Walmart Employee Reviews

Found 91,389 reviews matching the search
Busy yet friendly environment
Overnight Cashier/Stocker (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAAugust 16, 2017
Start shift at 10 pm on register to help clear evening customers and prepare for stocking areas. Retrieve pallets of stock from warehouse and proceed to sales floor. Begin stocking shelves and maintain customer service throughout the night. Organize (zone) shelves to keep a neat and clean appearance to appeal to customers. Learned different attributes of the various departments and how to accentuate their strengths. Morale was at times very high and sometimes stressed during major events. The physical workout of bending and lifting was hardest but the reward was great customer satisfaction!
Pros
Flexible shifts
Cons
Costs of benefits versus pay
great start off job
Assist and take all the of the shipments (Former Employee) –  Fishers, INAugust 16, 2017
nice place to work at , especially for first time job , fun working environment, great staff and management, easy to work, and you leave everyday with a smile on your face knowing you help a customer or two each day
very hard work with so little pay
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  East Gadsden, ALAugust 16, 2017
Very little pay for very hard work. They cut your hours according to the season, but Walmart customers don't care what season it is, they are still going to shop. It's always busy. When they cut hours, it leave customers searching for an for help with a product. I like management at the particular Walmart I worked for and the employees. I just always felt bad for the struggle we were all going through to make ends meet....when obviously, Walmart isn't financially suffering.
Pros
20% discount on some things after 90 days.
Cons
too little pay for a lot of work
Productive workplace
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCAugust 16, 2017
A typical day in the work place was busy but laid back. I learned how to accurately process guests money transactions in all kinds of payment form, cash, debit/credit cards, vouchers and gift cards. Management team really didn't work together that well. There were the ones that worked very hard and then you had your slackers. The hardest part of my job was I worked really hard in the workplace and overtime and was always on time. However, when I lost child care they were not able to work with my schedule.
Great place to work for hard workers
Overnight Stocker (Current Employee) –  Henderson, NVAugust 16, 2017
Walmart has lots of jobs advancement. They are wiling to train. Employees are friendly. There are quartely bonuses. Holiday pay. Employee discounts. If you are a hard worker you will never be board.
Pros
Discounts, Bonuses.
Cons
Only annual raises
Fast pace and stressful work place
Food Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Canal Winchester, OHAugust 16, 2017
The typical day consist of reworking the freight that night shift leaves and tagging it to put in the bins and filling the milk. After that we usually look for out of dates and zone the department. Then we divide the department and start stocking with items from the cooler. The hardest part of the job is trying to keep up on the weekends when we are busy. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with my department manager, she is really nice and teaches me the different things she has to do as a department manager.
Awful place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Cary, NCAugust 16, 2017
Poor management
Mistreats employees
Cuts hours without warning
Rude to customers
Does not follow company policies

Walmart by far is the worst company I have ever worked. Management is awful, associates are unappreciated and mistreated. Management gives impossible work tasks with absolutely unattainable expectations. They consistently go against company policies and work ethics. I strongly recommend not to work for this company.
jewelry
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Jonesboro, ARAugust 16, 2017
I worked in the jewelry department,. my most favorite part was getting to try on all the pretty rings. But what really made my day was when i give the customer the best possible time at shopping.
Walmart experience
Deli Associate (Former Employee) –  Lowville, NY 13367August 16, 2017
Working at Walmart was expectable as a temporary job. Management was average and a was valued. Unfortunately there was very little opportunity for advancement. The hours worked was also not well managed. The rate of pay for the level of work was not acceptable, either.
Room for advancement
Group Lead (Former Employee) –  Bentonville, ARAugust 16, 2017
There was plenty of room for advancement within the company. They offered classes to improve your skills and education as well. Not a bad place to work.
Stepping stone
Cashier/Service Desk Associate (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHAugust 16, 2017
Its a good place to get yourself up and running for your independence. But it's not a place that you want to permanently stay employed with for too long or you'll be stuck.
Love it
Overnight Stocker (Former Employee) –  Anderson, CAAugust 16, 2017
Loved working for Walmart. I had to leave because I had no transportation to work. They take care of their employees. I like the fact that they work with you on your hours.
Got to work with and help alot of people
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fontana, CAAugust 16, 2017
Enjoyed working and helping people find what they were looking for. Really liked stocking the shelf and seeing products that I would have never thought to look for.
Productive and fast
Floor Technician/Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 16, 2017
I cleaned and stripped and wax the floors . My coworkers were great . The best part of my job is completing my task and getting a thumbs up from management
Pros
Stock options and discounts
Cons
Some supervisors dont lead well
Not the best place to work.
Produce Associate (Former Employee) –  Albany, GAAugust 16, 2017
The managers at this company really do not care about the employees. They over work you and don't have good communication skills. It would be a great place to work for someone who just wants a job for high school.
Pros
N/a
Cons
Horrible communication.
assocaites
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Slidell, LAAugust 16, 2017
This company has great benefits but the way the manager treats her associates not good. She gives your one task to do and before you turn around she is saying are you done yet.
Department Store Setting
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Hudson, WI 54016August 16, 2017
Low morale among employees. Management doesn't want to hear about problems with other employees not following procedures on main floor. We spend a lot of time fixing mistakes that other shifts do, and if brought to management we are told that we created the problem to cover our own mistakes. WHAT?? No help there. You are on your own. The good thing is the company raised wages, the bad thing is that it cost so much for health, dental, 401k, etc. After all that, you still can't live on that wage.
Pros
1-hour lunches, accrued vacation, Nine days for sick/personal/tardy
Cons
You work every major holiday, mandatory. Benefits are expensive
I love Stocking and the people I worked with
Overnight Stocking (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 16, 2017
Walmart is a good place I really enjoyed the work that I did there. But some of the supervisors have there picks and chooses which. Is not right I just deal with it.
Pros
Long breaks
Cons
No advancement
fun but rude
Retail and Receiving- Cap 2 (Former Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARAugust 16, 2017
I enjoyed my direct co workers but other than that the supervisor was rude and disciplined me in front of all the other associates. it was humiliating and made me sad.
n/a
Shoe Department Associate (Former Employee) –  Black River Falls, WIAugust 16, 2017
This was the worst place I have ever worked. employees were not treated good and there was not any good benefits. it would be okay for a part time job.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Walmart. Our community is ready to answer.