Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Employee Reviews

Found 3,609 reviews matching the search
Not a place for full time students
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CAMay 23, 2017
Was not very beneficial to work here while attending school. Location that I was assigned to was not very cooperative when it came to my school schedule and did not help in any advancements whatsoever.
Fast pace but fun work enviornment
Food Prep, FSW Trainer, FP Trainer (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CAMay 23, 2017
I enjoy the fast pace work environment that I am in. I have learned how to manage time effectively as well as improving my customer service and social skills, The hardest part about the job would have to be the pay. The most enjoyable would be meeting people of all backgrounds.
Pros
Fun working enviornment
Cons
Pay
Good Company
Guest Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 23, 2017
I had many successful years with WDW Resort and still enjoy many positive relationships with cast members still there. It was a very memorable 13 year career.
Great for college credit
Cast Member (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 23, 2017
The hardest part of the job was the long hours for park parties. All in all it was a great learning experience, to see all the different cultures from all over the world and to make lifelong friends with these people. It was a great way to earn college credit, while getting to enjoy the perks of the park.
Pros
Free entrance into the parks, meeting new people
Cons
No healthcare benefits for college students
Great Company
Vacation Planner (Current Employee) –  Main EntranceMay 23, 2017
The work culture here is amazing. The company is great as well. I love every moment that I spend working here. The culture within is very inclusive and welcoming of all types of people. The job can be very challenging dealing with guests, especially guests who know how to bend the system. However, coworkers will always have your back and will help you through the day.
Pros
Very inclusive community of individuals, wide variety of fields of work, company does its best to be good to its employees in general
Cons
Pay can be very disappointing, scheduling can also be challenging
Fun place for a short period/ school job
Stores Cast Member (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CAMay 22, 2017
Disney offers an environment that is fun and full of life experiences, however you must be prepared to work with an uncertain schedule and tight restrictions.
Productive work enviroment with potential for advancement.
Cook II (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 22, 2017
I would come in prepare several different German based salads, meat platters and side dishes. We would serve 1500 customers a day at the buffet. I would man the carving station where i would greet guests and carve either london broil or ham. At the end of our shift all left overs would be either thrown out or turned over to the local food pantry.
Pros
Great work enviroment, the perks, housing.
Cons
Long hours, pay wasnt as great.
A fun place to work
Performer (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 22, 2017
The Walt Disney Company is a fun place to work that provides experience that no other job can. A wonderful place to gain communication skills and discover how to exceed guest satisfaction.
It's a fun and convenient to work.
Customer support/ Customer service (Current Employee) –  Glennville, GAMay 21, 2017
There are plenty of hours offered and plenty of opportunity to make money. It's easy going and a great way to learn new things, you can make a schedule that's convenient for you and work as many hours as you like while working from home.
Amazing place to work and above all fun
Guest Relations/Entertainer/Custodial (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 21, 2017
Working for Disney might have been the best experience i have had in my life i learned so much from that company that i woul never had learned if i wasent accepted with in the company and some of those things are how to be indipendent, how to manage my money and learning how to manage my daily life responsabilities with my job.
Pros
Free entry to any Walt Disney World Park
Cons
bad transportation system
Disney Intern
Customer Service Representative /FASTPASS (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 21, 2017
I was an intern and I learned a lot about customer service. I enjoyed working in a park and learning about the culture of Disney and living in a new place.
fun and nice place to work
Custodian (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CAMay 20, 2017
Disneyland has some of the nicest people i have ever worked with. It's fun beautiful surroundings and i did a variety of things which was nice. You can work a variety of locations and hours its really nice.
Pros
discounts
beautiful scenery
Artisan (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 19, 2017
Typical work day would include greeting guest that stopped at the bead table. I would inform guest about the Beads for life program.When assigned to the water park I would apply temporary tattoos. The culture was very relaxing and easy going. I love being outside and enjoyed the sunset over EPCOT every night. I worked with one other employee most of the times.
Fast Paced Environment
Guest Experience Manger (Current Employee) –  Lake Buena Vista, FLMay 19, 2017
A typical day consists of monitoring all employees. Maintaining labor goals and aligning with sales and budget plans for the property. Monitoring for any issues that arise.
disney
Point Of Sale Integration Analyst (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 19, 2017
Disney was one of the best work experiences I've ever had. I loved he people and the environment. The work was awesome and what I went to college for.
Extremely political and overly bureaucratic
Manager (Former Employee) –  Lake Buena Vista, FLMay 18, 2017
Although the work is interesting and never ending, the daily activities have become much harder than they need to be due to the culture of "decision by committee".
Pros
Stability
Cons
High stress, no recongnition
Quick-pace workplace
Attractions Hostess (Former Employee) –  Lake Buena Vista, FLMay 18, 2017
The job has it ups and downs, but seeing the guest faces when you do something for them, is the reason for working there. Is a quick-pace job it can be stressful at time, but you enjoy it.
Fast paced, call center.
Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 18, 2017
Typical day was to sign in to your phone and take calls back to back. Had a great time developing relationships with guests to ensure the best vacation for them. Perks included free passes to the parks and discounts on hotel stays. High pressure to upsell and mandatory overtime throughout the year, up to 60 hours a week.
Fast paced environment.
Food and Beverage Cast Member (Former Employee) –  Lake Buena Vista, FLMay 18, 2017
If you can't handle fast paced and demanding environments, Disney is not for you. You are expected to be at your peak performance level each and every day. It's one of the most fun workplaces I've ever been involved with, but they will also demand every single bit of you, it's very exhausting. If you aren't willing to put in 500%, DO NOT apply.

They have a point system that is absolutely horrific. If you are in good physical health, you'll be fine. But if you need doctor's appointments, or get sick frequently, the Company does not accomodate for missed days.
Pros
Excellent breaks, great opportunities for advancement.
Cons
At their mercy hours wise, not willing to help with time off.
What magic?
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAMay 18, 2017
It's fun for like the first year because everything is new. Slowly you realize that their management doesn't care about anything but making themselves look good. They exploit their employees with mandatory extending of shifts, and over time. Getting holidays off are only in your imagination. Yes, interacting with guests is fun and the tasks assigned aren't difficult but you're not valued for you work in any way, shape or form.
Cons
short breaks, awful management, inconsiderate with emergencies

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Walt Disney Parks and Resorts. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3