Walmart
32,247 reviews

Walmart Employer Reviews

productive and fun working place
Cashier (Former Employee), North Miami Beach, FLJuly 9, 2014
Greet customers entering establishments. Receive payment by cash, check, credit cards. Issue receipts, refunds, credits, or change due to customers. Count money in cash drawers at the beginning of shifts to ensure that amounts are correct and that there is adequate change. Maintain clean and orderly checkout areas. I learned who to work and deal with – more... other people of different backgrounds and successfully work as a team. – less
Too many bosses and not enough workers
Shoes Associate (Former Employee), Paducah, KYJuly 9, 2014
Pros: almost always got the same hours.
Cons: way too much to deal with in a short period.
This would be a great company to work for if they actually communicated and actually helped the customers find what they are looking for instead of just pointing in the direction. I myself would drop what I was doing to help that customer, even if I didn't know where it was, we would find it together.
Busy Diverse Place
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Chamblee, GAJuly 9, 2014
Very busy company, it a great company to work for and advance in, good benefits, but if they treated their employees the way they treat customers. Overall it was a good experience.
The Supercenter
Registered Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Hermantown, MNJuly 9, 2014
Pros: learned to multi task a lot!
Cons: very busy, hard to get to know patients.
Customer service, Very fast pace quality service, Cashiering, Mail out, Drive thru, Input, Filling, Third party solving, Telephone calls, Receiving stock, Crediting returns, and Maintained clean work space.

I learned to multi task a whole lot at once. This pharmacy was very busy. Becoming a professional at multi tasking was essential at this Super – more... Center Walmart.

Management was good given the pace of the pharmacy.

My co-workers and I really worked hard as a team to get things done with quality. There was lots of customers to attend and we were more then happy to provide for them!

The hardest part of this job was multi tasking.

The most enjoyable part of this job was seeing happy patients and co-workers. – less
walley world
Supervisor (Judy or Shirley) (Former Employee), O'Fallon, ILJuly 9, 2014
Pros: employee discount
Cons: pay
I recommend this be a good first job for people entering the work force. learn what you can with the mindset to move up or move on. I worked there while in high school and it was a good fit then. you will come to notice that your job description/ duties grow as needed while working there but your check does not
Great Experience
SHADOWED A WALMART EMPLOYEE (Former Employee), North Las Vegas, NVJuly 9, 2014
Had a good time seeing what working there could be like. They were good role models of successful employees and helped me in knowing what it would be like to really work for the company eventually.
very good place to work
Supervisor/Verifier/Dispatcher (Former Employee), savannah gaJuly 9, 2014
this was a temp job I have been n for years.. I wish it was permanent but the company lost its contract
Close to home
Deli Associate (Current Employee), Fernley, NVJuly 9, 2014
Pros: i get a 10% discount
Cons: water cooler was taken away and it is over a 100* out, we need water.
I have learned the different cuts of meat.
I have learned that Walmart likes to advance people.
I have made friends with co-workers and I did enjoy going to work on the days that we had full coverage.
The hardest part of the job is when customers get angry about waiting and do not understand that we are trying our best to hurry and help them.
The most – more... enjoyable part of my job is helping people that are greatful and I also like to give compliments to people for no reason, just to make their day. – less
Great Place
Cashier (Former Employee), Livonia, MIJuly 9, 2014
Pros: discount card
Cons: healthcare was not provided
My day at work I'd deal with all types of customers. From the Angry ones to the cheerful ones. I learned how to have patience and self control even if someone is screaming at me. My managers were pretty fair and taught me how to handle different situations. All my co-workers were friendly. Never had an issue with anyone, we kept things professional. – more... The hardest part of my job would have to be keeping a neat work station on those really busy days. The most enjoyable part would be resolving problems customers have and just helping out in general. – less
Great Place for Growth
Fixture Buyer's Assistant (Former Employee), Bentonville, ARJuly 9, 2014
Pros: growth, open door policy, friendly people
This is a great place for growing your career. The people are friendly and care. The company encourages growth of the individuals and promotes from within often. Management adheres to the Open Door Policy and listens to the concerns and ideas from associates.
walmart
Grocery Associate (Former Employee), Mesa, AZJuly 9, 2014
Pros: easy work works always there
Cons: slave driver bosses
work was always there stayed busy days went by fast the bosses wernt very nice tho but why should they be there walmart bosses
Diversed work environment
Various Positions (Current Employee), Copperas Cove, TXJuly 9, 2014
Pros: company discount card
Cons: hour cuts, staff shortage
Everyday, I mainly organize and maintain my stockroom area. I also stock freight and assist customers and other associates to the best of my ability. At Walmart, I've learned to work in different departments, use various types of equipment and work with different personalities. Just like most companies, management and co-workers must work together and – more... stay on the same page to get the job done. Sometimes that's a quick process. Other times it can be a bit more rigorous. Working with others is inevitable so it helps to be a team player. It also makes the day go by much more smoothly. I'd have to say the most enjoyable part of the job is assisting the customer and getting positive responses and feedback in return; learning that what you do is appreciated and actually makes a difference. – less
okay place to work at for entry level
In stock Team - Lawn and Garden Sales Associate (Former Employee), Grand Blanc, MIJuly 9, 2014
typical day varies if you are part-time
fast pace work environment
management is unorganized
Receiving is a very productive place.
Receiving/Unloader (Former Employee), Silsbee, TXJuly 9, 2014
My typical day is to help setup for the truck, put down pallets underneath its correct department, and help my team members setup. I've learned that you have to move in a fast pace everyday and work smart. Management was good and commanding at work. I got along with all my co-workers. The hardest part was getting two 4,000 piece trucks in one day. Completing – more... the task before it needs to in a timely fashion. – less
Just Not For Me.
Stocker (Former Employee), New Albany, INJuly 9, 2014
Walmart Just Isn't For Me, I Don't Believe They Trained Me Correctly, And I Don't Believe Its There Fault. Just Bad Timing.
Cashier (Current Employee), Sterling, ILJuly 9, 2014
I work 3rd shift at Sterling Wal-Mart, we don't get very many customers, and in that case we are stocking the front end(all the registers) or we are stocking other parts of the store. My co-workers are fun to be around and make the shift go a lot faster, management is great.
Project Management
Field Project Supervisor (Current Employee), Jefferson City, MOJuly 9, 2014
Cons: 90% travel
A typical day is ensures that the project is on time, budget, and most importantly safe. I ensure that all associates under my leadership are on task and able to perform at their best with all the required materials and fixtures.
its walmart
Cashier/Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Gilbert, AZJuly 9, 2014
Nice coworkers, but crazy customers.
Good work hours.Great boss!
Walmart
Consumables Associate (Former Employee), Taylorsville, UTJuly 9, 2014
Pros: 60 minute lunches, good benefits, good job security, and a great advancement opportunities.
Cons: employee treatment, scheduling
Walmart, like any company, can be a wonderful place to work for. It might take some getting used to, and some major changes in treatment of it's employees, but still a good place to work at.
Support Manager (Former Employee), Farmerville, LAJuly 9, 2014
Benefits available best part of this job. Advancement hindering the reason I left

1 2 3 4 5

About Walmart

Wal-Mart Stores, Inc., branded as Walmart since 2008 and Wal-Mart before then, is an American public multinational corporation – Read more