Walt Disney Parks and Resorts
1,413 reviews

Walt Disney Parks and Resorts United States Employee Reviews

Awesome place to work.
Disney College Program, Retail Sales Clerk (Current Employee), Anaheim, CAMay 3, 2015
Great company with great employees. Everyone is very nice and there are a lot of opportunities to advance within the company.
fun
Vacation Planner (Former Employee), Anaheim, CAMay 1, 2015
it is a great place to work, many opportunity's for advancement. lots of great perks. many different jobs to choose from.
Enjoy assisting guests on their vacations
concierge (Current Employee), resortsApril 30, 2015
Pros: steady job, union protection, set hours, reduced daycare
Cons: monotony, low paying, beauracracy
Typically, people work here for the fun of the experience and the guest interaction. No one joins Disney for the money side of it. Many days you get to share the experience and happiness that your guests discover while visiting. Most of the folks you work with have worked in several different jobs for the same company, and bring not only stories and experience, but expertise and a differing view of how to handle challenges (which is a good thing in most cases). Management is probably the weaker part of the equation as they are not able to do the actual job of the employees they are managing in most cases, but are there to talk to the guests and try and problem solve. The hardest part of the job is the stagnation people feel and the scheduling. Many employees are forced to work unfavorable hours due to the fact that others have worked a different job for years and have a higher seniority than them. Also, internal postings seem to mostly be filled from favorites; I have noticed from talking with others around me, and my own experience.
I was proud to be a Cast Member
Cast Member Costumer (Former Employee), Orlando, FLApril 30, 2015
I enjoyed working for Walt Disney Parks. I would still be there but my drive to work was over 70 miles. I learned about how the park was run. I constantly was learning. I worked with a variety of people from around the world. Everyday was a little different which I liked. If I wanted to advance there were plenty of opportunities. I dont know where there would be a wider variety of job choices. You could always transfer if you wanted to try a different park or job. I enjoyed the benefits the most. It felt so good to be able to let my family enjoy a day for free!
Fun Workplace
Stage Scheduler, Working & Special Event Leader (Current Employee), Anaheim, CAApril 29, 2015
Easiest job you will ever have. Get to meet new people everyday. Department has a family atmosphere to where your co-workers are like brothers and sisters. Get to learn something new and life lessons.
Fun filled place to work that was full of variety and excitement.
Coordinator/ Education Facilitator/ Events (Former Employee), Anaheim, CAApril 29, 2015
Each day was filled with an opportunity and a variety of interactions to present the company's world famous guest service.
Exemplary workplace with an outstanding cast.
Outdoor Vending (Current Employee), EpcotApril 28, 2015
Pros: Free admission to the parks; discounts on merchandise and food
Cons: Weather; Upset customers
A typical day at work truly depends on what kind of cart I work at that day. If it's an ice cream cart, I load a drink cart full of soda and water, fill it with ice and then drive it out to my stand. I attend to guests throughout the day, helping them find certain rides or attractions as well as generally trying to make their day better. I've learned how to properly address upset guests and through this learning experience, my managers and my co-workers have been phenomenal. If I ever get into a tough predicament, my managers show up immediately and help me help the guests. The hardest part of the job is being yelled at by guests because of something else that they've experienced on their trip. While I know it is never truly my fault, it's hard to remember that when someone is upset. However, the most enjoyable part is being able to turn a guests bad day around by simply giving them an ice cream or a pretzel. I've come to learn that the smallest of gestures can make one of the biggest impacts.
Fun place to work at.
Attractions Host (Former Employee), Epcot, Orlando FLApril 28, 2015
Pros: Complimentary park entry
Cons: Can get a bit busy
Working at Walt Disney World provides anyone with significant work experience. Everyday you interact with thousands of people.
Fun environment
Cast Member (Former Employee), Lake Buena Vista, FLApril 28, 2015
Pros: Amazing benefits and environment
Cons: Scheduling.
Disney is an amazing place to work, provided you have nothing better to do outside of work.

The scheduling is unsteady and changes from week to week based on company needs. I understand that many companies are like that, however Disney has no level of consistency. Were the work load a little steadier, I would be able to stay, however I am a fulltime single parent and I also attend school. I am looking for a steady schedule that can also give me time for my daughter.
Fast paced yet fun environment
Front desk Cashier/Runner (Former Employee), Lake Buena Vista, FLApril 27, 2015
Pros: Free park tickets, Discounts
A typical day would start off by making sure that all, if any guest issued were taken care of and if I needed to handle anything before starting my normal routine.

Working for Walt Disney World gave me the opportunity to learn leadership skills

My management team was amazing, even if there were twenty of them at one given time.

The hardest part of my job was making sure that all of my guests were taken care of and that all the issues that came up were resolved before I left each night

The most enjoyable part of the job was the environment. Everyone was always happy and I loved coming into work each day knowing that I was going to have a fun day.
Fun place to work, especially meeting people
Guest service/Front Desk Agent (Former Employee), Lake Buena Vista, FLApril 27, 2015
Pros: Amazing training tools! Great benefits.
Cons: Honestly nothing. They are doing a great job.
Walt Disney World Resort was a great company to work for.The people that work here with me were helpful, friendly, and very passionate about what we do. They really cared about all of the employees and how you are doing in your placement. Able to meet a lot of wonderful people from all walks of life.
Wonderful place, people not so much
OUTDOOR FOOD AND BEVERAGE HOST (Former Employee), Lake Buena Vista, FLApril 26, 2015
Pros: Wonderful Company
Cons: Long hours but do-able
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts is absolutely world class company to work for and makes for a challenging work environment, that challenges you to make yourself better by keeping you accountable to the guidelines that Walt Disney laid down from the very beginning.
Life changing experience
Photopass Photographer (Former Employee), Orlando FloridaApril 26, 2015
if you are outgoing and a people person this is the perfect job. Most days are different, roaming form dozen of positions. Wear good shoes.
Great Benefits
Custodial/Building Support Services-3rd Shift (Current Employee), Lake Buena Vista, FLApril 26, 2015
Pros: discounts
Cons: shorts break, and low wage
its a good job for a single person either living with their parents or in college. Benefits are good because you get lots of discounts off merchandise, vacations, and access to all the theme parks
A real privilege.
Intern (Former Employee), Orlando, FLApril 26, 2015
Typically I would open at 4am every morning but catch the bus for 2am. I learned some good cooking and prep skills, register, and some pretty cool dance moves from the parades. The job it self was not difficult, however the massive amount of customers every day was a little stressful. Over all I loved working for Disney and I would do it again in a heart beat. The most enjoyable part was being able to make someones day magical. It was a real privilege.
Magical!
Attractions Attendant (Former Employee), Lake Buena Vista, FLApril 25, 2015
I've loved every moment working with the Walt Disney World Company! I was able to help guests every day and had the chance to exercise my hospitality skills.
Disney
Hostess (Former Employee), Orlando, FLApril 24, 2015
Very magical place to work for. The management is very understanding. There are some long hours, but it pays off after. The staff is well trained and works very well together.
Great company with some great benefits
Cast Member (Former Employee), Anaheim, CAApril 23, 2015
Pros: Park admission, discounts, private events, previews, amazing co-workers
Cons: Rude management, played favorites, short turnaround (8hours), late nights
Working for the Disneyland resort was a lot of fun. The company in and of itself is great, but a lot of the management I came across while working there was not. A lot of the management played favorites and would distract certain cast members from work while expecting others to do twice the load.

The people I met, outside of most management, while working for the company were great people and are still people I consider friends. Disney does a very good job at hiring people who are fun to be around and have a positive attitude and strive to improve themselves within the workplace.

Disney has some great benefits and perks (ie: free park admission, discounts, generous holiday discounts, previews, special cast member events, on-site nurse/health center, etc) and they do try and treat their cast members as well as they can.
Fun and exciting experience
Attractions Host (Former Employee), Anaheim, CAApril 22, 2015
Pros: Benefits, fun environment and co-workers
Cons: Pay is not enough, hours varies
Ability to interact with various populations as well as provide services for these guests' needs. The most enjoyable part of the job is that everyday is different, you will never know what to expect.
Ok
Bus Driver (Current Employee), Lake Buena Vista, FLApril 22, 2015
Pros: Environment
Cons: Pay
Working is here is ok. Overall setup on how day to day operations for the transportation department is not what it should be. Fun but not worth the work for the pay..

1 2 3 4 5

About Walt Disney Parks and Resorts

Walt Disney Parks and Resorts is the segment of The Walt Disney Company that conceives, builds, and manages the company's theme – Read more

Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Salaries