Walgreens Employee Reviews

Found 15,944 reviews matching the search
ok place to work if you are a high school student
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Naperville, ILMay 18, 2017
good company to work retail at if you are a high school student looking for a part time job or a full time college student looking for part time work.
a good place for young people
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  concord, ncMay 18, 2017
a work day consists of printing photos, checking dates on products, stocking shelves, giving cashiers breaks, cleaning restrooms, taking out trash. always greeting customers.
Pros
the hours are good
Cons
pay is way too low for one person doing the job of five people.
Level of skill and knowledge input seems under-appreciated
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Grapevine, TXMay 18, 2017
Learned so many drug names, could talk to any insurance rep, handled every problem and never felt like I was appreciated for that. Instead, they seemed to just take advantage of my skill-level, expecting me not to voice my frustrations.
Pharmacist and staff was hekpful abd friendly
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PAMay 18, 2017
The location was a longer commute, however the pharmacy staff including the store manager and sales. Associates where respectful and helpful, made going to work a good environment for such a low pay salary.
Work is what you make it
Shift Leader (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIMay 18, 2017
Some managers/employees can make it nice and others can crush your happiness. But if you have a positive attitude and work hard it will make an impact on everyone around you for the better. Ask questions! Get involved! And most of all, smile and have some fun.
Pros
Flexible schedules
Cons
Sometimes customers can ruin your day.
ok company to work for
Senior Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Whittier, CAMay 18, 2017
high volume pharmacy with little help . work load is not always evenly distributed and some senior technician do not help or do duties their job title requires them to . management wont do anything about these issues either .
Pros
pto, benifts are ok .. pay is ok
Cons
no brakes
Fun
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNMay 18, 2017
Had a great time working here lots of friendly people and customers as well the environment was an outstanding always happy place to be it's good to know you still have these kinds of places around.
Fun, busy atmosphere
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Perris, CAMay 17, 2017
This was a great opportunity that I was able to obtain while attending school, great company and plenty of growth opportunity. Fast growing company with room for advancement.
ok
Regional Facilities Asset Manager (Former Employee) –  Metairie, LAMay 17, 2017
averaged 3000 miles per month visiting locations. independent, met deadlines and unexpected changes. quarterly meetings, five states managed, three hundred stores managed.
Very productive workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Valley Stream, NYMay 17, 2017
The mood during a typical work day is very relaxing and productive.
Employees must prioritize working as a team versus by yourself to achieve daily tasks faster.
great experience
SENIOR TECH (Former Employee) –  Hendersonville, TNMay 17, 2017
Walgreens was a great place to enter into the pharmacy work place. They are a teaching company. Only problem they are stern on the Retail scheduling, not to willing to give a set schedule.
I love working at Walgreens best part was management
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Frisco, TXMay 17, 2017
I think the hardest part is being the liaison between the public and pharmacy, patient interaction is what makes or breaks a person's day; management was very flexible. The easiest part of the job is dispening medications to patients.
Pros
scrubs as uniform
Cons
pay is very low
nice job but very unsafe location
Boots Beauty Consultant (Current Employee) –  Houston Heights, TXMay 17, 2017
Work 7-8 hrs per shift, learned very valuable selling strategies as very managing a section of the store by my self, selling, tracking sales, stocking, and ordering new products,as well as setting up new displays for the month. most enjoyable part of the job was meeting and surpassing sales goal every quarter.
Pros
all of our employees
Cons
not a very safe environment
Laid back, tedious
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDMay 17, 2017
Laid back, some work is tedious, few coworkers, days are flexible but the hours can be long, fair break schedule, coworkers become close to you, low pay
Too many extra jobs to do to where can't get everyday jobs done
Photo Lab Technician (Current Employee) –  Newark ohioMay 17, 2017
Too much passing the buck. Moral is extremely low to where you walk into work you feel like it's sucking life out of you. I love my job, but feel like they keep packing more on us when we don't even have enough staffing due to them cutting hours. So basically, Walgreens expects employees to do more work load, give great customer service on frwer hours and less man power.
Cons
Open ALL holidays
Hard Job to do with the Sarcasm that is unneeded!
Shift Floor Lead (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, MTMay 17, 2017
My day at work would begin by counting the safe and setting up the registers with cash drawers. The opening cashier would show up right about the same time as I did. I would then do a random inventory count, do any price changes that needed to be done, count waste, and begin working in my section. Often I would be called for change, manager calls, and checking in the vendors. It was nice having a lunch break to sit down and rest for a bit but the up and down repetitive motion did my knees in. I learned about managing other employees and the do and dont's of corporate life.
Pros
nice employee discount
Cons
fast pace
Walgreens was a wonderful employer.
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMay 17, 2017
In the specialty pharmacy area of Walgreens, a typical day involved speaking with customers across the country.
Special medications were ordered for patients and shipped next day to their physicians or homes for use.
Management were committed to the staff as well as to the corporation.
The hardest part of the job was speaking with customers who had to choose between refilling their meds and eating.
The most enjoyable part was encouraging patients who were in chronic, painful states of health.
Pros
Great customer service.
Cons
Multiple tasking without speaking in place of a pharmacist.
Alright work environment with rude employees
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Palm Coast, FLMay 17, 2017
Other employees are a little rude but I loved working in the pharmacy. They rotate you throughout the day to different stations (drive through, counter, or filling the scripts).
fun place to work, when you are in school as full time
Cashier/Stocker (Current Employee) –  Rogers, ARMay 17, 2017
i had been working for walgreens because i go to school full time and the hours are flexible for me. but i also need a different job for the summer and if can to keep it for as long as they will allow me
It has pros and cons like any other job.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Hattiesburg, MSMay 17, 2017
The job isn't hard, but the hours can be bad. Closing at midnight, leaving the store at 12:30 and then having to turn around and be back at 7:00 am the next morning only allows for about four hours between shifts. That is not adequate rest and can lead to bad mistakes that you are then punished for making because you're overtired. The work enviroment and teamwork is really good. The management overall does the best they can, but there is always room for improvement from everybody.
Pros
meeting new people and assisting with customer needs
Cons
too short of lunches, closing and having to reopen the next day, no benefits unless you work a set amount of hours on a regular basis

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Walgreens. Our community is ready to answer.