who want to work nights, weekends, holidays, part time or certain days per week.
Pros
Flexible schedules
Cons
work-life balance, must work holidays, benefits are minimal