Wallick Communities Employee Reviews

Job until better comes along
Maintenance (Former Employee) –  OhioSeptember 2, 2017
Property manager and myself did what we could/allowed,budget amounts were miniscule at best,miracles were expected/demanded.Facility underwent major renovation during my employed time,but issues with plumbing/electric were "buried" under the "pretty's"
Pros
Christmas staff party
Cons
Plenty
Horrible Company to work for
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  IndianaAugust 8, 2017
Company owners firmly believe that Wallick is the best company to work for. They are the 2nd worst company I've ever been employed by. Turnover rate is extremely high. Within the first year of employment, I had 4 different supervisors. The company has very poor training available. When attempting to get questions answered, an employee either gets no answer, a wrong answer, or an "I don't know.' Long hours were worked with no recognition. But, they are quick to tell you what you are doing wrong. Corporate admits they do not know what is going on at the site level, yet rarely visits sites and sets unattainable goals. They do not listen to their employees and their concerns. Benefits are awful. Extremely high deductibles and high co-pays. Cheap paying company! If you're looking to support a family, look elsewhere. Just don't do it.
Pros
Amount of paid time off is nice
Cons
Everything else
Assistant Community Manager (Current Employee) –  Peoria ILJuly 29, 2017
Wallick Communities is a great place to work. The story behind the founding of the company is to be praised. The Wallick Family are very sound caring individuals but there are individuals representing them that are not of favor..
Can be a good place to work if willing to work hard
P/C,housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHJuly 6, 2017
This can be a good place to work but you will work hard and if not prepared for that then don't bother applying.Ive been with them since they opened in Toledo their new dementia building and love all of the residents and have some good work friends too.The ones that don't last are usually the ones who don't like following the rules and expect management to cater to their schedule.Employees are given plenty of chances and time to work things out,more then I think they should and they still complain about the schedule.Well if they did what they should've (show up on time,in uniform,and ready to work) they probably would've gotten more hours.No,it's not a perfect job,or perfect place but can be very rewarding.I have bad days too,but don't we all!
Pros
Good benefits, nice environment
Cons
Not enough help at times
Great place to work for!
Human Resources Intern (Former Employee) –  Reynoldsburg, OHJuly 3, 2017
I loved working with Wallick Communities. My manager was very nice and easy going. The hours were perfect for me during that time, as I was a student in school.
Pros
The flexible hours
Cons
The pay
terrible place to work
PCA Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHJune 22, 2017
management unfair everyone's friends and always short staff. you have people who wants to work get no days and people who don't want to work all the days
Amazing Company
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Amelia, OhioJune 9, 2017
I am not sure if there is enough words to describe how amazing of a company Wallick is. Work/Life balance is great, they have training opportunities out the wazoo! Seriously, you only have yourself to blame if you feel under trained as an employee of Wallick. You are your own "driver" with them. You just need to pay attention to the website and training available and sign yourself up, only suggestion I would make is to allow some of the training to also be made available at your Cincinnati Office instead of just at corporate office in Columbus so it is more easily accessible to those who live around Cincinnnati. Advancement opportunities are available but most would have required a relocation. Insurance wasn't the best.
Pros
Training galore, a real opportunity to advance your knowledge of the field
Cons
Insurance coverage
Wonderful Company
Employee (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OhioMay 2, 2017
I have been with the company almost a year now and I think it is a wonderful company! The health benefits and PTO are amazing and incredibly generous . I am hopeful that this will be the company I work for and hope to retire from here!
The staff are all here for the right reasons; to help the residents and make sure they have a great home here. The employees, residents and the families make this the best place I have ever worked in my 30 year career.
If you are looking for a great place to work, grow and you have a caring, positive attitude this could be the place for you! :)
Pros
Staff, Residents, Paid Time Off
Horrible
PCA (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMay 1, 2017
Awful place higher up is horrible ran all employees off lost a good staff this place is known by The Ashford they hire anyone of the streets to take care of the elderly
No diversity
Communications Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHMarch 5, 2017
I worked with this company for over 6 yrs. Unecessary stress due to upper management making employees feel incompetent and unproductive. It's all a blame game, very back biting. Would not recommend this company for employment.
Benefits
Cons
Upper management

Want to know more about Wallick Communities?

Ask a question
Unorganized/ poor management
Manager (Former Employee) –  OhioFebruary 24, 2017
Dog chasing it tail type of b u isness, being ran, alot of untrained individual with huge egos and chips on their shoulders. Company has very little diversity,no stability or a sense of growth...you have to watch your back there which is pretty sad no sense of team work. Everyone out for themselves or to get someone. Alot of big ideas but no investment in people. Would not recommended anyone to leave there current to work here.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Breaks
great place to work with awesome benefits
LPN (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHJanuary 28, 2017
This place is not your typical nursing home.It is more like assisted living.The pay for nurses is higher amongst most places in the Toledo area, the work isn't extenuating. With that being said you have more time to spend with the residents.This is the best place that I have worked.I can honestly say I love my job.
Pros
Free meals, great benefits, work enviornment
Cons
none yet
A wonderful company
Assistant Community Manager (Current Employee) –  Augusta, KYJanuary 25, 2017
Wallick communities is a wonderful place to work. The upper management is understanding and compassionate towards their employees. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to work closely with the diverse residents within the communities.
Pros
Paid holidays, paid personal leave, vacation, and 410K
Previous Employee as Market Rate Agent
Leasing/ Marketing (Former Employee) –  Reynoldsburg, OHJanuary 21, 2017
Please note the reason I rated Management as a 2 , because property manager who worked at the property was let go by upper management for insubordination. The replacement was about the same as far as work ethic.
The upper management was amazing, the company itself was one of the second best in the industry that I have had. Work balance and gift of time was one of the best incentives ever. If you wanted room for forward growth it certainly was there. Hardest part of this job was to hold down the fort in the process of property sale and termination of property management,
Pros
growth
Cons
Time clock system mal function.
Great people, great benefits and perks, typical office politics
Advertising and Marketing Assistant/Designer (Former Employee) –  Reynoldsburg, OHJanuary 2, 2017
The best part of the job was the fellow associates. Friendly, inviting and relaxed. A big company with small company environment. Hardest part was deadlines and dealing with last minute changes/decisions. Great benefits and perks.
Pros
Free lunch often, gift of time holidays, great insurance plan, great associates
Cons
senior management, corporate restructuring, lower end of pay scale for field
Loved my time here!
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHNovember 17, 2016
Working for Wallick was the most wonderful job I have had. After having my son I decided to take a year off because he was not in the best of health. If it weren't for that, I'd 100% still be with Wallick. Great job!
Pros
Family first, great benefits, hands off approach
Maintenance
Maintenance (Current Employee) –  OhioNovember 5, 2016
Management ruled by fear and intimidation HR scared of employees upper management will stab you in the back and throw you under the bus worst company to work for would never recommend them to anyone
I've been told to get rid of people was told that in my interview for my job position
Pros
Time off vacation
Cons
Everything else
An opportunity missed
Assistant property manager (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHOctober 7, 2016
I wasn't with Wallick Communities long enough to review them properly. The training I was provided was great and certainly a company I would have loved to continued doing business.