Walmart Employee Reviews

Found 76,436 reviews matching the search
Walmart
Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Bentonville, ARApril 23, 2017
I enjoyed my time at Walmart. The teams that I worked with felt more like family than corporate America. The best part of every day was watching how the business continued to grow so that we could continue to save people money so that they could live better.
Walmart is a great place to build friendship with co workers,
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  New Port Richey, FLApril 23, 2017
Walmart,you will bust your tail to work for.you never have set schedule,you have multiple jobs to do in one day cause they never have enough workers I've cashier ran toys worked sporting goods it's a lot but if your up for it you can do it
Pros
Co worker, hour lunch, customers
Fun environment to be in
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Greeley, COApril 23, 2017
My experience at Walmart was amazing as working there many employees showed me a lot, worked with me through the struggling stages also guided me in the right direction.
Lots of Work
Overnight Stocker (Former Employee) –  Toms River, NJApril 23, 2017
· I built aisles and used planograms to build the shelves. grabbed items from the truck and stocked them on the shelves throughout the store. At the end of the shift, the whole store is recovered. I learned how to read planograms. Workplace culture was very unprofessional. Hardest part of the job was the long shifts. Most enjoyable part was the co-employees and long breaks.
Pros
Long Breaks, The Pay, Easy Job
Cons
Physical Labor, Rude Managers.
Great first job!!
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Kankakee, ILApril 23, 2017
Working for Walmart had a great impact on my life, I learned how to help people and the aspects of what retail work was all about. The management team was always when there was a problem that I needed help fixing. The hardest part was when you work in retail is knowing that you can't satisfy everyone's needs, but going above and beyond to help them is what I always tried to do. I enjoyed everyday I went to work.
Great pay
Cashier/Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Hope Mills, NCApril 23, 2017
Worked here for 6+ years. Learned alot about how to deal with irate/unruly customers. It's perfect for unexperienced individuals looking to work as well as learn in a fast paced work environment.
Pros
Great start pay
Cons
If ur part time very limited hours
productive
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Utica, NYApril 23, 2017
A great place to work. the workers are pleasant also. the pay was good too. I enjoyed my time there. I was given a chance there with no experience at first.
Pros
lunch breaks
Cons
hours on foot
Stressful Work Environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Manassas, VAApril 23, 2017
The company does not respect its employes, gives stressful work environment, poorly managed team, full of unprofessional managers, etc.

- Poor customer service
- Dirty store
- Sales expired food items
- sales cheap, duplicate chinese products
Pros
Cons
horribly managed and exploitative environment
stay away
Food Service asst (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 23, 2017
do not work here bad company ok pay nice people. ok environment managment sucks. Bad benefits for part-time. dont hire full-time. management sleeps around with employee.
Pros
pay
Cons
managment
Under paid
Associate (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 23, 2017
Under paid and worked weird hours and multiple shifts that throw off your schedule all the time. Management is poorly trained and they jank you around everywhere
Pros
Long lunches
Cons
Low pay, weird hours
A difficult job
Ladies wear dept. manager train/merchandising (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARApril 23, 2017
I enjoyed working in the departments and getting more done than most people that were my colleagues. The customers were the best part. Overall, both treat you well if you treat them well in return. The breaks were the hardest thing to get at this place of employment. There were good benefits available but this workplace always had a way of making you feel like you were walking on eggshells and hoping they would not break. The managements expectations were oftentimes unrealistic.
Pros
advancement capabilities
Cons
no regular breaks and cuts in hours the more time you work there
Good place to work. Lots of training and things to learn.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Cañon City, COApril 22, 2017
Good pay.. good benefits. 10 % employee discount. Advancement possibilities if desired. They tend to cut hours often if sales are down. Be prepared for constant change.
Pros
Employee discount
Cons
Too many chiefs... not enough indians
Its retail
Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Wooster, OHApril 22, 2017
Walmart is a good place to work if you like retail or working to help a retail store function. I worked in the maintenance dept, which was responsible for the overall cleanliness of the store, but also pulled freight, stocked shelves and helped customers as needed.

There is opportunity for advancement, but it is very competitive and many don't make the cut.

Walmart starts at the low end of the pay scale, but still better than some other retail stores.

Walmart has a good team culture.
Pros
Great team environment. Work is tediuos but not overly strenuous. Pay increses with years of service
Cons
Co-workers often seem intrusive, management is often reassigned or disconnected to employee needs.
Worst place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Rolling Meadows, ILApril 22, 2017
This is one of the worst places to work. The managers are incredibly dense and do not have even the most basic organizational nor management ability. The assistant managers will send you all over the store to work while your home department is left in a mess, which of course you will get yelled at for by your department manager.
Inventory Management
Backroom Associate (Former Employee) –  Holton, KSApril 22, 2017
I learned how hard inventory is to managed and how precise you have to be in managing it. The hardest part of the job was unloading trucks. It requires a lot of walking back and forth
What I learned
Unloader/Stocker (Former Employee) –  Silvis, ILApril 22, 2017
I learned there was great team work in the warehouse, they treated you like family, you weren't just another worker. It was a very family orientated place. I appreciated all of the support I felt.
Pros
Frequent breaks after unloading truck
Cons
The humidity of the truck
Just a bad place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 22, 2017
The rumors are true, Walmart is a horrible place to work for. Management and customers alike are rotten. NO BREAKS and they don't respect your schedule. sure you get a bonus but it comes at a price, low hours.
Pros
Cons
No breaks, bad pay, managers dont respect your availability
Wakmart sucks
Department Supervisor (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAApril 22, 2017
If you are just about money and can tune the managers out wal-mart is the place to go. But not as a manager just as an employee. The management time come around every year. You work hard and preform then another manage come tell you, you doing it wrong when your doing what the other manager told you what to do. The team never communicate with each other, no body know nothing that is going on in the store. The best thing about Walmart is the pay
Benefits
Cons
Communication and training
Not very nice co workers
Walmart deli (Former Employee) –  Winchester kyApril 22, 2017
Deli cooked food sliced meats cleaned served food and closed not very nice co workers but good bosses and willing to work around your scheldual and a few people were ok to work around
Pros
Cons
Unlikable co workers
walmart
Co manager (Former Employee) –  Ocoee, FLApril 22, 2017
Not a family friendly place. Great to work at if all you want is money, but if you value family and free time, it is not the place that you want to work at.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Walmart. Our community is ready to answer.