Walt Disney Parks and Resorts

Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Employer Reviews

Very fun workplace with lots of great benefits
Quick Service Food and Beverage Cashier (Former Employee), Anaheim, CAApril 18, 2014
Pros: employee benefits/discounts
I learned how to become much better at guest service while assisting them with questions regarding their food, food allergies, or the menu. The best part of my job was seeing how happy the guests could be from something as simple as a smile and a fast food meal.
An amazing experience
Coordinator (Current Employee), Orlando, FLApril 17, 2014
Working with one of the world's top companies has been a true blessing. Great management, great employees and of course amazing perks. A true once in a lifetime experience.
Great place for an internship but difficult to make a living
Merchandise Cast Member (Former Employee), Orlando, FLApril 17, 2014
Pros: great co workers, good hours.
Cons: long commute, gross cafeteria.
I loved working at DisneyWorld Epcot-World Showcase. The guests and children made me love my job. But it's difficult to make a living as over 2/3rds of Disney employee's are paid under $10 an hour. There is a Disney union but from what I heard from other Cast Member's in the union, they didn't do much for them. My managers were absolutely great! I needed – more... to leave my internship early because of a family emergency and they were wonderful when I came to them about it. – less
College Internship
Walt Diney World College Internship Program (Former Employee), Orlando, FLApril 16, 2014
Although this was a college intership i loved my time at Disney.
It is a dream of mine to work in there Human Resource Division.
Productive and very fun place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Lake Buena Vista, FLApril 14, 2014
There are so many visitors at Walt Disney World every day. We stayed busy helping visitors find their way around the park. I learned how to work in all types of weather. Management was always fair and they made sure that the team was always prepared by doing briefings before every shift. My co-workers were always nice and helpful. The hardest part of – more... the job was leaving since I lived 2 hours away. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to work on time. – less
Fast paced and hard work with fun along the way.
Inventory Control Specialist (Current Employee), Anaheim, CAApril 12, 2014
Pros: great benefits and lots of people
Cons: tough days on holidays
It is a great place for teamwork and self sufficiency. I have learned not to wait for someone to tell me what to do. I find the answers when needed but I also have learned to ask for help from the team if the need arises. The management is around for support and direction when needed as well. It is difficult to work with some people that do not enjoy – more... the job but that is few a far between since it is Disneyland Resort. – less
Great
Merchandise Hostess (Former Employee), Anaheim, CAApril 12, 2014
It was working at Disneyland. As with any job, there are things you won't like; but, it's DISNEYLAND. Suck it up, buttercup. It's the happiest place on earth.
Excellent company in the business of creating happiness!
Guest Research Specialist (Current Employee), Anaheim, CAApril 9, 2014
The legacy of Walt Disney is carried on by each of the Cast Members and their roles. The company's vision is to create happiness and they do an excellent job making sure each guest has a memorable experience.

Guest Research is a part of that experience. We gather information/data from our guests to give to the company to evaluate. From what we gather, – more... the resort has been known to make changes. We are required to gather data by following methodology and doing so with integrity.

Our management provides excellent training and continued support. The company ensures that each Cast Member goes through training for the resort as well as your specific on-the-job training. Our specific management for Guest Research continues our training daily and ensure we are up to date with information resort wide.

Our department works independently yet collaboratively with each other to accomplish our required goals. We encourage one another in moments of difficulty and celebrate our accomplishments.

One of the hardest parts of our role is the level of rejection we encounter when approaching our guests. Most guests are polite and will decline with "no thank you." However, we do have guests that have many things going on in their lives and do not want to speak with us. Rather than saying "no thank you," they take their frustrations out on us.

The most enjoyable part of our role is on the other spectrum of guest interaction. We get to hear about the amazing experiences our guests have. They include us in the magic they have had and we get to celebrate with them.

Overall, Disney is an amazing company that invests deeply in their Cast Members and strives to continue the legacy of an amazing leader, Walt Disney. – less
Good place to work if you are student or want a part time job
Cast Costuming (Current Employee), Anaheim, CAApril 8, 2014
I have been with the company for 4 years.
A typical day at work is very repetitive, do the same things everyday.
Fun place to work and great benefits
QSR-Cashier (Current Employee), Anaheim, CAApril 8, 2014
Pros: getting in free and sometimes your friend and families.
Cons: work weekends
enjoy working there, but it is not for the pay, it for the enjoyment of meeting new people from across the world and the pert don't hurt either. If you want to have a life this might not be the place for you to work at. You have to be willing to give up for weekends, since that is the busiest time.
Great Place
PHOTOGRAPHER (Former Employee), Orlando, FLApril 7, 2014
Wonderful place to work. Days are sometimes long and hot. However, enjoyable to see the kids see characters and be in a magical place.
_
Part-time Quick Service Food & Beverage Attendant (Current Employee), Orlando, FLApril 4, 2014
a typical day at work
what you learned
management
your co-workers
the hardest part of the job
the most enjoyable part of the job
General Foreman - Utilities Support Services Dept (Current Employee), Anaheim, CAApril 2, 2014
A dynamic and challenging workplace, a world leader in maintenance
and new technologies.
Wonderful Envirornment, Wonderful Co-Workers, Occasionally Stressful
Merchantainer (Former Employee), Orlando, FLApril 1, 2014
Pros: great work enviorment, good benefits
Cons: high traffic stress, lower pay
I worked in merchandise within the Disney College Program. I usually worked evenings, and hours varied between 40 a week to 60, depending on the time of year.
I had such a wonderful experience working at Disney. The cast members were wonderful, the benefits were great, pay was on the low end, but I was an intern.
I learned how to function in a high – more... traffic environment and how to multi-task with guests and stocking.
The most enjoyable part of the job was how Disney treats their employees. Even though I was a cashier/stocker, the managers always kept us informed, they had our backs and tried to accommodate all of our needs and keep us safe. – less
Wonderful Place to Work and Grow
Scheduler - Guest Service Operations (Current Employee), Lake Buena Vista, FLMarch 31, 2014
I have really enjoyed my time at Walt Disney World. I have had the opportunity to work in many different roles which not only taught me a lot but allowed me to grow professionally and personally. I look forward to taking all of this knowledge with me throughout my life.
Friendly place to work
Food Server (Current Employee), Orlando, FLMarch 31, 2014
Pros: access to disney parks and discounts.
Cons: there are none
I enjoy working at Walt Disney World. I like the interaction with the Guests. I work with a great group of people. The most enjoyable part of the job is talking to the Guests.
Possibly skewed view
Senior Systems Engineer (Former Employee), Celebration, FLMarch 31, 2014
Pros: none. seriously.. i can't think of anything positive about the experience.
Cons: slow onboarding.. constant pressure to get things done with no resources to actually do anything..
I've heard lots of rumors about "Disney Culture" and unfortunately most seem to be true. Most of the long timers are Disney fanatics. I was a contractor for a department that was clearly on it's way out, even the manager was interviewing out of there. Territorial co-workers wouldn't help get me started but I was constantly told to "dive in". However – more... I couldn't get logins to do anything and the others acknowledged that it would take a few months. But I was still badgered to "dive in". I've run in to others that used to work there and it seems to be the same.. if you're not a huge Disney fan you don't go very far. – less
it is a good company
Park Greeter (Former Employee), Orlando, FLMarch 30, 2014
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: pay no good
It was a great company to work for and lots of people I met around the world. and I love what i did at my job.
A very useful experience, lots to learn
Chemist Intern (Current Employee), OrlandoMarch 29, 2014
Pros: good work atmosphere, a lot to learn, helpful supervisors
Cons: no career growth, lesser pay
1) Collect samples from different locations and Conduct tests.
2) Good Lab practices, Instrumentation, Being accurate and detail oriented
3) Very good mangement
4) Very friendly work atmosphere
it was a fun place to work.
part time custodial/guest services (Former Employee), orlando,FLMarch 29, 2014
Pros: i got to help people and keep them happy. good coworkers. i got in the parks for free.
Cons: poor management
i kept area clean for guests. had two to three breaks a day depending on how long the work day was. management was horrible. co-workers were great. The most enjoyable part of the day was helping guest and making them happy.

1 2 3 4 5

About Walt Disney Parks and Resorts

Walt Disney Parks and Resorts is the segment of The Walt Disney Company that conceives, builds, and manages the company's theme – Read more

Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Photos