Walmart

52.0K reviews

Walmart Employee Reviews

Ok Place to Work
Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee), Richmond, CASeptember 1, 2015
I showed up to work to run the front end and they treat you like a slave all day. I was never happy there just did it for my family.
Sale Associate
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Pensacola, FLAugust 31, 2015
Pros: great people, 10 % discount after 3 months, work on Thanksgiving 25 % discount on one full purchase, two 15 minute break on clock on a full 8 hour shift plus hour lunch, ten minute grance period to be late
Cons: no health care for part-time employees, hours drop tremenously from 32 to 16 a week, no dental
Walmart is great place for you to work and go to school its just not a career and somewhere I would want to retire. I love working there its great people.
productive and fun work place to work.
unloader (Former Employee), rensselar,nyAugust 31, 2015
Cons: short breaks
i learn a lot new skill and learn a lot of important information about my job from my co worker and management and it taught me the skill i have now for myself and other also was able to show my skill to co worker that didn't know how use certain thing.
Fast paced, multi tasking required, always something to do.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Port Charlotte, FLAugust 31, 2015
A job not for someone who cannot keep up and who cannot work with a team. Requires you to work multiple departments and to be reliable.
FUN PLACED TO WORK FOR AND GOOD MANAGERS
MANAGER (Former Employee), WINDSOR CA.August 31, 2015
Pros: WORKABLE HOURS
Cons: HARD WORKING JOB
GREAT PLACE TO WORK FOR AND WOULD LET OTHERS KNOW THAT THEY HAVE GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICES THROUGHOUT THE STORES. BENEFITS ARE GREAT AND THEY OFFER FLEXABLE HOURS TO WORK.
fun work place very supportive
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Douglasville,GAAugust 31, 2015
Its a very fun work place with a supportive management team. they support personally grow and development. there variety in what i do each day.
Fun place to work!
Customer Service Bakery (Former Employee), Denver, COAugust 31, 2015
Pros: They worked with my schedule
Cons: none
Lots of fun people, and interesting work.
I learned to bake bread.
I liked the management.
My co-workers were informative.
The hardest part of the job didn't happen.
The most enjoyable part of the job was customer interaction.
Hard but rewarding place to work
Cashier (Former Employee), Maquoketa, IAAugust 31, 2015
A typical day at work for me was checking people out at the registers most of the time. Every once in a while when I was working late and a courtesy associate hadn't gotten all the carts in i got to leave the register for a while to get some nice fresh air and actually work up a sweat.
I learned a lot about running a register and helping customers find things.
My co-workers were amazing people to work with. Most of them would go out of their way just to give me a genuine smile to encourage me when i was discouraged.
I think that the hardest aspect of cashiering at Walmart was constantly pivoting in the same spot for hours.
The most enjoyable part of my job was listening to some of the customers tell stories about what they are buying the items for.
My advice to you? Wear the comfiest shoes you can find and invest in some bio-freeze but Overall its a great place to work.
very fast workplace enviorment
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee), Lake Geneva, WIAugust 31, 2015
Pros: everyone is friendly
Cons: pick up fast
enjoy work very much always everyday a fast work pace enviorment. supervisors are ready to help. to much to grasp of learning experience in a short amount of time
great place to work always meeting new people
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee), Newport News, VAAugust 31, 2015
in my time of working for walmart it was great i learned a lot of new things. great place to move up within the company always meeting new people fun exciting place
Productive fun workplace with supportive management
Wal-Mart Cashier (Current Employee), Columbus, GAAugust 31, 2015
Pros: Standing all day
Cons: Short breaks
I learned a lot working at Wal-Mart I have worked with retail company, but never a big supercenter. I have worked with so many different personalities daily and working in a supercenter you get to see people that you haven't seen in a while because everybody loves Wal-Mart
Enjoyable working experience
IMS (Former Employee), Warren, MIAugust 31, 2015
Working there was cool. A typical day was come in, get ready for a busy day of work. There was rarely slow day at Walmart. Like around 6 or 7 that's when everything starts calming down. I learned how to do picks and bins. Management was probably the only issue. They didn't promote people who deserves it and they wasn't as organized as they should be. My co-worker was pretty cool. I made some long term friends and met some interesting people. The hardest part is probably satisfying everyone. The enjoyable is Seeing new faces everyday.
Costumer Service
BACKROOM/FORKLIFT (Former Employee), hackettstown NJAugust 31, 2015
I enjoyed providing excellent costumer service day in and day out. Nothing is more satisfying then the costumer getting what they wanted to purchases and going home happy.
nice people and customer friendly
Department Manager (Former Employee), chantilly, VAAugust 31, 2015
Pros: nice people, supportive customers
Cons: low pay
NICE benefits, workplace, teamwork, location, location, location.
Building knowledge skills and networking, Great people great customer support. benefits, benefits.
A decent job when you really need one.
Dairy/Frozen/Meat Associate (Former Employee), Palmdale, CAAugust 31, 2015
Pros: Computer training is good. Advancement is possible with hard work.
Cons: Pay is very low, on the job training could be better at times, benefits could be better, and the higher ups could learn to follow their own policies and mantras.
A lot is expected of any one employee. No matter how much labor is cut, they expect the same results as when there are 3 times the employees scheduled. The pay is low for even advanced positions within a store, and there is a lot of favoritism that goes on, that can infringe upon a good employees advancement. There is generally plenty of training, although they are known to "throw someone in" to a job they may not be ready for. Most of management is willing to help with any questions, usually. The best part of working at this company is the comradery that usually happens with coworkers. We all just tried to work hard, and help each other whenever we could. I already had a lot of grocery and retail experience, but I learned a lot about Walmart policy and their ways.
Great group of people to be around and flexible schedules
Department Manager (Current Employee), Huntley, ILAugust 31, 2015
Fairly easy going job and there is always somebody to turn to for help. The work can sometimes seem overwhelming but the management team often understands as long as you are showing one hundred percent effort. Management is always there to support and push you just the right amount to be better.
A company with great benefits
Intern pharmacist (Current Employee), San Clemente, CaAugust 31, 2015
Pros: always enough staff to help
Cons: too many non pharmacy related questions
First and for most Walmart is a company that provides great benefits for its employees. I love my store because everyone is very knowledgeable of their work and the environment is super friendly.
I was very welcomed as a new employee when I started with the company and everyone was super helpful in teaching me what I needed to know to do my job in the best way.
No life balance, dictatorship, poor treatment
Overnight Maintenance (Former Employee), Grand Rapids, MNAugust 31, 2015
Pros: Co-workers were cool
Cons: This list could be a book, watch a few documentaries on youtube, they are all mostly true.
I worked 10 years for this company, if you don't drink the cool-aid, you get treated badly. The pay was poor, even for working overnights. Wal-Mart has shown time and time again they could pay their employees more. I traveled to help other Wal-Marts in the area, they were all structured the same, and treatment was poor in all of them. 8 hour shift, 12-18 hours of work in task manager, penalized for not completing the work. I worked maintenance, or at least I tried to, they would just pull maintenance workers to help them stock and let the quality of the store go to waste, this is a theme in most Wal-Marts. The sick policy gets abused so people can actually get time off, you also don't get to use your sick pay for the first day you miss, but you can for the next two, encouraging you to use your sick time for the next two since you were being docked an absence anyway. Poor environment, most managers don't have a clue, overnight managers run the place with an iron fist. I have never seen management and a company as a whole get away with so much poor treatment and illegal practices.
Average
Department Manager (Former Employee), sealy,TXAugust 31, 2015
Pros: Helpful Coworkers, Nice Environment
Cons: Different levels of Management
The workplace was fine as so was the coworkers.Management could of been better.Overall it was a very nice place to work as long as you can see different views on how to complete a job.
WalMart Logistics
Asset Protection Area Manager (Former Employee), Pageland, SCAugust 31, 2015
Pros: You become a large family.
I worked for WalMart for 20 years. I started working there when the work rate of pay was $4.00. I held many positions through out the years. Asset Protection Area Manager was a great job. I learned it so much that I became the trainer for new managers that were hired and would go to other stores in our district to help out. I was offered a job in Logistics doing basically the same thing except it was for groceries instead of retail. The training was intense and was on my own with the assistance of an employee in that area for that day. During my probationary period I made a procedural mistake and I was let go. I use it as a training tool. I shop at WalMart and I still look for things that need to be corrected. I still get calls from people that work there asking a questions or basically needing help with something. If I can help them I do.
Headquarters