Walsh University Employee Reviews

An excellent higher learning institution.
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Canton, OHJuly 11, 2017
Excellent programs. Overall excellence in studies, instructors, study conditions and leadership Working at this job allowed me to continue with my studies and afforded me the opportunity of residing at the site where I had access to study materials.
Pros
A Wonderful Experience in learning.
Cons
None.
Wonderful Catholic institution
Assistant Director of Graduate Admissions (Current Employee) –  North Canton, OHMay 16, 2017
~ strong Catholic influence, but very open to all religions

~ somewhat outdated in the area of technology

~ students are valued

~strong retention efforts

~high levels of mentoring and assistance to students
Pros
great people
Cons
poor salaries
Low pay
Assistant Registrar (Current Employee) –  North Canton, OHMay 14, 2017
The pay is very low and they do not compensate based on job responsibility. The school is behind on many processes due to low funding in the departments. Overall, I would not recommend working here.
fun place to work
Football Manager (Current Employee) –  North Canton, OHMay 7, 2017
I already gave a review of my work at Walsh University. I don't have anything else to say other than I wrote this because I had no other choice. Walsh is a great school.
Pros
Got into games free
Cons
very long hours
Student Researcher
Student Researcher (Former Employee) –  North Canton, OHJanuary 11, 2017
Conducted research as a student. Built 2 research projects from beginning to end and was able to submit them to conferences. The university assisted in helping me attend these conferences.
Affiliate Faculty for Associated Degree Nursing Program
Education/Associate Degree Nursing (Former Employee) –  North Canton, OH 44720October 23, 2016
Walsh University was a great place to work. The nursing instructors were very caring and knowledgeable in their subject areas. The students were great and received a great education.
Pros
Beautiful Campus
Cons
part time status and salary could have been better
Productive and fun environment where creativity is encouraged
Advancement Intern (Current Employee) –  North Canton, OHOctober 20, 2016
As the advancement intern I work to keep Walsh University alumni feeling connected to their alma mater. I update relevant information by leveraging social media platforms and I also work with fellow staff members to grow our mentorship program. Although I have only worked in this specific position for a few months, I have worked in this office with the annual fund for the last 3 years. Everyone I work with so welcoming and is there to lend a helping hand whenever it's needed. I am interested in working in non- profit and Walsh University has been a great stepping stone in that sector.
Productive yet laid back environment
Advancement Intern (Current Employee) –  North Canton, OHOctober 20, 2016
As the advancement intern I work to build relationships with alumni and keep them connected to the school. I update releveant information by leveraging different social media platforms and I also work with fellow staff members to build our mentorship program. Although I have only worked in this specific position for a few months, I have worked in this office with the Annual Fund for the last three years. Everyone in the Advancement office is so welcoming and offers a helping hand whenever needed. I love the idea of working in non-profit and Walsh has been a great stepping stone in that sector.
Wonderful Company
Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  North Canton, OHJune 1, 2016
I enjoyed working for this company. There was tension between the inner office staff at times and the project managers, which is to be expected. The environment couldn't have been better.
Diversity
International Ambassador (Current Employee) –  North Canton, OHApril 1, 2016
Main focus is to recruit students all over the world. We are now working to improve the diverse environment that Walsh University has. All my co-workers are international, so the most enjoyable part is to learn about their cultures. The hardest part is to come up with a plan in order to reach other students.
Pros
Improving my leadership skills
Cons
few work hours
Nice people
Custodial Assistant (Former Employee) –  North Canton, OHMarch 7, 2016
great place to work, the hours were crazy early and sometimes the work day could be very hectic if we had to clean quickly.
Pros
hectic when busy
Cons
lulls in business
A friendly and helpful place to learn and expand one's skills
Student Researcher, Teacher's Assistant (Former Employee) –  North Canton, OHJune 4, 2015
Part-time work focused on expanding education in chemistry and related research. Typically taught other students principles of chemistry and how they applied to an experiment or performed laboratory procedures relating to my research. Staff were friendly and cooperative, and very willing to assist with problems.
Great Experience
Enrollment Management & Site Director (Former Employee) –  North Canton, OHMarch 28, 2015
I started here as a correspondent, and had a lot of opportunities to learn from there. However, once you get to the point of doing the job, you need to move on. There is not much opportunity after that.
Pros
Free tickets and entry into local events
Cons
low pay, overworked staff
Loved the students
Adjunct Professor (Former Employee) –  North Canton, OhioMarch 4, 2015
I taught clinicals and lab skills. I loved the students. I taught the students how to care for patients, as well as making them aware of the meds they were giving, and precautions like, not letting anything touch the floor, wash hands frequently, and to refer to apps like Epocrates...etc!
Pros
Teaching students
Cons
poor pay and not fully utilizing my skills
Adjunct Clinical Instructor (Former Employee) –  North canton, OHDecember 3, 2014
I loved working with the students. The faculty were helpful and cordial.
The Career Center at Walsh University is a wonderful place to work.
receptionist (Current Employee) –  Canton, OHOctober 16, 2014
A typical day at work includes posting jobs to College Central Network and posting new jobs to twitter. Working on any projects that are given to me. Managing the front desk by greeting visitors and scheduling appointments
Pros
When I'm not to busy I am able to pull out a book and study.
Productive and fun workplace with constant student interaction
Resident Assistant (Current Employee) –  North Canton, OHApril 8, 2014
Management, Hall Directors, worked one-on-one with us to be able to provide the best experience in the residence halls. The most difficult part of the job is time management because you never know when residents are going to need you. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing your hard work pay off through programming and resident energy.
Fun Environment
Assistant Varsity Volleyball Coach (Former Employee) –  North Canton, OHJanuary 8, 2014
I enjoyed working at Walsh, the staff were all very friendly and I was able to form some great bonds with my co-workers. The hardest part about the job is learning on the fly, and teaching yourself.
Evening shift by myself
Campus Post Office Clert (Former Employee) –  North Canton, OHNovember 12, 2013
I would arrive for my shift just as my boss would leave to head for home. If people came up to the door I would either receive their mail or I would give them their mail. I learned good people skills by dealing with customers on my own. Hardest part of the job was the lulls when no one come to get any mail. I enjoyed the fact that I was alone and forced to be productive while no one was watching.
cleaning
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  North Canton, OHMay 13, 2013
great place to work. the boss was good and the employees. good environment.
Pros
good breaks
Cons
summer

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Walsh University. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4