Walser Automotive Group Employee Reviews

Horrible company to work for
Automotive Technician (Former Employee) –  Owatonna, MNJanuary 18, 2018
Highly unlikely I would ever recommend working for this company. Constantly lied to me, and refused to advance my position despite doing everything asked of me.
Terrible managemnet
N/A (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSNovember 14, 2017
Walser automotive has terrible management. The management does not supervise their employees at all and also it is a big high school all over again but worse.
Great place, Great company
PARTS MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Maplewood, MNNovember 13, 2017
Was a perfect place to work, great location. Great fellow employees, like working with friends. Company would provided any tool and resource needed to get the jobs done.
Very competitive wages with a good work/life balance.
Final product inspector/Dealership administration (Current Employee) –  South Saint Paul, MNNovember 5, 2017
The right person for Walser brings experience, honesty and a willingness to learn the Walser way of working for a dealership. I work in a service center with multiple departments. As far as selling cars I wouldn't be qualified to review that aspect of the company. The main reason I love my job is the awesome people I work with along with the pay, benefits, and the shift is Monday-Friday. They match a certain amount of your 401k contributions (the amount depending on your title and tenure). Also, the longer you stay employed will increase the PTO you accrue per week. There are entry level jobs where you can make up to 18$ per hour.
Pros
Free lunches on Monday and they cater in once a month.
Cons
When it gets busy there is mandatory overtime which burns some employees out.
Always work together
Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNAugust 25, 2017
For the most part, the team at Walser always worked together to obtain a goal. no matter if you worked at a dealership or corporate office, the goals were everyone responsibility.
Scrambling Management
Assistant Service Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNAugust 6, 2017
The transition in upper level management, left the frontline team scrambling to adjust. The multiple changes in pay structure, and unwillingness to pay what was owed when earned.
Terrible place to work
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJuly 26, 2017
Walser is the worst company to work for in Minnesota. They do not care about the employees, offer terrible benefits, poor management who only care that you are wearing the proper UGLY Walser shirt.

They do not care about customer service, they rip customers off, lie to make a sale. They pay the employees low wages, including sales people. Do not work there and do not take your car there for service.
Pros
Cons
Everything you can think of
Terrible leadership
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Edina, MNJune 25, 2017
Don't work here if you want to work at a company long term. The employees are not valued, and their "CORE" values are a crock that they don't even follow.
Pros
location
Cons
terrible leadership, starting with the accounting manager on up
Unstable spot for technicians.
Technician (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSJune 6, 2017
We were bought out by walser, all given raises. Work died off, we were very slow. Then one day about 39 employees were all let go without warning. High turnover rate once walser came in, and now nobody enjoys working there. Pay plans changed in a heartbeat without any given notice
Pros
The schedule
Cons
Pay, jo security, management
You work in sales
Customer Consultant (Former Employee) –  Burnsville, MNMay 22, 2017
Just like any other sales job, you have a lot of demands to produce results if you want to stay aboard the ship. This can scare most people because it is pressure on your back to keep your job. However, this is a dealership and you should come in knowing that only those who sell can stay.
Pros
Good training and good motivational tactics
Cons
You're replaceable if you don't get the numbers

Want to know more about Walser Automotive Group?

Ask a question
Nice Company
Internet Sales (Former Employee) –  Edina, MNMay 10, 2017
I was able to really expand on my skills working for this company. I also liked how they ordere food for the employees. And there some great staff who worked there as well.
easy going
Detail Technician (Former Employee) –  South Saint Paul, MNMarch 21, 2017
clean cars to company standards, learned how to detail cars correctly , management was cool , work is fine, i felt is was just boring , hardest part of the job is trying to work fast, to earn extra pay, most enjoyable was the freedom of work environment
Pros
company lunches, cool manager, good coworkers
Cons
boring doing the same things over and over
Detailed Cars
Detail Technician (Former Employee) –  Burnsville, MNMarch 4, 2017
Solid management and fun environment. Room for growth and everyone is treated equally. Enjoyed my experience at Walser Honda.
Awful place to work.
Front Desk Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Owatonna, MNMarch 2, 2017
Walser was my least favorite place to be, other than the doctor. My co-workers always had poor attitudes, my manager was never around.
Great workplace with excellent career potential
Finance Center Team Lead (Promotion) (Former Employee) –  Edina, MNFebruary 15, 2017
Walser Automotive Group is one of the greatest work environments I have ever been to. Co-workers and managers had a great sense of humor and professionalism; incredibly fun to be around but know when to get serious for efficiently getting things done.
Pros
Advancement opportunities, Benefits, Fun work environment.
Cons
Erratic Hours
Horrible place to work
Phone specialist (Former Employee) –  Edina, MNFebruary 13, 2017
Management in the business development office is absolutely horrible. They hire and fire more people than I've ever seen.
Fun work place
Outbound Call Center Representative (Current Employee) –  Edina, MNFebruary 9, 2017
I love my job and enjoy working for the company. I have learned skills of becoming a leader, management is always willing to help and be there for their fellow employees. Great benefits and incentives.
Pros
Incentives
Challenging, fun, and always something new to learn
Corporate Used Car Buyer (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJanuary 27, 2017
Walser Automotive group has a clearly designed career path for those who want to growth with the company. I enjoy working with all the people that work for Walser the people really make the business. I have learned a lot about myself and had a lot of great leaders at Walser.
Pros
Fun enviroment, Free lunch on Saturdays.
Cons
Long hours and late nights at the dealerships
Always givin a challenge.
Warranty Clerk (Current Employee) –  Edina, MN 55435January 2, 2017
I am always busy, which I like.
My manager is equal with everyone, actually, Walser is equal with everyone.
I feel the pay is not worth the amount of work that is needed to be done for the job.
Pros
Much work is needed to be done
Cons
Pay is not worth amount of work
bad company
Lube Technician (Former Employee) –  Burnsville, MNNovember 8, 2016
bad scheduling and unfair work environment. needs lots of work in management and needs better job security. worked more than scheduled every week which i had no problem with just would like to be able to come and go when scheduled.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Walser Automotive Group. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9