Walt Disney Parks and Resorts

Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Employee Reviews in United States

Found 2,776 reviews matching the search
Fun Workplace
Reservation Agent/ Trainer (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CAJuly 3, 2016
Its a fun place to work for. Co workers help each other out but of course like any other job there are ups and downs with some co workers. It's fun to hear some of the guests stories and how exited they get to come to the happiest place. The hardest part of this job is dealing with very extremely rude guests. Management are very accommodating when it comes to life situations and always have their door open to their cast members.
Pros
passes to disneyland
Cons
pay
Great Cast Memebrs and Company
Quick Service Food and Beverage (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 15, 2016
My Fellow Cast Members made the job worth while, however any incident that occurred, the Managements resolution is to get rid of the entire problem rather than working with the Cast Members to fix it. Disney is a fantastic company to work for however their quick to eliminate Cast Member issues over trying to keep their turn over rate low.
Pros
Excellent Workers, Good Benefits for Full-Time
Cons
Quick to Eliminate Cast Member Issues rather than Solving them.
Fun workplace
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CAJuly 28, 2016
Working at the Disneyland Resort was a fun, but challenging job. As a cast member you are expected to meet a numerous amount of guidelines. You must follow a strict chart of what your appearance must look like. The resort is based on a points system. Once you reach your maximum amount of points, they can separate you from the company, but you are given at least 3 warnings. You must be good with time management. Car parking is about 20 minutes, give or take, from your actual work location. Since the Disney area is very busy, it can vary with traffic and events.
A World of Dreams
Tomorrowland Operations (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 8, 2016
A typical day at Disney involved getting yelled at by guests and having them ask you a million questions. For the most part. In the end though, working at Disney is a dream come true in that you're always surrounded by he wonder that is Disney and the things it has to offer. The health insurance is fantastic and the benefits overall are definitely worth it. There's nothing better than making someone's day and hearing them thank you for it and smile.
Pros
Free Entry into the park, discounts on products
Cons
working close? Expect to get force extended
About the Money
Custodial Busser/Lead/Trainer (Former Employee) –  Plaza InnJuly 9, 2016
They didnt care about if you were in school had a Second Jobs or had Kids, either show up or get fired. only advanced people who would Fully Lick and Ream managements Bung Hole, Plus if you moved to management instead of placing you in your department they throw you into another random Department, i was in Foods and we had managers from Entertainment, Rides, Costumes, and Hotels, they had no clue how to operate a restaurant, on top of the inexperience they would make us break food safety protocols or guess what? youre fired
Pros
Free tix into parks
Cons
minimum wage, 4-8 hours a week to start, no benefits, management
Food and beverage management
Food and Beverage Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 22, 2016
The first thing you do in the morning is getting every employee ready for the beginning of the shift by making sure the cashier has the petty cash that is required to start operation, make sure all the tools and machines are accessible and ready for use, make sure that all the supplies are stock and in place. Once the operation begins the establishments needs all the personal staff necessary to run the kiosk.
Pros
Experience the magic and fun perks of the parks itself.
Cons
Work in holidays and late nights.
Fun workplace very productive with interesting people
Operations & Retail Host (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 30, 2016
There's no such thing as a typical work day at Disney every day was different. I learned patience and different cultures from meeting so many people from all over the world. The management team was absolutely wonderful and so helpful. My co-workers were amazing I worked with so many people from different places across the country and all over the world. The hardest part of the job was the physical demand. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing people enjoy their vacations and knowing you made their experience memorable.
Pros
Discounts on merchandise free admission into the parks
Cons
Black out dates around holidays
A Magical Place to Work
Merchandiser/Sales (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 6, 2016
A typical day at Disney is making magical memories for each guest. You can learn many trades in Recreation, Merchandise, Custodial, Guest Relations, Slide Operations, and many other fields within the Walt Disney World Company. One can gain many friendships working together in a team oriented environment. I really cannot say if there is a hard part of the job. There are many people that will help you if by any chance you run into a difficult situation. The most enjoyable part of the job is creating a postive and magical experiance for our guest, and working with the many Diverse Cast Members.
Pros
Comp Tickets, Holiday Discounts, Benefits
A wonderful place outstanding customer service, fun and magical place
Savanna Guide (Attractions) (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 11, 2016
I learnt a lot about different cultures and backgrounds. languages and food.I really learnt a lot about excellent customer service as a cast member of Disney. interacted with people from all over and shared good educational activities. wonderful co workers together with the management. Fun and amazing place to work at. people are friendly and share the good times.
Pros
sometimes free lunches and free disney rides everytime
Cons
i cannot complain about the hours spent at work.
Great for the child at heart but not for someone looking to make a difference in the world
Entertainment Host (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CAJuly 14, 2016
The relationships you build with fellow cast members and guests are worth while. But at a corporation like this, you're looked at as a number, not a human being. Every higher-up is out for their own agenda and will do most anything it takes to make themselves look good. If you're looking for a fun job and a little extra cash, I would recommend, but this is not the place to try and make a living.
Pros
comradery, different from your average office jobs
Cons
no benefits for part-time, uninvolved management, no teamwork or teambuilding
Wonderful environment, pleasant coworkers, hard work
Custodial Park Operations (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 14, 2016
I walked the Disney Park, cleaning messes and picking up garbage as I saw it. Working around a large crowd every day allowed me to learn a great deal of patience. I learned to create my own work and keep busy when all the garbage was picked up. Managers often walked the park and gave positive remarks on the cleanliness of my areas, prompting me to continue hard work. Frequently I enjoyed being a part of the park festivities, and helping guests find their way around so they could enjoy more of their day.
Pros
Constantly moving, always something to do
Cons
Confined to a small section of the whole park
Fun, high paced place to work at.
International Internship (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FloridaJuly 24, 2016
My review on working with this company is nothing but pros. A typical day at work would be different everyday depending on my location. Some days I would arrive and straight away start setting up for the main stage show within the park. Other days I would be inside my base attraction and closing it down for the night. The management team in my area were really awesome in dealing with things I needed help with. What i learned within working in The Walt Disney World Resort is that everyone has a different opinion and you are going have to respect that and try and find alternatives for the guests that experience the attractions or shows within the resort.
A day in the life of a Disney College Program participant
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FloridaJuly 29, 2016
Working for the Walt Disney World Resort as a Tomorrowland merchandise cast member in the wonderful Magic Kingdom was everything I had hoped for and more. Meeting guests and fellow cast members from all around the world was a true blessing and a wonderful learning expierence. I took courses through the company I got college credit for and that was definetly a learning expierence in itself. I learned about managing my time better and how to be more patient in difficult situations.
Pros
Cast member benefits
Cons
N/A
Lifeguard and Resort Recreation
Lifeguard and Resort Recreation (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 19, 2016
Most recently, I have worked in Recreation and Hospitality at Walt Disney World for approximately 8 months. I am responsible for ensuring guest safety and pool assistance. My role includes Life Guard duties, crowd control and children activities. As a Disney Cast Member we stride for positive guest experience which embodies, courtesy, show, and efficiency.
Pros
Exciting, Free Park admission
Cons
Short breaks, Very hot, poor management
Fun and Fast Paced
Food Attendant (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 16, 2016
With Walt Disney World they train you in any position possible, so that you can gain knowledge of how Walt Disney World creates memories for each and every guest. Anyone that is looking for a great work experience, I would recommend working with them. Their thorough with training; customer service, appearance, job skills in any position. They never want their cast members to be complacent or bored with what they are doing within their company, so they move you around.
Awesome experience to have
Stands East Food and Beverage Assiciate (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 11, 2016
I really enjoyed working here. It was very challenging, but it was well worth it. The cultural experience was probably my favorite part. We would see people from all over the world, and we would be the ones who made their experiences at Disney so magical. Disney is very organized in how jobs are assigned, and the management was always on top of it.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
Long, very difficult shifts
A stressful environment but entertaining
Lead-Trainer, Entertainment Costumer (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAJuly 11, 2016
This is a place of hard work with not much gratification. Management is very clueless at to what is going on out in the work areas. It is not accomidating to life situations and not empathetice to work injuries and issues. It is physical work but the characters are entertaining.
Pros
free park entry and discounts
Cons
Not accomidating to life issues and educaton schedules
Fun and exciting worldwide vacation destination
Labor Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Lake Buena Vista, FLMay 24, 2016
Exceptional training in every job can get. Multi-tasking the norm, but makes day go by faster. Excellent co-workers, and most managers can rely on. A lot of diversity and potential thousands of jobs to choose from. Unfortunately, can't make everyone (guest or cast member) happy. Where else can you say you see Mickey Mouse or a princess everyday ? You learn to appreciate the benefits the company tries to provide once you no longer have them.
Pros
Health care, park visits, discounts, fun environment, employees guest focus
Cons
Many unions governing cast members. long commute
Creating Magic While Learning...
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 21, 2016
I have so many wonderful memories about working at Walt Disney World that if I told you all of them, it would be a book. The first day I wore my costume and arrived at the Magic Kingdom it was just an adventure. First off,I got to meed Jasmine and Aladdin working beside them and seeing children's faces light up was just heart warming. Somedays I got to be a pirate at The Pirates of the Caribbean, daring swords figths with children and adults, helping join Captain Jack Sparrow's crew was the best thing in the world. Then somedays I just go to glow, selling glowing merchandise just before the parades, blowing bubbles for kids to play with. I got to learn about team work, I had the best managers and leaders. I would not change it for the world.
Pros
Creating Magic Moments.
Quick Service
Food and Beverage Server (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 21, 2016
Orlando, FL
Quick Services/seasonal

• Accurately operates cash register in accordance with cash handling policies and procedures.
• Maintains merchandise counters and displays in a clean and orderly manner.
• Assists in keeping sales floor and cart locations stocked at all times.
• Consistently demonstrates courteous and professional behavior in all work aspects with all team members and guests.
• Works as part of a team to increase productivity and while providing excellent guest service.
• Serve food while maintaining good customer service.
• Hosting the customers while they wait on food/beverage.

4.3