Walgreens Employee Reviews

Found 17,268 reviews matching the search
daily task at work
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Dallas, NCJuly 25, 2017
While working at walgreens we practice workflow. We have many responsibilites while handling medications.I have a great group of people i work with and enjoy my job. I am looking for something that interest me.
fine
Photo Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Naples, FLJuly 25, 2017
everyone here was always friendly, helping each other out. it was a juggle with the shifts but we always figured it out. I enjoyed it here but things could always be better
Pharmacy Managers tend to play favorites among team employees
District Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  Halfmoon, NYJuly 25, 2017
disappointing that adult RPh Managers are really good walgreens leaders but are generally just lousy people
Pharmacy Managers tend to worry to much on store metrics and not people in general
Pros
healthcare
Cons
immaturity among adult staffing
Quite and fun
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Boynton Beach, FLJuly 25, 2017
It is a perfect high school job for students looking to make some extra cash on their free time and looking for a career job to start their future with
meet lots of interesting people made lots of friends
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLJuly 25, 2017
A typical day at work was normally fun and busy. I learned to manage a small group of employees. Management was pretty good. We had a good work environment. Everyone normally worked as a team. There really was not a hard part of this job. I loved my customers and made friends with lots of them. I had a good relationship with all my employees also.
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Sewell, NJJuly 24, 2017
Was a good place to work just ready to expand my horizons with a new company that offers better training and more productive people and employees to work with.
Fun Place to work,learnt a lot.
Pharmacy Technician (Trainee) (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 24, 2017
Learnt about Medication and the way it Interact with the bodySafety was the number one concern wit Walgreens.There was easy access to Management which is a plusCompared to other Companies
Pros
Reputation
Cons
Short Breaks
No Job Advancement, no stability, no work/life balance, no employee recognition
Insurance Verifier (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 24, 2017
I work at the Walgreens Specialty Retail Supoort Center and I do not recommend anyone to work here for longer than 1-2 yrs. If you have a professional background do not count on advancement because once you become an IV there is no where else to go. work/life balance, vacations are denied for when you need them and special execptions have to be consulted within management. Mandoatory OT is forced in your schedule and recognition is with cards and pins. Grp Sups do not supervise anything and do not go above and beyond for you. Metrics do not work and still get repremanded for stupidities. There is is no consistency and everything is minimizing. Stores are better but the pay is way lower.
Nice Customers
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Anderson, SCJuly 24, 2017
Good place to work for a first job or so. Not a place to stay for years because you get no promotion or a raise. The customers are nice, and the management is ok.
Cons
Short breaks.
overall not a bad company
SIMS COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 24, 2017
I liked working at Walgreens. It is busy most days so employees have to be able to stand for long periods of times. They are open 365 days a year so be prepared to work some holidays.
it's a great place
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNJuly 24, 2017
I really enjoy my job and my co workers, it's a great place to work. There are times where it's stressful, but it gets better and the people you work with will help you through it all. It isn't boring or hard.
productive
Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Windsor Locks, CTJuly 24, 2017
great people it was a blast to work, great com0pany, needed more pay though , you needed some work shoes , I learned how to work with others and do unloading
The work out weighs the pay
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLJuly 24, 2017
The work is very hard in my opinion..not for the pay. Retail pharmacy is way harder than the hospital. If they pay a little more and hire more staff it would be much better.
Great place w/ some cool people
Patient Care Specialist (Current Employee) –  Frisco, TXJuly 24, 2017
It's a great place to work, just their point system and accommodations to people that makes a far commute, is really not fair. Then you do all this work and they treat you like its military bases.
Pros
They have fun things to do throughtout the week
Cons
The point system and the military style they are running like people are kids
working at Walgreens
Service Clerk/Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MAJuly 24, 2017
A Day a Walgreens is is full of surprises. One day you deal with alot of customers and other days you may not. Comusters will come in sometimes in the best mood and other times is the worst. You as an employee have to mantain your composure and try to make the customer happy as much possible as you can. CUSTOMERS ARE ALWAYS RIGHT, no matter what a satisfied customer is happy customer.
Productive, fun, active, organized
CSA - Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Rock Island, ILJuly 23, 2017
Awesome.job to work for I loved it very fast paced which I enjoyed, also great learning experience in many aspects of work, I enjoy yes working with many different people
Not a very positive place to work
Service Clerk (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVJuly 23, 2017
The management wasn't very nice. They were really rude, and so were a lot of the employees. There were a lot of things to learn, and they weren't very patient if you didn't understand.
Photo Specialist is a fun job
Photo Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZJuly 23, 2017
The only thing I didn't like was the fact that I was deemed unreliable after ending up in the hospital for double pneumonia during the summer from working in the cooler and freezer for so many hours. It is required that you work any hours they need, and there is no regular or posted schedule. Otherwise I really enjoyed the job. I would work it again if I ever just need additional income.
Pros
Employee discount, will work with school schedule
Cons
no pre-set schedule, often did not known until day before when i would be working.
Not a fun place to work they where ore interested in getting people in the seats
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJuly 23, 2017
The trainer at the facility was not a god trainer.out on the floor if you did not get something they would let you g o instead of putting you back in training. No one on the floor had time to help the ew people
Pros
Close to where I lived
Cons
to many people and not enough help on the floor
Great place to work.
Technical Support Lead (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 23, 2017
Great Management that really cares about it's employees. One of the reasons that many people stay there for their entire career. Excellent training opportunities as well.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Walgreens. Our community is ready to answer.