About our Company
Walsh Duffield Companies, Inc. was founded in 1860 in Buffalo, New York. Today the fourth generation of the Walsh family owns and operates the business. Our seventy-four associates have a combined total of over 1,000 years of insurance experience. We maintain four full service independent insurance agencies: Walsh Duffield Companies, Inc., Jacob Hauck Agency, Sardinia Associates, LLC, and Garrick Insurance Agency.
About the Job
The Small Group AE is the primary client relationship manager for a designated book of business within our Employee Benefits Division. The AE communicates with the client and manages the account from a retention standpoint for the successful annual renewal of the client’s insurance program. The AE is the primary service manager for daily service and administration of the client account. They are responsible for making efficient and effective policy changes and respond to all normal customer requests including claims.
The AE identifies potential healthcare business customers and is accountable for prospect from presale to implementation.
The Small Group AE will be responsible for advising clients on Exchanges – both Public and Private.
- Serve as the primary client service point-of-contact to the insured
- Provide marketing & client support in Group Employee Benefits arena
- Prepare and present new & renewal marketing
- Handle & resolve service issues: billing, eligibility, claims and customer service
- Must be knowledgeable about all federal and state legislative requirements for small groups in order to advise/consult on client issues, particularly health care reform
- 2+ years Group Employee Benefits Experience
- Must have experience handling Small Group Health Plans
- Bachelor's Degree preferred
- Proficient with computers & Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Prefer independent agency Employee Benefit Experience, but will consider carrier experience
- Current Life & Health license preferred (will be required within the first six months)
We offer a very competitive benefits package. If you are interested in becoming part of our team, please email your resume along with a letter of interest noting your qualities as well as your salary requirements. Please make sure to reference the word Resume in the subject line.