Walgreens Employee Reviews in United States

Found 12,158 reviews matching the search
A load of team work!
Shift lead (Current Employee) –  Shelby, NCMarch 8, 2016
My typical day at work is being thrown into 10 different directions! I have many things in one given day that I have to work towards completing by the end of my shifts along with all the other interruptions. I'm responsible for open/closing of the store during my shift, I have to respond to pharmacy when they need help, I check in vendors upon their arrival, stamp invoices, pickup money throughout the day in registers, make daily/nightly deposits, customer service, product knowledge, online ordering, employee management, damage products out, unloading truck, stocking shelves, inventory loss.

The hardest part about my job is learning time management. I have so much going on in a day that if you don't stay on top of tasks/projects then you get behind.

The enjoyable part is that I always have something to do. I keep myself busy. Also, there's always room to grow and move up.
Cons
short breaks
call center customer service representative (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 2, 2015
Good company and management. Walgreens have good benefits and advancement positions were available. Friendly environment. It offered stock shares for employees.
Pros
very organized and supervisors gave good support, meetings
Cons
nothing to complaint
Multinational mania
Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  Gaylord, MIFebruary 11, 2016
These folks have the most hypocrital corporate culture in the business. They talk a big customer service game then cut hours to the bone. There is a constant stream of blame flowing to the employees for failure to live up to Walgreens 'High Ideals'. A persistent hostile work environment exists toward all and emotional blackmail is rampant. Micro tasks are torrentially squeezed in with the admonition to 'do this in your spare time' Floor staff is often recruited to work as pharmacy techs without compensating them as such.
Need I say more?? This is the stinkiest skunk of the lot. Now that they are a grand multinational and have aquired Rite Aid, there is little to stop them. Feel free to watch for Whistle Blower opportunities!
Good place to work.
Shift Lead (Current Employee) –  Pittsburg, KS 66762February 4, 2016
Walgreens is only as good as its management. I feel as if you have to really work hard as you would at any job, to advance in this place of employment. If you want to move up in the company, you have to show initiative that you are willing to do so. The most enjoyable part of this job would be the co-workers and some of the friendly customers.
Walgreens not at the corner of happy & healthy
pharmacy technician (Current Employee) –  new JerseyJanuary 17, 2016
The first 2 years of my career with Walgreens was the best. My managers were amazing teachers and mentors. Seems as though along the way the "family" feel was lost. Walgreens management only cares about money not their employees. Not a good place company to work for if you have a family.
Pros
paycheck
Cons
retail hours and management who is greedy and self important
Great place to work and learn how to be a team player.
Asst.Mgr,Head cosmetician,merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLOctober 18, 2015
Typical day started at 4 in the morning unless I was on the 10 to 7 overnight shift. It was hard work but even with that we always had a good time and still got our work done. Management was great, of course as in any job there were days when perhaps they did not get enough sleep and were a little off. But by the end of the day with help of the great crew (co workers) the management team would be happy when it was time for them to go home.The hardest part of the job was unloading the trucks which I did until the day I retired with medical problems. Many of them have been resolved however am still listed as handicapped. The very hardest part of the job was the day I had to retire. I loved my job and enjoyed it immensely. Most enjoyable was getting all my work done and maybe got extra done also. The coworkers and benefits were great.
Pros
Understanding and caring bosses. Benefits and crew.
Cons
Half hour lunch breaks.
fast paced work environment
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Collinsville, OKApril 5, 2016
A typical work day can go from busy to slow, back to busy.
I learn something new everyday.
Management is great at this store, they are there to help when needed.
My coworkers are a great team, we work well together.
The hardest part of the job is working with technology when it doesn't want to work.
The most enjoyable part(s) are getting to meet new people, learning something new everyday, and being able to make a difference in someones life even if its just something as little as helping them find a coupon.
Pros
lunches, breaks, teamwork
Cons
decreased hours
Used to love coming to work, but since I moved...
Senior Beauty Advisor (Current Employee) –  Rapid City, SDOctober 20, 2015
I used to love coming to work every day. I love my job. I love making customers happy and seeing them smile just makes my day. I recently moved to South Dakota.
I enjoy working with less that half of my coworkers. It seems like everyone hates each other. One member of management is always late for work, has been late opening the store, belittles employees, and would rather continue telling you what you are doing wrong all the time. Most the people call out or don't show up. The higher up members of management know about everything that has been going on and have not done anything about it.
It is not a place I enjoy going to anymore. It is a very toxic work environment.
Pros
Healthcare, 401K
Cons
Bad work environment
Lots of requirements made through the company for advancement with only a slight chance of acheivement for your own personal goals.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ILMarch 31, 2016
Most of the assignments were designed for nightly management to pick up the pieces on duty alone with a couple of cashiers. The majority of the staff was assigned to day shift having more coverage & better trained employees because there were usually the department people. More of an abundance of work left behind from days for the night shift when the stores are at there peak with customers.
Customer service is the only priority but work task has to be accomplished on timely manner at the end of the day no matter what.
Productive job based on strong customer service
Shift Lead (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAOctober 24, 2015
This job taught me to work hard at everything I do but still providing strong customer service when needed. We had plenty of things to do at this job but the customers always came first. Management rotated fairly often which made it hard to get comfortable at some points. Like most jobs we had some really good coworkers and some coworkers who didn't work as hard or get along with people.The hardest part of the job was at some points getting the task list done when we were so busy because our first priority was the customers. The most enjoyable part of the job was the relationships that I was able to build with some of my customers and hearing them say that I was the reason they kept coming back.
Flexible scheduling, great for students
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Kansas and ArizonaMarch 16, 2016
Worked for Walgreens during Highschool and College. Its great for those who want to work nights, weekends, holidays, part time or certain days per week.
Pros
Flexible schedules
Cons
work-life balance, must work holidays, benefits are minimal
Overall good place to work
Reimbursement Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 19, 2016
Great stepping stone, will learn a lot working here, pharmacy, billing, collections etc. however starting salaries are not competitive in comparison to other infusion providers.
Pros
Good benefits, time-off, flexible
Cons
Work most holidays
Rewarding Experience
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Lowell, MAMarch 28, 2016
Working in a pharmacy you have many different types of customers. I have had the privilege in helping so many different people and they are so grateful that I do. I do a lot of projects and have learned a lot about customer service. Management is very engaging with employees and my co-workers are very helpful. Hardest part of the job, just like any, is dealing with rude customers, but they always come first. Most enjoyable is the feeling you get after a customer is so thankful for something that you did for them, over something as little as providing assistance on a product.
Pros
Flexible Hours
Cons
Minimum Wage Pay
Viewing different perspective about retails
Photo Specialist/Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Skokie, ILNovember 12, 2015
It is hard to find a boss that can tell whether you're a hard worker or not. I was glad I had an amazing boss who see the difference in me, recognized me of a diligent and a hard working employee. I learnt so much from this store manager, and gave me the opportunities to advance in my career.
The hardest part of this job, starting out everything seem repetitively. Things changes along the line.
For benefit wise - working full time with full benefit.
Pros
Good Benefits
productive, efficiant
Pharmacy Manager (Current Employee) –  Aurora, ILDecember 13, 2015
Being a pharmacy manager I have to multi-task everything that goes on in the pharmacy. That includes balancing work flow, efficiency in filling prescriptions, ensuring our patients are satisfied with our customer services. Educate my staff on various changes or modifications done at the corporate and put into practice .Delegate tasks to my co-workers and fellow pharmacists and ensure things get done in a timely manner
Pros
advancement in career
Numeric-Driven Atmosphere -- Supportive of Professional Growth
Beauty Advisor (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 25, 2015
Walgreens is a company which focuses on numeric numbers. Advancement is extremely competitive; continuing learning is required. While some stores embrace a team-driven atmosphere and encourage individual professional growth, it is not the same across the board. This would be a perfect employment opportunity for young adults yearning for retail experience, or those who have a medical background but do not desire the typical scheduling requirements of such.
Pros
Team-Driven and Supportive Management Team
Cons
Metrics Based Objectives and Extremely Competitive Advancement
Like being back in high school
Shift lead/Pharmacy tech. (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, VAApril 3, 2016
Walgreen's it self isn't a bad company. A lot of people in this store gossip and talk behind everyone's back. management makes false promises. and the benefits are not good
Cons
work random hours all the time/
Walgreens employment
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Pleasanton, TXNovember 29, 2015
Working for this company was a miserable experience. From Management down to my entry-level cashiering job, it seemed like everyone hated their lives because of their job at Walgreens. Even with a Bachelor's degree from an accredited state university, my starting pay was $7.75. Also, when you make mistakes, they like to call you back to the office, making you think you're about to be fired. I would never want to work for this company or anything like it again.
Pros
interesting clientele
Cons
30 min lunch breaks.
Compensation not great few advancement oppurtunities
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNApril 1, 2016
Work day high stress coworkers ok management not great very demanding little advancement oppurtunities not a good place to work
Pros
health care
Cons
pay
great place to work
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Racine, WIApril 2, 2016
great culture
great atmosphere
great benefits
good managers and employees
good balance with life & work
very supportive & helpful when it comes to any questions and concerns
Pros
income/positive atmosphere
Cons
hours