Walmart Employee Reviews

Found 95,877 reviews matching the search
fun place to work with great associates
STOCKER (Current Employee) –  Garland, TXSeptember 20, 2017
i have learned aloyt at Walmart,the company helped me build my experience and opened my mind about alot of stuff such as diversty of culture, interaction with peoples ...
Had a great menager who tough me alot,and always encouraged me and showed me how much he believed in me.
Pros
free foods sometimes
Cons
short breaks
Okay place pays great but way better job oppertunities out there
Cart Attendant (Current Employee) –  Dothan, ALSeptember 20, 2017
My experience with this place is it is a good job over all ive worked some bad jobs in the past its just it can get tedious after awhile and one has to have the patience working with people and co workers
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Bad workers and rude customers but thats life
Managers never listen to you
Money Center Cashier (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILSeptember 20, 2017
I feel like they get rid of they best employees because they dont like competition. They never listened to you. I learned almost everything on my own.
like working with family
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Palmdale, CASeptember 20, 2017
wal-mart is like working with family. You have good and bad days like any other job but we always work together and become pretty close. We always try to make it better so our time goes by faster
Pros
fun
Cons
short breaks
very friendly staff
janitor (Former Employee) –  El Reno, OKSeptember 20, 2017
I miss working at wal-mart unfortunately I cannot get my job back for personal reasons but I would recommend it to anyone but management can be rude..
Pros
good pay and benefits break room
Cons
some lack of communication between management and staff
ok place to work
Automotive Technician (Former Employee) –  Gardendale, ALSeptember 20, 2017
don't trust managers, was going to stay there but was lied to so quit, shop chief was pretty good, had a dept manager who yelled all the time, did not like them very much, could care less. I stayed late several times when a customer call needing a tire, who was traveling and had a blowout, i didn't mind it was helping someone get home safe.
Pros
Cons
they watch you like a hawk
Great job for students
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lawton, OKSeptember 20, 2017
I had a really good experience working for Walmart. I was going to college at the same time, and my managers were very supportive of that. My hours never conflicted with my schooling and I also usually had enough time to study and do homework. Now it has changed quite a bit. All of my mangers have left, and new ones have taken their place. I have asked a few of my friends that are still working there how it all is going and apparently its has gotten a lot worse in terms of management The job itself was a simple one and the pay was pretty reasonable; holidays were insane, but that is the norm for retail jobs. All in all it is a decent paying job that helped me get through college debt free, so not that bad id say.
Pros
Discount card
Cons
work on all holidays besides Christmas, short breaks
its just a job
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILSeptember 20, 2017
learned a lot about the register and how fast the pace was, it was just a job, management was helpful, employees were helpful, the most enjoyable part of the job was meeting all the customers
Pros
fast pace, very busy
Cons
day went by fast
walmart is an exceptional place to work at
associate (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 20, 2017
walmart is a good job to work at with great hours. always offered overtime and opportunities to work more. i learned how walmart is a successful company.
Productive place to work.
Gresham - Grocery department manager (Current Employee) –  Gresham, ORSeptember 20, 2017
Very nice place to work. You always have something to do. There is always opportunity for anyone to move up within the company. Its a fun and safe enviorment to work in.
Ok place to work
Order Filler / Accuracy Checker (Former Employee) –  Sutherland, VASeptember 20, 2017
It was an ok place to work. It is warehouse work, and everything is typical of what warehouse work is. Pay was comprable to other warehouses. Ensured quality was always good.
My experience at Walmart
Bakery Associate (Former Employee) –  Grovetown, GASeptember 20, 2017
Working at Walmart was a great opportunity. Unfortunately I had to change my schedule and am no longer able to work to hours I was given. It was a great career option for me. Was able to go as high as department manager before things in my life took a turn for the worst.
Fast pace
Accounting Office Associate (Current Employee) –  Pisgah Forest, NCSeptember 20, 2017
I really do like my job. I'm just ready for a change.
I have always wanted to work with children to help them grow. I have worked in retail for 23 yrs .
I want to do more with my life where I feel like I will make a difference. I have heard so many good things about brevard academy and I would love to be a part of your work family.
Enjoyed work on front end
Cashier, Customer service desk (Former Employee) –  Longview, WASeptember 20, 2017
Working the front end was enjoying and fast paced. I cleaned my register area I helped customers get the items and I made sure that they were satisfied
Abusive Managers
Assembler/ Personal Shopper/ Pick-up Counter (Former Employee) –  Middletown, NYSeptember 20, 2017
Many times myself or other co-workers including others managers were threatened with termination for either minor issues or ones they decided to make up.
Pros
1 hour lunch
fun work place
Cashier/Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXSeptember 20, 2017
working with great one on one with some great associates and managers, making sure the cashiers were takin care of. breaks lunches on time working in a timely manner.
Pros
discount cards, vacations, time off
Cons
heathcare
Productive workplace with a nice breakroom
Overnight Stocker (Former Employee) –  Manassas, VASeptember 20, 2017
The hardest part of the night was to pull everything needed from the main aisle into the designated aisles to begin the stocking process. It was randomized so everyone would finish at different times. Those that finished quicker were pushed to help others, and most did without complaint. The workplace was nice, most of the employees were nice and courteous to their co-workers, easing in newer people that had just been pulled aboard. Management was very active, there wasn't a day where they weren't walking around the store and speaking with the employees.
Okay Place
Walmart Stocker (Former Employee) –  Elizabeth City, NCSeptember 20, 2017
Its an okay place. they paid good and was always busy. got paid what I deserved as I worked, good customers and great place to work. its a friendly environment and they work with you good
Group work in remodeling for a better walmart
Remodel/Set Up Associate (Former Employee) –  Pendleton, OR 97801September 20, 2017
It's always something new every day in the remodel group. We start off the day with a Walmart Cheer for motivation and begin to work with a great amount of hours Monday through Friday. The group is very funny and motivational to stay working hard.
Hard work, Active, positive
Electronics Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Laurel, MDSeptember 20, 2017
My costumers are my number one priority . I always help the costumers with a smile and a positive attitude . I tried to always go above and beyond with each of them.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Walmart. Our community is ready to answer.