Walmart
47,343 reviews

Walmart Employee Reviews

good
Receiving Associate (Former Employee), Fresno, CAMay 28, 2015
The most enjoyable part of the job is doing a good job well done with the teammates. I learned how to off load trucks, stocks and pick merchandise. Management and co workers are very friendly. The hardest of the job is when you don't know any other departments beside your own department.
fun job
Cashier (Former Employee), Tucson, AZMay 28, 2015
Pros: free cookie
Cons: rude management
I learned how to handle many different costumers from all walks of life.
Cashing checks, making money orders, sending and receiving money and checking out was part of my job.
I made some really cool friends there.
Lots of job advancement
Shop Supervisor (Former Employee), Plover WI.May 28, 2015
Pros: great associates to work with
Cons: Salaried managers were not supportive
Was a very fast paced work environment. The hourly associates were great to work with. I learned alot about managing a wide variety of people and personalities. The hardest part of my job was dealing with the salaried supervisors to get any kind of support for my department.
Fun with Purpose!
Grocery Manager (Current Employee), Crestwood ,IlMay 27, 2015
Pros: Dealing with the public
Cons: politics
My day starts at 5:00 am I am responsible for daily meat shipments getting to sales floor.I also do markdowns dealing with all kinds of meat fresh,frozen and seafood. dealing with customers Is Awesome.
It's work
Cashier (Former Employee), Duarte, CAMay 27, 2015
Pros: co-workers potentially become friends
Cons: Too many managers
It's always busy which is a good things since being busy makes the day go by faster. However, there are way to many managers to answer to.
Good associates mostly
Inventory Control Specialist (Current Employee), Bonsack, VAMay 27, 2015
Pros: Hour lunch, good environment when working with other lower management or associates
Cons: Poor upper management communication.
Management is comprised mostly of whomever happens to be friends with upper management. Many people who advanced have little or no idea how freight storage works when they are put in a position of direct management of a store department. Almost all the people I have personally worked with have been hard workers, but there have been bad employees ie. taking a 40 minute bathroom break then going to allotted 15 minute break, and typically do not get disciplined for said actions.
Not a big fan of the work ethics of this company.
Store Associate (Former Employee), Salem, ORMay 27, 2015
Pros: This is not a boring job.
Cons: The lack of management inter-action.
I would work overnight pilling pallet out of the warehouse area and down stack the pallets in the lanes. Then i would place the product on the shelves and rotate stock. Then rebuild the pallets with remaining product and place it back in the warehouse and clean up. I learned more about the product and the proper handling of said products. Management left much to be desired when the night manager would hand out assignments and then spend the rest of the night locked up in the office. I did how ever like the general manager who would spend time getting to know his employees. I made many friends in the co-workers. The hardest part of the job was the time allowed to get the job done. The most enjoyable was the friends I made.
It was a ok job to have while going to school.
Unloader/ Freight Processor (Former Employee), Sterling, ILMay 27, 2015
Pros: Pay was better than other companies in the area doing similar work.
Cons: Not flexible work schedule, long hours, and horrible management.
Would clock in, then had a start up meeting. After that, would hope on a lift and start the process of unloading trailers. Before the end of the shift, had to clean work area.
Not a family orientated work place
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Clearfield, PAMay 27, 2015
Do not like to work with employees enrolled in school or have families. Want employees to work in areas not trained for. Management isn't very friendly.
Exciting environment
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), Stafford, VAMay 27, 2015
Pros: fast paced, exciting, security
Cons: stressful
Walmart provided me with advancement and security i have never had at any other job. The environment is very fast paced and always exciting
Diverse company but difficult to move laterally or upward
Tax Accountant I (Former Employee), Bentonville, ARMay 27, 2015
Pros: Volunteering for shareholder week - meeting great people
Cons: Difficulty advancing or moving laterally
A typical day at Walmart really depends on what department/area you work in and varies greatly. I thought it would be easier to move around internally than it was. My favorite part of working there wasn't my daily job but volunteering each year during shareholder week when associates from all over the world descend on Bentonville.
Awesome job
Customer Service Manager (CSM) (Current Employee), Morehead City, NCMay 27, 2015
Pros: free lunch and or gift card
Cons: short breaks
Cashiers had to sell credit cards, donuts, and cookies. Who ever sold the most in a week, would get a free meal, and or gift card.
MY EXPERIENCE WORKING AT WALMART
People Greeter/Remodel Associate (Former Employee), Magnolia ArMay 27, 2015
Pros: Felt Appreciated
Cons: Short Breaks
my coworkers would say that i am a hard worker and that i take my job seriously and that i'm also very easy to get along with.I will help everybody that needs help and i'm also very handy, and also Available whenever you need me at work
In Stock Team Member (Former Employee), Piqua, OHMay 27, 2015
Pros: The education.
Cons: none that spring to mind.
I had fun working with the unique individuals at walmart it was truly and educational experience. The managers were professional and caring.
Responsible for making sure the customers were taken care of at cash register.
Wal-Mart Associate (Former Employee), Beavercreek, OHMay 27, 2015
Pros: Extensive customer service experience.
Cons: Low number of employees, not a lot of management help.
During my employment at Walmart, the cashiers were required to assisted customers with any store-related needs, as well as ringing them up at the cash registers. We were responsible for keeping our area clean and welcoming customers to a friendly store environment.
cool job
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Nashville, TNMay 27, 2015
was a pleasant workplace. the people and customers were easy to get along with as well. i'd recommend it to anyone who was looking for a job as a sales associate
fun fast paced enviroment
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Crowley, TXMay 27, 2015
Pros: More experience in the world
Cons: when customers wanted to argue over items
fun place where you are challenged with patience and your morals. the best day at work was when I was able to move around and shadow the CSM's and learn different positions. the worst day was dealing with rude customers. I loved the fact that I was able to have a set schedule and call in or be asked to come in to work!
Good summer job
CASHIER (Former Employee), Mount Olive, NCMay 27, 2015
Pros: hours
Cons: takes them awhile to rehire
Each summer they hire me on as a cashier.
Help me grow in customer service.
enjoyed my co workers.
Good hours
loves being a cashier
good part-time employment
Cake Decorator/Baker (Former Employee), Bay City, MIMay 27, 2015
Pros: you can pick the hours you want to work
Cons: management
Working for Walmart can be a great opportunity if it is a part-time job you are looking for, management can be a trial.although they will work around your schedule.
need to treat their people better
Overnight Support Manager (Current Employee), Mesa, AZMay 27, 2015
not always the best at walmart. heavy work loads and not alot of time to get the job done. need to treat the workers better.

1 2 3 4 5

About Walmart

Wal-Mart Stores, Inc., branded as Walmart since 2008 and Wal-Mart before then, is an American public multinational corporation – Read more

Walmart Salaries