Walser Automotive Group

Walser Automotive Group Employee Reviews

Review
Receptionist (Current Employee), BloomingtonMarch 17, 2015
Typical day is answering phones and helping management with anything they may need from me. I also file and make sure everything in the office is orderly.
Great pay, Great benefits.
Service/Customer Specialist (Former Employee), Bloomington, MNOctober 29, 2014
I enjoyed working for Walser. They are a very competitive place to work for. I worked in a few different areas with the company and all of them had different aspects that were hard and fun.
Extremely fun job with a great company
Porter (Former Employee), Saint Paul, MNOctober 13, 2014
Transfer vehicles to and from dealerships. I learned how to drive a manual vehicle. My co-workers and managers were wonderful. Hardest part of the job was downtime, sometimes it was slow and there was a bit of waiting until another vehicle was ready to transport. Most enjoyable part of the job was driving new and different vehicles everyday.
Too much downtime
Customer specialist (Current Employee), Burnsville, MNJuly 14, 2014
Walser Automotive Group is a good company, but the sales position has too much downtime. There are days where I sit around doing nothing for hours.
Very fast paced work place, enjoyed finding out customer needs and putting them in their dream vehicle
Sales Specialist (Former Employee), Hopkins Chrysler, Jeep, Dodge.October 4, 2013
Pros: great management, the best i've ever worked for. the training was wonderful.
Cons: co-workers/team leads were negative at times for various reasons.
I would start by doing several lot walks looking at new inventory and also looking for customers in the lot looking at vehicle. I loved working in a fast paced environment because it brought out the best in me always be busy and efficient. When customers came in I would greet them and if they we're interested in buying a vehicle "sometime" soon I would get to know these customers and made friends with them, which came down to getting to know them on a person level. I believe it's all about personal relationships in sales. That added value to the dealership and myself and which lead to them respecting, liking and trusting me. Going that extra mile and adding value resulted in a lot of successful vehicle sales. Many customers said I was in the wrong business because they said I gave them the best service of their life and I was the best salesman they have seen. Those were nice compliments. The hardest part of the job was cold calling in the winter when we had a lot of snow. However, I think cold calling is fun and I was able to build value with a lot of customer on the phone and set up a lot of appointments, which lead to vehicle being sold! Although I did have a lot of referrals, which made winter go by very fast. The most enjoyable part of the job was making personal relationships and making friends with the customers. Again that build value and I would always sell several vehicles above quota and one month lead the entire enterprise (150+ sales specialists) in Index Matrix Percentage. That was a very rewarding month. It was also enjoyable selling warranties because cars depreciate – more... the moment you sell them and it was a great knowing this most all my customers were 100% just in case something went wrong with their vehicle. It's also worth noting we were paid by the hour and didn't work on commission and management encouraged us to tell each customer. Even though I was among the best each month I knew and management knew this job was for the short term even though they desperately wanted me to come back because my next step was going into a more Professional Sales role and also my summer trip to Ireland and other parts of Europe were approaching. It was tough leaving this position because of the wonderful relationships I had with the general manager, assistant manager and all my co-workers. Since I’m back in town my goal is to find a long term position as a sales/account representative with a very respectable company. – less
Fun, down to earth work environment!
Document Scanner (Current Employee), Hopkins, MNSeptember 5, 2013
Very friendly and knowledgeable co-workers! Great company!
Fun place to work
Customer Specialist (Former Employee), Hopkins, MNSeptember 14, 2012
The most enjoyable aspect about Walser was the fast paced atmosphere that we had day in and day out. I got to work with a lot of very fun and energetic co-workers that truley loved their jobs. I also, really liked working with customers and getting to meet new people every day that I went to work. That aspect was the most rewarding for me along with the fact that I got to help them find the right vehicle that would fit their needs and wants. The hardest part of the job is the long hours and the unpredicatablility of the hours you would have to work. If you had previous plans but you were helping a customer thent he customer came first and you would have to cancel or be very late for your previous appointments. That got to be very frustrating at times. It was long hours too but not all the time.
The best dealership group to work for in the Twin Cities.
President - Chief Operating Officer (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNAugust 13, 2012
Spent almost 19 years with the company. Some of the best and most rewarding times I have had in my life.
Horrible place
Sr. Web Developer (Former Employee), Bloomington, MNJuly 9, 2012
Cons: to many to list
I was a developer there for about 1 year. Management is constantly shifting. There is no "culture" there. I've seen several people get terminated for little to no reason. Management has a "do as I say, not as I do" mentality. There is no work life balance.

My manager was working about 85 hours a week (that's not a typo), and they still complained that he wasn't doing enough and DEMOTED HIM for not giving more effort.

When someone gets termed for something idiotic, it's so common that people don't even bat an eye anymore. If "Joe" gets fired, the inside joke is that goes something like this: "Joe ain't here anymore. They gave it to him the Walser Way."

My pay was good, but that was because I was a contractor and negotiated my salary through my recruiter.

I left on my own terms, so this isn't a bitter review. I left before they could give it to me "the Walser Way".

Walser Automotive Group Salaries