Walmart
44,662 reviews

Walmart Employer Reviews

Very fun work place
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), New Castle, DEMarch 31, 2015
Great staff. Flexible hours. Good co workers. great opportunities. Growing work force.. Great place to begin and build a career within a good company
poor compensation and benefits
Support Manager (Former Employee), Tucson , ArizonaMarch 31, 2015
Overall work environment is decent the culture that the owner initially started his company was to benefit consumers , but as corporate culture over powered his vision it went down hill .
Fun Place to work
Produce Clerk (Former Employee), Parker, AZMarch 31, 2015
Pros: Free Lunchs
Cons: Hours
greet customers, find out the customer's needs, recommend, select and help locate the right merchandise, answer customer queries regarding the store and the merchandise, receive and process cash, check and charge/credit payments, provide change and receipts, bag or package purchases, place special orders, stay current with sales prices, recognize and monitor security issues, arrange and display merchandise, keep merchandise area tidy, take stock inventory and requisition new stock.
sales associate (Former Employee), Utica, NYMarch 31, 2015
I enjoyed this company & what it offered me . I learned that you cannot satisfy every customer but you always do your best and apologize but importantly you remain calm.
Customers really make the place work.
Cashier (Former Employee), Farmington, MOMarch 31, 2015
Pros: the people
Cons: nothing
My typical day at Walmart, is surrounded by the best people. Hard workers ready to get the job done. Frist clock in to clock out, nothing but work. Stocking, helping customers, helping your co workers. Its fast past and you work to a dead line. I loved it but didn't see a future.
Productive and Friendly
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Johnson City, , 13905March 31, 2015
Pros: Great Co-workers and management.
The day is always though provoking. Management was excellent, and co-workers were very friendly. The hardest part of the day is typically the hour when things get busy and there may not be enough coverage. The most enjoyable is how willing everyone is to assist and make the job that you were assigned easier.
I liked working with most of the employees and customers.
Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee), Waukegan, ILMarch 31, 2015
Pros: Associates and customers always made my day.
Cons: Not able to move up in the company.
I was a customer service supervisor and ran the front end of the store. Which included cashiers, customer service desk, money center, maintenance, door greeters and cart associates. What I learned was that people are very different and that I had to treat each person as an individual (including the customers). I do not have a lot to say about the management. I became an at work, work friend with a few of them. For the most part, most of my co-workers were easy to get along with and were easy to supervise. I let them know my boundies from the very start. Even that there will be times to enjoy our work as well as taking our jobs serious. The hardest part of my job was when, on several occasions that I was well qualified to move forward in the company they held me back from promotions. People say it was because I did my job too well. As far as my job being enjoyable, It really was. I had a very good relation ship with the associates as well as the customers. One customer had said, "When I walk into the store and do not see you, they asked another associate if I was working that day. If I wasn't working they found out when I was then left and came in when I was working". WOW! That made me feel really appreciated.
Wal-Mart
Hardware Associate (Former Employee), Houston, TXMarch 31, 2015
Wal-Mart is a balanced company though it is very demanding. I enjoy learning different jobs at Wal-Mart which gives a employee a strong chance of becoming a manager.
people orientated
Cashier (Current Employee), Clinton, INMarch 31, 2015
Pros: meeting people
Cons: no family time
I enjoy meeting people and talking with them. I work odd hours which keeps me from family time. Would like a more steady schedule to where I can spend more time with family.
Productive and Fast pace work
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Des Plaines, ILMarch 31, 2015
I worked hard and fast and made sure to always do what i was told to the best of my ability. It was a great experience working there.
Sales Associate
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLMarch 31, 2015
Pros: enjoy working there
Cons: no benefits
Received and stock merchandise, I like helping customers in the store, good company to work for, managers are very nice,
Not a fun place to work
Store Associate (Former Employee), Elkton, MDMarch 31, 2015
Pros: customers
Cons: didn't really appreciate a person's worth
Walmart was not a good place to work for a person like me who is friendly and follow the rules. Ive seen situations where it seems people got away with anything. I seen a lot of favoritism amongst other things. I wouldn't consider Walmart a career job, but i would recommend as a part time job for individuals who don't have a career they are interested in .
I love working at Walmart
Wal-Mart Cashier (Former Employee), Orlando, FLMarch 31, 2015
Pros: discounted items
Cons: short breaks, long hours
A wonderful place to work.Excellent people. I have learned to always be motivated. The hardest part of the job is dealing with diffrent attitudes.The most enjoyable part of the job is Walmart period .
cool
Stocker (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INMarch 31, 2015
i enjoyed the experifnce a lot ,some supervisors were cool while others were kinda pushy,they taught me things that i still use today so i think that was cool
productive
Maintenance support manger (Former Employee), Valley Stream, NYMarch 31, 2015
I love working with my co-workers the company is well mannered everybody shows respect to the customers and their co-workers
Get paid to work out and stay in shape.
Overnight Stocker (Former Employee), Cedar Park, TXMarch 31, 2015
Pros: Hour lunches, great work out if you know your limits
Cons: Micromanagers, 24/7 store open to the public, boxcutters
Great place to get a good work out. If your metabolism agrees with you and you have a heavy duty area to work (water isle, pets, hardware). The management is 50/50 on being good or not. You can normally tell who got to the top on their knees and who actually worked their way to the top through hard work. The co-workers are normally like family, cause you have to stick together or the people from the other shifts will bad mouth you and talk about how much work you never do.
A productive and fun work place
Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIMarch 31, 2015
I enjoyed training others as well as being a customer service manager, taking care of customer complaints, money transactions through cash, debit ect. Cashing checks and bill payment
Cutting edge technology tough work environment
Strategic Application Engineer (Former Employee), Bentonville, ARMarch 31, 2015
Pros: new technologies, fast pace, very professional
Cons: lots of pressure, no room for errors
If you like drinking from a fire hose, WalMart is the place to be. Very fast paced, strong management oversight, high performance expectations. You will learn tons there every day, and work with very competent and professional people. Your work output is highly scrutinized and subjected to intense review if you are unfortunate enough to have a change cause a problem. So the methodology there is rigorous at least. If you like working on the latest products and techniques, WalMart will make you happy.
Productive working environment
Customer Service Associate/ Cashier (Former Employee), Richmond, VAMarch 31, 2015
Wal-mart was a fast paced job. The sales were always being made due to new productions. Cashiers were always meeting new people which made the job exciting. Wal-mart was a fun exciting job.
Overnights
Overnight Stocker (Former Employee), Houlton MaineMarch 31, 2015
Working at Walmart wasn't too bad, but working overnights was hard while going to school as well. It took away my day life and most of my days off consisted of sleeping.

1 2 3 4 5

About Walmart

Wal-Mart Stores, Inc., branded as Walmart since 2008 and Wal-Mart before then, is an American public multinational corporation – Read more

Walmart Salaries