Wallenius Wilhelmsen Logistics Employee Reviews

Quality Auditor (Current Employee) –  Smyrna, TNOctober 21, 2015
Good management, nice people, lots of over time. Easy to meet people, big company, lots of benifits=============================
Pros
Good people
Cons
short breaks
Good place
Quality Assurance Supervisor - 2013 (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, INSeptember 16, 2015
Very nice place to work at. It was in the process of being bought out it was not very stable at the time so i decided to move on.
Typical work Day
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VAJuly 13, 2015
I would oversee all aspect of operations from arranging meeting with the Port Authorizes to planning the vehicle processing. I would review all work done to vehicles and arrange transportation to dealers. Manage the operation of the Vehicle Processing Center processing center buildings for Nissan and Subaru vehicle.
Good place to work but does have some deficiencies..Favoritism of one group of workers over all the rest is biggest issue.
Team Leader Production/Quality (Current Employee) –  Lafayette IndianaMay 16, 2015
First I check for any Quality Issues then help to ensure a smooth start to the production day, help with any production needs during the day along with Quality checks.
Fun enviroment
Vehicle Processor (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNMay 13, 2015
The job is very easy once learned, its outdoors job mostly, pretty much you get dropped off at a car by the shuttle driver, read work order on the car and accessorize what needs to be done to the car, then after thats done its then taken to shipping point in the yard at whatever location it needs to be. Co- workers are friendly and easy to get along with, management not very friendly at times. But I do work with the customers {Volkswagen} in the the plant, printing out the paperwork for the new cars we are receiving and putting the booklets in the glove box. Also we use hand held scanners to scan items in for the cars and location on the car.
Independent work environment.
Vehicle Processor Specialist (Former Employee) –  Canton, MSMay 12, 2015
Work was most likely consistent. Trained for production and distributing vehicles. As long as everyone worked together and played their part it was a productive and easy work day.
Very fun place to work in
Installer Technician (Former Employee) –  Canton, MSApril 2, 2015
This is a well productive place and also safe place to be. The ability to maintain a positive attitude was very important to the work environment. Being a trained technician and also training others was an exciting adventure of this employment
Pros
bonus checks
Cons
food was unexceptable
Productive place and friendly people
Operations (Current Employee) –  Canton, MSFebruary 19, 2015
The challenging part of my job was getting use to answering hundreds emails a day, but all those emails allowed me to interact with many people and also make new associates.
Pros
friendly enviornment
Cons
need more leadership
very good environment
Vehicle operater (Current Employee) –  Canton, MSAugust 24, 2014
I install lights, bluetooths, etc on nissan vehicles. i work with very helpful people.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
short breaks
A laid back environment focused on efficiency
Distribution Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Greensburg, INAugust 20, 2014
A typical day at work includes preparing vehicles to distribute to certain areas for transportation. After the vehicles are labeled and prepared, we transport them to their designated areas for future distribution by train or truck. From doing this, I have learned a lot about distribution of products from certain companies and the means of transportation. I have also learned different ways of communication with different personalities from a variety of coworkers. The most challenging part of my job is creating and organizing ways to improve efficiency of the teams. Although it can also be the most enjoyable part. It is a mental challenge at times which is rewarding.
Pros
great benefits and descent pay
Cons
working outside, you must work through all weather types
Fast-paced environment.
Distribution Vehicle Processor (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJune 15, 2014
My workday consists of ten or eleven hours a day; four, five or six days a week. Around 325 vehicles are moved from the plant to locations for shipment. Some of the vehicles required accessories before shipping.
I also train any new employees that are to be drivers.
Pros
great group of people.
Cons
work-life balance; short notification on overtime.
Very hot in the summer extremely cold in the winter
Vehicle Specialist (Current Employee) –  Canton, MSJune 10, 2014
No central air, very uncomfortable environment to work in.
Great place to work if you dont mind seasonal work
Installation Technician (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, CAJune 2, 2014
Great place to work with great benefit. Work is seasonal so breaks can last from 4 weeks to 10 weeks with no work.
benefits
Cons
seasonal
Love working with my team members, management and peers.
Distribution Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Canton, MSMay 14, 2014
A typical day at work would be 105 mph down the freeway in a Corvette with a drop top convertible.
Since working in logistics I have learned a lot about the Shipping Industry.
Management team we have at WWL very knowledgeable of the shipping industry and has a lot to offer to new employed management team.
My co-workers are the best and hardest working people I ever worked with.
The hardest part of my job is their is not enough time in the day because theirs always something to do.
I enjoy working for this company because it has challenge me like no other employer.
Pros
company outing and free luncheon
Cons
short breaks
Ineffective Management
Mamagememt (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, INMarch 28, 2014
Not a team environment whatsoever. Benefits are good. Pay is not unless you are buddies with the right people.
Pros
benefits, clean for a.factory environment.
Cons
no culture or diversity initiatives, teaming is not present despite what they try to sell you in the interview.
Fun, Easy Job with Great Benefits
Versatility Specialist I (Current Employee) –  Smyrna, TNMarch 16, 2014
WWL offers good paying jobs with some chances of advancement. they have a very comprehensive benefits package. Only complaint is some people in charge shouldn't be.
Very fun and interesting job.
Cargo Management (Former Employee) –  Galveston, TXJanuary 14, 2014
I greatly enjoyed my time at WWL. I do miss the people that I worked with all over the world.
Pros
interesting
Cons
experience taken for granted
Its a good job.
Vehicle Operater (Current Employee) –  Canton, MSJanuary 8, 2014
Its a all around good job but we are sent home everyday from lack of work.
Pros
good money
Cons
lack of work
Great job if you like to learn new things about cars.
Installer (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDDecember 23, 2013
Management and HR is the worst. Keeping employees is like a revolving door.
Pros
good benefits, discounts
Cons
short breaks, hours to long, no room to grow
Easy going environment
Financial Analyst (Consultant) (Former Employee) –  Woodcliff Lakes, NJDecember 3, 2013
Great company to work for. Learned a lot from the department that I worked in. Co-workers are friendly and helpful.