Walmart
41,998 reviews

Walmart Employer Reviews

Under paid Over worked
sale associate (Current Employee), boynton beachMarch 4, 2015
Pros: Benefits
Cons: under pay over worked
You basically clock in, see your available ZMS or assistant manger so they can tell you your task for the day or you can go scan your badge under a price checker and it will guide you. Your day will basically consist of stocking the store, or zoning, Facing the areas given to you. Management sucks. Rude, does not know how to talk to employees. Coworkers DRAMA, everyone hates their job at Walmart all every one do is sit and complain about how they should if called out. The hardest part of the job is everything. he most enjoyable part of the job is clocking out. I forgot to mention everyone their kiss booty just to advance in the job.
Walmart is a family company
RSR Operator (Current Employee), Apple Valley, CAMarch 3, 2015
I have worked for Walmart for 5 years and I've learned a lot. I would suggest Walmart for any future potential employees if you're willing to work hard and accomplish your goals.
It's okay
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee), Murfreesboro, TNMarch 3, 2015
Walmart is a decent job if you really need to get by. I can't really envision anyone working there long term being that there are not many benefits.
Productive and fun workplace with larger breakroom.
Caseslot Order Filler (Former Employee), New Braunfels, TXMarch 3, 2015
Pros: long breaks.
Cons: no air condioning
I loved working at this job, but I was not there long. The people I worked with really made my job a whole lot easier. I would recommend this job to anyone. They pay and schedule is fabulous.
repetitive
Wal-Mart Cashier (Former Employee), Waterford, CTMarch 3, 2015
doing the same thing everyday you show up and customers rude attitudes. so under staffed that lines are extremely long and working stations are nasty with gum under the counter to unwashed trash bins with no bags.
I love working at walmart
Training Coordinator (Current Employee), Rosedale, MDMarch 3, 2015
Walmart is a fun place to work. I have enjoyed job security and a gained a lot of experience over the years.
I like the fact that the company provides jobs for a lot of people in the communities they operate and supports the environment with excellent sustainability strategies.
good place to work if you like to work with people or the public
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Rome, NYMarch 3, 2015
Pros: working with the public
Cons: their hiring system
Walmart was always very busy no matter what shift you worked. The management team was ok. Some of the management was bias and it showed. The hardest part of the job was not really hard as much as it was frustrating and that was having to use 2-4 different registers in one shift not knowing who was on the register before you so you could be held accountable for someone who was dishonest. I love to work with people that was the best part of the job for me.
Tough Work days with plently of tasks.
Part-Time Stocker (Former Employee), Bedford, PAMarch 3, 2015
I liked working there and had plenty to keep me busy. my manager was kind and taught me many things. The co-workers were not very sociable and preferred to keep to themselves.
great company to work for
Service Desk Associate (Current Employee), Salem, ORMarch 3, 2015
I really love working for Walmart, great place to start a career, great benefits, great coworkers, awesome customers, I love my customers.
TeamWalmart
Cashier/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), El Paso, TXMarch 3, 2015
Great experience one of the best jobs I've had. If not the best, everyone was so friendly, and everyone was always in a good mood. The management was great so were the coworkers we were all a team and would look out for each other.
poor work environment, management is unfair.
Inventory Specialist (Current Employee), Forest Lake, MNMarch 3, 2015
did the same thing every night, management was never happy, no matter what you accomplished it wasn't not good enough, if your direct supervisor was yelled at by their supervisor then you were going to get yelled at.
A good work envirnment without alot of complications
Overnight Stocker (Former Employee), Lancaster, TXMarch 3, 2015
Coming to work was not bad due to good co-workers and a pretty decent environment. I've learned to communicate and become more vocal throughout the process of this job. Management was rather complicated. Though I expect leadership from a manager, some confuse that leadership with direct and demanding commands. Some of which a lot of people would call inappropriate. My co-workers are the best part of my job because If any additional help that I couldn't understand, they provided exceptional information that helped me get thru any assignment at hand. The workload required is fairly implied on sum nights. There were a shortage of employees, so most work nights was rather tough. Additional help was not guaranteed so the task at hand was that much harder.
Productive and hard working
Cashier/Sales (Former Employee), Saint Paul, MNMarch 3, 2015
Pros: customer satisfacation and making new friends!
Cons: no breaks and not enough pay!
A typical day at work, You wake up in the early mornings around 3 am to 4 am and be on our way to the Farmers Market. When we get there we set up our area with tables for us to set the veggies on! We then take all the fruits and veggies out of the truck and put them on a plastic plate and wait for customers to come by, greet them and ask if they'd like to buy some of our fruits, veggies or flowers! After about 2, as everyone left the farmers market, we clean up, put everything in the Uhaul truck then go home! I've learned that in order to hand customers come to your area, you and your fellow workers must be at the top of our game and be right there to help and serve our customers! I have amazing co-workers, we all help each other to get the job done and we all will do what ever it takes to get the job done right! The hardest part about the job is greeting random people and being ignored but eventually I adjusted to the job fine! The most enjoyable part about the job is the satisfaction of knowing that your customer appreciates your service towards them.
sad place to work for
Unloader/processer (Former Employee), Sealy, TXMarch 3, 2015
Pros: free turkey for thanksgiving
Cons: working alone with to much for one person
Being threating that u will get fired, Management was rude disrespectful. never a smile or laugh in work . Never knowing when u where going to get fired Not being taught how to do the job
workforce productivity
Customer Service Manager,Money Center,Cashier (Current Employee), st. louis missouriMarch 3, 2015
Pros: meeting different people
Cons: pay
assisting customers, making sure they leave there happy, so that they can return, communicating with management and emoplees, and do my job best I can
fun place to work
Cashier (Former Employee), Alvin, TXMarch 3, 2015
i had a lot of fun made alot of new friends. They also have good benefits.the most important part of the job was being able to help people. the worst part of the job there wasnt any.
Walmart has its ups and downs in their stores.
Cashier (Former Employee), Elberton, GAMarch 3, 2015
Pros: there was a discount on a wide variety of items in the store.
Cons: the pay, scheduling, and benefits left much to be desired.
I would have to move back and forth between my register and areas I had to front and face in the store. Most customers were friendly while a few could be difficult to deal with. The management was dependent on the district management and the general management of the store. Sometimes the management was great, and others it was alright. Co-workers were usually friendly, but because of the low rate of pay and benefits the turnover was high. When the customers were friendly it was fun to talk to them.
Friendly environment
Customer Services/Cashier (Former Employee), Wheeling, ILMarch 3, 2015
Enjoyed the opportunity to meet and talk to new people and from all walks of life.I learned a lot working there, customer service,cashiering, working safe.
Walmart Pharmacy- Always ready to help customers
Pharmacy technician (Current Employee), North Bergen, NJMarch 3, 2015
Pros: flexible schedules, benefits, work place is good
Cons: may schedule for weekend
The work place and the atmosphere is really very good at Walmart. I learnt almost everything at Walmart as a technician. Management is also good and co-workers are are supportive and helpful. I enjoy my job everyday.
Cashier
Cashier (Former Employee), Longview, TxMarch 3, 2015
My job was to check items out. Work days could range from slow to fast with customers lining up at the register. Co-workers made it a fun environment

1 2 3 4 5

About Walmart

Wal-Mart Stores, Inc., branded as Walmart since 2008 and Wal-Mart before then, is an American public multinational corporation – Read more

Walmart Salaries