Walgreens

8.7K reviews

Walgreens Employee Reviews

Solid Company
Senior Certified Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), New Jersey and FloridaAugust 21, 2015
Working for Walgreens was a great way to start my career and it was a wonderful company to work for. I would say if you are in high school or college this is the place to learn about good work ethic.
Service Clerk (Former Employee), Clinton, CTAugust 20, 2015
Pros: Great staff/ Discount
Cons: working holidays
Walgreens was a very hands on job! Working the registers and stacking candy all in the same time frame. Good staff would always help you when needed!
Productive and a fun place to work
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLAugust 20, 2015
Pros: Keeping the customers smiling
Cons: Over worked and under paid.
My typical day at work is a very very busy day. I love the people that i work with. My manager is very helpful and working there i have learned a lot.
Unneccesarily Stressful Environment
Lead of the cosmetics department (Former Employee), Chicago, ILAugust 20, 2015
I was in an environment where my boss relied more on me then his own managers and I was just a service clerk. The managers could not get along with one another and that affected a lot of how the floor staff worked and was managed. I went into work every single day dreading to go there. The only thing that was enjoyable was the few regular customers that would come by just to say hello. The staff were all amazing people, outside of work, but inside was completely different.
Okay
Cashier (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INAugust 20, 2015
Management is good but workers are not the best it could be worked on and made into a lot better work place full of people that are nice.
Rewarding
Service Desk Coordinator (Current Employee), Danville IllinoisAugust 19, 2015
Knowing that you are assisting individuals on a daily basis, is very rewarding at the end of the day. The only reason I am searching elsewhere is for job security
It was overall pleasant.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Hialeah, FLAugust 19, 2015
Pros: Great management and environment
Cons: not enough work
Working at Walgreen's was a very good learning experience and thought me many things which im grateful for, but did not give me the intensity of work that i was looking for.
Over all its a fine place to work especially if you like helping people.
Certified Pharmacy Technician / Other (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIAugust 19, 2015
Pros: Have little luches brought in by stafff from time to time.
Cons: Management changes a bit to much.
A good place to work, clean and always have the customers best of interest in mind. Good benefits. They work with the employee that have personal problems. There are provisions for advancement with in the company. Pay increase is good.
Great company to work for
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Chicago, ilAugust 19, 2015
Pros: Good management
Cons: At a high volume location
I love my job at Walgreens. I get to meet new people everyday. Also, i get to assist people in all there needs. Some of the things i do at work is to supervise the employees, make sure the store stays clean and presentable, and give excellent customer service.
Great company to work for.
Manager (Former Employee), Hammond, INAugust 19, 2015
Pros: Walgreens is a great company to learn all areas of retail.
Cons: Poor pay
I really liked working for Walgreens. The scheduling was flexible. They're very supportive of students and will work around a person's schedule. They look to retain employees by cross-training them in multiple departments which gives opportunity to the employees and more scheduling flexibility to the management team.
Pay very good attention to detail for employees
Pharmacy technician (Former Employee), Richmond,TxAugust 19, 2015
Pros: Very good health benefits
Cons: Really difficult if a coworker called in sick
Working at Walgreens was very eye opening for me. The location I worked was a very busy store whenever it came to rush hour at around 5pm where people will be coming back from work and wanting to get their medications. All in all it is a good place to work if you want to learn how to be very good with time and learn how to portray good customer service skills even when things may not be going well as planned. It is also a place to see where teamwork comes into play and how if there is a break or someone does not want to play in a team environment, the workflow comes apart.
Excellent opportunities for growth and learning.
All (Former Employee), Dania FLAugust 19, 2015
Pros: Health benefits and flexible hours
Cons: Short breaks
While employed with Walgreens, I was cross trained in all different aspects of the store, including pharmacy. This helped a lot when I needed additional hours at work, or if I was available when others called out. Cross training this way also helps employees get their foot in the door as a supervisor or management.
great environment
Photo Technician (Former Employee), miami,flAugust 19, 2015
Pros: free pizza fridays
Cons: short breaks
I loved working for this company because the minute you become part of their organization you become like family and you are welcomed in with true appreciation. As an employee is up to you how much you are willing to grow and expand your career. Great place to work.
Decent First Real Job
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee), Tarzana, CAAugust 19, 2015
Pros: Great Coworkers, Simple Work, Solid Company, Short Commute
Cons: Stressful, Endurance Challenging, Monotonous, Minimum Wage, Part-time No Benefits, Biweekly Pay
I work part time primarily as a cashier and secondly at the photo lab and sales floor.

An alright first real job, but I am unused to standing for 6.5 hours. It kills my back and feet.

Flexible hours, but I feel this store is understaffed.

Unfortunately, the pay is just minimum wage and there's not much room for advancement.

It can also be emotionally draining when dealing with irate customers, but it's mitigated by awesome assistant managers.
Easy going workplace
Photo Technician / Cashier (Former Employee), West Palm Beach, FLAugust 18, 2015
Cons: Mean customers, customers who steal
As a Photo Tech. I enjoyed interacting with customers and processing their photos. Some managers were very pleasant to work with and made the long nights go faster.
Friendly work environment
Pharmacy Manager (Current Employee), Stamford, CTAugust 18, 2015
The work place provides a friendly work environment and promotes professional growth. It gives a wide range of opportunities in various fields, not only in pharmacy
Productive day with over 400 prescriptions
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), Los AngelesAugust 18, 2015
Pros: great co- workers, free schrubs
Cons: hourly wage is a downfall
Fun and social environment with wonderful co-workers.
Always multi-tasking from the in window and drive-thru.
Unfortunately, hours are not consistent, you can work from 8 hours to 5 hours per day.
overall nice place to work depending on the people
senior beauty advisor (Former Employee), JOlietAugust 18, 2015
Pros: employee discount, various employee benifits.
Cons: 365 days a year, no holidays off at all. greedy company
Walgreens is more and more becoming about the money and less about the employees. A reverse of what it had once been. They stay open through the holidays regardless of the employee family situation. They pay employees less and expect them to do more. They only care about suggestive sells and pushing people to buy things they do not need.
My review
Certified Photo Specialist (Former Employee), Hermitage PennsylvaniaAugust 18, 2015
I enjoyed the daily job. I stocked shelves and ran the photo lab. My coworkers were very friendly and they made the job fun.
Undergoing a major IT re-organization.
Senior Project Manager (Former Employee), DeerfieldAugust 18, 2015
Undergoing a major IT re-organization. But in time will land on its feet. Outsourcing most of the development, and QA organizations along with Project Management and other management functions.
Headquarters