Walmart Employee Reviews

Found 62,452 reviews matching the search
for young in school adults or part time side job
Customer Service/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Winnsboro and Bush RiverSeptember 12, 2016
I had a great experience working as a cashier. The store manager was the best, don't know if he's still there at the bush river location, but he was awesome. I can't speak for now, but then was the best. I will say I enjoyed working at the winnsboro location, but is heart broken because they shut it down. Corporate gets a thumbs down and me not shopping there may not make much of a difference, but I refuse to drive almost 25 miles for Walmart. And to see them put up more Walmart close to the locations that already have a walmart upsets me.
Pros
none anymore
Cons
ceo and marketing
Flexible schedule
Cashier, csm, & cake decorator (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCAugust 24, 2016
Wal-Mart is not necessarily a bad company to work for, but the management clearly has its favorites which I believe is not fair in the work place. I learned different skills for several different areas within the store, but you must go after what you want because it will not be offered to you The hardest part of the job was trying to stay above the water when you are not one of managements favorites because anything you say or do can and will be held against you.
Pros
Flexible work schedule
Cons
Favortism in the work place
Highly Do Not Recommend
Deli Associate (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKSeptember 17, 2016
I worked for Wal-Mart for 2 years. Made some great friends but management is the absolute WORST! Management seriously needs training in how to communicate with people. Too much favoritism. Lazy people benefit more than the people that bust their behinds. Corporate doesn't care. Since my experience with working, for this corp. i have boycotted Wal-Mart and will not shop there...ever again.
Pros
Great friendships
Cons
Very bad, unprofessional, untrained managment
Overview of working for the company
Overnight Stocker (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 25, 2016
Woring for the company was pretty much one of the best experiences I've had. This position was mainly working on a truck unloading it on to an assembly line for sorting or Unloading a truck with Dairy/Freezer product loaded onto a pallet, from there I would then began unloading the pallet and stocking shelves for customers before the store opens. My co-workers were all very hard working and supportive of team work in order to get the job complete. On a scale from 1-10 i would give the company a 9 overall. Great Experience.
Pros
Break room parties and bonuses
Cons
little to no cons
Very nice work environment with good people to work with.
PHOTO TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  London, KYAugust 25, 2016
i enjoyed working at Walmart. I had wonderful people to work with and a very nice work space. Management always addressed any issues that anyone had and resolved them quickly. The hardest part of the job was the occasional customer that you just could not please no matter how hard you tried. The best part of the job was when people brought in photos sometimes they were of places I have never been and it was neat to get to see those places and hear the customer talk about them when they came to get their pictures.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
Low pay and rude customers
Wonderful Job
Sporting Goods Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, MOAugust 25, 2016
Work at Walmart was fantastic, with great co-workers and a stellar management team. Work was rewarding and fun. It is hard to describe a typical day of work because the store was relatively small, so I would be working as an Electronics Sales Associate, a Sporting Goods Sales Associate, and a Stocker, all withing one work day. The hardest part of the job was trying to be everywhere at once, but usually you had a good team to help out with the workload. The most enjoyable part of the job would definitely have to be that you make friends with your co-workers and management, as well as regular customers.
Pros
Hour long lunches, flexible hours
Cons
some days would just have a 4 hour work day
The working environment is fast paced and fun.
Support Manager (Former Employee) –  San Marcos, CAAugust 26, 2016
I enjoyed working for Walmart and would not mind working for them again. The truck team environment is fast paced and you receive a great work out. There is plenty of room for growth and advancing oppurtunitys. As a manager at Walmart you have to really be on your toes at all times and really get to know your product and store layout.
Pros
Great wages as an assistant or store manager. Decent benefits.
Cons
Work/life balance needs some work.
A very good learning experience in retail,lots of on hand Trainng and learning.
Department Manager (Current Employee) –  Pineville, LAAugust 28, 2016
Very fast paste environment.Safe and very public,I have learned how too be a very outgoing person by meeting all types of people.Being in management has taught me patience and leadership and what in means too a company. Working with all types of people has been a great lesson in life. I would say the hardest part of the job is consistency,because it changes everyday in retail..The hardest part of it I would say is leaving on time,you never feel like you have done enough for the day.
Pros
Bonuses
Cons
Point system
Easy place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Hastings, MI 49058August 28, 2016
As a cashier I was pleased with the environment at work. The management team had a good balance of fun and easy to talk to while still following the rules. The shifts are all over the place and really hard to plan around, but availability can be changed. The job itself is relatively easy as long as you can stay calm with angry customers. You don't have to balance your own drawer or anything like that, the managers do audits throughout the day.
Pros
excellent breaks, hour lunch, flexible shifts, cross training available
Cons
angry customers, shifts are all over the place
Not very understanding management
Parking Lot Cart Attendant (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXAugust 28, 2016
I consistently and accurately performed my job on a daily basis. I performed all other jobs the manager requested of me to the best of my ability. The manager seemed to feel I was not doing my best and after a couple of conversations I felt it best to look for a position with a company that better respected my integrity and my word. I work hard and always do my best, I just want to be respected at work.
Pros
Lunch break
Cons
close to home, good starting pay
Great work place environment and lots of friendly people to talk to during break time.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Raymondville, TXAugust 29, 2016
Working 7 to 8 hour shifts helping customers and keeping everything clean turned out to be not as boring. Learning what products are best and which ones to stay away from different customers. The most difficult part of the job was learning what each key went to and learning the items locations. Co-workers are fun and friendly as well as very helpful.
Pros
10% discount on total price
Cons
Short breaks
Multi-tasking fun
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Beloit, WIAugust 29, 2016
As a Customer Service Manager with Walmart, I was always on the go. There were no typical days of work, every day was a new experience. I learned how to manage associates, run the front end of the store in a proper manner, manage customer complaints and problem solve for associates as well as customers. When a manager higher up was needed, you called and they were there. I had a great time working with all of my co-workers and am still friends with a lot of them. The hardest part of my job was trying to be in several places and the same time. I absolutely loved working with the public.
walmart
Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, GAAugust 31, 2016
The job itself was easy but some of my co-workers would bully me which is why I quit. The management was ok after my supervisor moved stores, she made fun of me for something I don't have any control over. The hardest part of the job was trying to finish the isle assigned to you in the time given for you to do so as well as helping customers and staying out of their way while shopping. the most enjoyable part of the job was making sure everything looked perfect at the end of each shift as others are finishing up their duties they help eachother.
Not very dependable with set hours. you may work 40 hrs a week for yrs. but they will not give benefits, dept managers a hit and miss, hard place to w
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Queensbury, NYAugust 30, 2016
You punch in to go hunt for a head person to see where and what your duties are for that shift, that takes about 15 min, sometimes you bounce around because there are not enough people, I do like the interaction with the customers and co-workers, you have to have a good sense of humor working for that company. the hardest part is the hrs. flex, one week you get 27 the next 13 the next 39 never know what your pay check will be, hard to budget. they will not make you a full time employee even if you get 40 hrs. week for a whole yr.
Pros
the customers, the co-workers
Cons
short breaks, no benefits
Modern day slave workers
Inventory Control Specialist (Former Employee) –  Utica, NYSeptember 4, 2016
I have worked for them twice on two separate occasions and both times i kid you not i couldn't even last a year. It had nothing to do with my work ethnic because while I was with them i always put in a ton of effort. I felt like they didn't appreciate the hard work that there employees do for them. Which they should because the company is only as good as the people employed in it. If wal-mart could put more effort into making their employees feel more worthy they could have the potential for great employment.
Productive and fun
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Russellville, ARAugust 31, 2016
The people and management end up being one big family. I enjoyed working for Walmart very much and loved the fact of so many possible things to learn. Never bored or having to find something to do. Any questions or problems always had a fast solution. I learned how to set modules, the backroom, ordering, the computer, and where everything is on the shelves. It is an easy, fun learning environment. The most enjoyable part was leaving the day feeling productive and like you made a difference. They also work with your life schedule such as school, and children.
Pros
The people, hard work pays off
Cons
Break room is plain
good start out job
Overnight Stocker/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Rincon, GAAugust 31, 2016
i like my job its just getting to over run with young adults who hasnt had any work experience. the company is steady changing policys and catering to the new hires instead of looking out for the ones who have been there. there are to many manager changes. been at this store 2 years and have had 6 different managers. im the only associate in my department who hasnt quit or gotten fired. my job is very easy just the people i have to work with have no sense of urgensey so i have to pull the work load.
Pros
i have a job.
Cons
slack raises, no accountability, no standards
mediocre
Customer Service Rep Cashier (Former Employee) –  Gastonia, NCAugust 31, 2016
You have the opportunity to assist individuas with various needs. I learned working here that hard work pays off whether you get promoted or not. The management can be overbearing,at times unknowledgeable of facts that they needed to know in order for the team to run as a whole and effectively. Working alongside my co-workers was as thought you knew them for years and not just months. The hardest part of the job was that the integrity level was extrememly low among management. The most enjoyable aspect were the individuals that we came to assist.
Pros
pay, benefits
Cons
no room for growth
Productive busy work environment
Wal-Mart Deli Associate (Former Employee) –  Carson City, NVAugust 31, 2016
Overall it was a fun place to work at, keeping me on my toes almost constantly with a lot of fun and interesting co-workers to work along side with. Keeping the day fun, interesting and different each shift. Lower management was really engaging and helpful. The hardest part of the job is when I would have to open or close the entire department alone, or when I or another co-worker would be the only one scheduled during hectic times of the day.
Pros
under staffed, only 35 hrs a week or less
Cons
great stable work
Productive and fun workplace
Modular Specialist (Current Employee) –  Providence, RISeptember 1, 2016
Great place to work and is very easy to move up in the company. We work as a family. Very multi-cultured and friendly.. Work hard to satisfy customers. All work to get her to achieve all expectations. Wal-Mart offers bonuses for great rated stores.Working overnight associate work hard to maintain inventory and thoroughly clean store everyday. Manager are very understanding and work with your personal life. Working at Wal-Mart I've learned a lot about retail and its importance our logo is customers first.
Pros
Short and long breaks, family enviorment
Cons
healthcare