Walmart Employee Reviews in United States

Found 57,644 reviews matching the search
Millionaire company poor management
Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 29, 2016
Walmart being such a big company doesn't provide the keys you need as an associate to grow in the company. security for employees is horrible in this place. Customer will always be right no matter what the situation is. you see a lot of employees come and go.
loved the other workers and most highers ups but hated the job
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARMay 29, 2016
Before the store was built I worked at another one they where great and i liked working their then they opened the store and we where under staffed everybody tired their hardest to pick up the slack but their was to much to do so we had to skip our breaks just to keep up but despite that we persevered the hardest thing about that job was the constant standing i know that's the whole point but after a few months of standing I'm ready to go on and do other things with my life.
Pros
great breaks and lunch, fun people
Cons
full time hours while only working part time
i dont know
sales associate (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 29, 2016
this place was full of bull and the manager was smelling theyself to much didn't want hear they employees.but I was cool job either then that I couldn't be mad
Busy
Modular Specialist Associate (Current Employee) –  Monroe, NCMay 29, 2016
This job is okay although there is a lot of favoritism given to the ones that are most liked. Everyone doesn't get the same treatment.
Pros
2 breaks and one lunch
Cons
Not always fair
Productive and energetic workplace with excellent coworkers
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Anderson, INMay 29, 2016
A typical day at Walmart would consist of me working my assigned register for 2 hours at the beginning of my shift, which consists of greeting customers, scanning their items while engaging in typical conversation, and bagging them for the customer. I would then clock out for my 30 minute break. After break I would go back to my assigned register and continue my assigned duties. If the day were slow, and I didn't have any customers in my lane I would simply make sure my area is well kept, meaning all items on shelves are in the correct format and aisle is safe from any hazardous or dangerous items that would cause harm to any customer that went through my line. Next I would take my hour lunch where I could leave the premises if need be, take a smoke break, or relax in the break room. After lunch I would go back to my register and continue those same duties again, at this point my day is over, so I clean up my area make sure everything is in perfect condition, then I would clock out for the day, empty my locker, and head on home.
Pros
Interact with other coworkers if lanes are empty
Cons
N/A
Productive and fun experience.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Saint Robert, MOMay 29, 2016
Working at Walmart is something I never saw myself doing but I'am glad I did. It's a great experience for young adults because you get to adapt new skills and learn new things everyday.
Very productive
Overnight Stocker (Former Employee) –  Orangeburg, SCMay 29, 2016
We started at 10 o'clock. As soon as we get there we break down pallets and separate everything. usually we work 1 to 2 isles. Everything would've been done quicker if everyone pulled their own freight.
Pros
hour lunch
nice place to subcontract out of
stocker (Former Employee) –  OhioMay 29, 2016
Good people thay make sure every sub contractor has work every day. you make your own hours work as long as you want. and the store personnel are polite and curtious
Pros
good work
Cons
long drive
Job security with conditions
Optician (Current Employee) –  Quakertown, PAMay 29, 2016
I've worked with Wal-Mart for 16 years. As long as you do what your told and don't try to go too far above and beyond you may be able to advance if you know the right people. Fantastic vision coverage for insurance if you work full time. Overtime is treated as insubordination. If you have even a minute of overtime they have you cut it by taking a long lunch or clocking in later on next day of business. The sick policy is disgusting. You could have a presidential pardon for the day you were out and it would STILL be considered unexcused. The management temperament varies from person to person and you often find people being treated differently if their manager doesn't like them. The hardest part was finding the balance between ingenuity, voicing ideas that may make a project better and keeping to what your manager likes. Favoritism is high. My coworkers were almost always fantastic people who were a joy to work with. I loved having the opportunity to help people. Helping people get what they need to improve their lives gives me the warmest feeling in my heart. Wal-Mart allowed me to experience that and learn the best ways to help them with what they could give me in training, resources, and customer service.
Pros
Coworkers, some of the customers, vision insurance
Cons
Management style, favoritism, policies regarding sickness and overtime
Fun and good place
Stockin (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYMay 29, 2016
Walmart was a friendly place and my very first job. what I learned in there is to stock and unload trucks as well as using pallet jacks and work in a fast pace. my co-workers are pretty fun and I felt free. management was alright because the time frame to get things done doesn't really make sense at times. my typical work day was when I walk in I meet up with the manager or support manager and assign me to a aisle. After that I go to the back to get the L-Cart and pull it out and start stocking.
Pros
Reasonable breaks, Fun enviornment, benificial
Cons
managment, to much to do in so little time at times
nice place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  north main Summerville, SC 29483May 29, 2016
Walmart is a nice place to work ,but the reason why Ieft I the schedule .co workers are good,i get a long of them easily.management is good they care about their workers,good salary too,
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
How Walmart treats its employees!
Auto Care Center Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, SC 29720May 29, 2016
My last employer was understaffed, and not caring for the needs or personal problems of the employee. Some of the managers did not know all the answers to every customers needs, and was sometimes rude in certain situations.
Pros
Some managers did care for the employees and assist the needs of the people that work at Walmart.
Cons
The manager needs to treat employees better, and not gossip about employees.
Would've benefited from having music playing
Senior Agent, Customer Care (Former Employee) –  Bentonville, AR 72712May 28, 2016
The hardest part was trying to stay focused on my work when I could hear the other Call agents working around me, request being denied to listen to music when working Emails or working Offline all day.

The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing that I helped our Stores out to better serve our customers.

For the most part I liked the people I worked with. Except I sat near someone that talked a lot to their neighbors in that row whenever they were not on the phone. I found that very distracting and I would get very irritated.

I learned how the Walmart Stores worked. How customers would request Special orders from the stores. How we try our hardest to get the request fulfilled or find like items for the customers.
Pros
Great Cafeteria/break room. Food cooked fresh.
Cons
Can't listen to music while working.
helping customers
Sales clerk (Former Employee) –  Auburn, WAMay 28, 2016
Primary department is the Toy department, but trained to assist in several other departments. I learned new skills and what peoples needs are. I like helping people.
time didn't work for me.
Eugene - Overnight stocker (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORMay 28, 2016
good place to work with improvement for the long run. nice people to work with and understanding managers. its not a bad job at all.
Decent night job that continued to grow my customer service experience.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Riverview, FL 33578May 28, 2016
My night job at Wal-Mart was overall decent.Not too fun yet not too hard. Grew more experience with my customer service and began to learn how to be a cashier for the first time. Nice times with coworkers although not everyone was a strong team member all the time, making teamwork one of the hardest parts of the job .I do not really have an opinion on the management. The most enjoyable part of the nights were usually the slower nights, allowing for more of an easier night, because most nights could be rough, so the low freight nights were good.
Greatest first job ever.
Deli Associate (Former Employee) –  Napanoch, NYMay 28, 2016
I love kids, so it was very nice to play with kids all day. I enjoyed getting to know each and everyone of their personalities. I loved how they trusted me , and told me about their home life this was both good and bad,
Pros
Kids
Cons
Not enough time spent with them.
pharmacy technician
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Gulfport, MSMay 28, 2016
I would work with customers get there meds ready explain things to them fill there prescriptions order medicine fill our machine and work on it help type in there prescriptions run the cash register and bag medicine and clean up at the end of the day and return medicine that wasn't picked up after seven days
Pros
customers
Cons
some co-workers
Worst company to work for.
Receiving Associate (Former Employee) –  Mexico, MOMay 28, 2016
I don't say that title lightly. This place sucked. When management wasn't getting onto you to work faster when you were already working your hardest. They were pulling you from your job, to do another job because there wasn't enough help. Ill trained, I never got any formal training nor computer training until "necessary" or management got in trouble. The pay was subpar, which made for a negative atmosphere. We were worked as $20.00 an hour employees and got paid under $10.00 an hour.

It got to the point, where I got injured in the store and was refused workmans comp. I was an overnight stocker, and slipped on a wet mat that was not properly cleaned up and was not properly signed. I injured my knee, and could not work. They took this as an opportunity to have me do my computer training a year into my employment. Mind you, this is the training you are suppose to do to be able to work there. Things that certify you, to do certain tasks. They also wanted me to stock the electronics department in a riding cart. When I had to wear a non movable knee stabalizing brace.

When I would tell them I couldn't do it, it was that or be fired basically. I opted to take the latter, and not work for the crooked company anymore. No overtime, they would make you cut 1 minute of overtime. If you had to stay over, say 30 minutes. Instead of an hour lunch, you took an hour and a half lunch. Then get yelled at when the work isn't done in time. Along with that, the asset protection manager at the store I was at, was more worried about us "using the bathroom too long", that in one night there was
  more... over $700.00 in xbox one and ps4 controllers stolen. Multiple video games stolen(priced at 60+ dollars each) along with countless other things.
I do not recommend anyone take a job at this establishment, no matter how desperate you are.
Oh and did I mention, they work everyone full time hours but only get part time benefits, hence no healthcare. And when you get to the 16 week mark, they cut your hours so you don't make full time.
Pros
Hour long lunches, free food occasionally
Cons
health care, only classified part time but work full time, management, pay
Fun place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  South Charleston, WVMay 28, 2016
Loved being around other people, making friends, and helping people. Liked being at work and having something to do everyday. Had fun working with my co-workers.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Walmart. Our community is ready to answer.