Walmart
34,229 reviews

Walmart Employer Reviews

made friends it was a good job
Produce Associate (Former Employee), Snyder, TXAugust 25, 2014
Pros: good
Cons: good
id like my job it was interesting and fun flexible hours the scanning and how many pounds when we threw the fruits they gave me off on saterdays I just like working there
terrible management in department
Department Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee), Christiansburg, VAAugust 25, 2014
Pros: work has to be over sometime
Cons: beign pulled to help others who would never come to assist you in return
managers seemed to enjoy trying to make associates feel bad about themselves, no help when needing assistance to get work done
Always assisting others
Customer Service Manager (Current Employee), Hickory Creek, TXAugust 25, 2014
Pros: meeting new people
Cons: always running around the entire store
I enjoy helping others. The work staff is easy to get along with. Management is very understanding and communicates well with the front-end team.
Cashier, Customer Service Manager (Former Employee), North Charleston, SCAugust 25, 2014
Helping customers
Handling money
Cashing checks and money orders
Checking customers out
Exchange and return customer's items
Processing money transfers
it teaches you alot about customer service
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee), Lancaster,SCAugust 25, 2014
Majority of the time of my scheduled shift, it's busy. People are constantly shopping and getting groceries. I've learned that patience is a virtue. My co-workers are some of the most sweetest and most helpful individuals.
Busy environment with lots of people.
Cashier (Former Employee), North Lake, ILAugust 25, 2014
Pros: plenty of overtime
Cons: not enough money
Typical day at work was checking customers out and helping with any questions they might have.
Working in a happy and efficient workspace
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Lancaster, CAAugust 25, 2014
Pros: every 2 hour 15 minute break
Cons: lack of support
I would start my day by cleaning around my area to make sure everything is ready for my customer to come through. While checking out the customers items I would communicate with the customer to feel comfortanble and to make it feel as if their time in line goes by faster. I learn how to deal with hostile situations like having a unhappy customer. First – more... thing I would ask them what the problem is and see if theirs anything I am able to do to fix the problem. My co-workers and I would enjoy our day at work by making one another smile and do not let the negative energy get to us. My management was always there for me when I needed them like when I first start they helped me learn all my customer service skills. The most enjoyable part of the job was actually breaking the ice with the customer and being able to talk to them and tell jokes. Hardest part of the job would have to be the lack of employees during the busy day. Their would be 3 clerks working for checking out 70 or more people and we were not allowed to ask to help. – less
ok
Apprentice Optician (Former Employee), van wert ohioAugust 25, 2014
worked with great people. days were good not to long or to short.
Walmart is a great place to work if your looking for a flexible schedule for school and work also some social life.
Assist customers (Former Employee), Rogers, ARAugust 25, 2014
Working at Wal-mart is a great experience. They have flexible hours for school, also they offer scholarships for college. Overall there's different tasks, luckily the supervisor for our division had me throughout the whole store working different jobs learning about all the divisions.
na
WIRELESS SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), nyAugust 25, 2014
To efficiently provide superior customer service, to every customer and complete every task given to me. To work for a company where I can grow and use my skills to educate others where I am challenged day in and day out.
No Work Ethic
Receiving Associate (Former Employee), Orland Hills, ILAugust 25, 2014
Many associates including upper management had a horrible work ethic as well as always wanting to take the easy way out of a situation regardless of how many rules were broken.
GREAT COMPANY
Sales Associate/Department Manager/Inventory (Current Employee), Lake Wales, FLAugust 25, 2014
Pros: good pay
Cons: lack of communication
Great company to work for. Decent pay for associates. Management tries their best to work around your life schedule.
Over worked under paid
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee), Mount Prospect, ILAugust 25, 2014
Lots of room to grow but I don't like the hours they schedule. Management team was friendly.
cashier
Overnight Stocker (Former Employee), Des Moines, IAAugust 25, 2014
learn patient and hard work.
learn hard work.
I get alone with al of my co worker and management
Great People, Great work environment
Warehouse Clerk/Stock Operator (Seasonal) (Former Employee), Centerville hwyAugust 25, 2014
Pros: great with my schedule
• Able and capable of lifting 100lbs, can withstand extreme hot and cold conditions. Capable of prolonged physical effort, fast problem solver, ability to respect deadlines and to efficiently interrelate with other workers of the department.
• Ability to read, understand, and follow, safety procedures
• Unloaded stock incoming material from vendors. – more... Label all parts for tracking per ISO requirements.
• Professionally and courteously assisted all customers as they entered the warehouse for material pick-up or returns.
• Working in the receiving and shipping department, picking, packing, and scanning orders using a palletizer and also doing inventory.
• Organized the warehouse, maintained freight integrity, and complied with all safety and fire responsibilities, policies, and procedures – less
good people to work with
CONNECTION CENTER ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), websterAugust 25, 2014
I sold cell phones and helped out customer. I enjoyed doing the customer service and helping out the customers.
A good company to work for as far as giving a person with no experience a job.
Stocker (Former Employee), Chester, SCAugust 25, 2014
Pros: valuable experience
Cons: needed more hours after i graduated and just not able to get them.
I worked different shifts but enjoyed the evening shift the most because that is when most of the trucks would need to be unloaded and the shift went by quickly. It being my first job I learned many things valuable, such as the importance of being on time, responsibility, completing tasks assigned, and dealing with the public.
Safety and Security of Others
Asset Protection Associate (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDAugust 25, 2014
Pros: discounts, busy
Cons: short breaks, hours
Enjoy making sure that the asset of the business and the safety of the employees as well as the customers are met.
Fun place to work
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Petersburg, VAAugust 25, 2014
Pros: great people
Cons: compensation and benefits
Fun merchandising and meeting new people. Always busy and fast paced work environment. Days go by fast because there is always something going on.
Retail
Inventory Management Specialist & Instock Team (Current Employee), USAAugust 25, 2014
They don't pay enough for the things you do. Management needs to work better at finding solutions to problems.

About Walmart

Wal-Mart Stores, Inc., branded as Walmart since 2008 and Wal-Mart before then, is an American public multinational corporation – Read more