Walgreens Employee Reviews

Found 15,939 reviews matching the search
Great community,
CASHIER/PHOTO (Former Employee) –  North Bergen, NJMay 18, 2017
Another great place to work if your young. Easy to move up the ladder. Much fun while working with other employee. Great customer service. Workers are really cared for.
Company is great. Store managers vary
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Marlboro, NJMay 18, 2017
Company does a lot to advance employees, but some store managers can hinder your growth and evelopment. There is not enough support from the corporate office in holding store managers accountable for their failures at developing and retaining the talent.
Pros
Development opportunities
Cons
Store managers vary significantly
Clean, quality place to work
PHOTO TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  Rock Hill, SCMay 18, 2017
I have been working for Walgreens since I was seventeen and it has served me well as a high school and college job. They have been flexible with me with my needs to be transferred to a new store when I moved away from college. Decent pay and good working conditions.
Busy
Pharmacy Technician Externship (Former Employee) –  Peru, ILMay 18, 2017
I enjoyed working at Walgreens for my 80 hour externship, however there was little to no time to be trained on anything other than filling prescriptions.
The most enjoyable part of the job
Warehouse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ponce Municipio, PRMay 18, 2017
Helping customers and provided good service. Helping in the warehouse and accommodate the merchandise in the store, and having good communication with the supervisors and employees.
Stressfull
Licensed Lead Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOMay 18, 2017
Unfortunately, Walgreens has gone down hill in the last ten years. I say it has gone down hill from an employee view. They continually expect you to run on the bare essentials. The customers you help can be pleasant, but are mostly hateful. Never in my life have I been more talked down to. You are yelled at on a daily basis by customers. This is customer service in most places, but add insurance, money and medications into the mix and I promise it is worse. Walgreens does not back their employees and allows/ rewards customers poor behavior and lack of respect towards all employees.
Benefits
Cons
Fast pace and high stress
productive
Customer Service/ Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 18, 2017
Working there was okay, but the only problems was the RATS in the stockroom they were horrible. I used to clean uo at night and be scared for if the rats would come and get me.
Pros
good food and quick service
Cons
rats and stockroom unorganized
Very work friendly environment
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Jesup, GAMay 18, 2017
Overall Walgreens is a very nice place to work and all of the team members are very nice, friendly and helpful. You'll never feel too overwhelmed because there's always someone there to help you. All you have to do is ask. I love it.
Good people, bad logistics
Photo Technician (Former Employee) –  Gloucester, MAMay 18, 2017
While I enjoy and still get along with many of the employees, including managers, the store itself seemed to be in a constant state of under-staffing. It was a busy location and on busier days the normal daily tasks would be proven nigh-incompletable, especially on the afternoon shift.
Fair Company
Service Clerk (Current Employee) –  Denver, COMay 18, 2017
For me, the best part of the job is when I work alone. I either work in the cooler or on the floor.
I'm a lot more observant than people think.
Some of the things the company does or change I don't agree with and they shouldn't have messed with it. I've talked to customers and from what they've told me (depending on what it is), they agree with me. But sometimes, it takes forever for them to get something done or when something is asked.
Pros
Points for use
Cons
Confusing ad tags
Good Company
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYMay 18, 2017
Walgreens is a really good company to work for when it comes to Retail Pharmacy. They offer the best pay and benefits, and have the highest technology, making prescription filling less stressful
Pros
Flexable
Cons
Lack of staff
Pendergrass DC Walgreens
Mentor (Current Employee) –  Pendergrass, GAMay 18, 2017
DC very positive gives team members chance to improve work areas. Continually asking for feedback on how to change process to improve. Team celebrations are held often.Great place to start your career and learn the distribution field.
Pros
Great schedules, fair benfits, open communication
Cons
Volume changes due to season changes
I was helping customers throughout the day.
Beauty advisor/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMay 18, 2017
The job is simple. It consist of assisting customers find the things they need. The managers are friendly and want to see you grow quickly in the company.
Great job with favoritism
Photo Specialist (Current Employee) –  Jonesborough, TNMay 18, 2017
I loved working at working at Walgreens. Overall a wonderful company. I stocked, helped customers, conducted meetings, trained employees, ordered inventory, rang up customers, and cleaned. They do move the mangers from store to store twice a year. I had six mangers out of my time here and only had one really good manger. They move up individuals who have not been trained due to personal relationships with the hiring manger. I learned a lot of things at this job though and really loved coming into work. I like the responsibilities I had and helping newer employees learn how to do things in the store. Everyone is mostly nice and the store has a good culture to it.
Pros
Work with you with availability
Cons
favoritism
Good First Job
Pharmacy Technician CPhT (Former Employee) –  New HampshireMay 18, 2017
It's a great first job if you're going into the field of pharmacy, and even if you are not. I had no interest in pharmacy and still enjoyed the job. The people were great, however corporate will always be there to ruin your day. Constantly changing policies and strategies enforced by corporate make doing even the simplest of tasks such as interacting with a customer increasingly difficult. Corporate is out of touch with reality as I'm sure they are at many other companies. The pay is alright, but don't expect to move up or get a raise, as everyone there including managers are replaceable - and they know it.
Pros
Usually close to home, in store managers were great
Cons
corporate management is terrible - they only make your job harder
Loved it
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Opelousas, LAMay 18, 2017
It was a great place to be. you see a ton of customers a day and you work around the most amazing people ever. Every day is different and you learn something new each day.
ok place to work if you are a high school student
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Naperville, ILMay 18, 2017
good company to work retail at if you are a high school student looking for a part time job or a full time college student looking for part time work.
a good place for young people
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  concord, ncMay 18, 2017
a work day consists of printing photos, checking dates on products, stocking shelves, giving cashiers breaks, cleaning restrooms, taking out trash. always greeting customers.
Pros
the hours are good
Cons
pay is way too low for one person doing the job of five people.
Level of skill and knowledge input seems under-appreciated
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Grapevine, TXMay 18, 2017
Learned so many drug names, could talk to any insurance rep, handled every problem and never felt like I was appreciated for that. Instead, they seemed to just take advantage of my skill-level, expecting me not to voice my frustrations.
Pharmacist and staff was hekpful abd friendly
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PAMay 18, 2017
The location was a longer commute, however the pharmacy staff including the store manager and sales. Associates where respectful and helpful, made going to work a good environment for such a low pay salary.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Walgreens. Our community is ready to answer.