Walgreens
7,142 reviews

Walgreens Employer Reviews

Productive place to work with great continuing education resources
community pharmacist (Current Employee), new orleans, laFebruary 22, 2015
Sometimes there is shortage of workers and hours are always being cut. Co- workers are nice. The hardest part is trying to juggle all of your duties with little help. Even though you express this concern to management, nothing is resolved in the matter. Instead, more duties are added to the worlkload.
fun place to work
Manager Trainee (Current Employee), Spokane, WAFebruary 22, 2015
Pros: great sports enviroment
worked here as a manager it was a good company. loved shoes and being able to help people find the items they need was great
good company
Beauty Adviser & Pharmaceutical Technician (Former Employee), Chandler, AZFebruary 22, 2015
Pros: fast advancements
Cons: low income
worked with them for a 6 months, got promoted sooner then expected due to my hard work. only thing that sucks is the pay. i don't know how they live with such low income. ended up quitting.
Always evolving, keeps best interest of employees in mind.
Manager (Current Employee), North CarolinaFebruary 22, 2015
Walgreens has gone through a lot of changes this past year, but their employees remain their largest priority. You feel as if you matter, and that is reason enough to go to work every day.
Typical Retail workday
Bookkeeper/Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLFebruary 22, 2015
Pros: 15% employee discount
Cons: cut full time hours, company going thru extreme changes
Fast paced workday. Keeping each person happy and making sure they are satisfied with exceptional customer service. I have learned that I can't please everyone.
review summary
Cashier/Beauty Advisor (Former Employee), Seneca, SCFebruary 22, 2015
I have worked with walgreens for some time and they are a good company to work for. The only thing i didnt like was the fact that my location never closed
My Expirence
student assistant (Former Employee), Vista, CAFebruary 22, 2015
I enjoy working at Walgreens for temporary time because it was part of school program (workability). I learn experience on this job ,so when I want to find a new job it will not be that difficult even do they still have to training you. The hard part of it is that sometimes when you will be in the freezer stocking items it will be cold. With all my co-workers I got along and with manager and assistant. They really glad to have me there working. I learn how to updates the items, stocking, fixing the mess and clean the store also bring the cars from the outside to the inside.
Time Management is Key
Night Stocker/Cashier (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NevadaFebruary 22, 2015
Being the only associate on the floor at night: stocking, cashiering, replenishing, made me learn a better usage of time management.
Horrible! If you are a fan of being harassed and not paid for your work, you'll love it!
Pharmacist I Infusion Pharmacist (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXFebruary 22, 2015
Pros: ???
Cons: no ot pay although you will never get out on time, no compensation for helping others or being harassed on the weekends, i need a novel....
This is the worst job I have ever had. If you value your personal time and have any sort of life, DO NOT APPLY! It is a nightmare being a pharmacist here. Management is horrible and arrogant, will call you at all hours although you are not on call, no compensation for any overtime or being bothered by manager unless you are having to cover another facility that has been raided by the FDA. They will tell you they will give you "comp time", yet in almost three months, I only got out on time once and never received "comp time". Also, you are written off for calling in sick? Really? Most normal people don't know if they are going to be sick on a certain day. Office manager is a very butch woman and if you do not meet her "demands", you are a subject of racial slurs and physically threatened. In addition, pharmacy manager is an arrogant, horrible, little-man suffering, person who feels he can eavesdrop on all of your conversations, treat you like your an idiot, force you to do other peoples work, etc...You will do so many hours of overtime and WILL NOT BE COMPENSATED.
world class organization
stocker (Current Employee), Jupiter FlFebruary 22, 2015
this job could be stressful at time but walgreens is a great company to work for, your job make you feel important, its like you are the last line of difence
Good starting job.
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), Salem, MAFebruary 21, 2015
It was a good first job for me. I enjoyed the flexibility and the co-workers I encountered. The hardest part about the job was having to pull extraneous hours of work.
A forward moving company
Shift Leader/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Douglasville, GAFebruary 21, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: micro management was very time comsuming, non productive
I was able to learn many skills. I was given the opportunity to learn and advance. The most enjoyable part of my job was trifold. I looked forward to going to work everyday, I enjoyed making a difference in peoples lives, and I enjoyed learning everything I could. The hardest part of my job was leaving. I liked my coworkers except for the lazy ones.
Great benefits for full and part timers
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Wilmington, NCFebruary 21, 2015
Their "assembly line-like" system is very effective and accurate. They are more advanced with technology and efficiency than other major retail pharmacy corporations and their benefits for techs and pharmacists are unbeatable for retail pharmacy.
Fast pace retail environment.
Shift Floor Leader (Current Employee), Goodyear, AZFebruary 20, 2015
I enjoy working with and helping the customers that come into the store. I have learned a lot about running a store on a day to day level in every aspect. The hardest part of the job is not getting the pay for the amount of responsibility I handle daily. I have met some really awesome people through my years working with the company.
Slow paced
Service Clerk (Former Employee), Chilton, WIFebruary 20, 2015
Pros: nothing
Cons: slow paced and rude co-workers and management
The work load is too slow. Managers can give me a list of things to do such as light cleaning, facing, checking out dates, and doing resets, and I will have that all done a couple hours before my shift ends. Some of my co-workers never made me feel like I was not accepted by them and I felt like an outcast. The hardest part of my job was to keep myself busy.
Great wonderful place to work
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Jamaica, NYFebruary 20, 2015
Wonderful pharmacy staff. Great communication skills. Awesome management. Perfect customer service and skills. Busy pharmacy. Do 1000 prescriptions a day.
First time
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Apache Junction, AZFebruary 20, 2015
Good for my first time in pharmacy. Learned almost everything I know about pharmacy from here. Loved that I was able to have a flexable schedule
learning new things
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Delmar, DEFebruary 20, 2015
Pros: friendly co-workers, customers i knew
Cons: benefits, pay, short breaks
Co-workers and management was polite and friendly, easy to work for. I learned a lot working for this company and was given an amazing oppurtunity to work there.
Always busy but the people I worked with made it worth it
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLFebruary 19, 2015
Working there taught me how to multi tasik to the extreme. The location of the pharmacy made it so that every second of the day was utter chaos there. No matter how crazy it got though, my coworkers and I worked so well together that we couldn't tell how busy we actually were.
Not the best job ive ever had. disappointed.
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Franklin, TNFebruary 19, 2015
Pros: personable people
Cons: most all of it
not paid enough for the job you do. very very stressful working conditions that required me to take a medical leave for my third trimester in pregnancy because of the stress it caused.

About Walgreens

At Walgreens, we help people get, stay and live well. That is our core purpose and the difference we make in people's lives every – Read more