Walker & Dunlop Employee Reviews

Analyst
Insurance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 17, 2017
Company seemed like a great fit, but it depends on supervisor. Some areas are extremely overworked. Pay is good with many company incentives and perks. Favortism with bosses determines how your experience is with the company. Appear to be more attracted to young college students entering job market and young adults.
Great Company, Super Corporate
Multi-Family Financing Intern (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAApril 13, 2017
I had a 6-month intensive internship with Walker & Dunlop in their New Orleans office. The Nola team did underwriting for multi-family deals. It was a great experience for me, and I got a ton of exposure. But the company culture was a little bland - I just found it to be a little monotonous and "corporate"
Pros
Support and compensation
Cons
culture
na
Help Desk Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Bethesda, MDDecember 17, 2016
Management doesn't appreciate hard work and they don't even care, people I worked with are nice some of them I keep in touch. The company it self is a small ok.
Strong working environment.
Multifamily Underwriting Analyst (Former Employee) –  Bethesda, MDMarch 4, 2014
Strong working environment. Excellent training opportunities. Good culture.
Good fringe benefits and rewards
Senior Analyst - Investor Reporting Department (Former Employee) –  Needham, MAJanuary 29, 2014
The co-workers were great before the takeover. Most of the people are gone post-acquisition. I enjoyed every aspect of my job in terms of the extensive reporting to investors. It was challenging but rewarding.
Pros
Free coffee, great work hours
Cons
No loyalty to employees from old company; most were let go and their own employees were retained.
Fun place to intern
Capital Markets Group Intern (Former Employee) –  Bethesda, MDJune 20, 2013
Great real estate company with a fun atmosphere. Really smart people and you work directly with upper management.
Worked for Walker and Dunlop for a short period of time
Senior Analyst/Programmer (Current Employee) –  Needham, MADecember 18, 2012
They bought CWCapital LLC and then laid off most of the Needham servicing staff. They, however, were very transparent and amicable to the transition.
Great Place to Work
Human Resources Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bethesda, MDJune 18, 2012
Working with Walker & Dunlop I have learned the value of building relationships. Each day is different, and I have learned quite a bit about the Walker & Dunlop culture. Our CEO stresses that we are so successful because of our culture, and I feel our HR department does a wonderful job incorporating activities that bring people together.

Thoughout my time at Walker & Dunlop, I have learned that people are such an asset to any company. Without making the people happy within each department, the company will not operate smoothly.

I really enjoy our Wellness program. I have basically developed out wellness program from the ground up. I have help transform our new CoreHealth site, and motivate people to become active.
Pros
happy hours, company outings, positive ceo

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Walker & Dunlop. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6