Walmart
47,573 reviews

Walmart Employee Reviews

management sucks!
CASHIER (Current Employee), caldwell, idahoJune 1, 2015
Pros: great friends
Cons: short breaks, not enough pay for the job.
can't advance very quickly no matter how hard you work or bust your butt. but great co workers and great food. they suck with their scheduling and don't take any of your requests into order. refused to move me for no reason suck at communicating movements. don't allow for growth.
Busy but fun environment to work in
Maintenance/Janitor (Former Employee), Greenville, NCJune 1, 2015
A typical day at Walmart would usually be very slow in the mornings but pick up quickly around 11:00 a.m. I have learned patience while I was working there. Management was awesome because whenever you needed them they was right there. The hardest part of working maintenance was when we had to clean the floors and walls because.....well, that's all I am going to say. My co-workers were AWESOME. The most enjoyable part was I had met such wonderful people and they treated me with so much respect especially by me being the only lady in the maintenance department.
Productive and A learning experience
Stockman (Former Employee), Newport News, VAJune 1, 2015
A typical day at work is nice, Nice surroundings clean area, Management is Nice, Learning Fresh produce, Stocking replenishing fruits. Hardest part is adapting to everyone's attitude. Most thing I enjoyed is seeing customers smile after they have been helped and satisfied.
fast paced
Wal-Mart Sales Associate (Former Employee), Bedford, OHJune 1, 2015
working here was a very trying experience they are not as friendly or helpful as other co workers everyone is out for oneself here even if you are a new associate
good co workers made it an good enviroment to work
Receiving Associate (Former Employee), Starkville, MSJune 1, 2015
Pros: good management
Cons: not enough hrs
Unload the delivery truck. Assist the customers. Restock the shelves. Did merchandise review and inventory review as well.
It was a nice place to work
Inventory Specialist/Acs Associate (Former Employee), Martinez GaJune 1, 2015
The hours wasn't to bad, it was a nice place to work in. Using the Forklifts and other machine was helpful at times, it was nice seeing new people everyday and to interact with them, I worked in the back so it was nice and Quiet
OK Job it pays
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Gastonia, NCJune 1, 2015
Pros: Close to home and inside walmart
Cons: Lack of work flow
Overall it is an ok job. It pays but they lack incentives and benefits for employees. Starting pay was low considering the fact that I was certified and went to school. Certification was included in the actual basis of pay but not education
Productive work place with great hours.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Whiting INJune 1, 2015
Pros: Great hours.
Cons: Unprofessional Management.
Wal-mart is a nice place to work. They give you a good amount of hours starting off. But the pay never amounts to all the work you do in one days work.
Got lucky, was treated like a human being for the most part
Cashier (Former Employee), Oro Valley, AZJune 1, 2015
Despite the horror stories I feel like I got lucky, I worked at a Walmart in a nicer part of town and didn't face threats of violence from customers or co-workers. For the most part I was treated like a human being for my first 3 years. The last year I worked there the management changed (as it often does) and I was being criticized for changing my schedule every semester for school among other unsatisfactory developments. After that I decided to leave for greener pastures.
productive great place to shop and work if you love labor.
Cart Associate Door greeter Freight unloader (Former Employee), Fayetteville, NCJune 1, 2015
Pros: i got along with all of my co-workers.
Cons: Most of my crew members quit once i was promoted to a truck unloader, because they felt our manager was being disrespectful, so it made it a little harder on me to get the job done.
A simple work day has always been for me regular but for others around me always seemed a bit more difficult. Our store in spring lake was always filled with joyous customers and our employees where just as eager to help. Each day I went into work it was always a positive environment. Any day I would come in they could put me anywhere they needed me so once I was assigned a task whether I was scheduled to come in or I was called in there was always something from the day I would learn so I must say that was the most enjoyable part of my day.
fast paced work enviroment
Stocker (Former Employee), Parkersburg, WVJune 1, 2015
had to be fast paced and have ability to multi task work on a time crunch make sure all expirations were in date stocking shelves
Productive and fast paced work environment
Customer Service/ Cashier (Former Employee), Carrollton, Ga / McDonough, GaJune 1, 2015
Working for this company had its pros and cons. A typical work day consisted of scanning a customer's purchases. The management here was good at handling customer complaints. Overall it was a good work environment.
Walmart
Stock Associate/ Truck Unloader (Former Employee), West Mifflin, PAJune 1, 2015
Pros: Meeting new people daily, assisting customers, working with my hands
Cons: Poor management, poor advancements, bad selection on some of the employees.
I had fun in the beginning but then got very bored, feeling under utilized, unchallenged, treated unfairly. Was told plenty of times i was going to be promoted but then never was, which at that time it started to eat away at my moral. Seemed they hired anyone which has in my eyes brought the name of Walmart down. Some of the employees they hired showed no interest in showing professional appearance. They treated the job like a paycheck and provided poor customer assistance in my eyes.
FRYS WAS MEDIOCRE
OVERNITE STOCK/TRUCKUNLOAD/SUPERVISER/ (Former Employee), Prescott, AZJune 1, 2015
Pros: EXPERIENCE
Cons: AMOUNT OF WORK/ENERGY OUTPUT I USED/DID
I HAD A HARD TIME JUGGLING EVERYTHING BUT SOMEHOW EVERYONE MANAGED TO GET EVERYTHING DONE. ON TOP OF BEING A MANAGER OF A WHOLE DEPARTMENT I WAS THE TRUCK UNLOADER/ RECIEVER SO I NEVER HAD A BREAK AND WAS ALWAYS RUNNING AROUND. FUN FOR THE FIRST FEW WEEKS SO TIRING AFTER A WHILE. BUT REWARDING BECAUSE I CAN SAY I DID IT.
Love the job
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Poplar Bluff, MOJune 1, 2015
Although short lived I loved my position with the company, if not for relocating I would have loved to continue learning and growing with the company.
Productive place to work
Cashier (Former Employee), Visalia, CAJune 1, 2015
Pros: Benefits
Cons: Schedule, fast paced inviroment
Working here could become crazy because we would be slow then every line would be swamped. It was hard for me because of the lifting and trying to bag properly while keeping it moving fast. I always tried to do the best I could.
Physical Labor
Maintenance Associate (Former Employee), Falcon, COJune 1, 2015
A typical night at WalMart required me to coordinate with the managerial team as well as my peers in order to effectively and quickly reduce the amount of garbage present on the sales floor.
PRODUCTIVE WORKPLACE
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Lilburn, GAJune 1, 2015
MANAGEMENT WAS VERY SUPPORTIVE AS WELL AS FRIENDLY. CO WORKERS WERE VERY PATIENT AND NICE. THE HARDEST PART OF THE JOB HAD TO BE BEING SHORT STAFFED. THE MOST ENJOYABLE PART OF THE JOB WAS RECEIVING DONATIONS.
productive
Cashier (Former Employee), Lenoir City, TNJune 1, 2015
Pros: n/a
Cons: 1 hour lunch break
Walmart was a productive work environment always tried to help around scheduling and anything you needed my manager was amazing and really sweet to me.
my co- workers was okay to work with but some days they tried to start drama and wasn't nice some days.
there is really no hard part about working at Walmart unless you have a bad trainer which in my case my trainer was awesome and she showed me a lot of different stuff I never knew about Walmart..
the most enjoyable part about my job was being able to be around people and help them out .
wow
Bakery Associate (Current Employee), Conway, ARJune 1, 2015
Pros: experience
Cons: pay
this is also a great job if you are in school and needing the experience. the management is always horrible at retail..their thoughts are "we are retail, what do you expect?"

About Walmart

Wal-Mart Stores, Inc., branded as Walmart since 2008 and Wal-Mart before then, is an American public multinational corporation – Read more

Walmart Salaries