Walmart
44,508 reviews

Walmart Employer Reviews

long ride
Deli Associate (Former Employee), Vineland, NJMarch 27, 2015
Pros: discunts on merchandice
Cons: makes you feel unappreciated
My experience working for Walmart for the past 5 years has taught me so much. I've learned patience, and respect for the individual goes a long way. Ive met some fascinating people while employed their.. even made lifetime friends. My management staff wasn't the greatest but most of them understood how hard it was to work when your constantly being scrutinized by other managers and rude customers. I would recommend Walmart as a great job for teens looking for their first job, but Not someone trying to make a career.
pruductive professional work enviroment and great place to start a career
Produce Associate (Former Employee), Riverview, FLMarch 27, 2015
I worked at Wal-Mart for a year and during that year I have had no complaints Wal-Mart is a great stepping stone to bigger and better thing like management, schooling and can acquire other skills while on the job. Not only did I have great managers I had great co-workers that could help me in what ever I need to be helped with.
Very productive and great potential to learn anything you desire.
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee), Wilmington, NCMarch 27, 2015
Pros: The potential to learn various departments. Built up my multi-tasking skills, got to constantly meet new people.
Cons: short breaks considering the workload. Privacy issues.Rate of pay
Very productive environment. Working for Walmart gives you the potential to learn so much. Working there i learned great customer service skills, and how to multitask in a fast paced environment. A typical day at work would start out on the cash register.Waiting on customer's and in between i zoned the area, stocked merchandise, assisted with heavy load ups. Shortly into my shift i would be called upon to do pretty much whatever needed to be done in an area that may have been short handed for the day which would include Toys, health and beauty, pharmacy, seasonal, front end (cashier/customer service) grocery, housewares, and household chemicals. The hardest part of the job was moving form department to department throughout the day, but at the same time it was enjoyable because it gave me the opportunity to learn the ins and outs of the business. I feel that i learned so much more than what was required of me and for that i am grateful.
We would have meeting every morning and on Fridays our manager would treat use to dounuts and coffee
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Chicopee, MAMarch 27, 2015
Pros: 1 hr for lunch and 2- 15 min breaks
Cons: healthcare which was very important to me because, i havve 3 children
A typical day at Walmart, I would go in for 7 am. pick up the returns from customer service. put them away, start zoning, or had to set up for new items. My co-workers were pretty great, we all worked together if there was a big project. My manager was great to me. He would always stop to see how we were doing, if there were any problems.
Poor treatment of employees
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Lumberton, NCMarch 27, 2015
Pros: decent pay for managemnt
Cons: pays associates poorly
As a member of management i was asked to terminate all my long term associates because they were high dollar employees. I was told that firing one 20+ year associate would make room for more than 5 part time associates. I stood up for my associates and was terminated for it.
Wal-Mart is okay employer
Sales Associate (Former Employee), West Point, MSMarch 26, 2015
Pros: Working with the Public
Cons: No Set Work Schedule
I worked around great people. I enjoyed interacting with the customers which gave me good people skills. The hardest part was I never had a set work schedule. It was hard being a single parent and waiting on the weekly schedule to be done. I enjoyed working around the people in my community.
was ok
Customer Service Representatives (Former Employee), covington, gaMarch 26, 2015
wasn't the best company to work for. a lot of sacrifices with little compensation. co worrkers were great however. was very busy during holidays
you will meet new people everyday
Courtesy Desk Clerk (Former Employee), DunwoodyMarch 26, 2015
i really enjoyed working with Wal-Mart, it kinda got me out of my shy shield, because i had to deal with the public more than what i have been dealing with.
ok
Wal-Mart Sales Associate (Current Employee), Williamsburg, KYMarch 26, 2015
Pros: Nice people to work with
Cons: Night Management have no respect for you
Not a bad place to work. But it is not a place I would want to stay for too long. After about a year you are ready to leave and never come back.
Not a place to work if have family
Overnight Stocker, Chashier, (IMS) inentory worker (Current Employee), Rochester, NYMarch 26, 2015
Cons: do not get benefits because they hire everyone part time and make you work full time hours
you have to work all holidays and they do not care about your social life or family

the management is all about gossip and do not do there jobs

co workers act like there in high school do not work to there full capability

the hardest part of the job is listen to the boss tell you that you are not working hard enough when they have you doing more than one thing that is not part of your job

the best part of my job was being able to help people and having the peace and quiet when the store was close when it was possible
i only work very part time hardly know the management
Cashier (Current Employee), De Pere, WIMarch 26, 2015
It is ok to work when you are desperate looking for a job.
They are very good offering breaks every couple of hours working.
Interesting
Cashier (Former Employee), Rogers, ARMarch 26, 2015
Pros: meeting new people
Cons: schedule on rotation end of shift
You get to meet a lot of people in the day. I learned good communication skills and the money aspects, the management was good, worked well with the co-workers, meeting difficult people but didn't let it effect the day.
fun place to work
team leader for the Unloading crew (Former Employee), Danville, KYMarch 26, 2015
Pros: steady income and an hour for lunch
Cons: little time to sit down, can be hard on your feet
i enjoyed my time spent at Wal-Mart, like with any place every day wasnt perfect, but overall i truly enjoyed the working environment at this establishment.
Productive and Fun
Cashier (Former Employee), Oak Ridge, TNMarch 26, 2015
I learned to work with many different people that all had different personalities. I learned to multitask on many registers on self checkouts. Had many different tasks.
Back room
Unloading trailers, taking pallets to sales floor (Former Employee), Woodstock, ILMarch 26, 2015
Pros: Hours
Cons: Job stability
Very fast past work and no time to do anything else. Time goes by fast but management isn't that great. Very moody workers and office people. Nothing every goes good.
worked in the pharmacy
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Watertown, NYMarch 26, 2015
I preferred the pharmacy over other departments of Walmart. it was almost always busy and made the day go a lot faster, it was hard at times to keep up but worth it, made decent hours which resulted in decent pay checks.
great place to work
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Commack, NYMarch 26, 2015
Pros: busy
Cons: n/a
fun and proffesional atmosphere, input rx , call ins companies , call doctor office , troubleshoot rx, fill rx ..cash customers out , inventory , work close with pharmacist
Great company to work for
Claims Clerk (Current Employee), New Smyrna Beach, FLMarch 26, 2015
Pros: Good pay
Cons: Open holidays
Walmart is a great company for a first job. I have worked for Walmart over 16 years besides the one year I left. Wish I hadn't because I lost a lot.
OK place
Cashier (Former Employee), Canandaigua, NYMarch 26, 2015
My typical day at work would be standing at my register scanning customers items as they come though my line. When I was not behind the register, I was cleaning/ organizing my work area. The management was not very organized, when I would come back from break they wouldn't know which register needed relief. My co-workers were probably the best part of the job.
fast paced
Cashier (Former Employee), Brunswick, MEMarch 26, 2015
a typical day of work could be anything, but you were kept up front. I learned how to operate a cash register, how to key in codes for fruits and vegetables. management was ok, they can be hard to deal with sometimes though. my co-workers were a basket of crazies, but they were fun to work with because they made it fun. the hardest part of the job would be when we got big rushes of people, which was typically around lunch and dinner time. The most enjoyable part of the job was the sense of freedom it gave me

1 2 3 4 5

About Walmart

Wal-Mart Stores, Inc., branded as Walmart since 2008 and Wal-Mart before then, is an American public multinational corporation – Read more

Walmart Salaries