Walmart Employee Reviews in United States

Found 58,783 reviews matching the search
Great pay
Sporting Goods Associate (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJune 28, 2016
I love working for them because the always gave me work and every job I did was easy, but It was difficult finding flexible hours with them.
Pros
great pay
Cons
not flexible
Productive but stressful cause of the inconsistency with management.
BAKERY ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCJune 28, 2016
Did not meet my needs because manager at the time was not understanding of my household circumstance with my young children and since I was only one to do job correctly and in timely manner there was no negotiation.
Pros
Meeting new people
Cons
Unfair
Its a good job
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Logansport, INJune 28, 2016
A good day at the customer service desk is when you get about ten satisfied customers out of the ones who want to just complain and nothing makes them happy at all even though you went that extra mile and tried.
Pros
Still have a few benefits
Cons
always changing something to associates benefits
Walmart is a battle field
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Valley Stream, NYJune 27, 2016
Walmart has no form of structuring as it relates their daily operation, its daily operation entails chaos and lack of professionalism. The policies that they write are not consistent.
As for the workers, they need training on how to deal with customer from all aspects and ethnic background.
This place is ok to work
Photo Specialist & Food Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Monona, WIJune 27, 2016
This is a ok company to work for. They only down fall about this job is that they will work you to the extreme and will always wants you to come in on your day off. They barely gives you a personal life.

The hour lunch is great and the people were very friendly to work with.
Pros
Hour lunch
Cons
Works their employees hard
nice place to work at
Cashier/Fuel Attendant (Former Employee) –  Texarkana, TXJune 27, 2016
A typical day at work was good i loved meeting new people and interacting with my regulars.
management was wonderful and i would recommend anyone to apply for Walmart.
i loved my coworkers they really became my second family.
well organized
Overnight Stocker (Former Employee) –  Pinellas Park, FLJune 27, 2016
great place to work. Flexible schedule I had a great time working with Wal-Mart because its a good job and they have many benefits to offer.
Steady employment and a good second income
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Arlington, WAJune 27, 2016
A typical day at work requires a lot of walking across the entire store. I have met a lot of nice people , customers and employees, but find the management very hard to work with/for. My biggest challenge is not given the right tools to accomplish a job well done and the lack of support to do so.
No options.
Deli Associate (Current Employee) –  Deltona, FLJune 27, 2016
I excel in technology therefore i applied for electronics and just incase i applied in sporting goods nothing else but i was forced to work in deli.
Nerves of steel
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILJune 27, 2016
The CSM position is rough! You need patience of a saint to do this job without being miserable! But don't be to nice or you won't be considered strong enough! Sure they paid me 11.25/hour but they dropped my hours down to 15 a week. Who can live off that?
long hours bad pay, managers belittle you
Sales Associate/ Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Lakewood, CAJune 27, 2016
the customers are great but management no. Very disrespectful, not understanding, do not contribute to help the team to succeed. have favoritism
Pros
hour lunch
Cons
no healthcare, no job security
They Really Need to Treat Employees Better
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Cottonwood, AZJune 27, 2016
I loved the job, as a cashier. I loved working with my coworkers and helping customers on a daily basis. But having such a wild schedule, and lack of hours was not a good thing for someone trying to make a living. They need to be more clear on their new attendance policy. It doesn't matter if your absence is because of a trip to the ER, it still counts as an occurrence. We were only told we were allowed 9 occurrences within 6 months. I had 7, because I had several trips to the ER and my daughter's trips to the ER, which led to us discovering heath conditions that we got under control. I didn't miss any more days until my mother passed away. Then I took a bereavement leave. When I returned from that, I was called into the HR office. They told me I had 10 occurrences. After I reminded them about the bereavement leave, they deducted those days, leaving the 7. Then told me I was only allowed 4 occurrences during the first 6 months. That was never told to me or any of the new-hires. It was not on the site. Not until the day they fired me. It suddenly appeared on the site.
Walmart has a bad habit of searching for petty reasons to fire employees when they need to cut back. It has a good atmosphere, the people are friendly, the customers are great, but management doesn't understand how to treat employees.
Pros
Decent start pay
Cons
breaks at odd times
productive and organized work place
Shelf Stocker (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJune 27, 2016
i learned a lot at walmart, it was awesome. the first few weeks will be tough, especially if your not used to the warehousing responsibilities. but eventually you will catch on and be very urgent just likie everyone else. the people there are really nice and its really diverse
Pros
an hour break and two 15 minute breaks
Cons
stock times
Nice people to work for
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Goose Creek, SCJune 27, 2016
I enjoyed working there and loved the customers . They do not train you on the registers. You learn as you go and you have to watch videos and take test.
Pros
the people
Cons
no cons for me
Productive and fast pace enviroment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Rockingham, NCJune 27, 2016
A typical day at Wal-Mart is busy and full of productive work. My responsibilities were running the register and handling money. Always assuring the correct amount of change was received or given. Using excellent customer service and making sure all of the customers needs and concerns were met immediately. Working at a fast pace so lines do not get back up, and every customer gets checked out correctly and efficiently. Always maintaining a clean register, and keeping areas surrounding the register clean and in order. At the end of shift responsibilities included running returns back to the correct department and taking the bags off of the register when the registers shut down.
Pros
Fast pace work enviroment
Cons
Management is not always timely
Good people
Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Mountain Home, IDJune 27, 2016
I learned how to multitask better! I love helping customers find a difficult items they need! My day started by doing trash duties,clean restrooms,spot mop where it is needed,sweeping and picking up spills!
Pros
Good people
Cons
Do not commicate when stuff changes
Stressful Place To Work In
Associate (Former Employee) –  NYJune 27, 2016
Walmart started out as a great place to work where associates were considered part of the business. Now days is just about making money and making associates do more for less.
not an enjoyable place to work
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaJune 27, 2016
always under staffed especially at the beginning of the month and weekends when its the busiest. Management does provide help with customer complaints and concerns when asked. They always pawn it off to lower management.
Stock Person (Former Employee) –  Port Saint Lucie, FLJune 27, 2016
I feel they can do more for their employees. Pay did not represent the work. Nice benefits. Could pay more to hourly employees.
busy all the time
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Gladstone, MOJune 27, 2016
The pharmacy was always busy and clean and organized. My typical day at the pharmacy just filling all meds in a timely manner.