Walmart Employee Reviews in United States

Found 57,668 reviews matching the search
work was great at walmart
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Gulfport, MSMay 30, 2016
wal-mart life was great, times the management could be unprofessional .but other than that, i loved my job and being a customer service manager..
Awful, Don't waste your time
Co-Manager (Former Employee) –  IndianaMay 30, 2016
Read any article. They treat their people poorly, work you to the ground, and it is never enough. Upper management stocked shelves better than anyone back in the day and moved up. That should say enough.
I loved working with the customers most of all.
Service Writer (Former Employee) –  Gatesville, TXMay 30, 2016
It was long hours on your feet. Most of the customers were very nice. I worked with good people. We did not get alot of support from the managers. I supported my co-workers the best that I could.
Pros
I loved helping customers.
Cons
Breaks were not consistant.
Mod team
Mod team (Former Employee) –  Woodland Park, COMay 30, 2016
I have done just about every position on overnights I can think of besides supervisor. I have worked as a cashier/customer services, I worked as a grocery gm and freezer/dairy stocker; I used to run the backroom as a IMS associate which Walmart got rid of that position I got the mod team position which I went through two weeks of training. I soon after transferred to another location in which no one at the store was properly trained they were just given the job. I have done a lot of supervisory training including training my supervisor.
Pros
I have alot of experience in different fields
Cons
I shouldnt be treated like a supervisor if Im not getting compensated.
Very busy at the front end with customers from all walks of like.
Front end cashier (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAMay 30, 2016
Management was fair enough in giving company benefits to employees. However, there was no chance to even transfer to another department.

I had great interaction with my co-workers. We worked as a team as expected by management.

Honestly it would be very exhausting during heavy hours like when customers would come all together at the second half of the day.
Pros
Walmart discount card for employees
great job
Customer service/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Panorama City, CAMay 30, 2016
Walmart was a great job for me also. I was a cashier and worked on the floor at times. The Walmart i worked at was the location in panorama city witch is known for many customers coming in with attitudes and such so everyday i went in to work i made sure i tried to make every customer i encountered in smile.
great job
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Oxnard, CAMay 30, 2016
best communication that i have seen fro employees the work ethic is amazing and the confidence in the other employees is great
NIce place to work
Asst Mgr (Former Employee) –  Albany, GAMay 30, 2016
Needs to treat their associates better, just because Wal-Mart raised their pay they also cut their hours. Protect their associates better.
Good job to service people
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Hinesville, GAMay 30, 2016
I liked working for walmart but the schedules were crazy and I honestly believe that you cant have much going on in life if you work there. The customers were great and I loved to work.
Walmart
furniture sales/PAINT (Former Employee) –  Woodward, OKMay 30, 2016
Worked n the paint and furinture dept
Had good training and loved to mix the paint and come up with the colors the customer wanted

The whole dept was great and the floor mang was helpful every boby worked together
All co workers was great .
Pros
CO WORKERS
Cons
SOME CUSTOMERS
N/a
cashier (Current Employee) –  Covington, GAMay 30, 2016
a typical day at work would just consist of ringing customers up, and great friendly interactions. They did a good job of staying on top of making sure people received breaks if those were going without being given.
Pros
N/A
Cons
N/A
security
cashier / stocker/ sales floor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 30, 2016
documenting all activities driving around in parking lot customer service securing parking lot
Conducted investigations regarding suspected incidents of external fraud, employee theft and embezzlement.Patrolled the facility and served as a general security presence and visible deterrent to crime and rule infractions.Reported all incidents, accidents and medical emergencies to law enforcement.Responded quickly to medical emergencies, bomb threats and fire alarms.Answered alarms and investigated disturbances.
Most enjoyable part about the job.
Overnight Stocker (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAMay 30, 2016
It is exciting when a customer comes to me asks for help. I smile ask them what I can do to help them. I take them right to their item. Seeing them smile to have what they was looking for, is priceless. Thank You!
Pros
Helping customers
Cons
Sending customer away for to not having what they want.
Overworked and under appreciated
Lead daily (Current Employee) –  Buckeye, AZMay 30, 2016
The management doesn't care about their employees whatsoever. You're truly just a number to them and they don't have the proper management skills to run an efficient warehouse.
Pros
NA
Cons
Under appreciated, over worked, non-rewarding
logistics
Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLMay 30, 2016
you would learn the different products and where the big variety of groceries or goods would be placed in the store, the hardest part of the day would be when you could find a item or didn't know where it was to assist your customer the best part was at the end of the shift
Pros
job task
Cons
lots of frieght
Retail
Connection Center Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Moberly, MOMay 30, 2016
I preform many duties as a connection center associate. Helping out in electronics, photo lab, some times toys, or the front end cashiering. I maintain records of phone sales, and customer contracts, audit inventory on a daily basis, and primarily help customers.

Most of the management team is reasonable and have never given any issues that would cause reaction to go above them.
Pros
employee discount
Cons
mid shift, ruins the morning and evening with family.
Walmart
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCMay 30, 2016
Working at Walmart was not hard because my personality was outgoing. I stock merchandise on shelves and help customers when they need assistance. I checked customers out when they finish shopping. I enjoyed my schedule because I was off on the weekend.
Productive fast pace work.
Cashier/Stocker (Former Employee) –  Pearl City, HIMay 29, 2016
If you're a walmart stocker be ready to WORK. Not an easy job, but a lot of lessons to learn along the way. Work will go by quickly. You are given on average 500 boxes you will need to look sort, look through, cut open, put on shelves. You have to put the exact amount on the shelves no more, no less. If you're good at tetris this is the job for you. You will need to know how to upstack boxes. This job was hard work but rewarding as well. We get a quarterly bonus, incentives every friday, free lunch on occasion. All you can eat new years, christmas, thanksgiving.
Pros
work goes by quickly.
fun but too much drama and to demanding
IMS/ Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Rocklin, CAMay 29, 2016
working here in the beginning was great I worked as a IMS/stock clerk in the back. I usually count all the merchandise throughout my day make goals on how accurate I was. When I got pregnant the told me I had to work as a cashier since they are liable if I got hurt. I got sent to the front and they had so many cashiers but not a lot of customers on certain days we would stand and just wait for customers. I like to move around and just standing waiting or doing things other than what I liked didn't have me feel happy with my job. When I was told by my Dr. that I can sit every so often. Even with the Dr. note there was still drama and jealousy because I sat down certain times. After I went on maternity leave I decided to stay home.
Pros
my original job was fun
Cons
Not enough organization with employees jobs and not enough hours
quite possible the worst place i have ever worked at
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYMay 29, 2016
The upper level management has no idea on how to do their jobs, they have unrealistic expectations and just look at the numbers. They are completely unengaged and I really believe that they only care about their paychecks and nothing else. They take days and weeks to follow up and it is difficult to ask a question and get an answer.
Pros
Cons
everything