Walmart
47,157 reviews

Walmart Employee Reviews

it wasnt that great place to work poor Management
Maintenance worker at night (Former Employee), Wichita Falls, TXMay 24, 2015
Pros: health care was good
Cons: bad management
walmart dont treat there employee's very good. Bad communication skills. I cleaned store and waxed floor and helped customers.
A GREAT COMPANY TO WORK FOR
Management Internship - Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Jonesboro, ARMay 23, 2015
Pros: Friendly Work Environment, Open Doors Policy, Daily Meetings.
Cons: The company does not sponsor internationals
Assisted with daily operations on the sales floor and the backroom. Developed my leadership skills by shadowing top management in the store. Completed regulations-related tasks that enhanced my background with some laws and regulations.
Productive work place
Overnight stocker from 10 (Former Employee), Birmingham, AlabamaMay 23, 2015
A typical day would be me going to the back loading a cart and taking it to the main floor and unstocking. and helping customers with problems. I learned its all about the customer. My co-workers wasvery helpful. the hardest part of the job was being pregnant. the most enjoyable was helping the customers
work
CUSTOMER SERVICE MANAGER (Current Employee), New HampshireMay 23, 2015
As a CSM you are responsible for all the companies assets, getting the cashiers out on breaks, lunches as well as getting them out on time. while managing all of that you are usually being asked several things by upper management, people greeters and so forth,thru your walkie.. this can be stressful if you are running the front by yourself.
The part of this job that I enjoy the best is taking care of customers and my cashiers. Without me doing my job, my cashiers can't function their job, so its up to the CSM to make sure that the cashier is taken care of, which then carries over to the customer.
Very Productive
Overnight Stocker (Former Employee), Hamilton, OHMay 23, 2015
Pros: Making New Friends, Helping People
Cons: Short Breaks
i`d come in at 10 o` clock at night go to the nightly meeting in the back then head to my station and wait for them to bring the stuff out and get to work stocking i stocked 4 aisles a night until 7 am i learned so much at Walmart like how to learn how to read bar codes and use a hand scanner and a cash register. as far as management goes my two shift managers charles and josh were very nice very welcoming helped me when needed but made me feel right at home with my job. My co-workers were the same way very friendly very outgoing, helpful always willing to give a helping hand when you need it. hardest part of my job was actually learning how to use the hand held scanner and learning where everything was. The thing i enjoyed the most was seeing all my friend i had made at work and getting to work and doing my job.
fast past and lots of people
Cashier (Former Employee), Crestwood, ILMay 23, 2015
I loved working for Walmart because its very fast past and I love moving around always doing something with my hands. Walmart works as a team and that's what I love doing.
I have chances to stretch myself,it brings out the best in me.
Cashier/Accounting (Current Employee), Houston, TXMay 23, 2015
Pros: Free lunch sometimes.
Cons: Short break.
Everyone has a place in the company.
Management care about us and help us to grow.
I love my job because I know what is expected of me in my current role.
I am provided multiple learning opportunities every day.
Productive workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee), City Of Industry, CAMay 23, 2015
I loved everything about my job, from the time i clocked in until the time i clocked out. I learned plenty of things working for Walmart, from ordering to data entry to stocking, then to back up cashier. The management at Walmart are very professional and understanding. My co-workers were great, i enjoyed working with every employee.
Managers weren't understanding and were power hungry
Loader / Stocker (Current Employee), Houma, LAMay 23, 2015
Prepare bay area with pallets and carts to unload trucks.
Throw merchandise onto belt to be sorted to different pallets for different areas. Pull out pallets of old and new merchandise to floor to be worked. Stock shelves with merchandise and assist customers with any questions about product.
A decent job
Inventory management specialist (Former Employee), Richardson, TXMay 23, 2015
Its a decent job with a good pay, however management needs more work. If you have friends working there its more fun. You learn a lot of new things that can help you in future jobs.
Great workplace
Cashier Department 990 (Former Employee), Humacao Puerto RicoMay 23, 2015
Pros: pay
Cons: benefits
A typical day at work is very busy with lots of customers. I learned how to work as a team. The co-workers are very helpful in any moment. The hardest part of the job is doing many tasks at the same time. The most enjoyable part of the job is my great paycheck.
Productive and fun enviroment.
Toy Department Manager (Former Employee), Eldersburg, MDMay 23, 2015
Pros: Family atmosphere with co-workers.
Cons: Disrespect from upper management and corpal.
A typical day at this job was get right in and start your work with a smile on your face. I learned great team work and wonderful communication is the key to make a company successful. Management on the other hand treated most employees with disrespect, sadly to say. My co-workers were absolutely wonderful and I gained a lot of great long time friendships. Family almost! The most difficult part of the job were honestly the Holidays with trying to keep things in order and properly priced. The most enjoyable part of working there was meeting new people everyday. And seeing original customers everyday.
good position, bad management
Walmart.com associate (Former Employee), Palm Desert, CAMay 23, 2015
i loved the job i was doing, but the training was not very professional, most of the training was done by co workers and if they did not become friends with you the training would be lacking. the department manager was not friendly or approachable and was constantly looking for things to reprimand me for.
Was a good place to work at.
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Bossier City, LAMay 23, 2015
Pros: Learned a lot from them to take to other job.
Cons: Didn't care about anyone any more.
It was once a great job to work at when Sam was alive. They really cared about the employee back then. After Sam died it seem liked they didn't care about any of us. Then it got where they didn't care about the customers. The only thing they wanted was to see how fast we could get them out of the store. Didn't get to move up to some of the jobs that would open. They would get someone out side of the company.
Productive for the most part.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Huntsville, ALMay 23, 2015
Pros: Hour long lunch breaks, two 15 minute breaks before and after lunch.
Cons: Poor management.
Poor management, okay working environment, I learned how to work with the general public and learned what it meant to deliver great customer service.
I loved being a manager for this company.
Assistant Manager/several areas (Former Employee), Valdosta, GAMay 23, 2015
Pros: Great opportunity.
Cons: Being unable to stand up to those who want to lead a different way than the company way.
Great opportunities.

The best part of this job, were my people I supervised and my customers.

What I learned over the years, is you have to keep striving to do better than anyone else to move forward.

The hardest part of this job, was leaving.
This company stands for it motto: Save money lives better
Cashier (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOMay 23, 2015
Pros: good retirement benefits 401k and stock options
Cons: health insurance
The compay is so concerned with its customers sometimes looses site on the associate. Overall the company leadership does differ throughout the country and I witnessed it from state to state and from store to store.
Fast paced, nice place
Deli Clerk (Former Employee), Clayton, OHMay 23, 2015
Pros: You were able to pick up shifts (up to but not exceeding 40 hours per work week).
Cons: You had to provide your own uniforms and the dress code was VERY specific.
A Typical day at work:
I would wait on customers, clean the equipment throughout the day, put product away after it was delivered. Maintain a clean work environment (clean equipment, floors, windows, etc).
What I learned:
There are all different types of people out there and you have to learn how to deal with them in a professional manner.
Management:
Management was pretty good at resolving any issues that arose. They made every effort to be fair and flexible.
Co-workers:
Very nice, hard working people who did their jobs very well. We were a team.
The hardest part of my job:
Being busy if we were short on staff, as this creates an increased workload on every individual.
The most enjoyable part of my job:
Seeing my co-workers everyday and our regular customers that we got to know well.
Fast pace work
Inventory Specialist (Current Employee), Surprise, ArizonaMay 23, 2015
Pros: good learning experience, great people, times goes fast
Cons: miscommunication
Go in an hour early to sit in the managers meeting (Not a manager myself ) to go over our plans for the night. I walk the floor to get a idea of where to start. I stock several departments after I walk the floor and follow up on fellow associates to see how they are doing. After that i see if there's any displays I need to tend to if support managers ha not yet go to yet and I complete it for them. right about now its almost that time to go hone and I go to the back room and I start scanning over stock merchandise in. Then clean up the back yard with forklift, make sure back room is tidy and I clock out for the day.
Busy workplace
Cashier (Former Employee), Kernersville, NCMay 23, 2015
Pros: Discounts
Cons: Not enough employees on shift
The most enjoyable part of the job would have been working with the public and helping people when they needed it. I learned how to be a leader (training new people). A typical day at work was usually hectic but nothing I couldn't handle and keep up the pace with.

1 2 3 4 5

About Walmart

Wal-Mart Stores, Inc., branded as Walmart since 2008 and Wal-Mart before then, is an American public multinational corporation – Read more

Walmart Salaries