Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Employee Reviews

Found 4,091 reviews matching the search
You have the ability to make your job fun.
Attractions and Food and Beverage Hostess (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 19, 2017
The only complaint I have about Walt Disney world employment is communication between cast members and management. As an employee of the Walt Disney World Resort, it was difficult to not feel like a number.
Pros
discounts and free admission
Cons
physicallly demanding
Guest Relations
Greeter/Guest Relations (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 19, 2017
Guest relations
Customer service
Children's entertainment
Informing Guest's about company products and services
Cashier
Custodian
Public Speaking
Engaging guest in company culture
Insured safety, show, courtesy, and efficientencey
College Program
Walt Disney World College Program Cast Member (Former Employee) –  Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830September 19, 2017
I worked in the college program and was provided housing and transportation to and from work. All in all I say it was what I was looking for at the time.
Pros
Free park admission
Cons
Very strict
Fun atmosphere to work in
Core Supervisor of Guest Show Operations (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CASeptember 19, 2017
Working as a team is a big part of working for this company. The hardest part of the job was inconsistencies. A typical day at work includes talking to guests from all over the world and trying to make their vacation as enjoyable as possible.
Not as good as they use to be
Server (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 19, 2017
Different views from managers. We are talked to like garbage sometimes. They don't listen to the people who are on the front lines before they make changes
Fun place to work and meet different people from all over the world
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 18, 2017
it is fairly a good company, they just need to increase the pay. Disney makes more than enough money for the low pay that they give. It was a fun and enjoyable place to work.
Fun workplace with opportunity to grow
Concierge (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 18, 2017
I had to personalize each interaction with every guest to make their vacation special. I learned how to make the conversation friendly and make guests feel comfortable while also being efficient and helping them with their vacation needs.
Clearly defined employee rules and regulations with the flexibility to "make magic" for guests.
Store Operations Host Intern (Former Employee) –  Lake Buena Vista, FLSeptember 18, 2017
As a "merchantainer" with the Disney corporation, a typical day always included guest interaction under a variety of scenarios giving the position a high level of energy and excitement. Management did an excellent job in supporting staff in order to optimally meet guests needs. The workplace culture of Walt Disney World is renowned for their belief in O'hana, or family. As a cast member, you are part of the Disney family and are treated as such. Long seasonal hours are the most difficult part of the job, but when you work in the "happiest place on earth." it truly is not a hardship.
disney life
Stage Technician (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 17, 2017
depends on what you like to do, this is slow paced and there isn't much room for moving up. the management is hit or miss and you are most likely to make friends with the techs around you
Its Disney World, other than the money, whats not to like?!
ATTRACTIONS HOST (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 17, 2017
I loved going into work everyday, I worked with great people from all over the world, I worked and played in the happiest place on Earth. Unfortunately the pay was terrible for students on the college program, but Id recommend id to any and everyone to try.
Pros
Its Disney!
Cons
poor wages, no benefits for college/seasonal employees
I enjoyed all aspects of my 19 year career with the Walt Disney Company
Guest Relations Host (Former Employee) –  Epcot Guest RelationsSeptember 16, 2017
A rewarding career that allowed me to assist guests with their vacation experience, support my fellow cast members and leadership team showcasing legendary guest service, empowered to assist with cast members development, As a Walt Disney fan, and enjoying Disneyland with family friends and family - my focus and goal was always to make sure that every family/person took away wonderful memories of their vacation in Walt Disney World Resort.
Pros
Fun work environment, excellent leadership and great team atmosphere, growth opportunity, complimentary park admission and employee discounts
Cons
sometimes demanding long hours when short handed and seasonal demands (Christmas through New Years, Thanksgiving, Summertime business).
fast paced
MAIN GATE GREETER (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CASeptember 16, 2017
its a fast paced company where you work very closely with the public. customer service at the disneyland resort is held to a much higher standard then most companies.
learned alot about co. and met great people
costuming (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 16, 2017
10 to 12 hour days in a different spot each day was the hardest part culture was fast paced stressful on specific deadlines meaning you only an hour to build 12 costumes (like mickey or a princess dress which takes a great deal to do with all the hoops and accessories)
Pros
meeting all the characters and the celebrities that come and comp tickets
Fun place to work
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CASeptember 15, 2017
I enjoy the people that I work with and it has the family atmosphere that I like. A typical day has a lot of interacting and assisting guests, which i enjoy and helping to ensure the safety of everyone at the resort.
Pros
Free Admission into the parks
Cons
Fluctuating hours
great place
Custodian part time (Current Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLSeptember 15, 2017
Great place to work, diversity and meet new people. I love the family oriented theme parks.My family loves to visit and they give awesome discounts. I love Walt Disney.
Learning the Disney Way
Parks, Front Desk, and Billing & Research (Former Employee) –  Lake Buena Vista, FLSeptember 15, 2017
Began my career in Future World attractions at EPCOT. Moved on to front desk at Disney’s All-Star Resort for three months before joining the billing & research team handling and resolving any billing errors. In these years, I not only learned the Disney way of service but also developed a personal style and convictions about quality service that became standard approaches at Disney Cruise Line.
Muy comprometida con los trabajadores.
Responsable de hostelería (Former Employee) –  Studios ParkSeptember 15, 2017
Me trataron muy bien y me sentí muy a gusto. Además, a los trabajadores nos ofrecen múltiples ventajas.
It's Disney
Restaurant Host (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CASeptember 15, 2017
Disney is a good company. The only thing that would be frustrating is that guests are always right so sometimes you just have to bare with it when they're angry.
Great Job, not a career
Character Attendant (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 14, 2017
I loved lots of things about working here, but I struggled to advance, despite glowing reviews from my managers. The problem with working in such a large company is that you struggle to be identified by those in the offices doing the promoting when you're in the field.
Meh
Attractions Coordinator/Trainer (Current Employee) –  Magic Kingdom, Walt Disney World, FLSeptember 14, 2017
This is a fun company to work for, however they don't pay well, and you have to kiss butt to get anywhere. I would work here if I were retired and didn't need money.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Walt Disney Parks and Resorts. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3