Walmart Employee Reviews

Found 62,436 reviews matching the search
Depends on the location and connection to higher level management
CAP2 (Former Employee) –  La Habra, CASeptember 24, 2016
Good company to work for when the store manger is a intelligent proactive hard worker. The Assistant mangers also play a key role in the success of the store and work environment. Bad attitudes and poor work ethics effects everyone. The stock is decent. Schedules are usually not solid, so flexibility is a must but your position and departments are a factor. Some stores are pleasant as a employee or shopper and others are completely opposite. Overall i would recommend someone to work at Walmart if they needed a job.
Great starting job !
Department Manager (Current Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PASeptember 24, 2016
The atmosphere is all about management. Successful management can make the working experience much better ! If you work hard for your managers they will work just as hard for you !
Depends on Location
Frozen/Dairy Associate (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXSeptember 24, 2016
If it is a Walmart within Arkansas, especially near Bentonville where their headquarters is located, the Walmart's are great.

If it's anywhere else, not at all.
Good pay for Hard Work
Order Filler/Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Harrisonville, MOSeptember 24, 2016
I would say they do a good job of training and making you aware of what is expected. The job itself is not hard. You are expected to meet a certain producton level but it is not hard to meet at all. I actually met it on my first day. Work hard, and you will make extra money.
There is no work/life balance
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Falcon, COSeptember 24, 2016
A lot of stress dealing with the store manager daily notes before working on anything else can be done

Merchandising, store operations, and why everyone in retail is so stressed

Draconian, passive aggressive bullies who play obvious favorites; also, while management states where training is available, no time is available to do the training to enhance job performance

Stressed-out, back stabbing; favoritism is rampant

There is a lot to do and no time to do it; no gratitude is offered for doing well, I specifically was subject to double standards and discrimination

Learning what I can about operations and training others to do well; I have always and will always enjoy teaching
Productive and safe workplace
Traffic Clerk (Current Employee) –  Hermiston, ORSeptember 24, 2016
This is a great company to work for, with competitive wages and great benefit packages. With also the opportunity to move up in the company for successful careers.
it is walmart..... what else can be said
Tire Lube Express Technician (Former Employee) –  Aransas Pass, TXSeptember 24, 2016
my experience at all four walmarts is that you never know where you stand with the company and if you do real well and excel at your job management will assume you are after their job and report fictitious problems to upper management..... you will NEVER know because upper management never communicates middle managements problem with you. You will never move ahead unless you are friends or family with someone already in management
Pros
10% discount
Cons
miserable work conditions, no internal promtions, i.e. mangers are not promted from with in the company.
Entertaining work enviroment.
Overnight Support Manager (Current Employee) –  Enterprise, ALSeptember 24, 2016
Easy to advance with hard work and dedication. Some mangers are great to work for. Cashiering is a lot of fun if your into customer service.Flexible work hours.
managed 15 to 20 cashiers, kept the cash registers were handle well and handled large sums of money with no discrepancies
Customer Service Manager (CSM) (Former Employee) –  Attalla, ALSeptember 24, 2016
A typical day at work would be assigning employee breaks, keeping cash registers and cashiers supplied with money, overseeing the money center, and interacting with the public. My co workers were great to work with as well as management. The hardest part of the job was solving monetary problems and assisting with different departments. I really enjoyed interacting with the public.
Working hard pays off
OVERNIGHT STOCKER (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CASeptember 24, 2016
I worked hard no matter the mood I was in, I enjoyed helping each customer as they were a close friend. No matter the question I seemed to always have an answer. I worked hard and was rewarded with a higher position and I always challenged myself no matter what.
A Mediocre workplace with minimal challenges and almost NO advancement opportunities
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Rogers, ARSeptember 24, 2016
A day at work was long and usually pieced together with Managers from other departments taking you from your work and putting you somewhere else, only to have you reprimanded for leaving your workstations.
I learned that large companies like Wal-Mart do not care about employees. They are seen as costs
Management was constantly fighting themselves, fighting for employees and never getting anything done properly or on-time due to this process
Co-workers were good, just for the fact they were all stuck in the same position as everyone else
The hardest part of the job was dealing with the indecisive managers and the constant reprimand from them
My co-workers were the best part
Pros
N/A
Cons
Health Insurance costs, overtime punishment, management complications
If you need to get by
Inventory Control Specialist (Former Employee) –  Littleton, COSeptember 24, 2016
Walmart is competitive in a salary point of view but you are never anything special no matter how hard you work. They do not seemed concerned with the actual person or anything happening in their lives
Stable
Stock Associate (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 24, 2016
Stable minor not too exciting on working for the company feel as if there are not too much help on getting assistance on an with issues.
Pros
Easy Workplace
Cons
Too Much Management
Loved it
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Somerset, KYSeptember 24, 2016
It was one of my favorite jobs. I highly enjoyed everyday of it. I would recommend it to anyone. Going in there to work everyday was wonderful. Meeting all the people was amazing.
Learned a lot
Director, Executive Compensation (Former Employee) –  Bentonville, ARSeptember 24, 2016
Learned a lot. Able to do some international travel. Nice people. Con - very cheap. Great access to senior management. Very smart people. Compensation is competetive. I really enjoyed working with the people there. They are a joy to work with.
I love walmart
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 24, 2016
I have been very happy with everything walmart has to offer and I would not mind going back to work for them. I relocated to dallas and im not so happy with this area
A good job, but wasn't for me.
Produce Associate (Former Employee) –  Ocean Springs, MSSeptember 24, 2016
Good hours and pay was great, I wouldn't work over night the people were really negative and it provided a not great place to stay at like my other jobs.
So-so work place
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Paintsville, KYSeptember 24, 2016
Drama filled environment where people go to gossip and make your life much more stressful than it already is. Good pay, flexible scheduling. So if you can deal with that definitely worth it.
Pros
Good pay, flexible schedule
Cons
Stressful work environment, hard to advance
It was a good workplace.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Batesburg-Leesville, SCSeptember 24, 2016
It was a good work place. The managers was good and they were very fair. I learned to work at a steady paste and be the best i can be.My coworkers was fair and i did not participate with anything but the job. The hardest about the job is knowing your job performance and was it acceptable to the employer.
Pros
Getting an hour lunch break was awesome.
Cons
The hours was not good for me, because i had children.
Dont work here.
Overnight Cashier (Former Employee) –  Kennesaw, GASeptember 24, 2016
if you enjoy being a cog in a machine and not being treated like a human being this is the place for you.

dont work here. pay is decent but its not worth it. you will leave a bitter and hateful person. this is the kind of job that makes you dead inside.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Walmart. Our community is ready to answer.