Walmart Employee Reviews

Found 82,375 reviews matching the search
Very Friendly
Courtesy Associate (Former Employee) –  Topeka, KSMay 26, 2017
Most friendly team i have worked with, taught me alot about customer service and had great career opportunities. I however did not like the pathways system as it would not let move through at the rate i desired instead made me learn in 2 day to 2 week increments
Pros
Opportunitys, good team and structure
Cons
Tardy System and did not allow you to go at your own pace on pathways
Worst place to work. Store 2005
Sco host (Former Employee) –  Kannapolis, NCMay 26, 2017
Management is very unprofessional, they do not care about the store nor the employees. The benefits are great, they pay decent. But they expect you dedicate your life without helping you advance your position or anything. Worst experience ever.
pretty solid
Overnight Shipping & Receiving Associate (Former Employee) –  Baden, PAMay 26, 2017
I liked the job itself, I just didn't like the way management played favorites and there were a lot of double standards. Hardest part of the job was finding enough time to get all your work done, most enjoyable part was being busy enough where the night would go by quickly. Working with my coworkers was enjoyable too.
Pros
discount on cerain things
Cons
management
hard to get on fulltime
Ambassador Caffery (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAMay 26, 2017
I stocked shelves with product. helped customers find product in the store. and loaded their vehicles with product at different times. management was not around all the time looking over our shoulders
Pros
decent lunches
Cons
worked out doors
Just don't
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Onalaska, WIMay 25, 2017
Starting out its okay, but dealing with customers who think they can treat you less then other people because its Walmart is terrible. Its not worth the stress...
Pros
Hour lunch, Discount
Cons
Customers, Dirty work environment, Lazy staff
fun work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVMay 25, 2017
I was an electronics sales associate so i would help them out with tvs laptops and stuff like that. As well as i would help with activation on cell phones.
Unprofessional management, many hardworking associates
Unloader/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Douglasville, GAMay 25, 2017
There is a lot of negative energy and racial tension, primarily in the department I work. Harsh and unnecessary comments from supervisors and management. This job is more mentally straining than physical. Employees are constantly left in the dark when changes are made.
Pros
bonuses, associate awards
Cons
negativity throughout store, poor management
It was an easy job if you are a people person, but if you don't play well with others this definitely isn't the job for you.
Walmart Supercenter (Former Employee) –  Dublin, VAMay 25, 2017
Management was okay, some were rude others were great. They train you well, and at a decent pace. It's a fun place to work, not hard at all. Great hours.
Pros
Ok pay &a benefits. Great opportunities to advance
Cons
Depends what kind of people you work with. Sometimes there are rude people/management.
Ambiente de trabajo divertido
Bakery Associate (Former Employee) –  New JerseyMay 25, 2017
Me encantó trabajar para Walmart y lo volvería hacer si se me diera la oportunidad
Great place to teach you the morals of mind over body
RSR (Current Employee) –  Opelousas, LAMay 25, 2017
Walmart is a great place to work at to build a good mature mind frame to teach you good work ethics. Walmart is company that is steady changing for the company best interest but not the associates
great
Assistant Manager- Operations (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LAMay 25, 2017
Great place to work a.always a team efforts and it becomes your family a.its fast paced place to work it can be stressful but it balances itself out eventually
Pros
money
Productive fun workplace
Sales Associate/Backroom associate (Former Employee) –  Victorville, CAMay 25, 2017
I probided quality customer service. Learned a lot about retail and also had opportunity to move department in the time I was there. I enjoyed learning where everything belonged
Pros
Meeting new people constantly
Cons
Part time job
convenient schedule, fun, fast paced
Overnight Stocker (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 25, 2017
Graveyard shift is what is is. Working with two children at home was convenient. Coworkers were friendly, managers for the most part were nice and understanding but knew how to motivate.
ok
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Raynham, MAMay 25, 2017
typical job, was a cashier sometimes floated around to other departments, overtime was offered. typically had a 30 hour work week. management constantly rotated so sometimes it became an issue.
Very demanding place to work
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Leesburg, FLMay 25, 2017
They say the customer comes first, but they really don't. Management is never on the same page. One manager tells you to do something. Then another manager comes along and tells you to do something else. They never schedule enough people. Then the one person has to cover 4 departments and gets into trouble when their department doesn't look good.
Great work place
Walmart Stocker (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 25, 2017
I was happy working for the company. I quit due to hours being cut, and was promised full-time but never received it. I could no longer pay my rent, or other bills.
Pros
Great work place, great employees.
Cons
Not enough hours
Long and sometimes frustrating.
Customer Care Associate (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 25, 2017
The hardest part about the job is being nice to the customers who are clearly wrong. The work day is pretty standard, come to work take a lunch and then leave.
Walmart Culture
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Harker Heights, TXMay 25, 2017
As a manager days can be somewhat hectic but can be rewarding. I have made many connections throughout my time there, as well as helped in the development of many associates
Bad Pay, No Benefits
Produce Associate (Former Employee) –  Adrian, MIMay 25, 2017
Could have changed by now but when i worked there the pay was super low and no benefits. Some of the people were okay but the sole focus is sales goals.
Productive steady work place. Very fast pace.
NHM Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCMay 25, 2017
A typical day at work for me was busy. Busy because i kept myself busy. Wal-Mart always has work. I learn how to work with others and I prefer to work alone at times. I love to work. Management I learned control and discipline. Became wiser and even more knowledgeable. The culture was mixed and valuable. Hardest part of the job is not meeting expectations. The customers are the most enjoyable part of the job.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Walmart. Our community is ready to answer.