Walker Employee Reviews in United States

Contract Executive Assistant
Temporary Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Needham, MAApril 6, 2016
i worked at the Walker School for about two months as a Contract Executive Assistant to the CEO of the School and although brief it was a delight working for the company, from what they represented to the vast amount of work that i was present to see during my short time working there. it was one of the greatest opportunities I had working there.
productive and dedicated cooperation
Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Needham, MAMarch 4, 2016
i worked for Walker, Inc; although brief due to distance, i had a blast working for this nonprofit company, not only the staff were great to be around but it was great seeing first hand the compassion and dedication of the CEO to her organization, it was always a great day working for Walker as they were always planning how to keep their organization on top.
Contract employment
Property Danage Adjuster (Former Employee) –  South Florida, FLMay 29, 2016
Walker does not pay its contract employees as required. They still owe me about $8,000.00 which I am certain I will never collect
work
Welder (Current Employee) –  Harrisonburg, VAAugust 6, 2012
lets see at work im on my feet for 8 hours a day welding converters together all day long, i learned how to properly weld the metals together management is terriable at work they are always on u to hurry up and make ur time when they raised the standards on all of the converters and it makes it impossiable to make time, my coworkers are great to work with they are fun to talk to and they help out with the knowledge of weldin cause they been welding foe 5+ years, the hardest part of the job is dealing with my management and them writing us up for not being able to make time when they had the standards raised, the most enjoyable part of the job is when we go to break for lunch.
Pros
good job
Cons
bad management
pretty much a place to train for your next job
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  MechanicAugust 20, 2013
You wont get paid much, merit raises are at best nickle an dimes. Insurance is high and coverage leaves a lot to be desired. The work isn't bad and the co workers are great. It seems there is three managers for every 1 employee. Most of them have no work experience or want to do things for spite to the other managers to try and show there power. Most of them need to read up on business ethics and how to treat people with respect.
Pros
co workers, good training for a better paying job
Cons
pay, mis management, insurance costs
Hardworking, but very rewarding
Lawn Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Soap Lake, WAMarch 16, 2015
A typical day is helping customers with finding items or helping the cashiers bag groceries while they pass the items to me. I would also run out an get carts every other hour while another courtesy clerk helped with groceries. I learned that if you are a hard worker and willing to go the mile, then good things will happen to you. Management was understanding with my schedule since I am a full-time student. Most of the co-workers were very nice to me, but there was some that didn't care for me, but all work places have that, just have to deal with it. Hardest part of the job is getting there right after my classes were finished. Most enjoyable part of the job was being able to put smiles on the customers' faces.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
being relied on too much
Professional enviornment
Access Carriers (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 20, 2013
Access Carriers is contracted through Barnes-Jewish Hospital. My position is vital to the lab testing system of the hospital, we have assigned routes mapped out by management. Each route has checkpoints set up where we collect the lab samples that need to go to the lab. I have learned small things about about blood and plasma, how they work in our body and what the hospital uses it for. I have learned to better recognize how the hospital is run. I have met a lot of people different people from all walks of life. Diversity is something that I enjoy in my everyday life. I have seen all the body fluids humans can produce so this job is not for someone with a weak stomach.
Pros
set schedule, flexible hours, working the graveyard shift, working independently, great co-workers, cool job.
Cons
limited hours available, wears on the body, no advancement.
Spend time outside
Nanny and Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Bedford, NYJuly 2, 2015
I stared working for this family as a housecleaning ones a week whit my mother, after a couple months I became a housekeeper/nanny,Work 8 hours a day, Monday to Friday, babysitting every Thursday nite and weekend wen needs. Mornings take care cleaning and laundry, organize. And afternoons pick up kids from school, cook dinner everyday. I have a very good time at this jobs whit the kids, great kids, was my enjoyable moments whit this family. That hardest part was my communication whit my boss. My ingles the time was poor. I Learned a lot in all senses.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Breaks wen I need. Usually 30 min lunch and 15 min break
Fast paced workplace
Temporary Associate (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALJuly 16, 2015
I enjoyed working for Wal-Mart. I gained knowledge of operating cash registers, the responsibility of handle monetary transactions and friendly consumer interactions.
Medical Billing
Quality Manager (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZMay 14, 2014
This is a great place to work for college students. It is extremely flexible and the work isn't too taxing. There are opportunities for managing programs and workloads. The hardest part of the job is that it can be quite tedious. The most enjoyable part of the job is the close collaboration and team work.
Pros
very flexible hours
Cons
very limited promotions available
Productive employer; good hours
Dump Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Jefferson County, TNFebruary 4, 2015
A typical day at work consisted of hauling multiple loads of rock, sand, gravel, asphalt or ore to help stabilize land developments including roads and highways. The hardest part of the job was having to shovel asphalt from the truck bed after a day of hauling. The most enjoyable part was being able to see the natural landscape of the state.
ok company use to be better
dsp (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, paAugust 13, 2014
It was a good experience, however when they started hirirng alot ot younger people work ethic declined. Though providing for my individuals was always number 1.
Pros
some good people
Cons
lacking management
Great People
Chief of Staff / Project Manager/ Editor-in-Chief (Former Employee) –  augusta, gaJune 9, 2014
You need to be able to do it all working here and they are awesome. you will love the place and the people
Pros
culture
Cons
pay
Good job, assisting a seasoned Film Editor
Assistant Film Editor (Former Employee) –  Calabasas, CaJune 25, 2012
Working on Walker, Texas Ranger was a good experience in that I was able to assist and work with an older editor who ad very little experience working with electronic equipment. I had to work very closely with him helping him to use the editing equipment.
Pros
i loved working with my editor.
Cons
the commute to the job was long
A Great Place To Work
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCDecember 20, 2013
A great place to work is one which you trust the people you work for, have pride in what you do, and enjoy the people you work with. Walker & Company provided me with this and more.
Pros
excellent restaurants and shops to visit nearby during your lunch break.
Cons
no cons.
Good company
Accounts Manager (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 15, 2014
Enjoyed working for the company. Not much room for growth for me, but overall a good place to work.
Filled orders
Warehouse attendant (Former Employee) –  Harrisonburg, VAJanuary 24, 2014
Filled orders for car exhaust pipes for this company. Also did various other duties that was required.
Pros
exiting job
Cons
3rd shift on weekends
awesome
Walker (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORMarch 4, 2014
Great people, I loved working with ai portland. Helped me grow and learn about the importance of a position.
Enjoyed the legal field and learned a lot.
Legal Secretary/Legal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LAApril 7, 2014
Follow-ups and client interaction was a wonderful atmosphere at this job.