Walt Disney Parks and Resorts

Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Employer Reviews

Best place to work and have fun doing it.
Hostess/Intern (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJuly 7, 2014
I did my internship here for six months. I learned so much about different cultures here. Co-workers were the best, great management, with a lot of job opportunities. Nothing hard about working here. Only place I worked at where you can be a kid and get paid for it.
exciting & completly new experience to work for my idol.
area mechanic (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJuly 5, 2014
Pros: my kids spent lots of wekends at the most visited playground in the world, i aquired many new work experiences & friends in the short time i was there, wouldn't have miissedit for nothing.
Cons: insceurity-which has improved through the years.
challenging job from the beginning, met people from all over the world for the first time in my life.learned how to work in an orderly fashion & "do it right". got lots of satisfaction in seeing kids & parents enjoying some of what were the fruits of my work. learned an awful lot about engineering & quality work. to many frequent layoffs in the 70's – more... due to inconsistent crowds visiting W.D.W. too seasonal & feeling of insecurity when you have a family. – less
wonderful place
Bus Driver (Former Employee), Lake Buena Vista, FLJuly 5, 2014
they say that Disney if the happiest place on earth and it truly is. The company was great. They offer free bus driving training if you dono have your cdl license.
a fun and fast paced work environment
Catering Manager Intern (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJuly 3, 2014
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts is a great place to work. Even though I worked a lot of hours, I was able to learn a lot. They gave me a great training and mentoring.
Working for Disney is a positive life changing experience
Disney Photopass Photographer (Current Employee), EPCOTJuly 3, 2014
There is no such thing as a typical day in the Disney parks. Each morning thousands of new guests come in and interact with us! I've been a photographer for Disney for only one month now and have been trained on the newest, top of the line Nikon cameras. Everyone in my department has been a joy to work with, particularly management. They are a phenomenal – more... group of people who truly care about our well-being. The hardest part would be the heat and sun exposure. As someone with nordic pale skin, I burn easily and am miserable for a majority of daytime shifts, not from poor interactions, but from heat exhaustion. The most enjoyable part of my job is capturing memories for families as they experience Disney for what may be the first, last or thirtieth trip for them! We provide tangible memories that can stay for a lifetime and I take so much pride in being able to talk to new families every day, find out where they are from and what they like, and finally helping them capture their happiness in that very moment. I love my job. – less
Great company to work for. The odd hours can wear on you.
Technician (Current Employee), Lake Buena Vista, FLJuly 2, 2014
The duties of a technician vary greatly day to day. The ability to learn industry leading gear is beyond comparison to other companies,
Great temporary job
Steward/Busser (Current Employee), Huntington Beach,CAJuly 2, 2014
Owner was very kind and appreciative of my work. Job wasn't too challenging and but managed to learn a lot about promotional products.
Temps Are Not Valued
Senior Accounting Associate (Current Employee), Celebration, FLJuly 1, 2014
I've been here for 5 months now and with a background in Senior level accounting, along with my MBA, have done nothing more than data entry and filing. I have so much more to offer, but my talents are not being utilized. I made the sacrifice to drive 3 hours a day in hopes of landing one of the many finance positions they have, but instead of looking – more... within, they hire more temps! Management completely ignores us. – less
It's Disneyland, need I say more.
Iron Woker lead (Current Employee), Anaheim, CAJune 28, 2014
Pros: season pass
Cons: work nights
Very enjoyable to work there. Very relaxed but very professional at the same time. excellent benefits, good salary, great future.
Okay Place to work Amazing place to visit.
Night Custodial / Merchandise Host/Hostess (Current Employee), Anaheim, CAJune 28, 2014
• Maintain the upkeep of Restrooms, Kitchens, Stores, And Attractions on resort grounds
• (Guest service) if ever needed provide proper information to a guest an or cast member upon request
• (Cashier) Cash, Credit, Debit, Traveler Check, Transactions
• (Guest Service) Handle the tasks of coordinating with guest in selecting their wardrobe involving – more... a wide range of patterns and colors and characters
• Restock replenish Merchandise – less
Guest Service and Food and Beverage
Food and Beverage Server (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJune 28, 2014
• I have been in the food business for more than 10 years counting 9 years in regular restaurants, 1 year in Walt Disney World Parks and 1 year in Walt Disney World Resorts.
• I am well working in diverse different areas threw out the restaurant.
• My experience has helped me develop skills to improve ways to learn new tasks quickly.
• Am very well – more... with cash handling and problem solving when it comes to guests or clients concerns.
• As I am a cheerful person, I always create a positive environment for my coworkers and customers.
• I am a perfectionist as I like things done the right way as I also pay a lot of attention to the details.
• I am organized and a great team player with others.
• I work very well under rush times.
• I am accustomed to work in a face pace environment as I am very good at multitasking and have things done in a short timely matter and at the same time.
• I am a people person I enjoy helping a guest to their full satisfaction as best as possible.
• Demonstrating an excellent customer service is always my goal.
• I am a graduate of Journalism and Public Relations/ Bachelor Degree
• Fully Bilingual Spanish in verbal and written.
• Proficient in Word and Excel and numbers.
• I am currently active and certified in Alcohol Vending and Food Safety – less
Challenging, yet fun workplace with lots of emphasis on guest service
Attractions Host (Current Employee), Anaheim, CAJune 28, 2014
A typical day as a host consists of either operating an attraction or conducting guest control for one of Disneyland's shows. We emphasize practicing the "four keys" (safety, courtesy, efficiency, and show) with each of our guests to provide them with the most enjoyable experience at Disneyland possible. So far I have learned a great deal about exceptional – more... customer (guest) service and have really grown in my ability to communicate effectively with all types of people, guest and cast alike. The hardest part of the job would have to be the amount of angry/irritated guests who are not happy about certain rules at the Disneyland Resort, but the most enjoyable part of the job is seeing the thousands of other guests who are having the time of their lives and creating lasting memories. The fact that I get to be a part of creating those memories at the happiest place on earth is just incredible. – less
Boring and tedious job
Attractions Coordinator/ Housekeeper (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJune 27, 2014
Pros: free tickets
Cons: bad pay
Nice discounts but the pay and commute to work where awful. Didn't like the management or many of my coworkers either.
productive work place
Night Maintenance (Former Employee), Anaheim, CAJune 26, 2014
Pros: disneyland entrance
a typical day at work was over night maintenance at the park making sure is was ready and clean for the next day opening.
Working at the Happiest Place on Earth
Global Support Associate (Former Employee), Lake Buena Vista, FLJune 26, 2014
Pros: free park admission
Cons: low pay for the amount of work
It was fun to uphold the traditions and culture of the Disney Company. Unfortunately, one is not compensated for the stress and high quality of work. Work is your life and unfortunately, one cannot have a social life.
Walt Disney World
Labor Administration and Time Team (Current Employee), Orlanod, FloridaJune 25, 2014
Pros: free park admission, great benefits
Cons: negative work environment
I have learned so much working for the Walt Disney Company. I have learned that there are jobs which suit us in one company that may not in another. Typically my job entails sitting in a cubical and inputting HR date into a data bank. Answering both emails and phone call in a professional manner. Working with a seven different union contracts, while – more... also abiding by ever changing rules in an office setting.

My coworkers are a very diverse lot. I would say we try to have fun, but really don't have a lot of time for it. We all get along, but I would not consider us a close knit group.

Management sometimes is a bit a of an interesting topic. The office has six managers, 1 senior manager and a manager about that manager. To say that communication does not get properly dispersed is an understatement. Hearing the same or even different news over and over again is not terribly uncommon, either is hearing contradicting news or updates.

The most enjoyable part of my day is when I actually get to help someone and make a difference. – less
Magical Place
Hostess (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJune 25, 2014
I loved working at WDW. It is the best experience I have had yet. It was fun to make magic happen daily.
Happiest Place on earth
Guess Services (Former Employee), Anaheim, CAJune 25, 2014
Greeted guessed and replenished the floor, closer, helped guest find the perfect gift or survenior
Most Magical Place On Earth
Hostess (Current Employee), Lake Buena Vista, FLJune 24, 2014
Pros: long hours, good pay
Cons: long seniority
nothing was ever the same, always something different, always making people smile, and giving them a magical day.
Rude
Custodian (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJune 24, 2014
Shift leaders are rude and frequently talk poorly about people in Spanish in front of them. Thankfully it was only a summer job

1 2 3 4 5

About Walt Disney Parks and Resorts

Walt Disney Parks and Resorts is the segment of The Walt Disney Company that conceives, builds, and manages the company's theme – Read more

Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Photos