Walmart
45,874 reviews

Walmart United States Employee Reviews

walmart is a good place to shop at, customer service is great. walmart helps people around the world save money and live better.
GROCERY STOCKER (Former Employee), livingston tx.April 25, 2015
A typical day at was staying busy, and helping customers. I've learned to work hard and fast per management. I enjoyed working with a team that works together. my hardest part of my job was working nights and the best part of my job was I accomplished my job duties at the end of the day.
great company to work for
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), harrisburg paApril 25, 2015
WALMARTis a good company to work for and grow your career with.it is very important to follow company policy and you can advance with the company as high as you go .
Great atmosphere to be productive in.
Cashier (Former Employee), Phenix City, ALApril 25, 2015
I enjoyed working at walmart. I learned how to use the cash register and my co workers were very efficient in helping me with the things I needed help with. I enjoyed also interacting with the customers.
Great co-workers...bad management
Dry Grocery Department Manager (Current Employee), Mankato, MNApril 25, 2015
Pros: Co-workers
Cons: Por Management
You keep showing up to work because your co-workers brighten your day, but management is all ways watching the bottom line today, even if it means losing it tomorrow.
Keeping the store safe in a professional manner
Asset Protection Associate (Current Employee), Bainbridge, OHApril 25, 2015
A typical day at work would be walking the sales floor safely and to ensure that safety was being taken daily. You learn a lot about safety everyday and the amount of procedures you have to take to keep the work place safe. Management is on average and are there if you need them.The Co-workers like to get their job done. The hardest part of my job is working alone while I am keeping the store safe. The most enjoyable part of my job is making sure all merchandise is being protected and not stolen.
Its a great place to be either before or after you have already done the job you mainly want.
fabrics celebratation & stationary sales associate (Current Employee), Austin, TXApril 25, 2015
Pros: good benefits if you quailify
Cons: wage/bonuses
I have moved around departments learning each one very fast. frozen/dairy was mainly stocking. produce a lot of heavy lifting and cleaning. pharmacy was needing to know what is what, where its at, and how to help the customers. the hardest thing working there is they expect to much from one person in one day, say you have pallets of freight to work, well you still need to scan depts. help customers, do the notes. I understand when they are good fast workers but when help or the tools are needed they should be presented. the most enjoyable part is definitely seeing the satisfaction on someone's face when you know exactly where something they're looking for is, or just tell them have a great day!
Not a good place to work
Cashier (Former Employee), Lakeland, FLApril 25, 2015
Management had little consideration of what their employees have going on in their personal lives. This was a minimum wage job and was worked to the bone. Management thought nobody had a brain.
Solid and Consistent, very reliable.
Inventory Associate (Former Employee), Clifton Park, NYApril 25, 2015
Every day was basically the same. We would come in, unload the truck, organize the freight, and bring the stock out to the sales floor. It was very consistent and you always knew what was coming next.
Unproductive
Cashier/Sales Floor/Customer Service (Former Employee), Bakersfield,CAApril 25, 2015
Wal-Mart has a reputation for low prices. This Wal-Mart just doesn't meet the standards. Management is horrible at customer service, cashiers are rude, CSM (cutsomer service managers) are always running around doing absolutely nothing. Overall, horrible store.
Great place to learn multiple jobs
Manager (Former Employee), Fallon, NVApril 25, 2015
Working here for so long aloud me to learn each and every job duties and requirements it takes to exceed demands. I have learned most of my people skills from here and feel it is a flexible place if you like to move around and advance.
its just a job
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee), Mount Pleasant, SCApril 25, 2015
Pros: discount
Cons: everything else
Walmart is a last resort kind of job. they pay what they want. theres no over time.Some walmarts let customers steal and lose bonuses. and at quite a few walmarts teamwork gos out of the window. the managers are worked like slaves, so of course its taken out on the rest of the employees.
fast pace' fun people and they had a private break room away from customer view
Sporting goods / Sales assosciate (Former Employee), Modesto, CAApril 24, 2015
Pros: they had a mcdonalds in the store made it easy for lunch
Cons: had child care issuse
I was able to learn a lot of different areas I cashiered worked returns
sporting goods and i also worked in the cash office learned the in and out
Awful Company to work for
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Glendora, CAApril 24, 2015
Pros: none
Cons: The whole company
They over work you and pay you very little. A regular floor sales associate but is made to do cashier work, manager work, back room stocking, shelf replenishing, etc. All those extra things i learned and do are never appreciated and if you dont kiss up to the managers and just are an excellent worker, its not enough. All benefits and bonuses go to managers and the store manager and the company itself. Walmart use to be a wonderful place to work for when Sam Walton was around (thats what the veterans told me) and now its an awful place where if the right people dont like you, you end up loosing your job over unfounded accusations. Ive seen too many wonderful people who have worked so so many years there, here one second and gone the next. Definitely time to move on.
Fun workplaceh, great workers, outstanding enviroment
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Aurora, ILApril 24, 2015
Pros: Fun customers, great enviroment
Cons: N/A
Wal-Mart is a good solid establishment to gain work experience. Wal-Mart also helped me grow as a person and helped me become a better people person.
Productive and Great Environment
Meat Sales Associate (Former Employee), Saint Paul, MNApril 24, 2015
- typical day consists of working with employees and customers
- plenty of room to learn a lot of different jobs and tasks throughout the store at any given time
- management works close to you so you're not alone
- co-workers are amazing
- hardest part of the job is telling the customers we're out of a certain product because no one wants to let down a customer
a day at walmart
Money Center Cashier /customer serice (Current Employee), Chicago, ILApril 24, 2015
a typical day at work for me is solving customers problems and fixing accident that a cashier made. Cashing checking and processing orders and place the in there correct location
It was an ok job, mainly for part time income during school
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Gastonia, NCApril 24, 2015
Cons: Short breaks, no benefits, low wages
Management liked to play blame game for things that went wrong, and did not want to accept responsibility for their own mistakes.
Stocker and customer service
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Bryant, ArApril 24, 2015
Pros: Paycheck
Cons: Horrendous work environment
Stocked shelves and assisted customers. Hard to accept the poor people skills of management. Co-workers miserable at work.
Keeps you busy so the days go fast. Friendly people
Stocker (Current Employee), Lancaster, CAApril 24, 2015
Pros: lots of work, friendly people
Cons: pay, part time, benefits
Very busy place to work. Always have enough work to keep you busy all night, which is good, because makes the day go quick. Employees are awesome, which makes it easy to work, and talk to anybody.
All around the job is enjoyable but management is not.
Auto Technician/ Forklift Operator (Current Employee), San Diego, CAApril 24, 2015
Pros: fun work
Cons: management
I have learned a lot about working with vehicles tools and equipment, however the only thing that I feel is not up to my standards as a great place to work is the management. I feel they do not care very much about employees needs, thoughts or feelings.

About Walmart

Wal-Mart Stores, Inc., branded as Walmart since 2008 and Wal-Mart before then, is an American public multinational corporation – Read more

Walmart Salaries