Walmart Employee Reviews

Found 62,703 reviews matching the search
It's a part time job
Deli Worker (Current Employee) –  Santa Fe Springs, CASeptember 29, 2016
While having stayed at the company for an extended amount of time i have seen many pros and cons and depending on the area your walmart is located you may or may not be properly staffed. There is also the fact that depending on workplace location customers might give you a hard time.
Pros
Discount Card after 6 monthes, Long lunches
Cons
understafffed, disagreements with management
Several really good Managers
Meat Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Wichita Falls, TXSeptember 29, 2016
There are several really great managers working there. They will do their best to work with you on all aspects for life that may hinder you coming in on time, or even at all.
Walmart
Butcher (Current Employee) –  Castle Rock, COSeptember 29, 2016
Wal mart is a great place to work if you're just starting out. I wish there was more balance in the work schedule and flexability with the management. Pay is horrible
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
Communication with management is poor
Decent Job
Bakery Worker (Current Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IASeptember 29, 2016
Its a decent job but the management isn't very good. Co-workers are what makes the day go by fast especially in a slow paced environment like bakery. The hardest part of the job would be to find something to do when all of your work is done for the day.
It was okay
Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Columbia, TNSeptember 29, 2016
This job was only part time. I was only here for a short period of time. I learned I needed full time which is where Calsonic came in. This review is a waste of time
Productive work place
Truck Unloader/Stocker (Former Employee) –  Slidell, LASeptember 29, 2016
It was helpful in times of need. I met lots of good people and new faces. Felt good to help others meet their satisfactory. Good team members, hard workers and friendly employees
Pros
Friendly people
Cons
Crowded work environment
Co-workers were fun to work with on a daily basis.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLSeptember 29, 2016
Meeting new people and interacting with them was the most enjoyable part of my job experience there. My co-workers were friendly and comical. One or two of the managers could have used a class in guest service.
Great environment
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Paramount, CASeptember 29, 2016
This job was a fun experience. I enjoyed all of the supervisors and employees that I worked with. If i had another chance I would enjoy to work for this company and store again.
I have worked with different kinds of people and the one is you learn over and over again is what you give is what you get.
Wal-Mart Cashier (Current Employee) –  Saint Cloud, MNSeptember 29, 2016
A typical day at work for me would be as soon as i clock in i'm up front helping with the cashiering and helping customer, usually I'm a casher but it depends on how slow or fast the day is. I learn something new everyday. My co-worker are very supportive throughout anything and they try to understand you on their best way as possible. the hardest day of the job would maybe being the only cashier with no help, and lastly the most enjoyable day would be finishing the day with the smile you started with.
Pros
multi cultural, honesty
Cons
discrimination
Review Summary
Support Manager/Dept. Manager (Current Employee) –  Waldron, ARSeptember 29, 2016
Quick paced environment to be dedicated to all customers and focused on working wit integrity and morality to those around you. Unloading trucks, stocking, customer centered focus and a great family oriented team around you.
Pros
flex scheduling, responsibility, pay
Cons
cutting of hours at time, dedication without recognitions
very energetic work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Independence, MOSeptember 29, 2016
my days were busy.
how to be more patient
new appreciation for management
teamwork
more organized
having a satisfied customer
Pros
Great breaks, excellent benefits package
Cons
better restrooms
Fast paced always moving
Claims Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Westfield, MASeptember 29, 2016
Its not a bad place to work if you are either younger or if you want to stay and make a career out of it. There is a lack of communication with management to associates.
Horrible
Sale Associate (Former Employee) –  DeSoto, TXSeptember 29, 2016
Walmart is a horrible company. Everyday was a nightmare, I had to double work myself because no one would work. Management was lazy and bias as h*ll. I got coaching and fired over someone not working. It is a slave company and does not give two f*cks about their associate. The only people who "Enjoy/love" the company are those white people who automatically get an management job. They only want money and will milk you of everything you have until they decide to lie and get rid of you. If they don't like you, they will make it hard for you to get a job by lying. They cleared out a whole department claiming they stole when one associate stole and left the company weeks before. Everything was horrible. I do not recommend the job to anyone.
Pros
Customers
Cons
Productive and fun work place
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Temecula, CASeptember 29, 2016
Working for Wal-Mart was the best just sOme employees were very angry but I did my job an communicated with co workers an made there day even though they weren't very happy
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Short breaks
Productive work place bad scheduling
Wal-Mart Cashier (Current Employee) –  Lockport, NYSeptember 29, 2016
It's an okay place but scheduling is terrible can't get off on holidays and it's mildly disorganized. It is bare able for the moment but not for a long term job or career
Decent place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Locust, NCSeptember 29, 2016
It isn't the most luxurious, but the co-workers get their jobs done. Well kept up place, nice managers that are willing to work with you, etc.
Nice Supervisors, nice backroom with reclining massage chairs.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Timnath, COSeptember 29, 2016
My day starts when I clock in for work. I go to the front and search for a supervisor to tell me where to go. They tell me to either go on a register, or a self checkout. On registers, I make sure I scan every item and bag it in an organized manner. I make the customer happy by asking how their day was or talk about something that they show interest in so they feel comfortable. I count money and give the correct change back so that the customer gets the correct amount of change back, and the company is not losing money. At the self Checkout, I make sure that the items are scanned correctly. Sometimes, items are scanned twice or not at all. It is important to pay attention, especially if I am in charge of multiple registers. I also help customers if they have a problem or if they have questions. The management is pretty good, they are nice, but they are disciplined enough to get the job done. My co-workers are amazing, we get along nicely. The hardest part of the job is making sure that everyone is happy. Sometimes customers come in with a bad mood and it is impossible to make them happy. I had one customer ask me to be quiet and just bag her items, after all I said was "Hello, how are you?" Sometimes people have a bad day, but I learned to be sensitive to a person's situation. The best part of my job is bagging Items. I think it's pretty fun trying to decide which item goes in what bag. It's kind of like a puzzle.
Pros
Party for Holidays, Christmas is off, hour lunch, Benefits
Cons
standing for hours
produvity
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Abilene, TXSeptember 29, 2016
Walmart have taught me a lot on how to help the customers wether they are happy or angry the most important thing is to know how to handle it.Management is good they listen to you and sometimes when things are not right there are there to help you out
Pros
Free meal when we work together as a family
This was a good place to work alarm management skills people skills a company that you put in and you receive benefits for what you put in overall I w
Cashier/Customer Service Desk.customer mgrt. (Former Employee) –  Tillmans Corner Mobile AlabamaSeptember 29, 2016
This company made an overall statement in my life they were willing to train you for any position in this store in this company I learned customer service skills I learn people skills how to learn computer skills promotions for always available I worked at several positions in the store customer service desk cashiering csma phone clerk. The Don Wiggins is the store manager he knows all of his employees by name he's constantly trying to promote you then uplift you he is willing to or with the community and work for the good of his store I think I learned a lot about management skills from Don Wiggins
Pros
Incentive bonus, christmas bonuses, a company that promoted women and men to better position within the company.
Cons
Overall No cons
Productive and fun work place as a cashier
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Weslaco, TXSeptember 29, 2016
Everyday was a challenge you would deal with. Sometimes you would have to learn how to deal with an upset customer or upset co worker. The most enjoyable part of work was the different faces you would see everyday making sure the customer was happy.
Pros
FUN WORKPLACE
Cons
SO MANY EMPLOYEES VERY LITTLE TIME TO MEET ALL

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Walmart. Our community is ready to answer.