Walmart Employee Reviews for Customer Service Representative

Like working in a factory
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Middletown, NYDecember 12, 2017
You're working with 100+ other people. Every Walmart is run like 3 stores--customer service, grocery/fresh food and inventory. You can get lost among the other employees.
Pros
lots of work to be done
Cons
management can't recognize hard work
Stressful
Customer Service/Sales (Former Employee) –  Ava, MODecember 12, 2017
Working at Walmart is a stressful job where the employers do not care much about their employees and the employees back stab each other to get to the top.
Do not treat employees fair for the hours worked
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Manassas, VADecember 11, 2017
This was by far one of my least favorite places of employment. Long hours, with very little compensation. The expectations are crazy high but you are not rewarded for a job well done. Management was only worried about making sure they looked good and hit their numbers, not about the employees. I would not recommend anyone work here unless they absolutely had to.
Pros
lunch breaks
Cons
long hours, poor benefits
Management stunk
Customer Service Rep, Cashier (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VADecember 11, 2017
Managers made up own rules and each only followed rules they wanted to. NO COMMUNICATION WHAT SO EVER. You'd here completely different things from each manager.
walmart
Customer service inbound (Former Employee) –  Bartlesville, OKDecember 11, 2017
good job hard work better then no job great pay team diverse need more breaks distribution center training and holiday pay strong safety meeting recommend for high energy workers
It Depends on the store
Stocker/Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Portales, NMDecember 11, 2017
The location determines imo, the experience you have my forst store was amazing great managers solid hours. ,y seco d one was not as pleasent an experience
Pros
Great starting pay for retail
Cons
Some managers and coworkers are awesome others are not
Better Pay
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Cocoa, FLDecember 11, 2017
It was a busy and experiencing work atmosphere. I enjoyed the people I worked with butI had to have a better pay. That's the reason that I left Walmart.
Pros
recognized employees
Cons
Needed more cashiers
Very lack and unprofessional “slavery”
Customer Service Representatives (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INDecember 11, 2017
This place is an absolute garbage location for any Walmart to be placed. You come into a huge mess due to management not enforcing or caring on overnight or second shift then WE get held accountable for all the carts and freight THEY leave. Management has to be the worst thing about this place. They hire fools who have either given up or didn’t have a care to begin with. And the store manager? Constantly has time off and never puts in any effort of his own to improve the store that HE represents. Atrocious.
Pros
They pay you.
Cons
Everything else.
Not a bad place to work.
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, ORDecember 11, 2017
The biggest problem I had was they kept throwing me around. They hired me on as an overnight cashier but I told them since I was in school I wasn’t able to do overnights and the interviewer told me they would get it fixed they just needed to hire new people, they never fixed it at all and was throwing me around everywhere doing different tasks and it just wasn’t working for me. No one was willing to help find a set position after many time a of me asking, even during my days off.
Easy yet stressful place to work.
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Pico Rivera, CADecember 10, 2017
Walmart recognized my hard work and rewarded me with full time and benefits. There are are days that salaried management get frustrated and take out frustration on hourly associates, especially during the holidays (black friday, christmas, etc.), Hardest part is when certain managers build a trust with particular associates and rely on them individually to do the work of three or more associates. The most enjoyable part was the fact that I learned a lot of skills.
Pros
Learn and experience
Cons
Lack of other employees to help.

Want to know more about Walmart?

Ask a question
Fun environment
Customer Service Manager/Accountant Associate (Former Employee) –  Lake Oswego, ORDecember 10, 2017
I enjoyed my time working at this Walmart. Management was good (for the most part), willing to work with me and flexible. Loved my cashiers and had fun!
Pros
Consistent breaks
Good management
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tomball, TXDecember 9, 2017
The management cares about their employees as long as it does not interfere with business. If your personal life starts to interfere then you start having problems at work. All in all Walmart is a good place to work in retail.
Enjoyed my coworkers
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INDecember 9, 2017
They are very understanding.
Great place to work with amazing coworkers.
Enjoyed the job and what I did.
Folding the clothes and reorganizing tables and racks were my favorite job to do.
Great Job
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, TNDecember 9, 2017
As a customer service associate, I had the opportunity to serve and provide customer service to the community. Great job, that teaches you the basics in providing outstanding customer service
customer service
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  MissouriDecember 9, 2017
stocking.. organizing... customer service ... Groceries stocking unloaders the only thing i liked about the job is that you stay busy. management was ok they help out when i needed them to .
Weren’t professional neither time I worked at Walmart
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PADecember 8, 2017
I had the worst experience working for Walmart and it was never I job I planned on turning into a career. They don’t make you feel comfortable or needed.
Employees work well together
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Pisgah Forest, NCDecember 8, 2017
Management needs to work better with employees that is the management at the time I worked there. The manager now seems well liked.need to give more hours to employees that need to work
Benefits
Cons
Won't allow more work hours
i enjoyed working at walmart but the management could be better they dont follow the guidelines that they make themselves
Customer Service Host (Current Employee) –  Mobile, ALDecember 8, 2017
its an ok place to work its getting bills paid I did not like all of the managers some of them did as they were supposed to but some didn't they didn't adhere to the rules.
my day at walmart
Customer Service Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Skowhegan, MEDecember 8, 2017
I go in at my time,, 5 pm,,person I am releving leaves at 5. no time to catch up on the day of whats going on. I have a line at the register, no help, a customer wants a 20 lb propane tank. have to walkie to get help,,,sometimes takes a long time, Next customer wants a ton of wood pellets,, Now I have to walkie for a spotter for the forklift and or a cashier. Not many have license for the forklift. I do. When thats done you have customers waiting inside for help., Try to calm them down as u tell the person that is runing the register thanks for the help, Now right back where I started from, Starts all over again. You cannot ;leave the main room where the register is AND you have to watch the door for theft,, when its busy. cannot do. I consider myself a real good problem solver, but when short on help and mangt does not care I have to bite my tongue. I have never blown up in front of a customer. Then finally the frieght comes down, Now have you have to stock and bin the stuff that does not fit on the shelves. Take care of garden center returns,, then trash and cardboard, getting the place ready for next day. MOST days impossible. Punch out got home. At the end of the day, I sit and reflect hoping I have helped some customers. I hate telling customers,, im sorry we dont have that, but you might try,,, then i name of a company down street, just so I know they got it.
Pros
making a customer smile
Cons
never having help
Northlake walmart sucks
friendly, and accurate customer service (Former Employee) –  Northlake, ILDecember 7, 2017
they make everything seem cool till the district managers come. Everybody is running around like a chicken with their head cut off and nobody has an answer for anything.. you beter off asking another associate for help because the managers are never anywhere to be found and they dont answer their walkies... worse 3 years of my life

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Walmart. Our community is ready to answer.