Walmart
47,093 reviews

Walmart Employee Reviews

Productive and Fun
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Chester, VAMay 21, 2015
A typical day will working at Walmart is calm, productive and there is always something new to learn they also have a wonderful management program which inspires associates to pursue a challenge.
A hard company to work for
Department Manager/Customer Service (Former Employee), Plaistow, NHMay 21, 2015
This company's growth changed the way they treated their employees. As department managers we were required to the job of three people. They only wanted results and expected for you to achieve their goals, even if you didn't have enough help.
A Really good expierience of managing times
Merchandise Supervisor (Former Employee), Edinburg, TXMay 21, 2015
Pros: Good company to start improving
Cons: Bad Personal above the department managers
For the tipical day in walmart is amused how the co-workers can be so friendly as also helping you with your problems at work, even that you can learn a lot more things in the aspect of knowledge about managing a store and the procedures they need to have, the only hard part about it was that sometimes managment just left their positions to go to lunch or even to leave at time without thinking the problems that they could have in the departments, but i really enjoy working for walmart , it was a good experience about it.
Electronics Sales Associate (Former Employee), Broken Arrow, OKMay 21, 2015
A typical day at this job included helping customers with their questions and zoning and stocking store shelves. The job was enjoyable as I was able to effectively serve customers.
Fast and unpredictable
Electronics Manager (Former Employee), new yorkMay 21, 2015
Pros: unlimited learning experience
Cons: compensation
walmart provide managers with an unique experience in which you pretty much operate as a store within a store. It totally prepares you for all levels of management.
Half off of merchandise
Cashier (Former Employee), Rialto,CAMay 21, 2015
Pros: 1/2 of merchandise
Cons: Seasonal
A typica day consisted of counting money, transfering money with costomers, stock the shelves, answer phones.This was only a seasonal job and I didn't learn too much.
great place to work for students
Customer Service (Former Employee), Monticello, MNMay 21, 2015
Pros: fast past
Cons: just a number
A great place to work when you are young.Always busy so days go by really fast.Not always sure who to go to for supervision.
Great place to work!
Pharmacy Associate (Former Employee), Florence, SCMay 21, 2015
Walmart pharmacy is a great place to work! A typical day at work would consist of me providing customers with their medicines and ringing up other items if they had them. I really learned the importance of HIPPA which is a privacy act. My co-workers were awesome! They wasn't anything to difficult about the job. The most enjoyable part of the job were meeting new customers daily.
Was a great job..... operative word "was"
Manager (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCMay 21, 2015
Wal-Mart used to be a fun job, different experiences everyday. That was until they did away with my position and started hiring people part time so they would not have to pay benefits.
Grocery Stocker
Stocker (Current Employee), Lancaster, TXMay 21, 2015
stock shelves from trucks
easy work environment.
enjoy helping the customers
make sure the shelves are stocked neatly and efficiently
learned how use pallet forklift
nice workers
Stock Person (Current Employee), Peekskill, NYMay 21, 2015
great place to work .nice environment Great incentives. lots of room to grow and move up.flexible hours and customer friendly.
Great to have as a first job.
Unloader (Former Employee), Kearny, NJMay 21, 2015
Walmart isn't really a job I would recommend anyone to go to. They do not have a union so any job trouble you get in to you are pretty much on your own.
Helping customers
Cashier (Former Employee), Cedar Falls, IAMay 21, 2015
Pros: paid breaks, at least one weekend off a month, and store discount.
Cons: not having full benefits.
I checked out customers, straightened shelves and anything else that needed to be done. I learned that there are all different kinds of customers. The management was pretty good. Co-workers were nice and polite for the most part. The hardest part is dealing with the rude customers. Helping customers was also the most enjoyable part of the job.
Fun Meeting New People and Building lasting relationships
Manager (Former Employee), Bastrop LouisianaMay 21, 2015
Wal-Mart was great. Its one of the few places where you worked your shift and didn't have to leave to go pick up groceries from another store. It was literally a one-stop-shop. You work and then shop. Loved it. The only downfall was that I couldn't take care of a family of five on a Wal-Mart salary even when being a Manager.
poor environment
Front End Cashier (Former Employee), Danville, VAMay 21, 2015
Employees are not valued as part of a team and creating a relationship among employees is not encouraged. Management does not show much interest in helping others or making work a "fun" place to be. They rarely consider the feelings and situations o others which causes low retention rates.
Walmart
sale Associate (Current Employee), DeliMay 21, 2015
I enjoy working at Wal-Mart, but I am looking for a job close to home.
Walmart is a great job for customer service because you meet new people every day.
Communication
Assembler (Former Employee), Madera, CAMay 21, 2015
Pros: Everybody is friendly and willing to help you grow within the store.
Cons: The pay
The employees were all hard workers, it was managements lack of communication that failed. This caused lost of productivity, confusion and wrong product placement.
It was fun to work there.
Inventory managing system (Former Employee), Yuma, AZMay 21, 2015
Pros: 1 hr lunch
Cons: Really short break.
I would clock in and get my equipment then start to take out the products that are needed out on the sale floor. If a customer would approach one of us we would stop what we are doing and help him/her immediately.
Day to Day
Cashier/Manager (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXMay 21, 2015
Pros: More hours.
Cons: Short Breaks .
Working at Wal-Mart was something interesting and something I chose to do because I was able to work with others. I did not truthfully care for the management and the way many people would call off of work and the lack of help. I would arrive to work and go clock in after I placed my belongings in the locker. I would make sure my badge and other items were correctly in place and proceed to my destination. I would always greet my customers with a smile and allow myself the ability to make small talk with them to ensure they found everything okay. I learned that working with others is important and being positive is important as well. I had a few managers that were extremely rude and disrespectful. Coworkers are a major part of your day to day actions. I had many that made the day easy and we were able to work together. I did not like being the cashier that had to always depend on my managers to give me change and or override a customers transaction. I loved when customers would allow me to help them find certain items.
Good benefits
Customer Service (Current Employee), Terrell, TXMay 21, 2015
Pros: free lunch
Cons: healthcare
A typical day at Walmart is always busy and our main focus s keeping customers satisfied..I basically learned that management is not for everybody my idea of management is team work and not just depending on employees. Co workers wasn't to bad I can work with people. The hardest part was doing 13 palets and binding before you leave. I enjoyed everything.

About Walmart

Wal-Mart Stores, Inc., branded as Walmart since 2008 and Wal-Mart before then, is an American public multinational corporation – Read more

Walmart Salaries