Walgreens Employee Reviews in United States

Found 12,362 reviews matching the search
fun place to work at
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLJuly 13, 2016
I enjoyed working with other. i finish all my task before my shift was over with. the most enjoyable part of this job was interacting with customers. It really was no hard parts to the job honestly just stay busy and focused
great place to work if a student
Beauty Advisor/Cashier (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 13, 2016
this place is great due to the fun you have with interacting with the customers and allowing to make their shopping experience easier and more convienent.
very friendly place to work
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Grayslake, ILJuly 13, 2016
I really loved working at my Walgreen. Everyone was super nice! I never felt unfairly treated and they were very good with training.
Good work environment, everyone was like family
Photo Specialist (Former Employee) –  Pulaski, VAJuly 13, 2016
Walgreens was a very good place of work , that provided a reliable source of income/hours. It was a very consistent job. Pay raises and opportunities to move up were not very frequent.
Pros
Employee discount, most days consist of 1 break and a 30 minute lunch
Cons
Not a whole lot of opportunities to move up
Fun workplace, decide boundaries beforehand
Clerk/Cashier, Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 13, 2016
It can be a hit or miss employment opportunity depending on location. I've had negative and positive experiences in different locations. You need to have your boundaries set and clear, when you'll confidently be able to work, and what kind of work you are willing to do, otherwise overreaching leads and managers will work you to the bone.
Pros
Great culture, potential benefits, great co-workers
Cons
Crazy hours, some management can be unreasonable, corporate changes ongoing.
Walgreens is fine , just looking for something different now.
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 13, 2016
In my opinion, Walgreens is a job not a career. People entering the work force will find Walgreens to be very demanding with not enough incentive for growth.
N/a
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJuly 13, 2016
Work aside pharmacist and assist with patient prescriptions. Receive and fill prescriptions, handle cash register, etc.
great work place with great co workers
Senior Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 13, 2016
Walgreens is a great place to work especially if 1 is looking to advance. My location is very busy and demanding which requires patience and efficiency. The men and women i work with at every level are wonderful and are like an added perk for coming to work every. Management keeps the store running smoothly and always has the employees best interest at heart. The hardest part of my job is insurance and illegible prescriptions at times. I've learned a lot at my job including resolving insurance issue, deciphering prescriptions, medication interactions and laws, and customer relations. The most enjoyable part of my job is thinking that i may have saved a life and i enjoy the team I'm on.
Pros
employee discount, benefits, pharmacy advice
Cons
no training room, confined to 1 area, poorly staffed
It has it's highs and it's lows
Beauty Advisor (Current Employee) –  North CarolinaJuly 13, 2016
Walgreens as a whole is a good company to work for. It's ideally for people between the ages of 16 - 25, great benefits for a price and good pay but the hours fluctuate a little too much for my taste. If you're interested in advancement, Walgreens will work with you personally to train you and will invest in you as a person. Now that being said, there are certain stores that I don't believe are being managed properly, creating poor morale within it's employees. Depending on the leadership at the store it could be the best place you have ever worked at or one of the most child like places you have ever encountered. Some days I love my job, some days it's hard to get through the day without breaking down. It's a mental roller coaster every day. Not every store is the same. People are different everywhere. There is so much to learn with so little time, fast learners are required. Some people don't last because they find it all too overwhelming, it takes a strong and determined person along with intelligence to keep a job with Walgreens. You will work almost every holiday, there is no getting around that, you will work nights and every weekend just about. I don't necessarily have a problem with this but requesting time off can be similar to pulling teeth. Walgreens will expect you to put their company and making money above all else. Their famous words are "We have a business to run and money to make." I'm looking for a more wholesome, warm hearted job with people who care about one another and love their job. Like I said, not all stores are the same. I really hope this helps anyone  more... interested in seeking employment with Walgreens.  less
Pros
Benefit Packages for Full Time, Starting Pay $9 Hr, Hours, promotes within
Cons
Short Breaks, Low Morale, Paid Every 2 weeks
the employees and guest are great
Beauty Advisor/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJuly 13, 2016
since the look boutique is new to Seattle ,WA it came with a lot of challenges but everything always worked out the beauty brands that are sold only in the boutique each had educator's and sales reps that were always a pleasure to have in store because they always had something new to teach .
Pros
Gratis
Cons
staffing for the boutique
how i feel about walgreens..
Beauty Advisor/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJuly 13, 2016
I enjoy working here but there could be better management at some locations and their should be more teamwork also. I usually close so our store closes at 10pm, but sometimes we dont leave till 11 or 11;30. i think we should leave a decent time.
fun place to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 13, 2016
hard to advance but a fun place to work. It is a friendly atmosphere to work and people are really nice. There is on the job training and managers are helpful.
Fun and Stressful
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJuly 13, 2016
I'm almost 40 and when I applied for this job, I was expecting it to be stressful. I figured that stress would be the customers rather than the job.

For the most part it's the customers that make the job kinda fun. It's definitely not the pay. Luckily for I wasn't working there for the pay.

I learned a lot very quickly. And I worked very hard to help customers.

That's when I started getting sabotaged by the co worker who saw me as a threat.

Then I started getting the worst schedules. I didn't complain about it to much either.
And then I realized I was working 6 days a week getting only 28 hours and I couldn't ask for time off or even switch shifts with anyone..
I was told that I had to work it and I had to have complete open availability even though I didn't.

I can’t prove it, but I'm pretty sure that scheduling tactic has gotten other people to quit before too.
Pros
Benefits are excellent, easy job, easy to learn.
Cons
Limited flexibility. Expect miss congenitality style competitiveness among peers.
don't make it a career
Photo Specialist (Current Employee) –  FloridaJuly 13, 2016
There is little room for advancement and if you do advance within the company, it will be baby steps. After 5 years I started looking for another job, I made the mistake of telling my boss that I was looking for other work and when the budget was cut, I lost all my hours so I was pretty much fired because I was looking for another job and because the budget has gone from 490 hours per week to about 350. Management also had a pay cut a couple years ago, the cap is about 22% less now. In my opinion, corporate should have frozen people's pay that were already above the new cap instead of reducing it. It really has become a terrible company to work for in the past few years.
summary
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Hicksville, NYJuly 13, 2016
it was a good store too work in. Had no complaints overall. I was happy too be apart of the experience and staff. I just believed i could more in another situation.
Work day
Shift Lead (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJuly 12, 2016
Every day I come to work and look at the daily task list and see what needs to get done. I also make sure that all employees are working properly instead of just standing around doing nothing. I count the safe and make everything balance outs at the start of my day. The hardest part of my job is handling angry customers, but I learned how to properly handle them. I enjoyed learning news things at my work place so I can get a promotion and I love working with all my different employees at work.
Pros
The work environment is fun
Cons
I can get busy any given day when we are short staffs on days
Was a Good job
Service Clerk (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaJuly 12, 2016
i loved my job at walgreens i was employee of the month at least four times a year had wonderful employees that use to b sad if i wasnt working the shift they did the hardest part of the job was working nite shift at time an they had stop letting me go to church on sundays an walgreens was just bought by a major company so they are going through a lot of changes
Pros
gift card for employee of month i felt was really nice
Cons
no comment there were good an bad
good
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Gallup, NMJuly 12, 2016
It was a pretty good work environment. Workers were pretty mellow, easy to get along with. Enjoyed the customers. So many benefits. They had good work hours. It was okay.
Fun work place.
Beauty Advisor (Current Employee) –  Union City, NJJuly 12, 2016
Working here with the management and associates is like working with a great big family. Very positive work place and very customer oriented.
Pros
Very flexable job.
Cons
Hard to get an opionion in through managment.
No grown opportunity at all
Asset Protection Officer (Current Employee) –  Puerto RicoJuly 12, 2016
I try several times to do more for the company I love. All the time, with experience, coachable and with a lot of passion I get the door and outsiders get my opportunity with less potencial.
Pros
Confort Zone
Cons
No grown