Walmart Employee Reviews

Found 76,364 reviews matching the search
Good
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Broken Bow, OKApril 22, 2017
If you truly love being around people and pleasing people no matter what then Walmart is the place to go. The company isn't bad but dealing with Walmart customers you need a special set of skills
Multi Billion dollar company and employess are not fairly compensated
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Pompano Beach, FL 33069April 22, 2017
I wouldn't recommend this job to anyone . Very fast paced job if you work in a busy location as I did not fairly compensated for the long hours of your feet . Open 24 hours so you can kiss not working on holidays good bye . hat to call corporate for my dollar raise after completing my online assignments required .
It was okay.
Electronics Associate (Former Employee) –  Tomah, WIApril 22, 2017
When I first started the job at Wal-Mart, it was fun and entertaining. Then towards the end it became drama filled and awkward. When I worked there, I had friends that I enjoyed seeing and working with. Through one day I would do picking, binning, stocking, and I even did customer service through out the day. The main reason I wanted to leave a lot of the times was due to poor management. A lot of the times they would sit in the office when we needed help on the floor. The hardest part of the job was to find countless things to due even when their was nothing for us to do.
Pros
Some nice friends.
Cons
Healthcare, Management, and Drama filled
Looking for a new job
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  East Liverpool, OHApril 22, 2017
Am tired of being told that I never do my job the right way and know one will show me the right way. Been there 14 years and there just now saying these
good enviroment
Night Stocker (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAApril 22, 2017
Good hours and excellent pay friendly environment . learned the basic training and great employees . option to do overtime and the manger was very friendly
This is a good first job.
Sales Floor Associate/General Merchandise Employee (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, UTApril 22, 2017
I highly recommend this job for people that need overall job experience. It teaches you how to handle difficult people, and the pay is okay for people that do not have a lot of bills to pay.
Walmart
Customer Service/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Lansing, ILApril 22, 2017
This company could be better all the way around. Working here was kind of stressful only because I think it's kind of dysfunctional. Management need to work more as a team and coworkers will follow.
Company has good benefits.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Belmont, NCApril 21, 2017
Worked eight hour shifts for this company almost 11 years. During my time with Walmart I enjoyed helping customers find what they needed. I was able to learn and execute different jobs throughout the company.
A fun and entertaining place to work
Cap team 2 (Former Employee) –  Federal Way, WAApril 21, 2017
Walmart is a very interesting and entertaining place to work. They have a wide arranged of jobs to do in the backroom alone. they also have a T.V. in the breakroom.
Pros
Relaxing, fulfilling.
Cons
hot in summer and cold in winter
Fast paced
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  West Plains, MOApril 21, 2017
Walmart was a great place to work for. I advanced quickly, and would have advanced even further if I had stayed. I left to start a family. Multiple areas to work in.
Pros
Advacement
Cons
Hours and work days are not consistant
very helpful
SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Union, SCApril 21, 2017
I learned to pick and bin in no time. very friendly environment. easy to move ahead in different positions. mangers are very supportive. there is nothing hard about working at Walmart.
Communication with others
Cashier/stocker (Former Employee) –  OHApril 21, 2017
Working as a team and going over work before work start. Make sure most work is done within the eight hours . Employees assist other employees if having problem with finding or placing product.
Walmart is been the worst hiring company
stoker (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CTApril 21, 2017
unfortunately the pay is fair

Recommend a friends work at Walmart would not be honored

While working there , what I had experienced and unwell supervised

working hard to sweat but never get any respect
Miserable workplace
Unloader/Loader (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CAApril 21, 2017
They expect you to do more than what's possible. The hardest worker gets fussed at at the end of the day. Its hard to please managers and employees really get no type of respect. They talk to you like you're lower than them.
More work than people to do the job.
Inventory Supervisor/Cap Team 2 Supervisor (Current Employee) –  FloridaApril 21, 2017
Used to be a good place to work, but has gone down hill with the pay and work expectations. The raises are terrible and we are not scheduled enough people to complete the job at hand.
Pros
Many stores to transfer to and jobs are available.
Cons
Turnover is way too high and pay is bad.
An okay place to work .
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Conway, SCApril 21, 2017
Working here was okay. It was a job. I don't really have too much to say about my employment her.e I learned that customer service is definitely a field that I love . I went to work, did my job and went home.
Pros
overall enjoyable staff
Cons
healthcare
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Vicksburg, MSApril 21, 2017
Working as a cashier has taught me a lot, from meeting new people everyday to interacting and showing great customer service skills. Everything about the cashier job was a learning experience and I got to interact with many of my customers and also helping the elderly take out their bags. Also helping and directing customers into the directions of the items they are looking for.
Good pay
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Dover, DEApril 21, 2017
in change of money and check cashing . Also responsible of bagging and cleaning if needed. Not a lot of space to grown on and no mercy on employees. Lack of organization
Pros
customers
Cons
MAnagement
Terrible managment
Stocker/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Putnam, CTApril 21, 2017
You don't exactly feel like youre part of a huge succesful company like you should. Most people just mope around and dont even do their job correctly. Management is very rude.
Pros
Set timed breaks, good social life
Cons
Management, work pay
do not recommend
Department Manager (Current Employee) –  Blue Ridge, GAApril 21, 2017
typical day is high stress level ,unable to achieve managements expectations, The store is under staffed, and managers are moody and tense most of the time.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Walmart. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval