Walmart Employee Reviews in United States

Found 61,040 reviews matching the search
Great company with a thriving culture.
Senior Manager, Talent Development (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 23, 2016
Culture is what has driven Walmart's success for over 50 years. As a Manager of Learning & Development it was my responsibility to make sure culture is reinforced in all training initiatives.
Awesome job
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Cicero, ILAugust 23, 2016
Awesome job i really enjoy working here the hours are great. It provides stability for me and my family. I'd recommend this job for anyone. The customers are what keeps me focused.
Clean and friendly
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Kimball, TNAugust 23, 2016
Today at work, I scanned and bagged items, and exchanged money with customers. Keeping a friendly smile is the best thing you can do. Always make conversation with the customer.
Pros
One hour lunch
Cons
15 minute break
cashier
Wal-Mart Cashier (Current Employee) –  Decatur, ILAugust 23, 2016
always meeting new faces and always seeing old faces can be busy or could be slow just depending on the day and time and always never get a weekend off unless you requested it months in advance
Pros
fun people
Cons
part-time
retail
Dept. Manager (Former Employee) –  Decherd, TNAugust 23, 2016
Meeting all kinds of new people. Being part of a growing company. Learning how to create merchandise display, order in of products, and management of a department.
Pros
learned alot
Cons
promotions are rare
Great Company
Department Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Panama City, FLAugust 23, 2016
I always loved working for this company. They have an open door policy and are always there for each employee. I received great benefits while working for this company.
very productive
Baker (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 23, 2016
I was a baker, a regular day was baking bread keeping the sales clean and in order. I also interact with different people to make sure they are satisfied with there visit and make sure they could find any items they need.
productive
Cashier/Stocker (Former Employee) –  Parma, OHAugust 23, 2016
Typical work day is finding the front end lead and seeing what your doing for the day... schedule is posted month in advance and you always can request off shifts and switch with other staff
Pros
hours
Cons
lunches are to short
Walmart was a good place to work.
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Clinton, NCAugust 23, 2016
A typical day at Walmart would require interacting the customers and filling prescriptions. I would sometimes stock shelves and organize things within the Pharmacy.
Pay was good
Deli Associate (Former Employee) –  Plano, ILAugust 23, 2016
I feel bad for the uneducated parents who have to endure Walmart's management just so they can have a roof over their heads. I'm going to college and im going to pray it's the successful care free sufficient economical path to happiness. In sort Walmart was like a zoo. I gazed at my employees from the side lines in sorrow. Im not trying to discourage anyone from working there but for me it was just... sad. Just in case any potential manager see's this, I'm going to save up for college for at least a year in a half so i won't be flaking on a short notice, i intend to do right by the company i serve.
Pros
Pay
Cons
management and rules were developed every day, tightening the bars little by little.
walmart
Tech Sales (Former Employee) –  El Dorado, KSAugust 23, 2016
There is always something to do, unload trucks, work on cars, ringing up customers. making friends. co workers are always there to talk to. sometimes under staffed.
Pros
ins
Cons
under staffed some times
I loved working here
Wal-Mart Associate (Former Employee) –  Americus, GAAugust 23, 2016
I loved working here because there was always something to do. You have many chances of advancing with this company. The managers werent always friendly but i just loved the atmoshpere
great place to move up
Deli/Bakery Manager (Former Employee) –  Albany, GAAugust 23, 2016
at walmart you have all the skills needed to move up in the company what you dont know they will teach you with out any hessitation and also show you the ropes
Customer Service rep
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCAugust 23, 2016
They are ok to work for but family is not important to Wal-Mart and they are not family oriented and could careless that you have kids and need to spend time with them.
Fun place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Sherwood, ARAugust 23, 2016
My over all experience at walmart was great I would go back if they need me.
Meeting diffrent people from diffrent walks of life was a great experience.
Pros
friendly people
Cons
Sometimes no break
Not great, but ok if you're desperate
Cap 2 (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 23, 2016
I enjoy the work well enough. It's kind of mind numbing, but I've become quite good at my job. This has afforded me some leniency with management. Co-works are great for the most part. Good people just trying to get by. My supervisor is amazing. Probably my favorite part of working with this company. Management is tyrannical at best. Downright evil at worst. There is little to no communication between departments/upper management. Absolutely miserable environment that breeds indifference and smashes any sense of self worth. If you can tolerate the oppression, and make yourself somewhat essential to the process, you might get by. DO NOT TAKE PROMOTIONS! Last 3 supervisors they promoted were driven off within months. They seem more concerned with blaming someone than they are with fixing the problem. Unrealistic expectations, and hostile management abound. But if you're just looking for a job to pay the bills, this is always an option.
Pros
skillless work, they'll hire just about anyone
Cons
Everything else...
Walmart was a great place to work, it was one big happy family,
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  12639 Blanco RdAugust 22, 2016
The reasons I loved working at Walmart are, I had a great relationship with all of my immediate supervisors, they worked with their employees in terms of last minute schedule changes they kept us current on what was happening with the company,by having morning meetings every day the passed out lapel pins with encouraging slogans if we worked holidays the catered holiday meals or BBQ out back.
The atmosphere was always positive which gave me motivation, and encouragement, I would work any department and do any job including cleaning all 16 registers from top to bottom, when you're treated with respect, you don't mind going that extra mile!!!
Pros
we had an hour lunch every day, we could take the whole hour or only Thirty mins, thus getting paid for the remaining thirty minutes
Cons
not having a set schedule made it difficult to make plans for family time
Progressively declined
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Glendale, AZ 85305August 22, 2016
When i started it was a great place to work but as management changed it got worse. The typical day was standing in the same spot getting yelled at by customer and enduring rude treatment by some direct supervisors. Co-workers are great but job security make it difficult to build lasting relationships. By far the customers are the hardest part of the job aside from having to do everyone else job way too often. The best part of this job is the hours are very flexible.
Pros
flexible hours, 2 breaks and an hour lunch
Cons
lack of job security
Its a good marketing place to work and earn respect from other people who works there.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIAugust 22, 2016
Walmart is, a very good marketing place to work. And a chance that you could earn respect from other people that you may or may not work with. You can also build a relationship with the people that you do work with.
Pros
30m break
Cons
A little light health problem
Day to Day Management
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Scottsburg, INAugust 22, 2016
Everyday I come into work, tour my area's, spend time one on one with my associates and department managers. I make schedules, overview attendance, and spend time with my team and my customers. However, my experience is exclusive to my store, as every store manager runs their store differently.
Pros
Hour lunch, paid breaks, immediate benefits, generous vacation time
Cons
Uneven hours across market, low-morale for any accountability

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Walmart. Our community is ready to answer.