Walmart Employee Reviews

Found 66,036 reviews matching the search
Constructive
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, TXNovember 10, 2016
Walmart's work place was very constructive. We had 2 15 minute breaks with a hour lunch in between. Every one was very nice to new people and it was a family environment. I learned how to deal with different types people very quickly. My co-workers helped me very often because there was a lot of stuff that is very confusing working behind the register which was the hardest part next to zoning the candy wall. Overall I enjoyed working overnight the most cause there are less people and its not as hectic as during the day.
Pros
The hour lunch
Cons
Short breaks
Very poor job security
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Longview, WANovember 5, 2016
The job was good at first, I was receiving a lot of hours during the holidays. As the holiday season came to an end the hours went down drastically. I went an entire month without any hours. the managers were nice but always let you know you were replicable. after a while I didn't secure in the job. the hardest part of this job was how they wouldn't let me work around my children's schedule. as soon as I was unable to work every shift and just morning shifts they started treating me differently. I would not go back if I had to.
Can be rewarding at times
Overnight Support Manager (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZNovember 6, 2016
Dealing with the customers can be rewarding but the biggest downfall of a Walmart store is the management. Some are fantastic, wonderful people and others are awful. I have seen stores keep nearly 70% of their original employees at opening and then that manager leave and within 6 months only have 20% left. Some management bullies and threatens employees. Tons of favoritism goes on and lots of false promises.
Pros
Paychecks never bounce
Cons
Managers with no people skills
There's no chance to expand in a professional way
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Laredo, TXNovember 6, 2016
There's a lot of favoritism, Managers don't listen of complains from employees. Manager only give the hours when they need you other wise you are only a part timer. Love the experience i had every day by helping customers. Had a wonderful time with my coworker, always helping each other. The only bad part here is that you can be qualified to step up in a position but if you are not friend or family of someone there you can expand in a professional way.
Wal-Mart
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Lake Wales, FLDecember 5, 2016
Good paying job! No a job security they let you work hard giving your all but you never know if they were gonna keep you or let you go. Most of the management would walk pass you if u had long lines and needed help as a deli associate that was the worst job I've ever worked and it wasn't because you stayed busy but because you had no team work your coworkers were untrained and would run off and leave you alone to run both sides. My last day working their I was left to close the entire deli alone 8-11 and the deli was open for business til nine.
Overall Good
Unloader Processor (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, KSNovember 7, 2016
I enjoyed the job itself, but the people and politics of the job are a little bit too much to handle at times. The manager I had was great and knew his job well. BUT they switch management and am stuck with someone that does not know how to correctly do my job and has never worked in the area before. So at times make sit hard to get things done when you need help because he also has to find help, which for a Manger to ask a normal employee an answer to a question he should know is unacceptable to me.
Pros
Long breaks
Cons
Politics and people
very interested place to work for
Deli Associate (Current Employee) –  Villa Park, ILNovember 7, 2016
Typical day having to come in and clean up what the night crew left behind and have your production done by 7am. I have learned that Walmart don't care about your health it's all about making the company rich, I don't recommend anyone to work for them. Management never on the same page and half of them have know clue on what they suppose to do it's probably only 3 managers that know what they are doing. Co-workers are very lazy and that is that hardest part for me to work with lazy people. My most enjoyable part of the job is HELPING/SERVING THE CUSTOMERS.
Cons
never get a break and no teamwork
A Hostile workplace with alot to offer.
Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHNovember 10, 2016
Walmart has alot to offer from benefits to pay rate. I also really like the way you get a bonus every 6 months, depending on the stores performance. What's unsettling about this work place is the expectations of certain departments of the store are VERY high. For example: I, a Maintenance associate was pulling merchandise to the sales floor and unloading
. Meanwhile i still had the store to clean which had to be done by the end of my shift. Its alot of work but the pay isnt bad.
Pros
Discount Card, Bonuses, hour breaks, big break room
Cons
Alot of work, doctors excuses irrelevant.
Not a place to settle down for a carrer choice
Front End Zone Supervisor (Former Employee) –  WalmartNovember 10, 2016
I had a long employment with Walmart, and tho the advancement oppertunites were there, the stress that came along with the job is simply not worth it, with the pay they offer. The benefits are terrible, and the most difficult part of it all was the majority of people did not work very hard, and did not know much of anything and did not care to learn - they were there for a pay check and nothing more. The people who did know, care and work hard were the ones who does all the work, and gets held accountable. As a lead supervisor, I saw this far too often from my superiors.
My report I gave to a manager wasn't respected.
Wal-Mart Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, WANovember 10, 2016
It was really hard to keep all the clothes folded in apparel department in front of the store. Customers don't respect the hard work of Walmart employees. We have to keep everything organized. As soon as I have the department in order a customer will destroy it. Where is all my hard work?! I always strive to do more at work. I did accomplish this more than one time. I was even able to leave early with a manager's approval, because I achieved above my expectations.
Pros
Benefits!! Possible promotion.
Cons
When approaching my manager with an issue, it was disregarded.
What is it really like to work at Wal-Mart?
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  AlabamaNovember 14, 2016
I worked there as a sales associate for a year. I didn't have any problems. I had a great experience I have learn a lot. Customer service just getting to know your customer and, being able to adapt to each customer. It's always full attention giving to the customers. The management is great and helpful. It wasn't a hard part it was mainly stay focus and take care of the customers. My most enjoyable part was that all customer was satisfied.
Fast paced workplace
Shipping/Receiving Clerk and Unloading/Stocking (Former Employee) –  Altoona, PANovember 16, 2016
Typical day at work was always repetitive but very fast paced. Learned a lot about team work effort and specific ways to unload trucks. My co-works were very serious about their jobs, we always got everything done before closing time. My job was fairly plain and simple, very easy. I had no problem with my work nor any complaints about it. I got everything done precisely and carefully. After my job was done, I would do other jobs as well that had to be done. It was a good experience for me to really explore my work place and also familiarize myself with different job duties.
great place to work, just not family friendly
National Certified Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Weston, WVNovember 11, 2016
I truly loved my job, just not the hours that I worked. I worked all over the place hours, With a family it is extremely hard to get into a routine and spend any time with them. Co-workers were more than just co-workers they became friends and family. Couldn't Have asked for a better management team. I knew I could go to them with any problem that I had and we would work out a solution.
Pros
best pay, great people, awesome, management
Cons
poor family friendly hours
Busy workplace with professional atmosphere.
Cap Team 2 Associate (Former Employee) –  Wellington, KSNovember 11, 2016
The typical workday for my position was both mentally and physically fulfilling most day. While there I learned many useful skills on how to help customers and how to work efficiently. Management left some to be desired with some not entirely focused on the ideals or concerns of their associates. Hardest part of the job was brought about during inventory but it was also the most enjoyable part as I felt that I became acutely aware of the products I was helping the customers receive.
A job that I enjoy very much and helps you learn new things everday
Pharmacy Technician in Training (Current Employee) –  Erie, PANovember 12, 2016
A typical day at work is coming in and making sure everything is out of fill, inputting prescriptions, dealing with insurance rejects and calling insurance companies for overrides. Very fast paced environment. I have learned that working in a pharmacy can be very stressful and that it's best to stay calm and be patient and keep working through the day. The coworkers are amazing to work with everyone works very hard. I love my job and what I do to help people every single day
Eats away at your soul
Cashier, Electronics Sales (Former Employee) –  Pueblo, CONovember 12, 2016
I honestly felt ashamed to work here. Got along with coworkers. Some of the management were competent and accommodating; I was able to comfortably negotiate pay and they were sometimes happy to work with my schedule.

Walmart has an extremely strong focus on strict adherence to all company policy, bordering on absurdity, and many management unfortunately reflected this a well.

There was also a frankly disturbing pseudo-worship of Sam Walton that was heavily pushed on all associates.
Pros
able to work with my schedule
Cons
Sam Walton worship, strict policies
Great company
Produce Associate (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHNovember 29, 2016
Good coworkers great pay good service good company fun work environment great department management i like working their its close to home friendly staff coworkers although. Some werent helpful and management didn't care about anything and felt wrongfully terminated and we all mistake and the assistant manager didn't say if i can reapply or not just rushed me off the phone and i really didn't do anything bad im a great worker and feel like i deserve another chance.
Pros
Hour lunch
Cons
Good breaks
Opportunities to move forward within the company
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Johnson City, NYNovember 12, 2016
This is a great job if customer service is your passion. There is always new opportunities and learning experiences.
A typical day at Walmart is and always will be pleasing the customer to the best of your ability. If you are looking for supervisor experience this is the place for you.
The Bad:
Management has poor communication with their employees.
Policy's and expectations are always changing.
Be prepared to work every holiday and long late shifts.
Pros
Hour lunches, career advancement
Cons
No holiday pay, work every holiday, management
Very Caring and Genuine
Apparel Associate (Former Employee) –  Ardmore, OKNovember 13, 2016
A typical day will be exhausting but fulfilling. I learned communication skills and how to defuse stressful situations. Management always had a tough love kind of air about them. Co workers are pains, but if you learn how to effectively communicate they will be your greatest allies. The most difficult part of the job is keeping up with tasks all while assisting the customers. The most enjoyable part of the job is the opportunity to make someones day a little bit better.
Pros
Family like enviornment
Cons
Short Breaks
Productive company, that will keep it employees working.
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Landover, MDNovember 13, 2016
Walmart has a great environment to work in. I came in contact with allot of different people from may different backgrounds. Management was great with assisting employees with any task that needed to be completed.My Walmart experience really instilled in me that GREAT customer service, where ever the location is valuable to a company. Also working with others at Walmart was also a good experience, team work! Not only can I get things accomplished on my own but can give and receive help from my fellow co-workers.
Pros
Always on the schedule, managerment
Cons
Healthcare

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Walmart. Our community is ready to answer.