Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Employee Reviews

productive
Internship (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 17, 2017
It was crazy being an intern because get a ton of hours, which is nice to make money, but made it impossible to get a day off because we aren't allowed to give shifts away, we must trade. And we worked mostly 6 days a week. But making guests happy is all worth it!
Pros
Good experience
Cons
unpredictable schedules
just say no
Character Attendant (Former Employee) –  Lake Buena Vista, FLOctober 17, 2017
I plead the 5th.
Beware once you see how the sauage is made you cant unsee it. Would not reccommend especially their college program. College kids over worked and wages taken for rent paid to the disney company.
Pros
paycheck
Cons
everything
Happy and fun workplace
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 17, 2017
Everyday I cleaned every room they give me and helped what's guest needs. The most I enjoyed the job was to see every smile of the children arriving at Disney and to know that I was part of their happiness.
This was just an internship but I have never worked so hard!!!
Internship (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 17, 2017
Days were long. pay was 6.30 at the time. The longest that I worked was 13 HOURS in the heat! I almost passed out because I spent 3 hours in strollers with no water or break. It was at least 100 degrees that day with no shade. Management was awful to College Program Students. We would be scheduled to do something with the program that was mandatory and the Attraction Managers would mark you late or call you into the office saying that we had lied about where we were because they saw me with a donut...well I had the donut because they gave us breakfast at our mandatory meeting.
Pros
Free Park Entry
Cons
Management was awful
Pretty fun. Never a dull moment.
Orlando - Operations Cast Member (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 17, 2017
It was a treasure working with the mouse. It was surely the best job i have ever had. Working there was a dream come true, much like they say. I would give anything to go back and enjoy the hustle and bustle of the theme park life. Management was mainly good regardless of how stressful things got. There was times when even the management jumped in to assist and give us a hand with anything we needed, from guest situation to cleaning and everywhere in between.
Pros
Lots of hours pretty much whenever you want them. Good perks.
Cons
Pay could a little higher not much more but more would be nice.
Everyone should work for Disney at least once in their lifetime
Hospitality Intern (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 17, 2017
Loved my position at the resort, and the overall experience of the college program internship. I learned and was able to experience so much in a short amount of time
Great place
Lead Steward (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CAOctober 17, 2017
Working for Disneyland is fun. Working as someone who the guests see is even better. I manage the back of the kitchen so I am always cleaning and making sure everything is organized , working and running smoothly. Very tiring but fun job.
Leader in Banquet/ Convention Services
Lead Banquet Captain (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 16, 2017
I learned a lot about banquet services at The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin. The leaders openly shared information and the teams worked very well together. I enjoyed the 27 years I spent working there.
Pros
Growth
Cons
The most fun place I worked in my career.
Concierge (Former Employee) –  Lake Buena Vista, FLOctober 16, 2017
Every day was different and exciting. I was part of a small team that ran the VIP Center facility hosting 200+ meetings per year. My main objective was to engage with the visiting employees, customers and guests making sure their short visit with us was memorable and when possible creating a magical experience.

The most enjoyable part of the job was making the families feel that they were special and creating a memorable visit to the center. When families returned year after year, it was like seeing old friends.

Management was excellent. Open door policy and everyone worked together despite varying age differences.

The hardest part of the job was the long commute.
Pros
Great work environment and team
Cons
Long commute
Loved the experience
Attractions Attendant (Former Employee) –  Magic Kingdom, Walt Disney World, FLOctober 16, 2017
the energy and the guest made everyday worth it.
I worked at Big thunder Mountain, greeting guests, operating the ride and making guests magical experiences.

Want to know more about Walt Disney Parks and Resorts?

Ask a question
Loved it.
Cast Member (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAOctober 16, 2017
It is fun. People are very out going. You actually enjoy it to be quite honest. Plus, if you have children or friends with annual passes, the discounts are pretty amazing.
Really fun!
Customer Service/ Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 16, 2017
It was a really fun and nice environment were you get to know people from different countries from all around the world and you help them to have a magical time during their stay at the resorts.
Fun but not for everyone
Lead (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CAOctober 15, 2017
Disney can be a great place to work, but it's not for everyone. Advancement can be tough, especially if you start off in Park Operations. Benefits are decent and the vacation and sick pay is great if you are Full Time. The low pay is the most common reason for employees leaving the company.
Pros
Free admission, great vacation/sick pay for FT
Cons
no steady schedule, low pay
Productive and Fast Paced environment
College Program Internship (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 15, 2017
I love my job, every day is a new experience. In my time there i have learned to deal with guest in a better and more efficient manner, that the guest is always right, and also that team work makes the dream work. The hardest part of the job is balancing out everything you have to do but is also the most enjoyable, you are doing so many things at one trying to make everything happen for a guest and at the end of the day they appreciate all you do for them and that makes it all worth it.
College Program
internship (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 14, 2017
Its a great place, if you get a good area. Where I was located was super slow, and didn't get enough hours to be able to pay my bills [which is why I left.]

For the internship they either work you to death or not at all. Sadly i would have taken the work to death, but with the internship you are not allowed to change areas or roles unless it's a health reason they see fit.
Pros
free access to disney
Cons
no healthcare, lack of hours
disney
Concierge (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 14, 2017
Disney is a good company if you worked in management. I did not like the long hours and the consistent movement without breaks. we only got paid minimum wage.
Great People, Fun Place
Attractions Hostess and Guest Services Operations (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAOctober 13, 2017
Depending on where you work, Disneyland can be very stressful and fast paced. Be prepared to work with many different personalities. Must have exceptional communication and problem solving skills.
Good work place you can do magic
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 13, 2017
Greetings guest making reservation for guest taking them to there table making magical moments for guest and making guest feel like home awy from home
It was an internship and I met great people from all over the world and it was fun
College Program Intern (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 13, 2017
I did this in college and received college credits for doing this. I worked at MGM and Animal Kingdom. I followed around upper management and received management experience. I also took classes that were business focused.
Pros
Met great people from all over the world and free park admission
Cons
had to share an apartment with 5 other people, sometimes the work got boring
Consultant Senior Business Analyst
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Lake Buena Vista, FLOctober 12, 2017
Working on several confidential projects with cast members in Hong Kong, Paris, California, Orlando and other Disney properties. I'm working as a Contract Consultant.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Walt Disney Parks and Resorts. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3