WalMart Neighborhood Market

WalMart Neighborhood Market Employer Reviews

Great Management
Freight Worker (Former Employee), West Valley City, UTFebruary 13, 2015
Its a small 4 unit complex so maintence was easy. Hours were very flexible and easy to work with another job. Overall a good part time job
Nice people, great management
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Blue Springs, MOFebruary 5, 2015
Pros: nice friendly people
Cons: low pay and not very associate friendly company
The people I work with in the pharmacy were some of the best people I've worked with, and the Pharmacist and pharmacy manger very nice and professional, the store manager was also very nice to work for.
Exactly what you think it is.
Overnight Shelf Stocker Dairy/Frozen (Former Employee), Lawton, OKFebruary 1, 2015
Pros: 10% discount after 6 months
Cons: you work at walmart
For and overnight stocker, your night begins with a quick meeting where sales figures are discussed as well as the literal song and dance routine to attempt to incorporate you into the Walmart atmosphere. That's where the fun ends.

From the get go you are rushed to your assigned area where you must quickly take apart pallets while keeping your boxes neatly organized. Studies and algorithms have done the calculations and know just how fast that you should be moving, the only trouble is that there are too many variables at play. It would be one thing if help was brought when you were slow, but that's not what happens. You get written up instead. This can have a huge affect on your ability to be promoted, change shifts, or transfer stores.

Coworkers seem to be an equal mix of individuals who have egos, which are inexplicably inflated for where they have ended up in life, to the run of the mill doped up youth who are more concerned about the phone buzzing in their pocket than for anything else.

There is nothing enjoyable about this job. To change your life and work on nights for pennies more than minimum wage is an absolute joke.
virtual environment
Cash Office Associate (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: there is alot of room for advancement if your interest in the grocery / retail business
I have been with the company 1 yr and I am very pleased. I work my 16 hrs on the weekend, since this I work parttime for Walmart. I work at my pace with very minimal interruptions.
Co-workers are very friendly towards me and respect me for my position. The hardest part would be having to leave once my work is done and I have not met my 8 hrs.. The most enjoyable about my job, is my making sure my job is done and balanced by the end of my shift. This job is very easy to have if you love working with numbers and balancing, totals, etc..
Walmart
Personnel and Training Coordinator (Former Employee), Oviedo, FLJanuary 26, 2015
Great place to work. Great opportunities over the last 12 years.
Busy place to work with a family atmosphere.
Cashier/Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Mandeville, LAJanuary 23, 2015
Everything from other employees to customers made this job enjoyable and full of surprises. Management was willing to get out there and get their hands dirty so to speak right beside the rest of us.
A great place to grow.
Customer Service Support Supervisor (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: learning different things
Cons: patience
I learned a lot working for Walmart. I learned how to open and close the front end of the store. The management team makes my job easy because the are very understanding and helpful. I enjoy going to work because I learn new things everyday.
I ENJOYED WORKING THERE
Inventory Management Specialist (Former Employee), Wichita, KSJanuary 20, 2015
I ENJOYED WORKING THERE ALTHO LABOR TO WAGE RATIO WAS EXTREMELY OFF
Challenging
Lead Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), Mesa, AZJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: if sales are met, bonuses are given every quarter..
Cons: stressful, lots of micro-mananging, you can't really move up in the company.
You never really catch a break. It's constant moving around and lots of interaction with customers/patients. My coworkers were pretty awesome. I learned an incredible amount of things that I am really blessed for.
I really do not know what to say.
Resident Assistant (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVJanuary 7, 2015
Cons: people were not willing to answer questions.
I was only trained on a computer. I really did not like the job.
Very busy and under staffed work place
sal (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CADecember 29, 2014
Pros: i leared a lot about pricing, merchandising and customer serivce
Cons: not many associates so the work load was heavy some day
A typical day consisted of me covering my department which was the garden, price checking, zoning, cleaning, customer service, site to store carry outs. I also closed and covered other departments a lot like the auto department and stationary being that they were close to my department.
warm and caring environment
Inventory Management Specialist (Current Employee), Hawthorne, CADecember 26, 2014
a typical day at work is going in doing my daily audits ,picks for inventory in the system ,taking in some vendors checking in merchandise,and sending things out to be stocked.i learn that there is a such thing as a second family because my manger treats us all as if we are his family.my coworkers are all like one big family.the hardest part of my job would be when thing are sometimes rushed .the most enjoyable part of my job is laughing and joking around with my coworkers.
good job
Cashier/Customer Service,superviser (Current Employee), Vacaville, CADecember 6, 2014
i liked it but need to move on so i can better my self and move up in the company
fun and easy place to work
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee), Springfield, MODecember 6, 2014
Pros: coworkers, discount, managemnt
Cons: pay, hours
Great coworkers and fun environment. Not easy to move up in the company and not great pay
Interesting
Overnight Stocking (Former Employee), Lacey, WADecember 3, 2014
Pros: hour long lunch brakes
Cons: uncreative
I learned how to stock products quickly & productively. My co-workers were nice but one of the managers was rude at times. The hardest part was making sure products were on the shelves daily. The most enjoyable was meeting new people
Good people to work for
Cashier/Sales (Former Employee), Rogers, ARNovember 17, 2014
Pros: good people to work for and with
Cons: hard on the back and feet
I really liked working as a cashier and had a good amount of friends at this job. They were very patient when trainng me and I got along with the customers very well. However I had a problem standing stooped over checking customers out and could hardly get out of my car when I went home. I guess I was a bit old for this active job. I have a new respect for cashiers now as this is a very skilled job.
Good college level job
Overnight Stock Person (Former Employee), Springfield, MONovember 17, 2014
Pros: consitent hours, and easy to work with.
Cons: not too many benefits.
Working nights at walmart made it easier to complete college assignments. I had most of my day time free and made a very decent wage for working late. The hours were good and schedule flexible, but I wouldn't recommend making a career out of this job. It's good money for college students but anyone working at walmart should strive to achieve more in life.
Productive with Maintenance
Maintenance Associate (Current Employee), Rancho Santa Margarita, CANovember 16, 2014
Present responsible for maintaining cleanliness of store, food storage areas, floors, performing basic reapirs and following product safety and sanitation guidelines. Ulilize pallet jack to move food merchandise from back stockroom to sales floor area. Correct all unsafe conditions that could cause associate or customer accidents, report unsafe equipment and repairs or maintenance needed.
night shift does all the work very stressful
Overnight Dry Grocery, Meats Stocker (Current Employee), Bristol, CTNovember 14, 2014
i spend about 80 percent of my night in coolers or freezers getting my products ready to go to shelves making sure they stay as cool as possible and the best for our customers, and about 20 percent stocking shelves. I learned to work really fast and stay that way all night thanks to my Navy background. Management is ok the co-workers are the best part of the job we have a lot of fun together. Hardest part of the job is trying to get everything done in 8 hours when they expect to much from us. Most enjoyable part of the job is hanging with my co-workers during lunch and after shift.
Walmart
Overnight Fresh Sales Associate (Current Employee), Orlando, FLOctober 29, 2014
I be promoted to Overnight, I clean and keep the department in good shape day by day. I interact with my supervisor and management.

1 2 3 4 5