Walmart
40,507 reviews

Walmart Employer Reviews

Very busy workplace
Cashier (Former Employee), Clio,MIJanuary 28, 2015
Walk into work clock in get right to work i learned how to balance a cash drawer great co workers terrible work condition
It's not so bad
Merchandise Supervisor (Current Employee), Oberlin, OHJanuary 28, 2015
Opportunity for advancement if you work hard.
Good part time job while you go to school or work another job.
Flexible hours.
Mediocre
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Arnold, MOJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: job security
Cons: low pay, poor empowerment
You figured for being a billion dollar corporation that they would be more professional with their upper management at the stores. They would sit on their phones in the office giggling.
I was not happy working for WalMart.
Electronics Associate (Former Employee), Pittston, PAJanuary 28, 2015
Cons: most of it
A typical night at this position was not good no matter how hard you work, how much you accomplish, you would almost always be criticized. Management did not listen to us nor did they care about what went on in the departments. The hardest part of the job was knowing no matter what when i got to work each night the day team had left a mess that I would no doubt get in trouble for .
Typical Day at Work
Customer Service Manager/IMS (Former Employee), Millersburg, OHJanuary 28, 2015
I did inventory, receiving, auditing, counting, unloading truck, palletizing. I have learned a variety of jobs. I learned how to be a cashier, customer service desk, customer service manager, accounting office, Pharmacy associate, layaway associate. I enjoyed working with most of the co-workers and most of the management were great to work with.
High Demand!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Asheboro, NCJanuary 28, 2015
Walmart was a very fast paced job, especially in customer service. The management were friendly, and my fellow coworkers were extremely helpful when I had questions, or needed help getting my line down. The hardest part about working in the customer service desk was when customers would get upset if they could not get what they wanted, or was told about the options they had for returning items and receiving refunds. This frustration led to customers throwing items and yelling. During this job, I learned how to appropriately handle customers when they are upset. I learned how to give the customers a positive experience in customer service.
Its a great place to work while trying to get a education. This job helps you while in school.
Department Manager/Sales Associate (Current Employee), Farmerville, LAJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: the pros is helping complete my dreams of finishing school.
Cons: the cons of the job is working in different areas.
A typical day at work consist of doing my day to day job which is completing my work in a timely matter. This job helps me further my education in the medical field while trying to take care of my family. The people in this company are very hard working and very helpful. The overall rating for this job is a ten meaning a great place to work.
Stressful and never appriated
DEPARTMENT MANAGER (Former Employee), Fayetteville, ARJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: friends
Cons: stressful work environment
This company has good qualities if you not looking to move up. They under appriciate their employees and stress them to the full extent. I would reccomend a different employer. I learned what kind a manager I would not want to be when I get the chance to be a leader in another corporation. The co-workers are what made it tolerable, you meet great associates that have dreams to be more than what they are.
Sales/Cashier/Inventory Associate (Current Employee), Surprise, AZJanuary 28, 2015
Enjoy working with co-workers and management. Managers are always available to answer questions or concerns. There are opportunities to move within the company.
Employees are overworked and underpaid
Deli overnight (Former Employee), Austin, TXJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: employee discount
Cons: overworked, underpaid
Overworked sometimes without lunch or breaks. A lot of favoritism in the stores. Managers seemed not to care about associates.
fun workplace
Cashier (Former Employee), Thomson, GAJanuary 28, 2015
A typical day at work started with me clocking in and saying hello to all the other employees. My job duties consisted of operating cash registers and practicing customer service. My co-workers at the time were very nice and respectful, and we got along just great.
Safe, Steady, yet Low entry-level pay
Inventory Management Associate/Truck Crew (Former Employee), Lewisburg, PAJanuary 28, 2015
I am not hard to please. I am also 21 and don't need to make a living yet. This was a safe workplace, with steady predictable hours, yet it would be hard to work here long-term. The people who do usually were not very happy people--generally.
Overnight Stocker (Former Employee), Fowlerville, miJanuary 28, 2015
I unloaded trucks, used walk behind hi-lows, and stocked shelves.
was not a bad place to work
Department Manager/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Biddeford, MEJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: the assocites are great team players
Cons: management needs better communications with associates
the associates were great to work with they were great team player it would be hard on some days management would give us other tasks that need to be done as well as our normal scanning picking filling and in a high volume area keep things stocked work in other areas and have screens cleared it was sometime impossible I enjoyed the front end working with the customers and other cashiers
Bland work place
Cashier (Current Employee), Riverdale, NJJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: hour lunches
Cons: misreble co- workers
co-workers and managers are misreble, hate their jobs. I didn't expect much for being a cashier but for my skill level I am compensated pretty well/
A typical retail company
Sales Associate/Stocker Lawn Garden (Current Employee), Rockaway, NJJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: close commute
Cons: never get 40hr work week, low pay, healthcare, company doesn't care about employees or their families
Physically demanding, large workload
Getting everything done within the scheduled workday
Helping customers
Productive fun job love the people
Cashier (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: great breaks
Cons: nothing
I absolutely loved this job hands down perfect! The management was great and I got alone with my co-workers
Love my job but need better pay and job growth
Customer Service Manager (Current Employee), Thousand Oaks, CAJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: working with good people
Cons: low wages
Perform cash register audits on registers that were used the night before for the cash office for cash accountability purposes as well as doing cash audits through out the day.
Receive money from cash office to be used through out the day to make change for the cashiers.
Manage cashiers breaks and lunches.
Issue refunds to customers for damaged or unwanted items.
Handle customer complaints or any major security or safety issues.
Answer phone calls and direct them to the appropriate person or take message.
Assist customers with financial services like bill payment or moneygram to send money.
Retrieve customers online orders that were shipped to the store.
Maintain the front end and the parking lot areas.
Direct cashiers on projects that need to be done along with their daily tasks.
productive never boring
Customer Service/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Mountain View, ARJanuary 28, 2015
Got to work either early or on time worked my full shift. enjoyed my work with the employees and the customers. made each day a productive one
liked working with my co workers
Unloader (Former Employee), Idaho Falls, IDJanuary 28, 2015
I liked unloading truck and taking stuff freight out to sales floor just needed a change.

1 2 3 4 5

About Walmart

Wal-Mart Stores, Inc., branded as Walmart since 2008 and Wal-Mart before then, is an American public multinational corporation – Read more