Walt Disney Parks and Resorts
1,093 reviews

Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Employer Reviews

Great place to be
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee), Anaheim, CASeptember 19, 2014
Processing correct guest orders, answering guest questions, making popcorn according to specific recipes, interacting with guests and fellow cast members.
Pirates League
Pirates League (Current Employee), Lake Buena Vista, FLSeptember 18, 2014
We start our day with a morning meeting with our managers. As we open we take a station and wait for my first guest. We transform people into Pirates by giving them a brand new name, a new look, and a whole new outlook on life. This job has taught me to roll with the punches and to be patient with people. We are able to take a child who came in so scared – more... and have them leave with the biggest smile on their faces. Sometimes we may have very challenging people sit in our chairs, but at the end of the day it is so awe inspiring that we are able to make magic happen for these people who walk through our doors. – less
Fast Pace Environment
Dispatcher / Call Center (Former Employee), Anaheim, CASeptember 16, 2014
Pros: ver yprofessional
Cons: short breaks
Multiple phone calls from drivers, customers and agents. Over load of paperwork and calls.
Best Job Ever!
Merchandise Hostess (Former Employee), Buena Vista, FLSeptember 15, 2014
Pros: free admission to park!
Cons: customers who forget its the happiest place, treating you poorly.
Did the Walt Disney World internship and couldn't have asked for a better experience for learning how to work, play, and combine the two. Disney is a leader in their field for a reason!
A truly Magical Place to work
Photographer/Sales (Former Employee), Orlando, FLSeptember 14, 2014
Its an amazing company they take great care of there employees if i ever moving back to Orlando I will go back
n/a
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Orlando, FloridaSeptember 14, 2014
I've learned a lot. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing the big smiles on the children's faces.
Hours and Scheduling
Cashier (Current Employee), Anaheim, CASeptember 13, 2014
Pros: disney passes and discounts
Cons: parking, low hours, bad management.
If you are part time, welcome to hail. This job is more for people that don't go out weekends and do not have any bills to pay. I worked in California Adventure Outdoor Ventures. For the first couple of months, your are going to have 4-5 hour shifts 5 days a week in the busy season. When the slow season comes, you will probably get 4 hour shifts 2-3 – more... days a week. You are only guaranteed 4 hours a week. Every 6 month Disney hire college program kids, which is bad because they yield 3 years seniority. THEY ARE RELENTLESS! When it comes to shifts, they get 35-40 hours a week, weekends off, and days shifts.

Working here is easy though sometimes tedious. – less
Out Door Vendor
Out Door Food Vendor (Former Employee), Out Door Food VendorSeptember 12, 2014
Pros: wonderful co-workers
Cons: it was too far from home.
I learned customer service and being able to handle a range of different customers and their needs.

The hardest part of the job was that it was outside and the heat is not kind to me. The easiest part of the job was the job itself and the requirements it had for the cast members.
nice people, best at what they do
Cultural Representative Program (Former Employee), OrlandoSeptember 12, 2014
dedicated and supportive team who pride themselves of being at the forefront of their industry
Worst place to work
Customer Service (Former Employee), Orlando, FLSeptember 11, 2014
Pros: nothing
Cons: nothing
My worst experience of work, many racism, with old and white people.

They dont motivate workers. My worst expirience in my life. O dont recommend anybody to Disney.
Higher than average paying starter job for anyone
Foods/Cashier (Current Employee), Anaheim, CASeptember 11, 2014
Pros: discounts, getting in for free, free sodas since i work in foods.
Cons: starting at the bottom when you hire in, not always getting your days off even when you request them months in advance, not getting the hours for the time of day you need, the not working with your school schedule if you're full time.
It's a very good starting job, however the managers could handle issues better, and aren't always on your side like managers should be. And it's almost always very hard to get a hold of them through the phone. At this job I've learned that people are very hard to please unless you have the skills to keep a smile on your face and not have an attitude. – more... I've also learned that the customers are always right. (even when they most definitely are not) My co workers are amazing! They automatically became a second family to me. The hardest part of the job is getting the shifts you want, hours you want, time of day you want to work, time off, etc. The most enjoyable part of my job is clearly the perks of getting into Disneyland free whenever I want, getting friends and family whenever I want for free, and the 20% discounts and the 40% discounts during Halloween and Christmas. – less
The happiest place to work.
Store Cast Member (Former Employee), Anaheim, CASeptember 10, 2014
Great customer service model that can be used in every career.
horrible
Hostess (Former Employee), Anaheim, CASeptember 10, 2014
to much favoritism and all about seniority, management doesn't care if you're the best or the worst worker they care how long you've been there
Wonderful place to work
Host (Former Employee), Anaheim, CASeptember 10, 2014
Disney helps millions of people turn moments into memories that last a lifetime!
Wonderful Place to work.
Pirates of the Caribbean gift shop associate (Former Employee), Orlando, FloridaSeptember 9, 2014
Pros: free tickets for family, free entry, great co-workers, great cultures, great experience
Cons: just busy constantly.
I participated in the Walt Disney World’s magic by providing excellent guest service at the Pirates of the Caribbean of Magic Kingdom. I effectively interacted with a wide range of diverse, culturally varied individuals; established and maintained positive interaction with the general public.
Assisting resort guest check ins/outs
Front Desk Cast Member (Former Employee), Orlando, FLSeptember 9, 2014
Assisting resort guest with check ins/outs during their vacation at The Walt Disney World Company.
Cash handling, process online check-ins, and interacting with children activities at the resort.
Fun and exciting job
merchandise and sales/ housekeeping (Former Employee), Lake Buena Vista, FLSeptember 8, 2014
Pros: free passes
Cons: strict attendance policy
Great company that makes dreams come true. I learned to go above and beyond and how we should treat individuals. I both cashiered and performed housekeeping duties.
Productive extremely well organized compnay.
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee), Lake Buena Vista, FLSeptember 7, 2014
Pros: extremely good working environment
Cons: short breaks
Well organized and well staffed. Consistent hours and good perks.
Fun Place and environment to work in
Cultural Representative (Former Employee), OrlandoSeptember 7, 2014
Pros: constant guest contact
Cons: time flies
it teaches one how to communicate with all types of people without offending the other. its a easy job but it requires full and attentive attention as it a direct contact with clients kind of job.
Entertaining and magical
Hostess (Former Employee), Yachtsman Steakhouse, Yacht and Beach ClubSeptember 4, 2014
Pros: guest interaction, experience in the kitchen, experience in a fine dining restaurant
Cons: long hours on your feet, heavy guest volume and wait, late nights
I enjoyed working at Disney because of the magic I was able to create for families on vacation.
I would start my work day in the evening, arriving just in time for the opening meeting. We would discus the menu, tastes some samples, and get the dining rooms set up.
While working there, I was taught the ropes of a fine dining restaurant and kitchen. I – more... would volunteer as kitchen help every now and then, and assist with running food to waiting customers.
my co-workers were very easy to get along with and teamwork was a must for us all. Always communicated on what needed to be done first, what the wait time was for families without reservations, and how much help we each needed with our task.
The hardest part of the job would have been in the beginning while trying to learn the table and chair numbers. It was a rather large restaurant, so there was a lot to learn. But that all came easily with time.
The most enjoyable part of the job was making a magical moment for one special kid who was dining with us. We had a junior sized chef's jacket and tog. One young child would be chosen from a table to be the expeditor for a few minutes, yelling food orders and making sure they looked good to eat! Every kid loved it and I thoroughly enjoyed making this moment happen. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About Walt Disney Parks and Resorts

Walt Disney Parks and Resorts is the segment of The Walt Disney Company that conceives, builds, and manages the company's theme – Read more

Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Photos