Walmart Inc

Walmart Inc Employer Reviews

NON positive work place
Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee), oxnard, californiaJanuary 8, 2015
Pros: my cashiers and floor associates we keep each other positive .
Cons: store manager, lack of support withing other managers
typical day at work was no associates to work the floor leaving morning supervisors with a situation with no help. No positive feed back from store manager.
My Experience with Walmart
Produce Associate (Current Employee), Flower Mound, TXDecember 31, 2014
Cons: poor management and lowsy benefits.
Walmart is a job. Management is a bunch of brain washed robots. I learned a little from the first store. I knew and know more than the my first managers and more than my current managers. They aren't willing to do things to benefit themselves and the company. The hardest part of the job, is working with people in particular management, that won't listen to complaints and suggestions. The most enjoyable part is working and causing the store to look inviting and presentable to the public.
It is a balance of patience, timeframes, achievements and creativity
Department Manager (Current Employee), Raleigh, NCDecember 22, 2014
Teaches us a lot of patience while doing customer service which also motivates us to be more productive as there are timeframes within which a task has to be completed. Still each store gives it's employees scope for creativity in their respective departments and respects ideas and thoughts.
fun working with walmart
cashier (Current Employee), Garfield, NJDecember 21, 2014
Cons: a lot of benefits
interactive associates,great management.the difficult part is management not considering your plight
I really loved this job
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee), Thomasville, NCDecember 18, 2014
Pros: in the beginning it was great
Cons: management, understanding life outside of work, cut of hours with no notice
When I first started Wal-Mart, I loved my job and the people I worked with and for. I couldn't have asked for a better job, as management began to change work for the company started to change as well. When I left, I had just had a baby and they had cut my hours back to 6 hours a week typically. Which really wasn't even worth the drive to work, because paying for a sitter and gas was costing me more than I made.
It depends which location you work at
Department Mangaer (Former Employee), Thornton, CODecember 11, 2014
Pros: benefits, flexible hours, reasonable accomodation
Cons: no communication, lack of manager support, lack of backing company policies
My time in Walmart was great at first until I gotten to know more about management better and how they ran things along with the associates who didn't seem to take pride in their work and are there for just a paycheck. The hardest part about the job was trying to finish projects or tasks before the end of your shift and usually the store I worked at had rushes every day between 11 am to 3 pm. The most enjoyable part about the job is when things go smoothly and all there is left to do is clock out.
Working money for college
Associate (Former Employee), Frederick, MDDecember 1, 2014
Pros: meeting different people
Cons: manaegement had a high turn around
meeting and greeting customers, Customer service. Processing cash transaction and returns. Handled disgruntled customers
Fast pace automsphere with wide range of diversity
Zone Merchandising Supervisor (Former Employee), IowaNovember 20, 2014
A typical day at work started off with a management meeting about the days to dos followed by me touring my areas and assigning daily tasks or notes to the department managers. I spent my day working on my own notes given by management and then throughout the day I followed up with my associates to make sure they were completing their tasks efficiently and within a timely manner.
Fun work place
ICS Associate (Former Employee), Willow Grove, PANovember 20, 2014
Pros: fun, pleasurable
Cons: health benifits
I lloved working here.It was always a pleasure to go into work everyday. The people are great. The only thing i can say i didnt like was the benefits, they were not so great.
n/a
Department Manager (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZNovember 9, 2014
My day at work included reviewing department employees schedules, reviewing pending orders, reviewing backroom for backstock, making sure sales floor was full.
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee), Joliet, ILNovember 7, 2014
Okay company to work for. Very busy and not a lot of work life balance.
True Wage Slave
Inventory Control Clerk (Former Employee), YoungstownNovember 6, 2014
Pros: job security
Cons: evil management, terrible hours
This was the worst job I had ever worked. I worked nights as a stocker and you better be a night owl. I would get home, sleep, and immediately go back to work. I barely had a life outside of work and I only worked 32 hours a week. My coworkers all only worked this job because nowhere else had the job security. They were all mostly defeated by life and management knew this. Management treated us like we were worthless, propaganda was everywhere, you mention the word 'union' and they would likely fire you, etc...
Eventful
cashier/cart pusher (Former Employee), Lansing MichiganNovember 6, 2014
Work was always busy but it was alright mostly. I am not sure how I liked working with Walmart as my passion has always been in home health care.
Love Walmart
Title Cashier (Former Employee), Moncks Corner, SCNovember 6, 2014
Pros: fun job
I enjoyed working with the company, after an injury I had to leave, if I could do the lifting I would have never left but due to the medical condition I am not able to give 100%.
Love working with the public
productive and fun workplace with great people
DEPARTMENT MANAGER (Former Employee), Clarence nyNovember 4, 2014
zoned and re-shop merchandise
checked inventory on a daily basis
Cashier (Former Employee), Rancho CordovaNovember 3, 2014
Great work place went in clocked in they tell you where to log in to start ringing up customers, made sure you took all your breaks and they had great training, they made sure you felt comfortable when you were by yourself
It was work
Sales associate (Current Employee), Springville, UTOctober 18, 2014
It was a job and it helped me for what i needed for the time being
Can be fun if you make it!
Consumable Sales Associate (Current Employee), Great Bend, KSOctober 12, 2014
Pros: lunches, flexibility
Cons: strict attendance, short breaks, poor attitude in some parts of the store.
A typical day can be from one side of the store to the next to accomplish what needs to be done.
I have learned that in order to be at this job you need to be flexible and deal with situations that arise.
Management can very from store to store the management in the store I was employed by was good and treated you as a person.
Co workers can be have poor or good based on their attitude.
The hardest part of the job is the poor attitude generally in most of the stores.
Its enjoyable if your a optimistic and find the fun in the job. getting to do multiple tasks at once is fun given the time.
productive work environment
Overnight stock Associate (Former Employee), Islandia, NYOctober 9, 2014
working here gave me drive,motive,and skill
i learned so much about management and shipping and receiving and product.
Challenging place to work
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Turnersville, NJOctober 3, 2014
Learned valuable customer service skills and people management techniques.

1 2 3 4 5