Walmart Employee Reviews

Found 85,652 reviews matching the search
You meet many people and are taught many life long skills
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Oakwood, GAJune 22, 2017
I am used to working 5 days a week, usually 9 hour shift with an hour lunch and 2 fifteen minutes breaks. You are on your feet all day and must be a friendly people person.
need more structure
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Putnam, CTJune 22, 2017
i loved working as a cashier here...but there were a lot of employees that took longer lunches than they are supposed to. cashiers are well managed but other departments need more structure. someone could literally come in and punch in and leave and no one would know
Pros
good hours, quick paced
Cons
not all departments are treated equally
Poor Management
Department Manager (Current Employee) –  Boise, IDJune 22, 2017
It has good pay and opportunity to grow but it is very demanding and stressful. The management is usually moderate at best but in general very poor. They don't listen to most of the associates and follow their own goals and priorities.
It is Walmart
Stockman (Former Employee) –  Sturgis, MIJune 22, 2017
I enjoyed my coworkers. The job itself was easy. It is the mental stress that weights you down. I am sure there are people who enjoy their jobs with Walmart but for me I could not make it a permanent career.
Pros
Easy work
Cons
Small wage
stressful
Stocker/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fenton, MOJune 22, 2017
Very horrible company to work for, it's hard to move up in the company because they play favoritism to there employee. They don't give you enough hours and the pay is horrible and they work you to death. I have seen people get fired for nothing, I suggest not working for walmart.
not the walmart it should be
Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 22, 2017
the most enjoyable part of the job for me are the good workers and customers the select few managers that are above the department managers that treated us with the same respect that was given, the rest were cut throat and wrong in all that they said and did i learned how to run my departments inspite of not having the help of upper management i also learned to keep going after what i want and deserve
Its Very Competitive but being at the register was something to enjoy
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 22, 2017
I really enjoyed working there you get to meet new people and its a very open environment. Very diversed you get so much help and everybody is always smiling and happy to help each other.
Loved working at this place, meet so many nice people
Pharmacy Tech (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJune 22, 2017
I literally loved this job. Everyone here worked as a team and completed all task needed in order for daily work to be completed. While working here my job task included working with customers, filling their medications, typing their prescriptions, and dealing with insurance issues for customers.
Pros
Everything here made you feel like you were at home
Cons
We were short staffed but we still managed to have a great days
Very enjoyable work place
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Allen, TXJune 22, 2017
Start the day off by throwing away all the expired meats then restocking the shelves and cleaning the work station. I learned how to do a new occupation. The management was very helpful and very organized.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
Getting pulled to go to other departments
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Bradenton, FLJune 22, 2017
Walmart was a great place for me to start off working & a good pay with me in one child I enjoyed working at walmart with the pay & great co- workers & managers but I needed a better opportunity
Pros
Good pay
Cons
fun place to work with nice comfy break room
Cart Pusher/Stocker (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ILJune 22, 2017
Working at walmart provided a great experience for a first job and is a strongly recommendable place for employment. It's a place full of welcoming smiles and diversity.
Pros
friendly, good experience
Cons
short breaks
Good place to work at
Department Manager (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 22, 2017
In my department I have an awesome team , we all work as a team , every time we have assignments we all work together to make it happen. Very good schedule also
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
No overtime
management is power hungry
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Sanford, FLJune 22, 2017
Walmart wants life to revolve around them they always expect availability to be open for them if you don't play politics you will never move up in the company and if a manager decides they don't like you they will find a reason to fire you no job security and don't expect to get benefits because they wont make you full time.
ok job
Cap team 2 (Former Employee) –  Natchitoches, LAJune 22, 2017
It was a good job and the hours and pay were very good. I enjoyed working at Walmart. always had to get stuff done within a matter of time though which wasn't hard.
Steady job
Deli Associate (Current Employee) –  Etters, PAJune 22, 2017
Walmart is a good place to work and pay is good. They have a friendly crew to work for. its fast paced and management is great. Store manager is awesome.
Pros
Discount card
Cons
More help
not good place
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Poulsbo, WAJune 22, 2017
walmart is not a good place to apply for a job i was not notifey that i was hired during the holiday season, when i got sick they (management) didn't let me go home
Cons
bad place to work
Nice workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Forney, TXJune 22, 2017
When I went to work for walmart I felt at home. This was mainly because of the work environment that I was put into. The longer I stayed there, the more at home I felt.
Not a good place to work
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, GAJune 22, 2017
The staff there wasn't to nice i didn't like this job alot everbody had bad attitudes they didn't have nothing to good to say about anyone it was very negative
Good Job
Wal-Mart Cashier (Former Employee) –  Goodland, KSJune 22, 2017
I loved working at walmart. the people are friendly and helpful and they make sure that you are trained well before putting you on a job by yourself/ I had medical issues and though they understood i missed to many days but they made sure that i knew that once i took care of these issues i could reapply and come back to work
A good place to work if you are looking for a first job. Can be flexible sometimes with your schedule.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Norman, OKJune 22, 2017
The time that i worked at Wal-Mart was not the best experience, but it was experience non the less. The management for this store i worked at in particular was very poor and did not care to much about your opinions as a employee.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Walmart. Our community is ready to answer.