Walgreens
5,998 reviews

Walgreens Employer Reviews

A great work environment and always a pleasant work day
Cashier/Photo Lab Specialist (Former Employee), Port Huron, MISeptember 11, 2014
I never had any problems with management and managers are always willing to help and answer your questions.
okay
Cosmetician/Pharmacy Trainee (Current Employee), white settlementSeptember 11, 2014
pharmacy is a mess.
co-workers for the most part where alright
customer service cashier and cosmetic specialist
Cosmetic Consultant and Cashier (Former Employee), p.g and sandySeptember 10, 2014
cashier and sales helped customers gave advice checked them out happy friendly I had 100 % customer service from secret shoppers and walgreens
On the line with this one
Pharm Tech (Former Employee), Gaffney, SCSeptember 10, 2014
I believe Walgreens in general is a geat place to work...Each store has a personality...Find the one thats right for you...And you will love it
Intership
Pharmacy Technician (Internship) (Former Employee), PRSeptember 10, 2014
I made my intership of Pharmacy Technician. The intership consist only of 1000 hours.
Great working and low stress environment
Pharmacy Technician Extern (Former Employee), Pensacola, FlSeptember 10, 2014
I filled prescriptions, partial filled, out-of-stock, and stocked drugs. They took time to teach me the basics of filling prescriptions and the register. Management helped me when I was overwhelmed and showed interest in their patient's well being.
Knowledgeable workplace and environment
PHARMACY TECHNICIAN (Current Employee), brown deer, wisconsinSeptember 9, 2014
A typical day at Walgreens consists of typing written prescriptions from doctors. We count and measure medications, and sell verified prescriptions to customers. I also resolve insurance issues for customers, order medications for inventory, and help to keep the pharmacy organized and clean. My co-workers and management are very friendly and supportive. – more... The hardest part of the job is trying to make sure every customer leave our store satisfied with our services. The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing that I'm helping others by doing what I can to make sure they receive their much needed medications. – less
Great
BEAUTY ADVISOR (Current Employee), Cary, NCSeptember 9, 2014
Walgreens is an amazing company. I have learned to communicate and work well with others.
Great place to work.
Service Clerk (Former Employee), Titusville, FLSeptember 9, 2014
Walgreens is a great company to work for. They really work around your schedule.
WHAT I WROTE DOWN IS WHAT IT IS
Pharmacist (Current Employee), San Juan, PRSeptember 9, 2014
Cons: i follow requirements with reservations
EVERYTHING I WROTE IN MY PREVIOUS QUESTIONAIRE GOES THE SAME HERE;I HAVE BEEN A PHARMACIST ALL MY LIFE;I LOVE PEOPLE;I LOVE WHAT I DO;I LOVE TO FACE WHAT- EVER COMES UP WITH THE BEST ATTITUDE AND GOOD INTENSION ALWAYS
very busy, always something to do
Cashier/floor salesman (Former Employee), Chicago, ILSeptember 9, 2014
Pros: discounts, meet new people
Cons: low pay
you're responsible for customer service including purchase transactions, balancing the register at the end of the shift, selling and offering the Walgreens rewards card, facing and restocking merchandise.
Walgreens has alot going for it, they need to recognize their employee's and pay a more competative salary.
Beauty Advisor, Cosmetics (Former Employee), Bernalillo, NMSeptember 9, 2014
Pros: 5 minutes from home, great co-workers
Cons: salary
I loved working at walgreens, setting up product displays, interaction with customers. Customers would come in and ask for me to help them, they knew I would find what they needed even if it was not the product they came in for. I was not management but mean customers thought I was and would tell me I should be. The hardest part of the job was making – more... a living . I am single and making $8.67 per hour and only working 32-36 hours a week, I could barely make it. Then the cut hours on everyone, I explained I could not live on less hours. Two of my friends even donated some of there hours to me occasionally. It is a hard world and I am a hard worker, but we all need to make a living. – less
Ok place to work
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Richfield, MNSeptember 9, 2014
Nothing really stood out. Hard dealing with angry customers however it a great place to learn customer service skills. Also learning about retail and communication.
great enviornment great people
Cashier/Service Clerk (Former Employee), Washington, DCSeptember 9, 2014
Pros: opportunity to move up from within the company
Cons: no set schedule
a typical day at work consist of opening and closing the market, sanitizing due to policies and guidelines, stocking, helping customers, working the cash register, and having small talk with customers to give them the best service possible.
Retail
Cashier (Former Employee), Pensacola, FLSeptember 8, 2014
I would assist customers with questions about products and also cash them out at the register. I would do checks, credit cards, and cash. This was my first job and the hardest part was learning to count money but, it just took some practice.I really enjoyed meeting new people every day.
Typically a good place to start your work experience in retail.
Photo Tech/ Beauty Advisor (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVSeptember 8, 2014
Pros: paid time off, promotional money, good benefits, employee discount
Cons: 24 hour store
For the most part, I really enjoyed working at Walgreens. It was a great place to work for when the company wasn't so greedy (about 3 years a go). But after working there for 7 years, I don't feel that I was getting noticed enough for my hard effort.
I enjoy the interaction with the people
Photo Department Manager (Current Employee), Allendale MISeptember 8, 2014
Pros: i am very knowledgeable in many areas
Cons: rate of pay
Responsible for the management of the Photo Center; Maintaining the film and paper processors; Order expense items like chemistry, paper, envelopes, labels and so forth in order to operate the photo lab; Minor repairs to the processors;
Training of all new staff; Inventory management; Customer service; Building and maintaining customer accounts as well – more... as seeking new business accounts. – less
Wonderful learning experience!
My supervisor was Jessica (Former Employee), Glen Ellyn, ILSeptember 8, 2014
Pros: learning so much about everything that has to do with running a department in a store, and all the happy women i met!
Cons: keeping everything in order and making sure everything was done, it was a little hectic sometimes, but i always felt very accomplished and busy!
I learned mostly everything of what I know about running a department of a store from this job! Management was great, very busy store. My co-workers were friendly and very easy to work with. The hardest part of my job I would say was the multi-tasking and making sure I stayed on top of absolutely everything going on during my shift in my department. – more... The most enjoyable part of my job was absolutely everything I did, but especially the women customers that came in and asked my advice on our products, sales, and Favorited merchandise. – less
Fast pacing and busy Pharmacy
Pharmacy Technician Internship (Former Employee), Van Nuys, CASeptember 8, 2014
Pros: awesome co-workers and pharmacy manager
Cons: short break
I loved my Internship with Walgreens Pharmacy. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to fill the duties that was given to me for the day, in result it made me feel very accomplished. My co-workers were very helpful and was able to answer questions and help me gain more knowledge about the pharmacy.
Not Recommended
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), milwaukee,wiSeptember 8, 2014
The terms of my severance agreement do not permit any comments about this employer.

About Walgreens

At Walgreens, we help people get, stay and live well. That is our core purpose and the difference we make in people's lives every – Read more