Walser Automotive Group Employee Reviews

Terrible leadership
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Edina, MNJune 25, 2017
Don't work here if you want to work at a company long term. The employees are not valued, and their "CORE" values are a crock that they don't even follow.
Pros
location
Cons
terrible leadership, starting with the accounting manager on up
Unstable spot for technicians.
Technician (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSJune 6, 2017
We were bought out by walser, all given raises. Work died off, we were very slow. Then one day about 39 employees were all let go without warning. High turnover rate once walser came in, and now nobody enjoys working there. Pay plans changed in a heartbeat without any given notice
Pros
The schedule
Cons
Pay, jo security, management
You work in sales
Customer Consultant (Former Employee) –  Burnsville, MNMay 22, 2017
Just like any other sales job, you have a lot of demands to produce results if you want to stay aboard the ship. This can scare most people because it is pressure on your back to keep your job. However, this is a dealership and you should come in knowing that only those who sell can stay.
Pros
Good training and good motivational tactics
Cons
You're replaceable if you don't get the numbers
Nice Company
Internet Sales (Former Employee) –  Edina, MNMay 10, 2017
I was able to really expand on my skills working for this company. I also liked how they ordere food for the employees. And there some great staff who worked there as well.
easy going
Detail Technician (Former Employee) –  South Saint Paul, MNMarch 21, 2017
clean cars to company standards, learned how to detail cars correctly , management was cool , work is fine, i felt is was just boring , hardest part of the job is trying to work fast, to earn extra pay, most enjoyable was the freedom of work environment
Pros
company lunches, cool manager, good coworkers
Cons
boring doing the same things over and over
Detailed Cars
Detail Technician (Former Employee) –  Burnsville, MNMarch 4, 2017
Solid management and fun environment. Room for growth and everyone is treated equally. Enjoyed my experience at Walser Honda.
Awful place to work.
Front Desk Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Owatonna, MNMarch 2, 2017
Walser was my least favorite place to be, other than the doctor. My co-workers always had poor attitudes, my manager was never around.
Great workplace with excellent career potential
Finance Center Team Lead (Promotion) (Former Employee) –  Edina, MNFebruary 15, 2017
Walser Automotive Group is one of the greatest work environments I have ever been to. Co-workers and managers had a great sense of humor and professionalism; incredibly fun to be around but know when to get serious for efficiently getting things done.
Pros
Advancement opportunities, Benefits, Fun work environment.
Cons
Erratic Hours
Horrible place to work
Phone specialist (Former Employee) –  Edina, MNFebruary 13, 2017
Management in the business development office is absolutely horrible. They hire and fire more people than I've ever seen.
Fun work place
Outbound Call Center Representative (Current Employee) –  Edina, MNFebruary 9, 2017
I love my job and enjoy working for the company. I have learned skills of becoming a leader, management is always willing to help and be there for their fellow employees. Great benefits and incentives.
Pros
Incentives
Challenging, fun, and always something new to learn
Corporate Used Car Buyer (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJanuary 27, 2017
Walser Automotive group has a clearly designed career path for those who want to growth with the company. I enjoy working with all the people that work for Walser the people really make the business. I have learned a lot about myself and had a lot of great leaders at Walser.
Pros
Fun enviroment, Free lunch on Saturdays.
Cons
Long hours and late nights at the dealerships
Always givin a challenge.
Warranty Clerk (Current Employee) –  Edina, MN 55435January 2, 2017
I am always busy, which I like.
My manager is equal with everyone, actually, Walser is equal with everyone.
I feel the pay is not worth the amount of work that is needed to be done for the job.
Pros
Much work is needed to be done
Cons
Pay is not worth amount of work
bad company
Lube Technician (Former Employee) –  Burnsville, MNNovember 8, 2016
bad scheduling and unfair work environment. needs lots of work in management and needs better job security. worked more than scheduled every week which i had no problem with just would like to be able to come and go when scheduled.
Decent pay but treated terrible
Technician (Former Employee) –  Burnsville, MNSeptember 19, 2016
Worked there as a tech 5-6 yrs ago as a tech. Pay was decent but incredibly hard to advance to next pay grade. Treated terrible, work every saturday, terrible hours, advisors were rude and hacks. Mngt had such a high turnover rate they never really knew what was going on. Ended up leaving for slightly less pay but more respect and advancement opportunity.
Pros
Free lunch on saturday, decent pay
Cons
Lack of respect for employees not advisors or managers
boring
Credit Analyst (Current Employee) –  Edina, MNSeptember 7, 2016
benefit are bad and management is very impatient have to work Saturday and Holidays with regular pay. Job is not challenging and repeatative.
Provides Opportunites for Career Growth
Team Lead I/II/Sr. CEM/Acct. Exec (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis-Saint Paul, MNAugust 25, 2016
This company has provided me with so many great opportunities to grow and learn within my sales career. They are an innovative, ever-changing company that strives to evolve with their customer base.
Terrible!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Edina, MNJanuary 29, 2016
I was hired & was there for only 3 days, because the Supervisors had the opinion that I "wasn't getting it". How do they expect me to learn the job when they do not train you?! The first day I was there, I was "shadowing" another employee (which is what you normally do on a first day...) but I was told not to ask any questions (???), just to write them down, & we would go over it later. Well, the next day I never got the chance to go over ANY questions I had, wasn't even walked through any procedures at all. The day after that, they just expected me to know how to do EVERYTHING. They also never told me that there was a separate entrance & break room for the dept I was in. These people are SO not considerate or helpful or friendly. DO NOT work here unless you like to be treated like S***T!
Poor environment for women
Sales Consultant - Walser Toyota Scion (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNDecember 4, 2015
I felt like I was not welcome there - the staff would have rather had another "good old boy" in their midst instead of a woman. The hours were long, the compensation went from a bonus structure to a hourly pay and I couldn't make ends meet any longer.
micro managed, no communication, disrecpectful, underpaid, understaffed
service- (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNOctober 19, 2015
Political, understaffed, under paid, management doesn't communicate, repeatedly called "you people" instead of team-
When you have a question for management- you have 5 different answers by 3 people.
A lot of turn over due to not treating people fairly, right or paying them enough money to do the job they were hired for. They give out promotions to people that don't deserve promotions, but keep the ones who do in the ground. They will make sure that you don't have the advancement that you are looking for by not allowing you to leave your current position. They end up losing their best people and wonder why, yet, the people who they give promotions to are ruining what the company is standing for.

All and All, it's not a good place to work if you are under a lot of stress. Everything will become your fault and they will make sure you are upset about it. They will continue to bring it up in the future.

My words to advice,

Get new management, re-do your pay scale as in don't look for ways to save money as a company but yet help the American worker. Don't have your employees take on such a big role when it isn't their job to handle, if they do that, ,PAY them for it. Get all the bad people out of their positions.
Pros
nothing.
Cons
everything.
To much stress and reponsibility for the pay
Assistant Manager Choice Auto Rental (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn Park MNJune 28, 2015
Not a very good work environment. Mangement is very bad. They manipulate you as much as they can. Like tell you to go get cigarettes and pop for them. They give you the paper work that they don't want to do. Mangement leaves early a lot and let everybody strugle being short handed. You are responsible of renting the right vehilce that the insurance companys approves. Most of the time customers are upset that they aren't approve for a bigger vehicle to rent when their car is in for repair. There is always issues justifing the rental for the time th car is in the body shop. Mangement likes to keep adding more things for you to do without more pay. They don't give any anual pay raises. The big thing they like to do is hire you on as a customer service rep and then say they want you to be a tow truck driver for them. They will do what ever they can to get you in doing other things without the extra pay than hired somebody for that position with some experience. They love to cut your hours when ever they can. The Assitant Manager at the Brooklyn park office is very disrespectful to his coworkers. In my opinion this is the worst job for the pay. When I wanted extra money for towing they said it's know different that towing a driveable rental car on the car doly on the pickup truck. Mangement only cares about themselves and not their employees.
Pros
You get to drive all over town and meet a lot of people
Cons
You don't get a set lunch or break time

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Walser Automotive Group. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9