Walmart Employee Reviews in United States

Found 58,681 reviews matching the search
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Wichita Falls, TXJune 26, 2016
Walmart is a very busy and productive company to work for. I didn't like working there but its a great company. I worked night shift and it sucked.
Pros
long lunch break
Cons
doing everyones job
good First job
Manager (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, CAJune 26, 2016
This would be good for a first time job but as far as something long term i would keep looking the company does not give benefits and it is really hard to move up its alot of favorites in the company
Productive Workplace with friendly faces
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Gatesville, TXJune 26, 2016
Mostly enjoyable, easy job and nice people to work with. Understanding and flexible, scheduled around my life events easily.
Pros
good music
Cons
short breaks, no free meals
productive and fun
Floor Customer Service/Cake Decorator (Former Employee) –  Granite City, ILJune 26, 2016
enjoyable to be creative with your work
learned to expedite orders in quick & timely manner
hardest part was working the entire bakery alone
management sometimes rude
Great Opportunity
Assistant Manager for Seasonal/Hard Goods (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAJune 26, 2016
Great job learning experience and a great place to advance if you put in the effort. Schedule available three weeks in advance and ability to change shifts if needed. You are able to transfer to different departments and learn different areas if willing to work for it
Pros
Lots of area to learn and promote
Cons
Some politics but not enough to worry about
Not a fair place for The back Bone of the Company The employees
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZJune 26, 2016
There was never a consistent schedule, I was never given the time to take the mandatory test, I would ask every day if i could take the test and was always told no. I was let go but promised my job back because i had to call out more than 4 days in a row because i was in the HOSPITAL! They said that I could have my job back but would have to Reapply. On top of that no one can work full time, not even the management . I never knew when i would work or for how long and being a disabled person trying to get back on my feet this made things very difficult for my home life, I missed doctors appointments very often even when i had requested the time off.
Pros
The People are nice
Cons
The hours, The pay, unfair attendance polices
Walmart
Overnight Dairy Manager (Former Employee) –  Liberty, MOJune 26, 2016
Good working environment. Great Benefits. Good Pay and compensated for overnight shifts and holidays. I am rehire eligible.
Pros
Safe Working Environment and Job Security
Cons
Once on night shift, they don't want to let you go to day shift
Diverse company
Retail Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  LaGrange, GAJune 26, 2016
overall good company, diverse, depending on your management if your working experience will be a good one. Hardest part of the job is when areas are under staffed. Enjoyable part of job is when you put a smile on a customers face and when you are recognized by your hard work.
A tiring, stressful environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Bozeman, MTJune 26, 2016
Long Hours. Tiring, Co-workers are nice. Some of the management team is difficult to deal with. Very strict. Easy to get along with people but hard to avoid people you don't like.
Pros
10% discount card
High stress, low reward environment
Electronics Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAJune 26, 2016
If you like working hard, getting paid little and continually being passed over for promotion, Walmart is for you!

I worked for Walmart for over 3 years and continually worked hard to please all the customers and show my skill. I learned new departments, new procedures and image editing in order to show my capacity. I was denied Full Time status 3 times because I was not a cute girl or a favorite of any of the managers.

Sadly, Walmart culture is so full of cheap products and lowest cost mindset that they pass over better employee and customer satisfaction for the almighty dollar.
Pros
1 hour lunch breaks, very "organized" company structure, Everyone gets benefits with time
Cons
Poor management, easy to be lost among the crowd, favoritisim
Typical Day at Walmart
tech 2 fleet maintenance technician (Former Employee) –  Tobyhanna, PAJune 26, 2016
You go to work a typical day at Walmart which could consist of doing tractor or trailer pm inspections. You go out and inbound empty trailers giving a greentag for ok to use or red tag for needs pm or repair. Or you could be assigned to repairing redtag trailers. Or doing pm followup repairs on either tractor or trailers. Also learned to repair tractor apu's.
As for what i've learned would be apu repairs since Roadway had none and espar repairs.
Coworkers were ok and some most were nice to work with but had to watch out for backstabbing with others. I got to be friends with most and new who I didn't trust.
Management was good and was always offered a cookout of some sort, unfortunately their welfare in doing their job had rules for everything and was made to abuse the right to coach someone. I'm all for times when discipline is needed but not so much that you learn not to trust them. I liked most of the management team but never trusted them for that reason. Rules are very needed but you have to learn to talk to your associate and not make them feel and outcast. The pay was good and for the most part so were the managers. I was very aware that they had to do the job they were entrusted with.
Hardest part of the job was working on the tractors, some of the jobs on them offered not so much room. Otherwise you enjoyed what you did.
Pros
good pay and good benefits and healthcare
Cons
too many rules for coaching and stepping a person out of there job.
Lousy
CASHIER AND CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Monroe, NYJune 26, 2016
Horrible former employees to work with. Loved working as a customer service rep and able to assist customers to the best of my ability.
great way to meet people and have face to face contact with customers
Cashier (Current Employee) –  MSJune 26, 2016
a typical day at work consisted of the work flow being fast and steady. u came in contact with many different personalities(including management) but you had to be able to adjust and continue to have a smiling face. I learned that you must stay on task in order for the day to run smoothly as schedule required. management required a lot of its cashiers and one problem management looked for cashiers to fix it. cashiers all depended on each other to stay aware of different sales offered by the company. the hardest part of the job was I think cleaning at the end of the shifts because of cleaning duties not being enforced and followed by each cashier on all shifts. the most enjoyable part of the job was the bonuses that was added to your check when quarterly monthly sales was meet and you could actually see the difference.
very nice location and employees
Wal-Mart Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Prescott Valley, AZJune 26, 2016
I worked in the toy section mainly, but also assisted throughout the store as needed, stocked inventory, assisted customers. My favorite part of the job was both the interaction of clients and employees.
Pros
reliable
Cons
n/a
n/a
Walmart Associate (Current Employee) –  Griffin, GAJune 26, 2016
my 2 years at walmart has been a good experience. a lot of advancement and room for growth and expansion. friendly associates and managers
Good Place To Work
Optical Center Manager (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYJune 26, 2016
You will work hard and it is demanding.
You can make what you want out of it.
Potential to build a career
Culture has changed over the years but company is attempting to improve atmosphere
Pros
Good Job security
Cons
Reatail hours
great starting job
DEPARTMENT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  gurnee illinoisJune 26, 2016
work nearly every holiday, no overtime, great 401k. Management makes good money but not hourly associates. promotions are competitive and usually not given to the most deserving associate.
Pros
job security, 401k insurance
Cons
demanding, pay, work holidays, no overtime
My work ethic helped me with every job and decent work enviroment
Warehouse Worker/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Mount Crawford, VAJune 26, 2016
Didn't mind doing any job in the warehouse.Demand of production was high and i liked that because it was a challenge and i had no trouble because i like a challenge
Pros
Day light job and off weekends
Cons
Not really anything i would list
Great workplace
Cashier/ICS Team (Former Employee) –  Miami, OKJune 26, 2016
This was a great place to work at. I enjoyed working here. If only I could have stayed longer, My co-workers here were great to work with. Everyone got along really good. Management was always on the ball. The hardest part of this job was the holidays. Those days were crazy. All in all this was a great environment to work at.
Wal Mart Supercenter
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Camden Wyoming, DEJune 26, 2016
A typical day at work consist of task that vary.
You are able to work independently as well as in groups.
You're given multiple task to complete in a reasonable time frame.
Pros
Frequent breaks
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Walmart. Our community is ready to answer.