Walmart Employee Reviews

Found 85,933 reviews matching the search
Very busy workplace
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAJune 25, 2017
A typical day at work is very fast paced, you are dealing with a lot of impatient customers so if you are a employer at Walmart you have to learn how to not take anything personal and have a hard shell but always keep a smile on your face. It is a very easy job but it is constant and thats what i liked about it. Time went by fast.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Poor treatment
Its an ok job not something to stay at if noy looking to move up
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Globe, AZJune 25, 2017
Try every day to improve and do better and learn more about your job title. Ask about how to get better and just keep working at it retail isn't exactly hard.
productive and fun workplace
CAP TEAM II SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Broken Arrow, OKJune 25, 2017
A very productive and fun workplace. Great management, they always are willing to listen. Good stable job, consistency of work load. Flexible hours. and great starting pay.
Just ok
Sales Floor Associate (Current Employee) –  Greenwood, INJune 25, 2017
It's an okay place to work if you're young and trying to gain work experience. Customers need quite a bit of guidance when asking for items and usually will purchase the item you suggest if they don't have a specific item in mind.
Nice respectful enviroment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Orange, TXJune 25, 2017
I worked as a cashier here i koved every moment there i met new people great managment i dealt with money & checked customers. I also greeted customers.
It's not someplace I want to stay
Stocker/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 25, 2017
The managers don't defend their people from the public.
As a Veteran, I had to stand there and be told that I was in the wrong for requesting a customer not to smoke in the store and had to be subjected to that customer and her mother totally degrading me for working at Walmart and they were there on the 1st day of the month for their food stamps.
I don't have anything against assistance when needed but when you buy food and have alcohol behind it along with cigarettes...
It's also one that if you got on the bad side of a manager, you could have your hours cut the next week or more and it would be played off as not needing extra people, yet when you asked your co-workers, it was a different story.
Be nice and you could get your 32 hours. 40 hours was almost non existent.
Great ideas, Bad Managers
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 25, 2017
Company has great ideas, policies, and wishes for their associates, but managers NO MATTER WHERE YOU GO, are selfish and backstabbing. They only care about their positions and are willing to overwork their team to achieve sale goals, and other metrics. Yes the starting pay is $9 BUT expect yearly increases of 2% which translates to 2-5 cents a year.
Pros
benefits, job security
Cons
hours, managers, schedules, annual increases, overwork
I Loved It Here
Overnight Cashier (Former Employee) –  Bennettsville, SCJune 25, 2017
I started each night prepared and happy to get to work. Management was great, I loved the customers and pay was amazing!! I loved the 401(k)benifits and PTO
Decent Workplace with Decent Benefits
Overnight Stocker (Current Employee) –  Forest City, NCJune 25, 2017
This review is based solely on experiences at Walmart 01036. Beginning pay at Walmart is higher than almost any other place for new employees, but the company does not care about it's employees anymore. Employees who have been with the store for 10+ years receive the same pay, or slightly more than new hires. The store does not accept doctor's notes for medical emergencies (miscarriages, heart attacks, death in the family, etc. The store cuts hours by more than 20 hours unexpectedly. The managers show favoritism toward employees (some employees are denied raises for invalid reasons, while other employees with same circumstances will receive raises). There has been unaddressed reported acts of inappropriate conduct by managers. The store powers down the A/C and heat at night, disregarding the comfort of third shift employees. However, as opposed to the three strikes you receive at other stores, at Walmart, you receive 9 strikes before you are fired. An employee meeting giving a brief overview of insights and freight numbers and employee departments begins a typical night at Walmart. Then, employees are sent to designated departments to work 1-15 pallets of freight, depending on the truck load that night. Employees are given two 15 minute breaks and one 1 hour lunch break.
Pros
Higher Entry Pay
Cons
Corrupt System
Awful company to work for.
Customer Service/ Sales (Former Employee) –  Douglasville, GAJune 25, 2017
Walmart does not care about their associates.We were all over worked and under paid with no benefits. While Walmart made billions of dollars off the sweat on our backs.
Pros
No Pros all Cons.
Cons
Not one good thing to say.
My review
Order Filler (Former Employee) –  Opelika, ALJune 25, 2017
I worked here for over 10 years and the only thing I did not like was the fact that I was never permitted the opportunity to advance my career with the company which was very disheartening.
Steady work
Automotive Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Cypress, TXJune 25, 2017
The work performed isn't too bad, depending on the department. Sometimes is feels like you are a puppet in some sick game. Management dependent, it feels like they single out some associates and favor others. There are times where it feels like you are being set up for failure.
Benefits
Cons
pay, respect
Not too good of a company
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 25, 2017
I seen them get rid of people like it was nothing. Even people who were there for over a decade. I feel that they don't pride in taking care of their employees who have been with the company over a long period of time due to them making so much so they let them go.
Productive place to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Hartsville, SCJune 25, 2017
Fast pasted. Inventory has become more important than service.

Fun place to work and management did seem to care about the team and the assistants..
Pros
Paycheck every week.
Cons
Work all time of the day and week
na
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLJune 25, 2017
Our associates are building better lives for their families, and we’re proud to be a part of their success stories. We o­ffer competitive pay, health care and benefits, as well as bonus opportunities, merchandise discounts, and most of all, a chance to move up.
Support Manager-Food (Current Employee) –  Eunice, LAJune 25, 2017
This job is a very fantastic job, and I love to work here. This is an exciting place to work for and they have fun people to work with. Anyone would enjoy this opportunity.
something different everyday
Sale Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Winchester, KYJune 25, 2017
i enjoy working with Walmart its not the best job ever but its a job the customers alone make it worth working there and at the same time they are the reason it can not be so fun Walmart as a whole is a good employer setting the minimum payment above my states minimum wadge is a good thing and moving up isn't very hard if you do your job
Pros
hour lunch
Walmart
Electronics Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAJune 25, 2017
Working here isn't great. You get bad hours for low pay. Most of the associates act like children and when asked to do their job they complain and usually dont end up doing it.
Being productive
Stocker Associate (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJune 25, 2017
During my time with walmart. I learned how to manage more and stock to companies policy and procedure. A typical work day was really stocking and helping all customers and fast as possible. The harest part about my job was fixing the sheleves after the customers come mess it up. My most enjoyable moment is when payday camed. Hey whom wouldnt be.
Walmart
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Medford, ORJune 25, 2017
Working at walmart was fun. Never a dull moment while working there for me however even after setting myself to a certain availability due to baby sitter issues i was scheduled outside of my availibility
Pros
Hour lunch and discount

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Walmart. Our community is ready to answer.