Walt Disney Parks and Resorts

Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Employee Reviews

Found 2,858 reviews matching the search
Happiest place on Earth
Security Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 24, 2016
I Loved my time at Disney, No real perks just making people happy and I worked Securitybfor most of those years. You were mostly proud to work for the mouse. People thought it was awesome and were excited. There were some down sides Security I mostly worked 3rd shift but grew to love it. I only moved back to NC for my true love whom I married last Noember.
Pros
Magical Place
Dcp
Disney College Program Intern (Former Employee) –  Lake Buena Vista, FLSeptember 22, 2016
Although the pay isn't great. the whole purpose of the disney college program is to network with other types of management through the walt disney company.
Unexpected
eCommerce Sales and Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 22, 2016
I thought Disney would be a positive place to work, was I mistaken. This is a factory job with a thin veneer of icing. You will work weekends, you will work nights, they will pressure you to achieve your optimum performance. I was a victim of harassment and discrimination at the hands of management. You get free admission to the parks, but there are occasional limitations on the dates you can attend.
Pros
Free admission
Cons
Everything else
WDW Engineering Services
Ride and Show technician (Current Employee) –  Epcot. Mission SpaceSeptember 22, 2016
Been a part of this team for over 17 years; wad first hired in 1988. Left after 5 years, returned in 2004 till present. Incredible company to work for. Love my job.
Fun and Energetic Place to work
Attraction Host/ Attraction Trainer (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CASeptember 22, 2016
Great place to work if you do not have young children. Because for the first couple years you have a lot of really really late nights. You work with many great people that love their job.
Pros
free tickets
A typical day at work in Disneyland
Medical Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CASeptember 20, 2016
A typical day volunteering for Disneyland is very busy. There is tons of different positions available, the one i participated in was being part of a wonderful group of Medical Staff. The duties assigned there to me were very rewarding. I was amazed witnessing first hand the determination those runners had in finishing the marathon. We were there to provide emergency medical service to who ever needed it. That being in assisting with heat strokes, loss of consciousness, or and handing out OTC and NSAID medication. I had learned General First Aid in my medical college, but had not participated in assisting first hand with a real heat stroke situation till those days. So I definitely learned from those experiences.
My team was amazing from the beginning to the end. We didn't only help runners in need, but also managed to unload all the wholesale ice bags from the trucks they came in. We crushed the ice and made it into smaller ice bags that were easy to wrap around the limbs of the runners in time for the Marathon to start. As far as any difficulties go, I would not label any in particular because i learned alot in the end. Every single drop of sweat was worth it because we got to help out many people. I feel that is most important. Making a difference in other people's lives is what fills me with joy. My team and I, volunteered for 3 days in a row. We received free entrance tickets for every day we volunteered. i left Disneyland feeling more confident about myself and professional medical skills.
Pros
Emergency Medical Skills Experience Gained, Free Snacks, Competitive Compensation
Cons
N/A
Work Environment
Quick Service Food and Beverage (Former Employee) –  Lake Buena Vista, FLSeptember 19, 2016
I worked in Quick Service in a restaurant in the Polynesian Resort. It was fast paced all the time since the restaurant was opened 24/7. I worked as cashier, counter and dining area. It was fun because you did something different everyday.
Pros
Fast pace, fun atmosphere
Cons
A lot of restrictions on personal basis
Terrible and hostile work environment
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 17, 2016
Disney is an excellent company if you are the guest. If you are an employee, quit. The hours are ridiculous. You barely get any time off and not even two days a week off. They don't care if there's a catastrophic event preventing you from going to work like a seen tornado or a flood, it's not their problem, it's yours and you better show up to work. They are completely intolerant of you having a life problem and their managers don't even know what they are doing yet contribute to follow aound do your job for you which usually consists of them doings .05 percent of it "done". I never want to work for them ever again
Don't work their unless you love Disney
Lifeguard Instructor (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CASeptember 17, 2016
After ten years there almost I can say that I am very much underpaid and overworked. People are treated like cattle, and their is almost no advancement opportunities
Incredible work experience
Cultural Rep. Program (Former Employee) –  OrlandoSeptember 15, 2016
Working for the Walt Disney World Company is an excellent company to work for . I worked in a high traffic Signature restaurant as a hostess and a server . It was rewarding and challenging work , I have learned excellent work ethic through the company .

Want to know more about Walt Disney Parks and Resorts?

Ask a question
Productive place
Attractions operation (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 13, 2016
You can learn a lot from client services area, and it is a lot of fun working there. But also it is a very consuming job where you get very tired.
Pros
Access to the entire Resort (Parks and Resorts)
Character Performer
Character Performer (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 13, 2016
Training was intensive and helpful. Guests were either extremely friendly or rude. While you have a character attendant, they are not always watching you since they have to keep an orderly line and answer guest questions. I left employment early due to a guest picking me up while in costume and dislocating my shoulder due to squeezing me like a teddy bear.
Pros
Free admission to parks
Cons
Large potential for injury/ little to no safety guaranteed
A world class restaurant and honored to work there
Professional Server - Victoria & Alberts (Former Employee) –  Lake Buena Vista, FLSeptember 12, 2016
Working with a team of professionals everyday to create magical experiences for our guest and working together as a team to educate and stay one step ahead of them and other restaurants in the country.
Productive job
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 10, 2016
They non take care at all of injured people. They explode the employees. They not pay good salary.

They have excellent system, good benefits.
Fun place but no room for advance
Sales (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 9, 2016
Its an amazing place and environment but not for a person who has high dreams and ambitions. Well mannered management team. All the employees has a union to protect them against any kind of abuse
Life changing and culture building experience
Merchandising (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 9, 2016
Working at Walt Disney World, I was around many different cultures of life. It was a great way to learn about other cultures, build communication skills, and work for an amazing company at Disney.
Pros
Free Disney passes
Cons
Long hours in the heat
3rd shift, no interaction
3rd shift custodial worker (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 7, 2016
I work 3rd shift. Good for not being contact with guests, but bad with social life. Have to work in all weather, not to bad, does get tiring pulling a hose for 8 hours a night.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
3rd shift, indivual department are different in terms of leadership
Fun place to work
ATTRACTION OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 6, 2016
Disney is fun by they have to do something about removing the atmosphere of everybody is entitled to everything. Its very counter productive.
Fun workplace, just too far to commute
Secretary (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CASeptember 5, 2016
Overall good atmosphere. Not a bad place to work-but advancement is not always easy to do. Good for people who live close by and have kids.
n/a
Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge Guest Service Host (Current Employee) –  Lake Buena Vista, FLSeptember 4, 2016
Working for the walt disney world company is amazing!!

• Greet Guests proactively, exhibiting the high level expected of Disney show quality

4.3

3. Walt Disney Parks and Resorts
4. The Walt Disney Company
5. Four Seasons
6. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts
7. Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd.
View the list