Walmart

51.9K reviews

Walmart Employee Reviews

Some fun but allways hussleing
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Manchester, NHAugust 29, 2015
Pros: Barba Q'S
Cons: Working extra then cutting the time.
First I check with department lead to,find out what needs to be done then do them .During this I do breaks and lunches for coworkers, also operate fork lift .How to stay on a steady pace, cashiering department managers tasks and duties. Some are some are there for the pay. Getting everything done. Working with the customers.
Productive Workplace
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZAugust 29, 2015
During a typical work day I assist customers with returning items, finding items throughout the store or direct them to the nearest store where it is available and assist in other places I'm needed. I enjoy working with my co-worker and my direct manager while making sure the customer is satisfied with their experience in our store. The hardest part of my job is making sure a angry customer walks out a happy customer.
For retail it's exactly what you would expect
Shift Manager/ Co Manager (Current Employee), Chicago, ILAugust 29, 2015
Typical retail operations with high some time not attainable goals with inexperienced or less than desired staff. Salary and benefits keep you there. Constant change in direction and leadership make you stay very adaptable.
A terrible place to work
Customer Service (Former Employee), monroe, ncAugust 29, 2015
Pros: co-workers were diverse and kind
Cons: was often called off lunch breaks early, was often degraded by management
A typical day was spent putting out stock helping customers and doing what ever task management deemed necessary. I learned patience in dealing with the public and helping customers. Management was lazy and degrading towards associates. Co-workers were great but beaten down. The hardest part was dealing with upset customers and lazy management. The most enjoyable part of the job were my co-workers
fun place to work.
Customer Service Representative/Cashier (Current Employee), Chesterfield, MOAugust 29, 2015
Pros: great employee discounts
Cons: n/a
Walmart is a fun place to work and there is always room to grow.It is a safe fun and fair environment.A typical day would be working on a register providing great customer service skills to great customers.The management team is awesome i will say that there is more managers needed.the most enjoyable part of the job is working with a diverse group of customers and making them laugh and smile,eveyone pretty much have a story to tell.The hardest part of the job is around holiday time when there isnt many cashiers in and theres a store full of angry customers.
bad workplace
Deli Associate (Former Employee), Haines City, FLAugust 29, 2015
Pros: none at all
Cons: they are overall bad
Walmart is the worst company to work for, they are not fair, they work you hard and do not pay well and they receive bad ratings daily. I like a company that treats everyone equal.
fun at times but some times stressful
customer service (Former Employee), millville njAugust 29, 2015
this is a job that can be very fun but also very demanding and stressful. however they do pay more than most people think. I worked here for 7 years and I made a bunch of friends and moved up rather quick
Terrible place to work. Get abused by customers and management.
Training Coordinator (Former Employee), Oceanside, CAAugust 29, 2015
Pros: Some of my coworkers were fun and nice
Cons: terrible management, not enough hours, abused by customers.
I worked at walmart for 5 years. The first two years were great, good hours and plenty of workers to cover the floors and provide customer service. And then, it just changed. They started cutting hours and pretty much forcing people to quit and they did not replace them.

People are overworked, abuse by management and we are treated with so much disrespect by our regular customers. Management won't do anything to stop the harassment, if anything since they don't want to deal with it, they send them our way and walk away.

You are forced to do jobs that are over your pay grade and have to cover two to three areas at the same time.

I'll miss some of my coworkers, but the company has a lot of weirdos too. I would not miss not the company.
They lack the management of othe Walmart Stores
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Penitas, TXAugust 29, 2015
Pros: Being left alone
Cons: Take advantage of you being a newbie
They don't have enough resources to teach you well and they don't really care about your life outside of work. I tired getting help to accommodate to my kids life and needs but they refused to help any further more. Personnel is knowledgeable but any other is not.
Customer Service Rep. (Former Employee), El Reno, OKAugust 29, 2015
Having a degree holds little to no value within this company. One is better served to start early (and on the bottom) and to give it your all.
Productive New Company
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Ellaville, GAAugust 29, 2015
Pros: Hour Lunch, 15 Minute grace period before clock in
Cons: none noted
Ok work environment, I had poor, unprofessional management though. New tp the Neighborhood Market stores, they are very convient.
Productive work place with opportunity to get promoted
Unloader/Processor (Current Employee), Lagrange, GaAugust 29, 2015
Pros: Job security and being able to get promoted
Cons: Long hours
A typical day at Wal-Mart is all about being productive, efficient, and working safe.

There are different things to learn everyday at the DC, whether it's because you are cross training or learning something you may never knew about your job.

Managers at Wal-Mart are very respectful of the employees and push the associates to better themselves each and everyday.

The associates at Wal-Mart are some of the hardest working individual working in logistics and some are willing to go the extra mile to help the company.

I can honestly say there is nothing hard about my job, it can be demanding at times, but it wouldn't be work if it wasn't some what hard.

The most enjoyable part of my job and the many jobs I can learn and knowing if management need me somewhere I will be able to do the job.
Liked to interact with public
Wal-Mart Cashier (Current Employee), Denton, TXAugust 29, 2015
I enjoy working here. I love interacting with the public. Its a fun place to work. I like the atmosphere in the store. The employees are nice. Management is very nice and helpful in making your work day a pleasant and easy experience.
Productive place to work
Order Filler (Former Employee), Bedford, PAAugust 29, 2015
The working atmosphere there was overall good. The co-workers were friendly and helpful. The management did their part to provide a good and safe working environment.
walmart review
cart pusher to overnight stocker (Former Employee), Caldwell, IDAugust 29, 2015
Pros: discounts
Cons: the hours i was working
everyday Walmart was an awesome company to work for there so many things to learn there I've learned how to use so many things through the store to get by the day so fast. managers where always on there A game they always made sure everybody suppose to do what they suppose to do co-workers where alright they tried to help out the best way they can, hardest part of the job at Walmart to me was overnights cause there so many things to do overnights in fast pace, the most thing I enjoy at Walmart was seeing somebody smile on hard days that always got me to work everyday.
Productive and pleasant place to work.
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee), Eureka, MOAugust 29, 2015
Pros: Paid time and a half. Good yearly raises.
Cons: Not enough employees. Short staffed most of the time.
Very busy fast paced environment. Required much team work. Meeting new people everyday was the most enjoyable part. Great management and co-workers to work with.
It has it's pros and cons
Floor Associate/Cashier (Current Employee), Yorktown, VAAugust 29, 2015
Pros: Meet new people
Cons: Time spent on the hard floor is not easy on the body
I enjoyed my job on the floor because I feel like I was making a difference in the store. Each day was a little different and when I left I could see where what I did that day made the area neater, cleaner, and better for the customer. Cashiering is not the job for me however, and with some internal restructuring that wouldn't work with my life requirements, I had to go back to being a cashier and thus facilitated a need for me to look for something more fulfilling. I enjoyed customer interaction, stocking, maintaining a neat and clean work area, rotating the product to ensure freshness and keeping it relevant to the shopper. It's a lot of time on your feet, and can be a lot of heavy lifting, but it's not so bad if you are keeping moving.
Always work needing to be done.
Department Manager (Former Employee), Cedar Park, TXAugust 29, 2015
Pros: Working with a pretty good team.
Cons: Being on your feet the whole time.
Always work needing to be done: Whether its setting up a new display, pulling stock or assisting customers. The day always flew by.
Busy, Busy, Busy
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, COAugust 29, 2015
Pros: free food, nice people, confidentiality
Cons: some managers, absences policy, coachings
The typical day starts with checking your activites and then completeing them in a timely matter. I learned how to process returns, put away new merchandise, set up and take down displays, and many more things. The management is okay. Some managers are better than others. My zone manager was the nicest person and would help you put I you needed it. My co-workers are nice enough. I was in a group of ten girls and two boys, things could get nasty with attitudes. The hardest part of my job was putting away a bunch of carts of stuff away in the time required. This was hard because I was still being called to do other tasks. The most enjoyable part of my job was being able to get to know my co-workers.
Productive and equal treatment of employees
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Monticello, ARAugust 29, 2015
Pros: You get experience for retail jobs
Cons: Can be to harsh to employees without realizing
When I was working at Wal-Mart it wasn't too bad. The only complaint I have is that they need to be more understanding when a woman gets pregnant.
Headquarters