Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Employee Reviews

The Disney College Program
Outdoor Food and Beverage Castmember (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 11, 2017
Not an ideal place to be. They persuade you with benefits and "guarantees" of an extravagant experience only to never part-take in such highlights due to working long stressful hours for awful pay.

Good luck to whatever job you get, because ultimately you don't get to pick where you work or stay. . . even though part of the application process is choosing your role.

If you don't have a car, they provide bus transportation but it is awful. The buses always break down and never gets cast members anywhere on time. Oh yeah, and they only take you to Disney related places and properties.

But hey, you get to got to the parks for free. . . which gets old after so long.
Little concern for employees
Intern (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 11, 2017
A typical day in housekeeping could have anywhere from 0-15 checkouts, and you had no help from others. The workplace culture is very competitive, as many are trying to move up in the company or trying to keep their seniority status and shift schedules. Some management individuals are laid-back, but some are more strict and picky about your work.
Pros
discounts
Fun, fast paced job
Anaheim - Foods Cashier, Order Cook, Trainer (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CADecember 11, 2017
Fun, fast paced job that allowed for considerable customer service experience. Most enjoyable part of the job is making magic for guests, especially kids. Difficult scheduling when trying to work and go to school, this is ultimately why I left this job.
best place ever
Guest Relations Manager (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CADecember 11, 2017
there is no better company to work for. benefits and discoutns aside, it's where I learned to think on my feet, be courteous to all, honed my listening skills, attended management training and became a fan of all things Disney!
Pros
dicounts!
Cons
some late nights and working weekends
Always a magical day
Attractions Operator (Former Employee) –  Orlando Fl USADecember 11, 2017
What COULDN'T you do at Walt Disney World? They're always hiring for any field you want! I was trying to get my production up and running while still going to school, so I wanted a simple job with decent hours. They hooked me up in the Fast Food department in the Magic Kingdom. When I got bored of that area though, they said, "No problem! You have enough points to try something new!" and they sent me to the backlands attraction area at Hollywood Studios. There I could cross train in any of the rides in that location. The only downside was the payment. Minimum wage is good when you're young, but it was hard for full timers to get a decent wage from this corporation.
Pros
Free park passes, park discounts, first access to new attractions, good hours, multiple opportunities
Cons
Minimum Wage pay for everyone
I loved my job with Disney!
Operations Teller (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CADecember 10, 2017
I was sad to leave my job with Disney. I left because my family relocated out of state. But if I could, I would have stayed with Disney until I retired. They are a great company with lots of room for advancement in any type of job you can imagine. The management was supportive and caring.
Pros
Great benefits, room for advancement
Great place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CADecember 10, 2017
Always get good benefits from the mouse. met some of the coolest people in my life there. Management surprisingly strict and constantly breathing over your shoulder, maybe the biggest setback .
It was just a job
Assistant horse trainer (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CADecember 9, 2017
They don't pay their employee's very much for the work that they do. It's a fun environment and it's a good opportunity to meet new people on a regular basis.
Hard work isn’t rewarded
Cast Member (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 9, 2017
I felt like I never got as many hours as I would like and that certain coordinators didn’t care what position you wanted or if had someone to switch with you, it was whatever they gave you which seems a lot like favouritism.
Cons
Short breaks
College Internship
Cast Member (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 8, 2017
I loved my location and my managers. My hours were pretty normal for a part time job, but some weeks I would work 6 days. The pay is pretty low. It's a lot of fun getting to know and make magical moments for guests.
College Program
Quick Service Food and Beverage Cast Member (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 8, 2017
This was an incredible experience for someone who had a dream to work for Walt Disney World. You have the opportunity to meet a VERY diverse group of individuals that stem from all over the world. it was truly an experience that I will never forget and intend to return in the future.
Internship
Internship (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 7, 2017
This was the Disney college program internship which i would recommend to anyone. Had lots of fun and got to meet people from all over the world while getting college credit and paid.
cool place to work but takes forever to move up
Busser (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CADecember 6, 2017
basically if you're not full time the company will dump you wherever you land with little to no hours.The perks however are great and they allow you to bring family and friends into the park
Productive and positive workplace
Merchant-Trainer Work (Current Employee) –  Wilderness LodgeDecember 6, 2017
On any given day working at Disney is fun and fill with productive service to our guests. We are positive from the moment we get to work there is a positive energy about my work place that is contagious.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Pay could be higher.
crowded
Attractions Attendant (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CADecember 6, 2017
working for the mouse was stressful, but worth it. dealing with so many people in a day meant that you were bound to have some disappointed or difficult guests. How you dealed with those situations really defined how well you did at the job.
Very enjoyable experience
Category Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lake Buena Vista, FLDecember 6, 2017
I had a career that lasted 35 years all in the Merchandise Department. Part of teams that designed and implemented two inventory systems in 1989 and an upgraded in 2009. Enjoyed meeting people from all over the world.
Very Enjoyable
PARK GREETER (Former Employee) –  Lake Beuna Vista, FloridaDecember 5, 2017
I enjoyed working for Disney world. I made a lot of friends which I considered family mostly. I also made a very good friend. I especially enjoyed it when on occasion you had a guest that was so happy with your service that they wanted to take a picture with their whole family and you.
Pros
You could visit the parks on your time off.
Cons
pay was extremly low.
Great
Marketing Strategy Intern, Latin America (Former Employee) –  Celebration, FLDecember 5, 2017
I loved working here, really learned a lot from everyone. Unfortunately, there is very little opportunity to secure a full time job or advancement after the internship.
Professional Intern
Project Management Intern (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 5, 2017
I have thoroughly enjoyed my professional internship with Disney. I worked with the Facility Asset Management team (project management) at Magic Kingdom. I learned a great deal about the Disney standard and project management. My exposure to engineering problems and concepts has helped me further develop the direction I wish to pursue in my career. Disney emphasizes relationship building within teams as well as networking throughout the company. I cannot wait to return to another department to increase my knowledge of mechanical engineering and the company.
management was terrible
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CADecember 5, 2017
management is terrible and so backwards. you think Disney has the act together but they have no clue what they are doing and no communication and the security procedures are a joke they let guest bring in knifes but will fire you if you bring one on property if its in your vehicle. stupid Disney law its not what Walt would have wanted.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Walt Disney Parks and Resorts. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3