Walmart
50,302 reviews

Walmart Employee Reviews

It's a great Company to work for.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Sacramento, CAJuly 28, 2015
It's all about making the numbers and being Fast,Friendly and Clean.
And it's about Customer Service and Low Prices.
Most of all it's about taking care of our associates.
Great place to build experience but no real room to move up.
Electronic Sales Associate (Former Employee), Hamilton, NJJuly 27, 2015
Pros: Store Discount
Cons: No holidays, low pay
A good start with no experience required. However, there is no real room for advancement within the company. Due to the amount of customers that come through it a great way to build patience and learn how to work with people as well. Biggest downsides were lack of holidays and long hours with small pay and bonus.
cashier
cashier (Former Employee), Mcallen texasJuly 27, 2015
Pros: meeting new people
Cons: short breaks, overworked
Working at Walmart was a very fun experience because you get to meet new people. The management is not good. they don't work with school schedules. they overwork you and pay you not enough.
Tire and Lube Tech
Tire and Lube Technician (Former Employee), North Little Rock, ARJuly 27, 2015
A very fast paced job that i enjoyed. I learned various skills that I was able to use not only at work but at my other jobs as well.
good ideal that didnt follow though
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Kansas City, MOJuly 27, 2015
great start but failed in the end to cutting reports hours to save budget leaving our customers unhappy and upset with there visit
IMS Associate (Current Employee), Newport, SCJuly 27, 2015
well one night we started with 800 picks in the RF gun, so we did all them in 3 hours.I learnd that you have work as a team in some case during the shitf. Management was okay sometimes. I love my co works they my day on third shitf. Well the hardest task was getting stuff down and read for christmas time. Well that would have too be bonus time.
Associate
Wal-Mart Associate (Former Employee), Mulberry, FLJuly 27, 2015
Pros: fun environment
Cons: dealing with rude people
Walmart is a fun place to work, however; they don't care about their employees families, they don't offer very many hours to new employees, and they don't really care about medical issues that one may have.
Productive but stressful.
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Eden, NCJuly 27, 2015
Pros: Paycheck
Cons: short breaks, low hours.
Needs to hire more people, Im tired of having to cover for others that are not there and having to do a job that Im not getting paid for.
Walmaret is unpredictable
Cashier (Former Employee), Lawrenceville, GaJuly 27, 2015
At Walmart you will be trained to work any position in the store if you are a hard worker. The pay is low and the hours are 32 or less. Employees got a pay raise to $9.00 an hour but your hours were reduced. The customers are usually fantastic and most managers are afraid of the person they report to. Bottom line Walmart is all about big profits by paying low wages
productive
cashier (Former Employee), athens, alJuly 27, 2015
The managers were understanding and nice. Loved the coworkers they were very friendly and worked well together. Breaks are fifteen minutes so not too bad. Pretty much an easy job.
typical retail experience
Cashier (Former Employee), Plano, TXJuly 27, 2015
Assist customers with purchases, handle large monetary transactions including but not limited to: cash, checks, coupons, price comparisons and debit/credit cards. Maintain a clean, safe, and Texas Alcohol and Beverage commission compliant work place.
Pretty enjoyable work environment.
Stocker (Former Employee), Bluffton, INJuly 27, 2015
Stocking at Wal-Mart was an interesting & joyful experience. Daily activities include finding where products are stocked, breaking down boxes, a meeting before your work-day begins, & working along-side others.
Pleasant Atmosphere
Sales Floor Associate (Former Employee), Decatur, ALJuly 27, 2015
Pros: Bonus, discounts
Cons: Mid-nights
Sales floor associate gets to interact with co-workers and meet the customers. Learning how to custom mix paint for the customers was very challenging but rewarding.
Productive workplace.
Cashier (Former Employee), Warrensburg, MOJuly 27, 2015
Walmart was great about working around my school schedule and other needs that I had. I had trouble getting hours though, and would be off for a few days at a time.
calm and laid back work place
pharmacy sales associate (Former Employee), San Leandro, CAJuly 27, 2015
typical day at Walmart would be to retrieve prescriptions. maintain a safe and clean work area. and serve as a cashier part time on the front end
productive
Inventory management (Current Employee), Winchester, VAJuly 27, 2015
great place to work for and to start you carrer. love the way in which they treat and respect their employees. Also love they way that they will work with you if you need personal time off.
fun and productive
stocker (Former Employee), richmond vaJuly 27, 2015
Pros: happy place
Cons: no advancement
loaded and unloaded grocery truck and also stocked grocery shelves with other stocker keeping the floors and shelves clean. fun job
Forever changing
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Aiken, SCJuly 27, 2015
I learned a lot working at Walmart. With all of the different types of people that comes in the store. Has helped me become very diverse. Also help me to think on my toes.
good company, good benifits
dept. mrg. (Former Employee), east stroudsburg paJuly 27, 2015
Cons: healthcare improvments, breaks on time should be addressed
great tranning, advancement , very diverse, employes disable folks, wonderful co-workers who most become life long friends,
Great
Cashier/ Jewelry Associate (Former Employee), 571 Walton BlvdJuly 27, 2015
Pros: meeting new people
Cons: none
I enjoyed interacting with customers as well as fellow associates. By the time I left Walmart, I had made many friends. The experience and training was well worth it.

1 2 3 4 5

About Walmart

Wal-Mart Stores, Inc., branded as Walmart since 2008 and Wal-Mart before then, is an American public multinational corporation – Read more

Walmart Salaries