Walker Employee Reviews

Great perks, no extra benefints.
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  TennesseeNovember 17, 2016
Busy most of the year.
Good co-workers
Lots of clients and needs to fulfill
Nice meeting new people.
Nothing else to tell
Cons
no real benefits, dental, healthcare etc
rude supervisors and employees
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Harrisonburg, VANovember 14, 2016
i loved the job, it was like getting paid to work out all night and get paid for it no need for a gym... but there wouldn`t have been time anyway. all except the people there.
Pros
paycheck
Cons
short break and climate
Working as a research assistant.
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTOctober 31, 2016
I work as a research assistant in 'Walkergroup' at University of Utah. This group is focused on developing circuits for biomedical application and interfacing with sensors.
Great Working Enviorment
Dog Sitter (Former Employee) –  La Cañada Flintridge, CAOctober 18, 2016
Its a great place to work at. Good environment, and everyone is friendly. I would say the hardest part of the job is leaving.
Wonderful Law Firm
Paralegal (Former Employee) –  Gibsonville, NCOctober 14, 2016
Typical day at work varied based on what the attorney's needed for that day. I loved my co-workers. It was a small practice of family law, social security/disability, person injury and criminal law.
Nice family environment
Paralegal (Current Employee) –  Gibsonville, NCSeptember 28, 2016
Working for this firm was a wonderful experience. I have learned many different ways to handle the challenge of working in a family law firm. It was a very long time since I had done this and it was a challenge at first and then easy to get a handle on.

My co-workers were wonderful including the attorneys. I have learned so many different things by working at this firm, just as I did working at any other.

I love feeling the accomplishment of helping others through difficult times.
Contract employment
Property Danage Adjuster (Former Employee) –  South Florida, FLMay 29, 2016
Walker does not pay its contract employees as required. They still owe me about $8,000.00 which I am certain I will never collect
Contract Executive Assistant
Temporary Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Needham, MAApril 6, 2016
i worked at the Walker School for about two months as a Contract Executive Assistant to the CEO of the School and although brief it was a delight working for the company, from what they represented to the vast amount of work that i was present to see during my short time working there. it was one of the greatest opportunities I had working there.
productive and dedicated cooperation
Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Needham, MAMarch 4, 2016
i worked for Walker, Inc; although brief due to distance, i had a blast working for this nonprofit company, not only the staff were great to be around but it was great seeing first hand the compassion and dedication of the CEO to her organization, it was always a great day working for Walker as they were always planning how to keep their organization on top.
warehouse worker
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Albany, GAJanuary 21, 2016
inspect paper tissue products for the company P&G also work on an fast assembly line packing tissue products to meet production quota daily.
Fast paced workplace
Temporary Associate (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALJuly 16, 2015
I enjoyed working for Wal-Mart. I gained knowledge of operating cash registers, the responsibility of handle monetary transactions and friendly consumer interactions.
Spend time outside
Nanny and Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Bedford, NYJuly 2, 2015
I stared working for this family as a housecleaning ones a week whit my mother, after a couple months I became a housekeeper/nanny,Work 8 hours a day, Monday to Friday, babysitting every Thursday nite and weekend wen needs. Mornings take care cleaning and laundry, organize. And afternoons pick up kids from school, cook dinner everyday. I have a very good time at this jobs whit the kids, great kids, was my enjoyable moments whit this family. That hardest part was my communication whit my boss. My ingles the time was poor. I Learned a lot in all senses.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Breaks wen I need. Usually 30 min lunch and 15 min break
Hardworking, but very rewarding
Lawn Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Soap Lake, WAMarch 16, 2015
A typical day is helping customers with finding items or helping the cashiers bag groceries while they pass the items to me. I would also run out an get carts every other hour while another courtesy clerk helped with groceries. I learned that if you are a hard worker and willing to go the mile, then good things will happen to you. Management was understanding with my schedule since I am a full-time student. Most of the co-workers were very nice to me, but there was some that didn't care for me, but all work places have that, just have to deal with it. Hardest part of the job is getting there right after my classes were finished. Most enjoyable part of the job was being able to put smiles on the customers' faces.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
being relied on too much
Productive employer; good hours
Dump Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Jefferson County, TNFebruary 4, 2015
A typical day at work consisted of hauling multiple loads of rock, sand, gravel, asphalt or ore to help stabilize land developments including roads and highways. The hardest part of the job was having to shovel asphalt from the truck bed after a day of hauling. The most enjoyable part was being able to see the natural landscape of the state.
ok company use to be better
dsp (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, paAugust 13, 2014
It was a good experience, however when they started hirirng alot ot younger people work ethic declined. Though providing for my individuals was always number 1.
Pros
Some good people
Cons
lacking management
Great People
Chief of Staff / Project Manager/ Editor-in-Chief (Former Employee) –  augusta, gaJune 9, 2014
You need to be able to do it all working here and they are awesome. you will love the place and the people
Pros
culture
Cons
pay
Medical Billing
Quality Manager (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZMay 14, 2014
This is a great place to work for college students. It is extremely flexible and the work isn't too taxing. There are opportunities for managing programs and workloads. The hardest part of the job is that it can be quite tedious. The most enjoyable part of the job is the close collaboration and team work.
Pros
Very Flexible hours
Cons
Very limited promotions available
Enjoyed the legal field and learned a lot.
Legal Secretary/Legal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LAApril 7, 2014
Follow-ups and client interaction was a wonderful atmosphere at this job.
awesome
Walker (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORMarch 4, 2014
Great people, I loved working with ai portland. Helped me grow and learn about the importance of a position.
Filled orders
Warehouse attendant (Former Employee) –  Harrisonburg, VAJanuary 24, 2014
Filled orders for car exhaust pipes for this company. Also did various other duties that was required.
Pros
exiting job
Cons
3rd shift on weekends

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Walker. Our community is ready to answer.