Walser Automotive Group Employee Reviews in United States

Poor environment for women
Sales Consultant - Walser Toyota Scion (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNDecember 4, 2015
I felt like I was not welcome there - the staff would have rather had another "good old boy" in their midst instead of a woman. The hours were long, the compensation went from a bonus structure to a hourly pay and I couldn't make ends meet any longer.
micro managed, no communication, disrecpectful, underpaid, understaffed
service- (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNOctober 19, 2015
Political, understaffed, under paid, management doesn't communicate, repeatedly called "you people" instead of team-
When you have a question for management- you have 5 different answers by 3 people.
A lot of turn over due to not treating people fairly, right or paying them enough money to do the job they were hired for. They give out promotions to people that don't deserve promotions, but keep the ones who do in the ground. They will make sure that you don't have the advancement that you are looking for by not allowing you to leave your current position. They end up losing their best people and wonder why, yet, the people who they give promotions to are ruining what the company is standing for.

All and All, it's not a good place to work if you are under a lot of stress. Everything will become your fault and they will make sure you are upset about it. They will continue to bring it up in the future.

My words to advice,

Get new management, re-do your pay scale as in don't look for ways to save money as a company but yet help the American worker. Don't have your employees take on such a big role when it isn't their job to handle, if they do that, ,PAY them for it. Get all the bad people out of their positions.
Pros
nothing.
Cons
everything.
To much stress and reponsibility for the pay
Assistant Manager Choice Auto Rental (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn Park MNJune 28, 2015
Not a very good work environment. Mangement is very bad. They manipulate you as much as they can. Like tell you to go get cigarettes and pop for them. They give you the paper work that they don't want to do. Mangement leaves early a lot and let everybody strugle being short handed. You are responsible of renting the right vehilce that the insurance companys approves. Most of the time customers are upset that they aren't approve for a bigger vehicle to rent when their car is in for repair. There is always issues justifing the rental for the time th car is in the body shop. Mangement likes to keep adding more things for you to do without more pay. They don't give any anual pay raises. The big thing they like to do is hire you on as a customer service rep and then say they want you to be a tow truck driver for them. They will do what ever they can to get you in doing other things without the extra pay than hired somebody for that position with some experience. They love to cut your hours when ever they can. The Assitant Manager at the Brooklyn park office is very disrespectful to his coworkers. In my opinion this is the worst job for the pay. When I wanted extra money for towing they said it's know different that towing a driveable rental car on the car doly on the pickup truck. Mangement only cares about themselves and not their employees.
Pros
You get to drive all over town and meet a lot of people
Cons
You don't get a set lunch or break time
Review
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  BloomingtonMarch 17, 2015
Typical day is answering phones and helping management with anything they may need from me. I also file and make sure everything in the office is orderly.
Great pay, Great benefits.
Service/Customer Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNOctober 29, 2014
I enjoyed working for Walser. They are a very competitive place to work for. I worked in a few different areas with the company and all of them had different aspects that were hard and fun.
Extremely fun job with a great company
Porter (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNOctober 13, 2014
Transfer vehicles to and from dealerships. I learned how to drive a manual vehicle. My co-workers and managers were wonderful. Hardest part of the job was downtime, sometimes it was slow and there was a bit of waiting until another vehicle was ready to transport. Most enjoyable part of the job was driving new and different vehicles everyday.
Too much downtime
Customer specialist (Current Employee) –  Burnsville, MNJuly 14, 2014
Walser Automotive Group is a good company, but the sales position has too much downtime. There are days where I sit around doing nothing for hours.
Very fast paced work place, enjoyed finding out customer needs and putting them in their dream vehicle
Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Hopkins Chrysler, Jeep, Dodge.October 4, 2013
I would start by doing several lot walks looking at new inventory and also looking for customers in the lot looking at vehicle. I loved working in a fast paced environment because it brought out the best in me always be busy and efficient. When customers came in I would greet them and if they we're interested in buying a vehicle "sometime" soon I would get to know these customers and made friends with them, which came down to getting to know them on a person level. I believe it's all about personal relationships in sales. That added value to the dealership and myself and which lead to them respecting, liking and trusting me. Going that extra mile and adding value resulted in a lot of successful vehicle sales. Many customers said I was in the wrong business because they said I gave them the best service of their life and I was the best salesman they have seen. Those were nice compliments. The hardest part of the job was cold calling in the winter when we had a lot of snow. However, I think cold calling is fun and I was able to build value with a lot of customer on the phone and set up a lot of appointments, which lead to vehicle being sold! Although I did have a lot of referrals, which made winter go by very fast. The most enjoyable part of the job was making personal relationships and making friends with the customers. Again that build value and I would always sell several vehicles above quota and one month lead the entire enterprise (150+ sales specialists) in Index Matrix Percentage. That was a very rewarding month. It was also enjoyable selling warranties because cars depreciate  more... the moment you sell them and it was a great knowing this most all my customers were 100% just in case something went wrong with their vehicle. It's also worth noting we were paid by the hour and didn't work on commission and management encouraged us to tell each customer. Even though I was among the best each month I knew and management knew this job was for the short term even though they desperately wanted me to come back because my next step was going into a more Professional Sales role and also my summer trip to Ireland and other parts of Europe were approaching. It was tough leaving this position because of the wonderful relationships I had with the general manager, assistant manager and all my co-workers. Since I’m back in town my goal is to find a long term position as a sales/account representative with a very respectable company.  less
Pros
great management, the best i've ever worked for. the training was wonderful.
Cons
co-workers/team leads were negative at times for various reasons.
Fun, down to earth work environment!
Document Scanner (Current Employee) –  Hopkins, MNSeptember 5, 2013
Very friendly and knowledgeable co-workers! Great company!
Fun place to work
Customer Specialist (Former Employee) –  Hopkins, MNSeptember 14, 2012
The most enjoyable aspect about Walser was the fast paced atmosphere that we had day in and day out. I got to work with a lot of very fun and energetic co-workers that truley loved their jobs. I also, really liked working with customers and getting to meet new people every day that I went to work. That aspect was the most rewarding for me along with the fact that I got to help them find the right vehicle that would fit their needs and wants. The hardest part of the job is the long hours and the unpredicatablility of the hours you would have to work. If you had previous plans but you were helping a customer thent he customer came first and you would have to cancel or be very late for your previous appointments. That got to be very frustrating at times. It was long hours too but not all the time.
The best dealership group to work for in the Twin Cities.
President - Chief Operating Officer (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNAugust 13, 2012
Spent almost 19 years with the company. Some of the best and most rewarding times I have had in my life.
Horrible place
Sr. Web Developer (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNJuly 9, 2012
I was a developer there for about 1 year. Management is constantly shifting. There is no "culture" there. I've seen several people get terminated for little to no reason. Management has a "do as I say, not as I do" mentality. There is no work life balance.

My manager was working about 85 hours a week (that's not a typo), and they still complained that he wasn't doing enough and DEMOTED HIM for not giving more effort.

When someone gets termed for something idiotic, it's so common that people don't even bat an eye anymore. If "Joe" gets fired, the inside joke is that goes something like this: "Joe ain't here anymore. They gave it to him the Walser Way."

My pay was good, but that was because I was a contractor and negotiated my salary through my recruiter.

I left on my own terms, so this isn't a bitter review. I left before they could give it to me "the Walser Way".
Cons
to many to list