Walmart Employee Reviews in United States

Found 59,888 reviews matching the search
Alright Place to work at but terrible management
Electronics Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Flagstaff, AZJuly 25, 2016
Most of the day working in the Electronic section at my Walmart consists of helping customers with the activation of prepaid phones. Besides this I assist customer with buying Televisions and video games and consoles. I also help my Department Manager in making sure all of the paper work is done everyday. Management here does not like to take responsibility. If an associate asks for help most of them will tell them to go ask another manager or will say give me a few minutes and then never get back to the associate. There has also been about 4-5 months where there has been no store manager. The best part about the job is my coworkers.
Pros
Great coworkers, discount on most merchandise, great benefits
Cons
management
they do not take care of their people
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSJuly 24, 2016
a typical day consists of customer service, stocking items, inventorying incoming products, intenventorying items, maintaining outdoor & indoor products. with no help of replacements, there are only a few people that worked the rest sit on their butts and get paid the same as I did but I worked in the lawn & garden area with no ac no extra breaks with the 110 temps. like an employee is suppose to ...with pupose.Management was there if there was an incident or accident otherwise they were never to be seen.
Lawn and garden
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Niles, MIJuly 24, 2016
The most fun place to have worked but by far the income was low. Not enough hours and not enough benefits for all. The learning experience was good but do not like the way management runs things or should I say the CEO.
Pros
Entermingling with customers
Cons
short breaks and not enough hours given
Company has improved over the years
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXJuly 24, 2016
Worked in the toy department helping customer and stocking shelves. I am sure over the years working for Walmart has improved, but when I worked there I was overworked and underpaid. Between working toys covering sporting goods, lawn and garden, pets and cashier I was pulled in too many directions.
Pros
Great experiance
Cons
Over worked
Work for the largest
Department Manager (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CAJuly 24, 2016
As i always say, if your going to work in retail then why not the largest retailer on the planet. As a place to work it provides good benefits like bonuses, paid vacation, paid sick and personal time (now as one combine time off), and free lunches at certain events which are held nearly every three months
Pros
Bonuses every three months, paid vacation, paid sick time, paid personal
Cons
Low wages
Fun easy
Overnight Stocker (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARJuly 24, 2016
Really fun place to work at. Co workers are amazing people. Management is awesome. Great benefits. Decent pay. Over night people have no life. Since we sleep all day
Pros
Long breaks
Cons
No life in the day time
N/a
Wal-Mart Associate (Former Employee) –  Brownsville, TXJuly 24, 2016
Management as well as the environment of Walmart was all so well. A typical day at work didn't include stress nor disappointment always a team work.
alright job
Lube Technician (Former Employee) –  New Braunfels, TXJuly 24, 2016
Good job for someone coming out of school, but not to sustain a family on. Single person job. They do need to keep up with the proper tools to do all the jobs correctly.
Pros
down to earth working eviroment
Cons
Couldnt use own tools, missing tools to do some of the jobs.
Productive and fun.
Loader/Unloader (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, VAJuly 24, 2016
I've enjoyed working for the distribution center in Virgina. I got a chance to meet really cool people. Most of the co-workers played as a team.
Pros
Got bonuses alot.
Cons
Different temperatures.
Average retail work.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Tahlequah, OKJuly 24, 2016
The job was nothing more than that, a job. I would get to work early and clock in 5 minutes early or so, then head to a register. The only thing I can say I really learned was from observing other cashiers, the managers rarely stand up for the employees when they are right. I really didn't enjoy the work too much, it wasn't necessarily a bad job, but I felt as if my potential was being underutilized.
Pros
long lunch
Cons
often had breaks skipped
good environment just poor management
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJuly 24, 2016
I had fun there the co-workers make it a fun environment to work in and the customers are wonderful people . I learned to work harder and be more efficient. Management is horrible and unfair.
Pros
wonderful co-workers and customers
Cons
MANAGMENT
I love working at Walmart.
Wal-Mart Cashier (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJuly 24, 2016
It's a great expanding company and you can get moved up to many different positions if you do what you are suppose to do. I loved it only worked there for three months and it was a great experience.
fast paced
Deli Associate (Former Employee) –  Benton, ILJuly 24, 2016
A nice place to work once you get a read on people and learn what you are doing. Could use some nicer more informed and useful members of the management team.
Fast pace work place
Deli Clerk, Food Preparation Workers (Former Employee) –  Zephyrhills, FLJuly 24, 2016
Work days were very fast paced and productive. Management was very helpful and always available to the associates and the customers. I was very happy with my employment at Wal-Mart.
Good starter job
Accounting Associate (Current Employee) –  Mayfield Hts, OHJuly 24, 2016
This is a company that has been in business for many years but they currently do not treat their lower store level employees fairly. If you are not apart of the management team then you are being treated poorly and your complaints fall upon deaf ears. The benefits could be much better and unless you have the right actions and connections you do not have any opportunity to advance in the company. Hard work and dedication mean nothing.
Overall a good company
BAKERY ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Ellicott City, MDJuly 24, 2016
They were great with scheduling and I had a consistent schedule and pay. Overnight is more relaxed then the day shift. Management is decent depending on the department.
Good Starting Place for Retail
Electronics Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Rochelle, ILJuly 24, 2016
Supportive coworkers help get you through the ups and downs of retail. If you're looking for a place to start at retail, I'd recommend Walmart. They're flexible and offer a variety of opportunities.
Great Company
Cashier/IMS Associate (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, NJJuly 24, 2016
Great Management Skills. Sometimes The Take Care of their employees, and sometimes they dont. after all, its a great place to work.
Fastpaced
Orderfiller (Current Employee) –  Sterling, ILJuly 24, 2016
Fast paced environment, constantly lifting and moving cases for 12 hours. Hard on body, physical work. Work on own mostly, become master of stacking boxes. Don't deal with management on constant basis. Overall nice pay for hard work
pay very low
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Bedford Park, IL 60638July 24, 2016
they expect this done
Customer Service Manager
• ¬Anticipated customer flow ,in both Cassese earthier increase or decrees I would increase or decrease cashiers stations accordingly .,Helped Cashiers in their operations (helping them with all kinds of customers issues),Helped Cashiers in keeping sufficient change in their drawers, If I am is the closing manager then I had to close and make the final drop. ,If I am the opining manager I have to set up the registers and station enough cashiers., Give the cashiers their breaks., My responsibilities included 30 Cash register,3 Money gram registers,4 customer service registers., Helped cashiers at the customer service counters with issues with returns, baby shower, wedding registries., Helped customers on over the phone issues., Helped Customers on the on line orders., Made sure the parking lot is free of litter and carts are inside the building and or in their designated area., Did 5 random cash register audit., and I did pick up items from our shelf for on line orders for pick up in store orders.
for only 10.5 an hour?