Walmart Employee Reviews

Found 89,094 reviews matching the search
good pay
Shipping Manager (Former Employee) –  Robinson, ILJuly 25, 2017
Long hours and in the frozen section. fast paced. I did lots of paper work and organized everything. Made sure orders went out correctly. All made time go fast.
Exempt from meals and breaks
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Folsom, CAJuly 25, 2017
With the scheduling have very little time for family and personal life. Discount card is nice but only 10%. Management teams have lack of communication and not team up to accomplish. When in management don't receive full meals or break periods to offset the time worked at 10 hour shifts. Always called in from rest periods for small things that another manager could take care of. Overall good associates throughout the company. There is discounts through other companies working for Walmart that include car rentals family fun parks and cruises. There is 401k and benefits but are pricey if needing entire family.
Pros
Decent pay until minimum wage increased as salary no adjustments
Cons
No rest periods
Up's and downs
Overnight Stock Associate (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 25, 2017
I thank Walmart for giving me the opportunity of employment, I admit you will get what you put into Walmart to an extent but it is very easy to get taken advantage of. Walmart cares more about the final result and less about equal distribution among employees.
Pros
Hour lunches full time almost immediate
Cons
Stress stress stress
Productive and fun place to work, love the customers, they motivate me.
Deli Lead/Baker (Current Employee) –  Melbourne, FLJuly 25, 2017
Taking care of customer needs, frying foods, taking temperatures, slicing meats at different measurements, paying close attention to food handling safety, maintaining a clean area at all times, organize freezers/coolers, washing and sanitizing utensils, keeping clear communication with all customers, coworkers, and managers, baking foods, stocking sales floors, providing samples to customers, handeling pallets with pallet jacks, maintaining a safe workplace, lifting, stacking, and pulling heavy boxes.
Pros
Good breaks
Cons
not free lunches
Results may vary depending on store
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Bellefontaine, OHJuly 25, 2017
I joined the company with 4 others in training. Most of us had issues but the store I worked at seemed worse then others. The store manager ran her business with favoritisim and didn't care much about how the store is supposed to run, just how she wanted it to.
Great Retail Outlet
Grocery ICS Department Associate (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJuly 25, 2017
This a great industry to work in at a managerial position with the benefits and the hours available to work. I enjoyed working here and would recommend this job to a friend.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
Poor salary increases
Terrible at being flexible,
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Clay, NYJuly 25, 2017
This company was a great learning experience for becoming a manager. But they lack the compassion of a working family person. If your child falls ill, or a baby sitter falls through, they will not be flexible and will even emphasize the fact that you are risking your job if you fall upon a family issue,
Working at Wal-Mart
Csm/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Hazlehurst, GA 31539July 25, 2017
Wal-mart is a great place to express yourself no matter what culture you are from. The managers and associates have a great communication. I learned great customer service, and how to solve inquiries with customers. The hardest part of the job is controlling yourself, as for example when being attacked by a customer if caught stealing, handling a situation with unfriendly customers at a cashiers desk or relatives to an employee. Appearances count to the customers and co-workers. I personally enjoyed, meeting customers and new staff everyday, how to communicate with each other and overall working together to better ourselves and our job.
Pros
Great Environment
Cons
Hours
Fast paced busy environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Racine, WIJuly 25, 2017
This job gave me a different view of how a large chain retail store worked. I never knew until working here what exactly went into making it run smoothly.
Pros
fast paced
Cons
non-organized
Fun but hectic
Front End Supervisor (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 25, 2017
I loved my job at Walmart. Change over in upper management was my reason for leaving. They didn't know how talk to their associates and they worked us to the lol we dropped at times at the end of my shift my back would be killing me but I pushed through in order to fifnish out my shift. I always went above and beyond to ensure my customers and associates needs were met but that wasn't good enough upper management never appreciated hard work they just assigned you more responsibilities
Excellent benefits. Great place to work.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Greenfield, WIJuly 25, 2017
I Greatly appreciated the benefits package as well as the company values. The attendance policies were reasonable and fair. I appreciated the culture and staff. Management really never got to know me but it was an easy place to work if you're a person who likes to stay busy at work.
Pros
Benefits, Culture, comfortable working environment.
Cons
Pay was low at the time
Alright
Associate (Former Employee) –  Bloomingdale, FLJuly 25, 2017
It is a job, but watch which manager or associate you talk to because Walmart is great at brain washing their employees especially the ones who been their for a long time. Also if you don't mind piking up the slack for old people go ahead because if you are able body have fun being a mangers go to person. I left could not take one of the mangers who was basically my superior. Rude, favoritism, liar, Manipulator, and spoke in Spanish when he wanted to talk about people luckily I knew Spanish lets just say I would not go to a random person outside of work and say half of what he says.
Pros
time clock
Cons
hard to disappear
Fast paced, high potential for advancement
Personnel Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Lake Worth, FLJuly 25, 2017
Walmart is a fast paced environment, with nearly unlimited potential for growth and advancement within its stores. There are options for transfers to other stores, so relocating within the company is a huge benefit.
Great staff
Frozen-Dairy Associate (Current Employee) –  Wyncote, PAJuly 25, 2017
Busy nights stocking. I learned to build promotional displays and endcaps, where and how to place overstock items, how to stack-up a pallet. The hardest part of the job is the freezer ramp.
I worked in the Freezer.
Sales (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAJuly 25, 2017
It was really wondering. I heard horrible things about other departments, but my department was amazing and carefree. It was frustrating just standing around most days, but at the same time it was nice to work only when work was needed and to be there just encase something came up.
Pros
Work alone, work hard until job is finished
Cons
Dumb co-workers, dumb customers.
The little people.
Cashier/Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJuly 25, 2017
Managers only worry about themselves most of the time they just wanna cover their own butt even if it means throwing the lower pwople under the bus....
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAJuly 25, 2017
Great place to work at by yourself because no one is on you at the job and you feel more comfortable getting the job done independently. Fast paced environment.
easy going and relaxed
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLJuly 25, 2017
just being honest I don't really know what to say about walmart, I have mixed feeling about them. Some of management was great while some was lazy or rude
Friendly good pay Great co workers
Walmart Stocker (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 25, 2017
It's okay .
They overwork everyone like mules
hours are fairly reasonable and even better pay if you advance far enough to get bonuses .management could be a little more considerate and less demanding
Pros
great work environment love the people
Cons
difficult to get anywhere from changing departments
Not a good day
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Queen Creek, AZJuly 25, 2017
Walmart is like any other retail workplace. Customers always right when they're wrong, managers cut hours when you need them most, and supervisors don't care about your work. Not a job where you want to work in the long term.
Pros
Job experience
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Walmart. Our community is ready to answer.