Walker Methodist Employee Reviews

Great people to work with at a quick pace
Wait Staff (Former Employee) –  West Saint Paul, MNSeptember 11, 2017
Most days we would prep for either breakfast, lunch and dinner. The quick paced part would be when the people would fill in the dinning room and we have to take orders and grab food. I learned more communication skills as well moving more cautiously and quickly. The management is great and everyone is taken care of. The hardest part of the job is remembering what everyone in your section needs. The most enjoyable part is the people you work with and being able to work out issues that occur with them.
Horrible Management
Other (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJuly 18, 2017
High turnover even at leadership level, poor communication amongst departments and department heads, and very poor work/life balance for employees. Do not follow their vision of being 'the best place to live and work'.
It was a good steady job
Notifies charge nurse (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJune 7, 2017
Walker Methodists was a good steady job. you really had to work, you were always doing something no matter if you finished early. you would work as a team with some people at work. only problem that was at Walker Methodists was the drama that the people that worked there carried with them.
Pros
Team work, Competitiveness
Cons
Drama
Walker
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  West St. Paul, MNMay 11, 2017
Management was horrible towards residents. Don't really care about the residents needs. Under staff. Residents only eat sandwiches everyday. Don't really have a say so over their life
Walker Methodist
Wait staff (Former Employee) –  Lakeville, MNJanuary 24, 2017
I worked at Walker Methodist Highview Hills in Lakeville Minnesota for 11 months as waitstaff. I loved my experience at Walker Methodist. The atmosphere was positive, the residents and the staff were all easy to get along with. The jobs was very structured and organized and I felt important and appreciated.
Pros
Free food, good people, raises, breaks
Cons
Short staffed often, high stress zone
Wonderful Residents and employers care about employee safety
Resident Assistant (RA) (Current Employee) –  Lakeville, MNJanuary 7, 2017
Coworkers are great, they offer benefits. Work day is not particularly hard, but as with all healthcare jobs it gets stressful. Health Department manager is very "hands off" so any problems with lazy coworkers basically need to be handled amongst yourselves. Otherwise, employers are usually very flexible and understanding with emergencies.
Pros
Great co-workers, families
Cons
Stagnant pay
If you like to work alot then work here...
Nursing Assistant Registered/Concierge (Current Employee) –  West Saint Paul, MNDecember 20, 2016
If you like to pick up hours then this is the place for you. I have easily worked over 90 hours a pay period. Main downfall is that Walker has a huge turnover rate.
Pros
hours
Cons
short staffed
High turnover
Dietary Aide (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNNovember 18, 2016
Employees are always coming and going. Which puts strain on other employees at times and causes burn out. The work place can get unprofessional as well. If you work here just know it's about the residents, leave all other drama outside
Pros
There are always shifts if you want to pick up.
Great company
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Current Employee) –  3737 Bryant Ave So Mpls MNOctober 28, 2016
7 floors, TCU, Float Nurses, Diverse, equal opportunity, promotions, age population , culture changes, IV therapy, ongoing training, shift differential , continue education
Pros
Education
Cons
Union
Prep Cook/Dishwasher (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNOctober 19, 2016
Walker Place is a great place to work. I would recommend working there to anyone. The staff is cool. Best part is working with the elderly. Free meals all day. Great chefs. Management is ok use to be a place for growth and opportunities but lately not so much.
Pros
Free meals all day, working independently no one watching your every move. Pay could be a little more but ok.
Cons
Under staffed other than that nothing at all.
i just love the client's
nursing assistance (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNAugust 19, 2016
I like working with the behaviors and the elderly cause I take pride in my job and learn alot from my clients. And team work always makes your day go smoothly.
Pros
Cons
breaks on time
LPN (Former Employee) –  West Saint Paul, MNJuly 16, 2016
Good place to work, till you make a mistake then they're quick to terminate you behind BS which probably contributes to the high turnover and quality care of the patient and staff which require them to hire pool staff to take care of their patients which they don't do a good job and they get more money than the people who work there themselves management HR down to supervisor the trickle-down effect I'd stay away
Pros
Respect from pts & families
Cons
No support, Hr, down thru management, need someone to blame which leads to the high turnover in staff
Get ready to work hard and be unappreciated
Prefer not to say (Former Employee) –  West Saint Paul, MNJune 10, 2016
You will work hard, catch your breath and work even harder. Punitive management from the big top down. Back biting, fake smiles, and dishonest leadership. Sadly, some have a good heart, but are conditioned to keep quite and behave. Aides are overworked and often begged to work more. Very understaffed.
Human resources tries hard, but is overwhelmed by the turnover in the WSP location.
Pros
Benefits are great, HR staff, food
Cons
Pay is low, patient staff ratio, management
Walker human resources are no help
Management (Former Employee) –  MPLS, MNMay 30, 2016
When you have problems on the job. You go to your Supervisors . They are no help. Then you go to Human resources they are no help either. That's so sad. Who wants to work for a place like that.
Pros
Cons
No break. Too much work.
Minimal
Licensed practical nurse (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNApril 18, 2016
Love working with my patients. Usually I encourage and cooperate teamwork with my coworkers. Management are not very flexible with the employees. The hardest part of the job is when you give all but you wont be recognized. The most enjoyable part of the job is I do what I love.
Needs new managment
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Anoka, MNMay 30, 2015
I worked overnights here. The work was easy, until something happened. They only scheduled one person for overnights when there were two people transfers.
Walker is a fun place to work.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNDecember 1, 2014
For the years I worked for walker, I got an opportunity to learn much in health care field and this has built me a good experience. It is for this reason Walker has become one of good places for many employee. I would recommend anybody looking for a job to work for Walker.
Pros
Many staffs are dedicated to their work.
Cons
Some staffs need some improvement.
Fufillng work, poor management
Cook (Current Employee) –  St. PaulSeptember 5, 2014
I enjoy the work and caring for our residents with my coworkers. However, my facility is constantly understaffed and underpaid. I cannot remember anyone I know here receiving a promotion or substantial pay increase. Managers supervise from behind desks and not all understand what their employees do from day to day, hour to hour. This may be because the turnover rate is so high. Walker doesn't value employees highly, so they leave, so Walker doesn't value employees. HR, at least at my branch, is barely existent and slow to respond to anything. This is a great place for short-term employment, but don't make career plans here.
Pros
Fufilling work, good coworkers
Cons
Poor leadership and communication, do not value on-the-ground employees
It is very nice to work because , it is so many different pateint.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNSeptember 4, 2014
It is very busy most of the time.
I have learned taking caring of so many different patients.
The manager are good.
Most of of my co-worker good people and helpful.
The most challenging part of the job see some of the patient dying.
The most satisfying part of the job is see people smile because the care gave them make the happy.
Pros
occasitional you get free walker shert.
Cons
sometimes it is too busy
Disorganized, unsupportive, unfriendly work environment
Nurse (Former Employee) –  MinneapolisJuly 5, 2014
There are a lot better choices than Walker to work. High rate of turn over in staff. Just not a fun place to work
Pros
Some nice Individuals

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Walker Methodist. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9