Walmart
44,536 reviews

Walmart Employer Reviews

Good work environment, Horrible management
Consumable Department Manager (Current Employee), Grand Junction, COMarch 27, 2015
The people and customers are great to work with but when it comes to management no one is on the same page. They give out too many projects in too little time and five minutes after they change their mind. There is a lack of staffing but everyone is mostly great to get along with.
Walmart
Cashier/Sales Associate/Receiving/Electronics (Former Employee), New Orleans, LAMarch 27, 2015
Pros: Meet People
Cons: Salary
Typical day at Walmart was any other typical day. I learned that you even if you're not having a good day, you can brighten someone else's day. Also, I learned that not all management is just an authority figure; but can also be a life mentor inside and outside of the workplace. The workers was always uplifting and very genuine about being a co-worker. The hardest part of the job was staying calm and collective during anytime of adversity. The most enjoyable time was meeting new people.
fun work place
Seasonal Customer Service (Former Employee), North Versailles, PAMarch 27, 2015
Pros: fast paced
very fast paced work environment. your day flies by because you never have a chance to sit around and say you have nothing to do. Depending on what department you work in you will probably see the same co-workers everyday so they become part of you like family. the hardest part of working at Walmart is the fact that you dont get a second to yourself to think the best part of working at Walmart is it seems like you're leaving right after you walk in
ehhh
Customer Service/Cashier (Former Employee), Middletown, DEMarch 27, 2015
Pros: nothing really
Cons: bad management, low pay and annoying customers
i was a cashier so typical day was scanning customers items and i got paid 8.35 and after a year a raise to 8.85 kinda low pay
Decent place to work.
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee), Ennis, TXMarch 27, 2015
Pros: Discount card
Cons: short hours provided weekly
Enjoyed customers and fellow co workers. Something new to do everyday. Wish I was able to work more hours weekly. Learned about different policies.
Decent work place, nice people.
Electronics / Photo / Wireless Sales Associate (Former Employee), Sylvania, OHMarch 27, 2015
Pros: 1 hour lunch, nice breaks and easy pace
Cons: Management can be a real big pain
Work was simple and easy, customers were easy to handle since knowing the whole back end of the store. Management is a little strict but they have to be obviously. Workers, some are decent others not so much.. Hardest thing about the job is not having a answer to a question.
great friendly environment
Cashier (Former Employee), Silvis, ILMarch 27, 2015
Pros: friendly
Cons: not willing to adjust schedual for family needs
A typical day at work was about a 9 hour day working with a great team. Very friendly , fast paced, warm environment. I learned how to preform W.I.C transactions , cash checks, count money back, price match, and run the cash register. I also learned many of the fresh fruit and vegie plu codes after only a few weeks on the job with out having to look them up n the booklet. I got along well with the management and my supervisors. They were very friendly and caring people. I made friends with many of my co-worker quickly and could relate a lot with them. The hardest part of my job was having to leave due to family issues. The most enjoyable part of my job was the feeling of belonging and costumers that would look for me on a daily basis. I loved working with the costumers and my co-workers.
tire lube exspress
Automotive Service Technician & Overnight Stocker (Former Employee), Mulberry, FLMarch 27, 2015
Pros: working with cars
Cons: lifting the very big tires my self
I did oil changes, tire changes, cashiering, Etc.
how to do all of the job in the tire lube express
co-works where very nice and work hard training me
hardest part was running up and down into the pit.
learning something new, I like learning new job
Wal Mart Review
Marketing Assistant (Former Employee), Lake Saint Louis, MOMarch 27, 2015
I would call all my 10 stores to ensure that each store had collectibles that I needed in a timely manner.,Set up my weekly travel to each store,handled all customer service complaints.My management team was great they worked to ensure that items that I had sent to them were .executed. Hardsest part was leaving the job i really enjoyed working with the entire group I had.The most enjoyable was doing power point presentations and going into the stores and seeing the stores execution of the final product.
productive and busy enviroment.
cashier/customer service rep (Current Employee), Woodland, CAMarch 27, 2015
Pros: good hours
Cons: health care, lack of communication, dont get breaks and lunches on time
a typical day at Walmart is all about a lot of customers long lines busy environment and a lot of work. ived learned a lot of things such as how to be a good customer service representative, and other things such as sending and receiving money and making money orders through money gram, exchanges and returns and cite to store pick up calls to customers. coworkers are very encouraging to work with and fun we all help each other improve everyday. The hardest part of my job is learning to deal with rude customers and how to handle out of control situations. the most enjoyable part of the job is the feeling you get when you see customers walk out satisfied with their shopping experience.
Great Job
Personnel Manager (Former Employee), Triadelphia, WVMarch 27, 2015
Pros: Fun, Friendly Work Environment
Cons: Management
I loved working for the company. I made good money, and enjoyed my job. I developed several lasting friendships while employed with the company. The employees are dedicated and enjoy their contributions towards the company. Everyone does their best to assist customers as well as other employees.
fun productive
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Russellville, ARMarch 27, 2015
enjoyed serving the customers, helping them in anyway. management was not always understanding of situations. didn't seem very concerned with the employees more with the customers. didn't agree with that ideal.
Reliable Staffing
Stocker (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INMarch 27, 2015
Go to work get on the forklift.How to pick up different things with the forklift.My job is very grat even tho its part-time..the hardest part of my job is getting a break its not always garunteed for a break.... i enjoy the most when i go home..
Productive and Interactive Workplace
Cashier (Current Employee), Huntsville, TXMarch 27, 2015
You start your shift by clocking in and greeting customers. You are able to interact with a variety of people from different backgrounds. This place allows for you to get to know different people and build lasting relationships with customers and co-workers.
Productive.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Thomasville, ALMarch 27, 2015
Pros: Stock options.
Walmart was a great company to be a part of. I like the fact that I was able to work and learn various jobs within the company.
attitude
order filler, sales associate (Former Employee), monroe, gaMarch 27, 2015
Pros: local
Cons: lunch breaks
Everyone has a good attitude, friendly, communicate, well focused.
Hard work, not long enough lunch breaks, long hours.
A good company to earn experience in.
Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee), Eden Prarie MNMarch 27, 2015
Pros: Good opportunity for advancement, great work environment.
Cons: Low pay.
Wal-Mart is a good place to work if you seek advancement in a retail setting. The pay is low but the experience that you get there is invaluable.
customer service and stocking shelves
sales associate (Former Employee), alexandria,LAMarch 27, 2015
great place to work and move up the ladder. Good pay rate for which ever department you decide to work for. I learned that each customer counts when it comes to a sell.
Not overtime, low salaries,
Stocking, load andload the trucks. (Former Employee), Job Location: Whelling, IllMarch 27, 2015
Cons: No overtime, low salaries
WalMart is the retail business and the schedule for work hours is changed every week. // Personnality, I was working in 3rd. Shift with different schedules after 6 months . Co-workers some are friendly and cooperative and others not. The harest part was moving heavy stock without help.
Casual Atmosphere
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee), Reynoldsburg, OHMarch 27, 2015
Pros: Bonus, Vacation Pay, Holiday Pay Overtime Pay, Benefits(-Insurance Med., Dental, Vision) Casual Work Environment, Holiday Meals, Friendly Atmosphere and Customers
Cons: Company Set Fluctuating Retail Hours most Holidays
As a cashier I work with a great diversified group of people. I enjoy talking to customers and assisting them with their needs.The most difficult part of the job would be standing on your feet all day. Walmart has a relaxed atmosphere with great benefits.
I have become a better and stronger person since I have worked with this company. .

1 2 3 4 5

About Walmart

Wal-Mart Stores, Inc., branded as Walmart since 2008 and Wal-Mart before then, is an American public multinational corporation – Read more

Walmart Salaries