The Walla Walla Foundry is seeking an Assistant to provide administrative and technical support for the Foundry’s President. The Foundry, which has 115 employees, produces contemporary fine art in bronze, aluminum, stainless and mild steel, as well as a variety of composite materials, for internationally known artists. Additional information about the Foundry is available at www.wallawallafoundry.com. Hours for the position are 7:00 a.m. - 3:30 p.m. Some overtime may be required. The Foundry offers a generous benefits package after three months of employment.
- Work closely and pro-actively with the President and Managers on a wide variety of sculpture projects.
- Provide administrative support to the President, including scheduling, responding to email, making travel arrangements, handling travel expenses, etc.
- Provide technical support by tracking and providing electronic documentation (visual, data) of all projects in the Foundry’s archival/project database, including photography, video documentation, Photoshop, etc.
- Work effectively and collaboratively with Foundry staff, clients, and vendors.
- Communicate and coordinate with Foundry clients on production and installation processes as assigned.
- Coordinate purchasing of production materials for the Department.
REQUIRED/DESIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Experience working in an administrative support position, preferably in an art, gallery or construction related environment.
- Strong technical aptitude. Advanced skills in Microsoft Word, Excel and Photoshop required.
- Knowledge of production materials and terminology a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in arts related field preferred.
- Experience/training in electronic archival procedures a plus.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Highly organized with keen attention to detail.
- Self motivated and able to work independently with little supervision. Resourceful with creative problem solving ability.
- Ability to be flexible and work effectively in a fast paced environment with rapidly changing priorities and timelines.
Indeed - 23 months ago