Walmart Employee Reviews

Found 82,551 reviews matching the search
Productive and fun at times!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Denver, NCMay 28, 2017
For the most part I enjoyed working at Walmart but some managers will only allow you to go so far. I can not really complain about my managers because most of them was very respectful and supported if you did what you were suppose to do. A typical day would be to go in stock and assist customers with purchasing.I learned good customers service skills. The work place culture where I worked was not very diverse. The hardest part of the job was stocking merchandise in your department and having to go help out in other department when they where short staff.
Pros
Bonuses!
Cons
Low pay!
This was not a very good job and the environment was hazardous.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORMay 28, 2017
Everyday I worked there were a lot of customers and almost no employees in the store, we had one or two people at the customer service desk, five cashiers in the whole store, and maybe three or four sales associates to cover all of the store's departments. All of the managers I worked with in the three years I worked there were rude and didn't care about the employees except two the first six months I was there.
Walmart
Walmart Security (Former Employee) –  MissouriMay 28, 2017
It was a good job hours could have been better but it was a good job pretty easy lots of walking but the people you work with or good and its was close to home wish I had not had to leave it.
Pros
Close to Home
Cons
Hours they give you some times
Can be a good place to work if you are lucky to work at a location with good management.
Inventory Associate (Former Employee) –  Clermont, FLMay 28, 2017
Just was a job to get me through school. If you try just a little more than the next person it's pretty simple to get promotions. A lot of things depends on how a location is ran. Some people have a great experience working for Walmart & others don't.
Pros
1 hour lunch breaks & great benefits that are actually adorable.
Cons
Usually overworked & under pay
stressful place to work.
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Cutler Bay, FLMay 28, 2017
They make you work way too much and the pay isn't even enough. Some Managers are so rude. I left because an assistant manager was so rude, and disrespectful, screaming at me in front of customers, I felt so embarrassed.
Mediocre
Bakery Associate (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAMay 27, 2017
Walmart can be a good or bad place just depend what you make of it. You can move up in positions, and have job security. Can be stressful with the different people shopping there but coworkers were great.
Goal oriented, customer service oriented
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Augusta, MEMay 27, 2017
Walmart is very big on keeping the customer happy, and being seen as a happy easygoing organization. They are also very strict when it comes to their attendance policy.
Pros
Good breaks
Cons
Strict attentande
A fine job that is good for anyone who is starting in the working world.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Vestavia Hills, ALMay 27, 2017
A typical Day at Wal-Mart is fairly standard and doesn't change much from day to day, so it is a fairly low stress work environment excepting an unruly customer.
At Wal-Mart I have learned how to interact with and serve customers in a polite and dignified manner and in addition i have learned how to interact with multiple personalities.
Management has ranged from very good and understanding to overly strict and overbearing.
There's not much of a workplace culture outside of interacting with other employees in a friendly manner.
The hardest part of the job is making sure that the customers are happy because people are varied and sometimes hard to deal with, while everything else never changes much so it's fairly routine.
The most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with interesting people and getting to know them.
Pros
Low stress, not exceptionally difficult, and decent benefits
Cons
repetitive, easy, and low on variety
The work was easy
Wal-Mart Associate (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMay 27, 2017
Working at Walmart was okay. The work was easy, but working there made it seem like I wasn't getting anything free time for myself. The management was descent, it seem like they were always to busy to talk to the employees with issues.
Pros
Easy work
Productive and super fun place to work! They treat you so wonderful!
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMay 27, 2017
This is the best company that I have ever worked for in my life! They treat you so well and the environment is so easy and happy going! I love how friendly all my coworkers and upper management are. They are so understanding and wonderful all around.
Pros
I love it! Everything is great!

Want to know more about Walmart?

Ask a question
Decent workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Avon, OHMay 27, 2017
Uninvolved management, not enough training, not many hours for minors, not enough scheduled associates in certain departments, tooklong to fulfill requests
A decent job to grow as a person and learn a good work ethic.
Lead Electronics Associate (Former Employee) –  Columbia, TNMay 27, 2017
For the most part it was an easy job, I learned a lot and grew as a person. I enjoyed most of the people I worked with, however the ones who didn't work weren't held accountable so the ones that did work had to work that much harder. Management didn't communicate and after a while the job got too stressful and I needed a change and I also finally had a career focus. The hardest part of the job was when we had a lot of freight to work, but not enough coverage to help customers and help with freight. The most enjoyable part of the job was some of the people I worked with and strategizing the work we needed to do and seeing progress as we worked efficiently.
Pros
Insurance, bonus
Cons
Work holidays, no improvements
A decent place to work
Overnight Maintenance & Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Coldwater, MIMay 27, 2017
Its Walmart. Not bad, not good. Kind of felt like a cog in the machine that is Walmart. Pay is decent for what the job is; definitely a fair amount of work. Management was fine.Coworkers were fine.
Pros
Not a difficult job
Fun work place
Unload Associate (Former Employee) –  Cockeysville, MDMay 27, 2017
I will always love to go back and work for Walmart. The company is extrodary and the management team is awesome. The next time I work for them I'm staying
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Need to change times when you can switch and they need overtime
Nice pay, bad management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 27, 2017
The back warehouse is an entirely different atmosphere and viewpoint from being a customer at the fronts. I no longer will view Walmart employees the same.
It was decent, but I wouldnt go back.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 27, 2017
First off, I would just like to point out that most of the cashiers and csm treated me with respect but the environment was too much to handle, What really made the decision finalized is the fact that I couldn't have the ability to step into my job without feeling overwhelmed. The customers most of the time are pleasant but there are a few that just put down your character if they can't get their way.
Pros
Employee discounts, Fair employers/employees, close to home
Cons
Customer complaints
It is great for some
Electronics Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Cushing, OKMay 27, 2017
It's a great place to work for some, frustrating for others. Management pushes on those that work hardest and plays favorites. Micromanagement is abundant. Pay is decent for the job description. Room for advancement is endless.
Pros
Schedules are flexible
Cons
Management's attitude
Walmart and biometrics
lead Licensed optician (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 27, 2017
There bio-metric hand scanning devise violates religious freedoms and it violates the right to privacy. They suck, the worst company I have ever worked at. They violate humane rights issues (freedom of religion & right to privacy at work).
Pros
non
Cons
all
good hours, hard work
RECEVING/ TEAM MEMBER (Former Employee) –  Cicero, ILMay 27, 2017
I was a team member at Walmart it was fun and flexible. the only thing wrong was other team member who wasn't professional at all. the management didn't do anything about the behavior.
Pros
good hours
Cons
team members, poor managment
Fun work place with friendly people
Walmart Supercenter (Current Employee) –  Macclenny, FLMay 27, 2017
I like my job at Walmart I change oil and tires all day and it seems to not get old to stay busy.and everyone who works with me is nice and no one has attitudes
Cons
Two 15 min breaks a day

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Walmart. Our community is ready to answer.