Walmart Employee Reviews in United States

Found 59,991 reviews matching the search
The Area I Was In Was Very Rushed
Deli Associate (Former Employee) –  Crawfordville, FLJuly 27, 2016
In The Deli it was a rush all day long. I dont have a problem with rushes, but when people are in a hurrythe quality of service tens to go down.
Terrible Co-workers
Electronics Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Willmar, MNJuly 27, 2016
Nearly all of the workers there are condescending and mean. The management plays favorites. The hardest part of the job was getting along with co-workers who were constantly trying to irritate you. I didn't really find anything enjoyable about this job.
Pros
The discounts.
Cons
The people.
Normal day at Wal-Mart
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  South Euclid, OHJuly 27, 2016
A typical day at Wal-Mart is poor management, unorganized store, and no team effort from the employees.
Pros
experience
Cons
management
Rude CSM a lot of favoritism
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Hanford, CAJuly 27, 2016
It was a bad experience as a cashier a lot of the CSM were rude had their favorites and weren't easy to get along with at all horrible work place for me!
It is an alright place to start
Electronics Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Milford, PAJuly 27, 2016
It is an alright place to start, but as you advance in the company it gets more stressful, with very little pay increase. I enjoyed my time there for the most part, but the management have some power trip issues.
busy but you meet a lot of people
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Copperas Cove, TXJuly 26, 2016
challenging but over all a good place to you get to meet different customers everyday some friendships are made through being nice and respectful to others, we had a discount card memberships to other places fun for the kids christmas parties my overall experience was great
Pros
dinners occasionally on holidays
Cons
15 min.breaks 1 hour lunch was ok our store has a clinic one of the first to have a clinic
Enjoyed Working Management Sucked
Stocker (Former Employee) –  New Albany, MSJuly 26, 2016
I enjoyed the people i worked directly with on my shift but third shift supervisors would come in and boss us around when we are trying to get 2nd shift work done. When i agreed to work i was told my schedule would be from 2-11 and maybe some overtime. I took that as maybe 1-2 hrs over every once in a while. I worked for the company for 1 month and went home early once. Most nights it was almost one in the morning.
Pros
hour long lunch good pay
Cons
management
N/a
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIJuly 26, 2016
Overall fairly good company, as a whole. Employees are treated with care, consideration, and fairness. I would recommend working for this company when the opportunity presents itself.
ok place to work
Support/Front end Manager (Former Employee) –  Hartselle, ALJuly 26, 2016
you have the chance for advancement. Long hours
and long weekends. Ok schedule and sometimes ok managers. yes i would recommend walmart to work at if you are a college student
Working here was rather stressful at times
CAP TEAM LEAD/ZONE MANAGER SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJuly 26, 2016
A typical day was stressful the group I supervised was usually understaffed and I supervised the most important process in the company. Management was never on the same page. The hardest part of my job was taking extra orders from so many different members of management while still completing the main task.
Pros
Long lunch and benefits
Cons
It was a good place to work.
Training Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Staunton, VAJuly 26, 2016
Wal-Mart is a good place to work. Starting pay is 9 dollars an hour, and within the first six months can move up to 10 dollars an hour. Everyone works together to get the job done. The management team is willing to help you any way they can.
Pros
The pay was good.
Short staffed and under managed.
Tire and Lube Express Technician (Former Employee) –  Shawnee, OKJuly 26, 2016
Working at Walmart Automotive Care Center was a particular experience in learning how to maintain and manage an automotive shop. A regular day usually saw thirty to forty vehicles serviced without complication. Management very rarely supervise in the shop until a problem occurs. Co-workers are easy to get along with until there is a difference of opinion on how to run the shop. The hardest part of the job was working on busy days with a short staff. The easiest and best part of the job was being able to help a customer and making their day better.
Pros
Occasional free lunch incentive and employee discount.
Cons
Bad management
Fun place to work.
Cahier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Lubbock TXJuly 26, 2016
I love Walmart but the management is not strict at all. I wish they had more rules and the customer service is rude all the time.
I will never work here again
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Liberty, MOJuly 26, 2016
The management sucked. People were VERY rude, and I don't have much good to say about this place. I had to get a second job because this job wasn't paying the bills, and the manager wasn't willing to work around my schedule. It irritated me, so I just walked in one day and quit. That is the only job I have never quit on the spot like that. To them though, you are just another number
Not much to do
Lawn and Garden Associate (Former Employee) –  Muncie, INJuly 26, 2016
Culvers is an alright company to work for. They don't pay much and the management could use a little work. Sucks not being cross trained as well.
good job but
Accounting Associate (Current Employee) –  Kingsport, TNJuly 26, 2016
I enjoy what I do but there is no chance for advancement and I fear that what I do will soon be replaced with automation forcing me out of work.
Good Benefits/Quality of Works Poor
DEPARTMENT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Commerce, MIJuly 26, 2016
Typical day at work may involve anything from stocking to cleaning up others messes or getting thrown where ever they need you. Management doesn't back you up. Employees that DO NOT work make way long than they should before they are terminated. You learn as much as you want but most of it is from computers in the form of (CBL's) and not hands on. Hardest part of the job is being expected to constantly clean up others mess and not being able to do your job 100%. Most enjoyable is they give you 2 15 minute breaks and a 1 hour lunch.
Very busy caring management always encouraging you to do your best.
Grocery Dept Mgr (Current Employee) –  Mandan, NDJuly 26, 2016
Do your job, work your scheduled hours, be friendly and personable and you won't have any issues. Enjoyable place to work. I love my job even though it gets overwhelming sometimes.
It's everything you've heard and worse.
Store Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Athens, TX, Garland, TX, Seagoville, TXJuly 26, 2016
How to begin with the enigma that is Walmart? The management team is collectively the worst and most incompetent group of people I've had the displeasure of working with. The favoritism, the miscommunication, the egos of those who are "Holier Than Thou," and the absurd expectations of wanting you to literally be doing multiple projects in multiple locations simultaneously while no one is there to actually assist the customers is the fundamentals of what makes working for this company. I've worked in three separate stores in three completely different areas and each one operated the same. I highly recommend not working here unless you like stress and feeling insignificant.
Fun place to work!
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Riverton, WYJuly 26, 2016
I had a good time working at WalMart, It takes a long time to get past the oriantation that is mostly just common sense but its a nice and easy place to work.