Walmart Employee Reviews

Found 82,132 reviews matching the search
walmart
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Ellenwood, GAMay 24, 2017
working for Walmart was okay they don't give there employers good hours,benefits, and pay this job is good for a student trying to get extra money but this job isn't for anyone to make this a full time job
Pros
good work enviroment
Cons
salary, hours, benefits
Not much help
Customer Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Evergreen, COMay 24, 2017
You must be on top of your game all the time or you'll get behind in your work and possibly get coached (written up) and you also have to constantly be on your managers back to get addiquate scheduling
Pros
Cheap vision/ dental plus discounts
Fast paced, lots of different faces and people to meet and talk to, great management.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Mayfield, KYMay 24, 2017
Great place to work, just needed more hours. Lunch is not taken out of your hours scheduled, so you end up losing a lot of hours and you have to take your lunch and 15 minute breaks.
Pros
Hour lunch, benefits, face paced
Cons
Hour lunch is not included in your hours scheduled so you lose alot of hours.
Loved working for walmart
Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 24, 2017
I absolutely loved my time at Walmart on dunvale. The management staff was superb and Walmart is a great company to excel and climb up the latter in the company.
It is an okay place to work
Backroom Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSMay 24, 2017
Management is the worst part about working for wal mart. They really have no idea how to run a store. At point during my employment management had me doing their job for them. I went under paid and eventually left the company to find something better.
Pros
An hour lunch
Cons
Management and scheduling
met many people
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Bennington, VTMay 23, 2017
I don't agree with the stores policy of not being able to have your family members come to your register. I also don't need an hour lunch. When I worked there the management was not user friendly.
Pros
1 hour long lunch
Cons
management was poor
I great place
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaMay 23, 2017
I started out a cashier and in that time there I learned how to cashier and I learned to do customer service that includes paying bills sending money returns cashing payroll checks and how to deal with every day customers in a friendly manner, I also learned how to be a customer service manager.
Pros
Great associates
Cons
Poor management
front end/cashier/stocking
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAMay 23, 2017
Walmart was a decent job for me coming out of high school but i didn't feel like i could get any real advancement in the career field because of a strong union and having to have had a great amount of time spent in the workplace to advance.
Bad
Overnight stocker (Current Employee) –  Texarkana, TXMay 23, 2017
Bad Mangement, Bad communication over worked and under payed to many lazy people and unprofessional ways how workers treat people and merchandise, bad job
Great Job For No one
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Murray, KYMay 23, 2017
Walmart is not competitive and stuck in their own ways and will never make a change in pay or the way they treat their employees. This is unfortunate due to the competitive nature of companies that are like Walmart.
Not a very good work place
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Elkins, WVMay 23, 2017
I wouldn't recommend this place for no one because the CMS's are slow an mostly lazy an when your needed them to get you more money or something they huff like its killing them that probably exactly why they don't keep employees there to this day I even hate going there for anything
Productive friendly safe.
Courtesy Associate (Former Employee) –  Mineola, TXMay 23, 2017
Walmart was the best job I've had. They allow you to move up anywhere in the store. Help you build a career. And have awesome benefits and great competitive pay. I loved walmart.l
Room for growth
Softlines Associate (Former Employee) –  Waterville, MEMay 23, 2017
As standard as employment at Walmart may seem, there are ins and outs that must be learned, procedures to be followed, and relationships that must be maintained when working in the public. Walmart offers opportunity for advancement, though the health insurance is costly and has an exorbitant deductible.
Pros
Flexible schedule, variety of positions, atmosphere
Cons
Benefits, seldom offered full time employment
great management, easy going co workers, never bored
Cashier/Stocker/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Covington, WAMay 23, 2017
The Covington Walmart was a pleasant experience from the management team to the tasks. My co workers at the time were very helpful when it came to questions about certain tasks and how to do certain things for example maneuvering a pallet jack. The management and supervisors seemed to be on top of things and encouraged us daily to take our 15 minute breaks on time along with being steadfast when it came to correcting the registers if an error had occurred. Getting to speak with management about scheduling and improvement was met with no hassle. Being a sales associate and cashier I always had various tasks other than managing the till making the work experience different everyday.
Pros
management encouraged breaks, co workers were easy going, never bored
Cons
working outside in garden center during summer. very hot
not enjoyable
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Great Bend, KSMay 23, 2017
too many people call in
not enough associates to run the store.
hardest part is dealing with customers that are mad because of not having any cashiers
i use to enjoy my job but now i feel like i always get the jobs that nobody else wants to do.
Pros
associate appreciation, considerate of breast feeding/pumping
Cons
healthcare benefits
Not a Great Place to Work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Millville, NJMay 23, 2017
Management was rude and inpatient. They would hardly ever hire full time because they didn't want to give benefits to the people who really needed them. Scheduling was horrible.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Burlington, NJMay 23, 2017
I love the pay and the fact I was able to work lots of hrs. I love the benefits. I love the atmosphere. I do not like that some of the managers did not have understanding when it came to my children. I always was scheduled for holidays like I didn't have children.
Pros
Hours, benifits
Cons
Unprofessional
Productivce friendly enviorment
Lead Trainer (Former Employee) –  Chino, CAMay 23, 2017
I love the job becausw job had no heavy lifting & everyone there was young and ambitious very helpful. Supervisors were never rude and mever treated like we were a robot good work overal
Pros
Good lunch room free giveaways
Cons
4 stories so alot of walking
Very nice people
Wal-Mart Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ponchatoula, LAMay 23, 2017
I enjoyed working for them , my patient was very sweet & kind! The job wasn't to much & the pay was good as well. They were very helpful && taught me a lot !
Pros
Kind people
Cons
patient left
Easy going
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Van Buren, ARMay 23, 2017
Has it's ups and downs fast paced, sometimes it is pretty slow friendly people . Has some friendly management personnel and some unfriendly management personnel pretty easy going there laid back has some good benefits sometimes I work well with your schedule and sometimes they don't
Pros
Discounts you get a hour lunch break
Cons
Some unfriendly management personnel

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Walmart. Our community is ready to answer.