Walmart Employee Reviews in United States

Found 58,697 reviews matching the search
Very productive environment
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJune 27, 2016
Walmart is a lovely place to work if your very outgoing, and that you enjoying meeting new people everyday. working at Walmart gives you great working experience. Working at Walmart prepares you for other jobs that require engagement with all sorts of customers.
Not a bad place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Marinette, WIJune 27, 2016
Honestly Walmart is a decent place with decent people. I enjoyed working there for the most part. Management in my store was very intelligent and helpful, my co-workers were great people that were easy to get along with. The worst part in my opinion is the micromanagement from the Walmart home office, to the point of not giving the store management any form of say in attendance, that is all decided by the computer. With that being said overall it is a great place to work, with good benefits if you choose after your first year.
Pros
decent pay, easy job
Cons
micromanagement
This Company
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Burlington, NCJune 27, 2016
When I first started working for this company I loved it, then as time went on I saw that it was like high school nothing but drama, gossip, and groups. people talk about others and always complaining about everthing. I go in everyday and do my job but now I feel like my job is at risk because of others and I do not like that. I feel like this company is not fair and does not care about any of their employees.
Fun workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ILJune 27, 2016
Liked working at this job. Was not employed here very long, but while I was there it was a great work environment. Store management was excellent and would work with you on hours.
Pros
Work shifts, management/employer cooperation, ample training
Cons
Alot of standing and pay wasn't that great.
Great employee environment
Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Largo, FLJune 27, 2016
A great working environment with a family like atmosphere between associates. Fast paced and hard work. Lots of customer interaction in a typical day. Even on overnight shifts.
Pros
Family like associate atmosphere. Very good pay for the type of job.
Cons
Poor healthcare and other benefits.
awesome place to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Havelock, NCJune 27, 2016
I would run the daily operations, as well as individual departments. Customer service was always a plus, and my co -workers where great to work with and for, I enjoyed the customer
Pros
awesome place
Cons
working almost all hoildays but that was ok
lack of comunication
Tire and Lube Technician (Former Employee) –  hardeeville,scJune 27, 2016
changing oil and tires
i learned quicker ways to get the job done faster
do not relay messages to other managers on time
co-workers were always easy to get along with
tires were only hard during heat advisory
closing at the end of the day
okay
Associate (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, GAJune 27, 2016
did not stay long enough to enjoy all the benefits of walmart was only in that state for a short amoount of time did stocking and cleaning on night shift 11-7 am
very different from what they let people know about the company
Unloader/Processor (Former Employee) –  Tobyhanna, PAJune 27, 2016
they expect 110 percent out of there employees. At times it is a good place to work, yes the warehouse pays very good money but in turn they want there moneys worth out of you.
Pros
very good money in certain places
Cons
hard work at the warehouse
Enjoyed working with our associates and customers
Co manager (Former Employee) –  Winnemucca, NVJune 27, 2016
On any given day I would manage any where from 100 to 200 associates a day including other Assistant managers. I would help drive sales through out the store as well as assist in effectively reducing shrink within our building. The hardest part of working with Walmart was their work/life schedule. I enjoyed most days due to working along side my team and teaching and training them. I learned so much at the same time and it was a very rewarding experience.
Hard
Order Filler (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCJune 26, 2016
Walmart have a lots of up and down u dont get alot of hour on weekend crew.U do a lot of climbing bending lifting The break and lunch not long .The supervisor r great and coworker r very nice
Pros
money
Cons
Not enuff hours
not the greastest with management
Walmart Stocker (Former Employee) –  Conroe, TXJune 26, 2016
there managers really need some Improvement with the emploeys
they need to also learn that they need to leave there issues else where
Pros
hour lunch
Cons
bad managers
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Wichita Falls, TXJune 26, 2016
Walmart is a very busy and productive company to work for. I didn't like working there but its a great company. I worked night shift and it sucked.
Pros
long lunch break
Cons
doing everyones job
good First job
Manager (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, CAJune 26, 2016
This would be good for a first time job but as far as something long term i would keep looking the company does not give benefits and it is really hard to move up its alot of favorites in the company
Productive Workplace with friendly faces
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Gatesville, TXJune 26, 2016
Mostly enjoyable, easy job and nice people to work with. Understanding and flexible, scheduled around my life events easily.
Pros
good music
Cons
short breaks, no free meals
productive and fun
Floor Customer Service/Cake Decorator (Former Employee) –  Granite City, ILJune 26, 2016
enjoyable to be creative with your work
learned to expedite orders in quick & timely manner
hardest part was working the entire bakery alone
management sometimes rude
Great Opportunity
Assistant Manager for Seasonal/Hard Goods (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAJune 26, 2016
Great job learning experience and a great place to advance if you put in the effort. Schedule available three weeks in advance and ability to change shifts if needed. You are able to transfer to different departments and learn different areas if willing to work for it
Pros
Lots of area to learn and promote
Cons
Some politics but not enough to worry about
Not a fair place for The back Bone of the Company The employees
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZJune 26, 2016
There was never a consistent schedule, I was never given the time to take the mandatory test, I would ask every day if i could take the test and was always told no. I was let go but promised my job back because i had to call out more than 4 days in a row because i was in the HOSPITAL! They said that I could have my job back but would have to Reapply. On top of that no one can work full time, not even the management . I never knew when i would work or for how long and being a disabled person trying to get back on my feet this made things very difficult for my home life, I missed doctors appointments very often even when i had requested the time off.
Pros
The People are nice
Cons
The hours, The pay, unfair attendance polices
Walmart
Overnight Dairy Manager (Former Employee) –  Liberty, MOJune 26, 2016
Good working environment. Great Benefits. Good Pay and compensated for overnight shifts and holidays. I am rehire eligible.
Pros
Safe Working Environment and Job Security
Cons
Once on night shift, they don't want to let you go to day shift
Diverse company
Retail Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  LaGrange, GAJune 26, 2016
overall good company, diverse, depending on your management if your working experience will be a good one. Hardest part of the job is when areas are under staffed. Enjoyable part of job is when you put a smile on a customers face and when you are recognized by your hard work.