Walmart Employee Reviews

Found 62,743 reviews matching the search
Eh
Remodel Associate (Former Employee) –  Cranston, RISeptember 30, 2016
It was an alright place to work. Little money for a lot of work. Customers treat you badly. Staff was Okay. Some high school type drama
friendly environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Youngstown, OHSeptember 30, 2016
friendly coworkers. nice environment to come to work to everyday. hardest part of job is having numerous job responsibilities. the easiest part is that you can get a lot of help from coworkers so long as they aren't to busy.
Pros
long lunches
Cons
decent benefits, long work days.
Fun and Exciting Workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Avon, CTSeptember 30, 2016
Great work life balance. Management teams are kind and respected. Co-workers are kind and organized. I learned a lot about safety and leadership. The most enjoyable part of my job was conversing with HR.
Pros
Lots of spreads.
Cons
Short breaks.
Just a number
Cashier/Stocker (Former Employee) –  Hanford, CASeptember 30, 2016
The only real bad thing about working for Walmart is that you are a number. You are getting paid the same as other employee's that do nothing. There is not proper management to look over each department.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
poor mangement
Productive work place
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALSeptember 30, 2016
Busy hard working company. My coworkers where very nice pleasure to work with. Walmart taught me a lot of new skills that I can use and take from job to job, helping out with future job opportunities.
Working with the community
Wal-Mart Cashier (Former Employee) –  Richmond, INSeptember 30, 2016
I was a cashier. I cleaned my area, took care of customers, counted cash, and made sure the customers experience was an enjoyable one. I always asked if there was something that could make the experience better.
Pros
WORKING WITH THE CUSTOMERS
Cons
THE PAY
fun workplace
Walmart Stocker (Former Employee) –  ArkansasSeptember 30, 2016
i worked in produce it wasnt the best job but i worked there the co -workers were really nice and great people and thats what was always good about going to work.
Very fun out going loving place
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLSeptember 30, 2016
Walmart is a very nice place , clean environment that I love working at . Best place I work at so far ,really enjoyed stocking there very respectful coworkers
Pretty fun place to work
Deli associate (Former Employee) –  Wasilla, AKSeptember 30, 2016
The worst part of the job was lower management. They just didn't know what they were doing and made everything worse. The upper management was great, probably the best management staff I have worked with.
Walmart is only for the Strong Willed.
Cashier and Bakery Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Hazel Green, ALSeptember 30, 2016
A typical day at work for me could only be described as hectic and stressful. Although through this experience I have learned how to properly ice and decorate cakes, this is not what I ever imagined for a bakery.
My coworkers while I was there were somewhat helpful, I could really only depend on one person because I was alone on night shift.
The hardest part of the job would be having to deal with management that did not divide the work load among everyone, was very intimidating, and did not seem interested in employee complaints.
The most enjoyable part of the job is the customers and seeing their faces light up when you say their cake is ready and bringing it out to them. Sometimes you get complements and you have to forward those to the person who decorated the cake but you cannot accept tips, which seems like a bit of a let down for a department that claims to be "food service".
Pros
Experience in baking, cake decorating, and overall pastry decoration.
Cons
Short Breaks, Short Lunches, understaffed.
Great first job
Overnight Stock Clerk (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 30, 2016
Wal-Mart was my job and i had a great time working there when I did. I worked as a overnight stock person and it was a great first experience. Very fast paced and alot to get through at night. The co workers were great, but some of the management was rude, inconsistent and played favorites. Other than that and the non competitive pay rates, I would consider anybody to work there as I respect there values
Fast paced and unpredictable
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Hanover, MDSeptember 30, 2016
A typical day consisted of me clocking in and being assigned to a register. I then rang countless customers most days. My co-workers and managers were really friendly there and they made work enjoyable most days. The hardest part about this job was dealing with the customers. it was way more customer interaction than I was used to and a lot of those customers were very rude and impatient. The most enjoyable part was just getting to meet new people and learning the work environments that I do and don't like. Overall, I learned that I don't like that much interaction with that many people.
Pros
Breaks were good
Cons
Their probation period is too long
Location, location, location...
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Riverdale, GASeptember 30, 2016
The company itself was great to work for but like most things it depends on who you share them with. I especially liked the benefits they offered. What I disliked the most was how little the upper management seemed to value the entry level associates. When I attempted to change this I was outcast.
Pros
Fun place to learn and grow
Cons
A lot of associate related issues
Customers
Sales Floor Associate (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHSeptember 30, 2016
I love Walmart treat the employees great I would work there again if I have to go to Walmart for all your needs I love the hours the pay and the people its really a great company
Pros
Hour breaks
Cons
Managment
Wal-Mart is not that bad
Photo and Connection Center Manager (Former Employee) –  Oswego, ILSeptember 30, 2016
I have to be fully honest. Wal-Mart is not that bad of a place to work. They receive so much bad press that is really not deserved. Yes, the pay could be more but that would raise prices. The benefits are actually quite nice. Their dental insurance is better than my current employer. The most important thing to remember about Wal-Mart is that it is retail, and for retail it is very nice.
Pros
Co-workers, meeting a very deverse group of people
Cons
expenive health care (for singles)
Friendly work place
Pharmacy Cashier (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALSeptember 30, 2016
Always keeping a smile on your face , helping the customers on there time , cleaning up a caution spill as soon as possible. Greeting the customers asking how there Day been. Working together as a team. Being responsible, on time , helping one another up when one is down. Basically we are a family.😊
Pros
Hour lunch
Cons
Short 15 minute breaks
Wlmart
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  tallahasseeSeptember 30, 2016
Great place to work pretty straightforward job. you get out what you put in 9-5 job. Worked in the grocery department friendly customers. Their is a lot of strain on your back if you don't lift correctly.
Pros
work life balance
Cons
minimum wage
No concern for employees.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MASeptember 30, 2016
The management is more concerned with their bonuses than taking care of the customers or employees. They get bonuses for cutting salary so they have one associate cover five departments.
Pros
close to home
Cons
Bad management since Walton died.
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Wauchula, FLSeptember 30, 2016
Typical day at work
Learned how all things are shelved in the store
Management was pro-active
Co-workers were nice and helpful
Hardest part was getting the workload done
Most enjoyable part was interacting with customers.
Pros
Bennefits
Cons
Amount of work
Fun and fast
Cashier (Former Employee) –  South CarolinaSeptember 30, 2016
When I go to work I go to make money and do what I have to do to make the customers leave with a smile. I love to get all my work done fast and succeeful.