Walt Disney Parks and Resorts

Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Employee Reviews

Found 3,159 reviews matching the search
Cast Service Specialist (HR Assistant) (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 18, 2017
• Assisted Human Resources to organize Employee recognition programs, organized Health Screenings for 1500 plus employees, addressed and resolved retention issues, scheduling liaison for ESOL classes
• Signed for and distributed 800 employee paychecks on a weekly basis , acted as a resource for employees to research and solve payment and scheduling issues and assisted employees accessing and understanding their Medical and 401K benefit
Good Place
Cook 2, Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 17, 2017
High volume, fast pace, excellent location to grow your skills as a cook. Many locations to explore and transfer to within all the parks to learn different cooking styles. Work hours are intense but they provide compensation for admission into parks. Work and home life balance is an area the employee must have discipline in. Pay can be low to start with but with time and the room for upward mobility it does improve.
Pros
Compensations, room for growth, variety of job experiences
Cons
Work/life balance, seniority based
Making Magic
Food/beverage (Current Employee) –  Walt Disney World, FL Water Park Typhoon LagoonJanuary 17, 2017
I am a trainer I get to train all of the new cast members that come into working for Walt Disney World. I get to meet all knew kinds of new people from all over. my typical day work is promptly take and deliver guest's food and beverage order ensuring quality and accuracy, processing transactions while utilizing point of sale computer system,Uphold a professional attitude, service excellence, and high level of customer satisfaction, Maintain cleanliness and organization of establishment.
Pros
free food once in a while we do have alot of cast appercations days
Cons
short break and only 6 hour shifts for full time but other wise I love my job
Great place to work, not enough pay
Restaurant Lead (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAJanuary 20, 2017
great place to work but disney doesn't pay enough for all the money that they make. work hard, but dont get paid enough. Too many rules for no reason. didnt like or agree with the seniority based rule. no matter how hard i worked just because someone has been with the company longer they could move into a higher paid position before I did even if they weren't that great of an employee
Pros
free perks
Cons
can't eat where you work..worked in a kitchen and couldn't eat the food unless i wanted to be fired
Great in the short term
F & B (Current Employee) –  Lake Buena Vista, FLJanuary 29, 2017
If you need a car and don't mind working 14 hour shifts 6 days a week this job is for you. If you plan on staying long term expect to live at or near poverty line unless you can keep up those 60+ hour work weeks. Management used to be wonderful, now barely see them and when you do they let you know how much they really don't care. When I started it was a family-friendly place to work, now it's all about money. You are replaceable.
Pros
Health insurance, parks if you're into that, gets old.
Cons
Minimum wage virtually forever.
Great experience and a lot of exciting interactions
Attractions Host (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CAFebruary 10, 2017
I believe that everyday at Disney is not at all a typical day at work because the entire experience is different than any other place of work. But what is the most exciting is that while you get to treat guests to "The Happiest Place on Earth" you get to experience a little bit of the world yourself as you see hundreds of cultures pass by and all of the practices they have that we don't and all the similarities we share. At times the work can be exhausting but remembering that we are there to make the guests happy more often than not will brighten your day and help you to bring a smile to the faces of those around you.
A typical work place
Inventory Control Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lake Buena Vista, FLFebruary 6, 2017
The hardest part of the job is just trying to order things that you have no idea of what it looks like and when its a time sensitive item. It is also hard when someone before you messes up so bad that you stay hours after the schedule just fixing the problems that come up. Some times you will get so many problems that come up that require your attention all at once and you have to mentally organize the problems into order. And call outs can affect you drastically
Pros
healthcare/ 401k
Cons
no breaks, management is poor and call outs occur very often
Productive and fun place to work at. Very fast pace and keeps you on our toes.
Compute sales (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CAJanuary 17, 2017
Overall this is a great company to work for. You're always busy doing something so times does fly by very quick. Cast members are very helpful and make you feel very welcomed. Handling guest can be tricky at times but they're always right. They just want to have an awesome time. You as a cast member are always more than welcome to create magical moments for the guests which is very cool cause you can make someones day when they're not having the best time. The guest always appreciate a kind cast member. Us as cast members are always willing to make the best out of a situation.
Great place to work and create magic
Merchandising Associate (Former Employee) –  Walt Disney World, FLJanuary 18, 2017
Working at Walt Disney World is an amazing experience. It doesn't matter who line of work you are in, you are always able to help create magic. The best part of the job is seeing the children and how excited they are for many different reasons. It could be something as big as meeting Mickey or as simple as getting a sticker. The magic that you are able to create is why it's such a great job.
Pros
Great perks
Cons
Not many full time positions
Fun friendly people to work with
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAJanuary 20, 2017
Lots of straightening! The guest were fun and the employees were to. I loved the late shift because it was magical walking down main street alone once the park closed.

I did not enjoy being constantly asked about my gender identification and dating preferences. It is very hard to work every holiday while your children are home missing you.
Pros
It is Magical!
Cons
I did not enjoy being constantly asked about my gender identification.

Want to know more about Walt Disney Parks and Resorts?

Ask a question
Fun place to work
Quick Service Food and Beverage (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 9, 2017
At the Walt Disney Company, we were encouraged to have fun on the job. To socialize with guests, and create as much interaction with guests as we possibly could. Sure, there were times that we were worked to death, but I wouldn't have traded that for the world. There was an incredible amount of freedom in our work style. Management trusted their employees and wouldn't be constantly breathing down their employees' necks. Plus, there's just something fun about getting into "character" and acting like someone else.
Pros
Socializing, freedom
Cons
Long, sometimes boring work hours
Great cast members horrible management
Security 2 (Former Employee) –  Disneyland, CAJanuary 7, 2017
Security for Disneyland is a mess. Too many cooks stirring the soup. The right hand does not know what the left hand is doing. Security management is made up of food/beverage people who are insecure and do their best to terminate/quit/harass those who know the security business.

The saving grace are the cast members who show you how to ignore these so called managers. Great friendships/bonds are formed. Turnover is so high in security they had to contract out this year to a security company to help cover shifts from Christmas to New Year.

Work the park, wonderful people stay away from security it's a disaster.
Pros
Great cast members, unlimited park use for self
Cons
Management, scheduling
Magical and Tragical
Vending Guest Services (Former Employee) –  Magic Kingdom, Walt Disney World, FLJanuary 18, 2017
Working in Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom was the hardest most fun job I've ever had. I learned so much about how to get through lond arduous hours as well as extreme weather conditions such as heat and high humidity, rain and hurricane winds, as well as the occasional humid cold. I worked six to fourteen hours a day and 30 to 60+ hour weeks. I loved the people I worked with and most of the management team were helpful and caring. I enjoyed making guests experience the Magic Of Disney as well as brightening their day. It was over all an amazing experience!
Pros
Free admission to the parks, cast discounts and perks, making magic for guests.
Cons
Long hours, outside all the time, a lot of lifting and walking, dealing with entitled guests.
Fast-paced, challenging, and magical
Merchandise Hostess (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 2, 2017
This was one of the best experiences of my life, albeit a challenging one. We were pushed far beyond our limits every day to provide the most excellent guest service experiences. I greeted guests and assisted them in any way they needed in order to have the best experience in the park, helped them find products that would become lifelong mementos, assisted and often trained new employees, among other tasks.
best company ever
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAJanuary 4, 2017
I miss working there like crazy. It's like the mouse follows me now lol. My best part was going above and beyond to make real magical entertaining memories for each and every guest I helped. Like one night after work, I seen a family I made magic for. They spotted me and we hung out as I headed back to change into my regular clothes. It was special cause that family had nothing, but came together for a magical night. They ended up making a magical memory for me as I had done for them. I really miss working there.
A day working at the Magic Kingdom
Attractions Host, Operations (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAJanuary 5, 2017
Depending on the season of the year, you can encounter Park visitors from 10K to 65K+. I learn about safety, guest service and the history of the Company. If you have issues, management are always when you need them. The best part of working at Disneyland is giving the guests a great and magical experience
Pros
Discounts, Complimentary admission, great pay, part of the company
Cons
Odd working conditions during inclement weather
Exciting and fun work place with lots of interaction
Safari Driver Tour Guide (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 2, 2017
I really enjoyed working at Disney because of the many opportunities given to me to learn about an amazing company and help achieve it's goals. I learned so much about the hospitality and tourism industry through working here and will likely use much of this information in the future!
Pros
Get into the parks free! And you get to meet people from all over the world.
Cons
Some of the management can just be awful, but thankfully there's opportunity to switch around.
Great company to work for
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Lake Buena Vista, FLJanuary 12, 2017
Working at the restaurant at Disney World was the most busiest place I ever worked at. But I had a great team and wonderful managers who worked together as a team to get the job done and make a magic enchanting experience for all the guests that came in.
Pros
Great coworkers and managers, free admission to all the parks, can work your way up in the company
Cons
Long hours and constantly on show so you needed to be hyper aware of your surroundings.
Love the people I work with, good benefits, compensation is no so good
Lobby Concierge (Current Employee) –  Lake Buena Vista, FLJanuary 2, 2017
I am responsible for assisting guests with dining, recreation, and entertainment reservations as well as giving directions to local theme parks and other attractions. Checking guest in and out as needed; assisting guest in understanding folio.

The hardest part of the job is having to deal with difficult guests.

The most enjoyable part of the job is to be able to share with my co-workers.
Pros
complimentary entrance to the theme parks
Cons
compensation
Creating Magical Moments comes with a cost
Cast Member (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 1, 2017
Disney is a great place to work with if you're lucky enough. Everyone will tell you different stories about working with Disney. You would think that after having references with people who work for Disney for quite awhile, I'd be put into a better position that suited my skills. Instead, I ended up with a position that was outside anything I could do, and was reprimanded when I couldn't learn to do it fast enough.
So, if you're lucky, you'll get a good place. Otherwise, it's horrible.
Pros
Free passes, lots of discounts, willing to work with any schedule
Cons
management sucks, customers suck, working way over forty hours a week, sometimes you won't get a two day weekend.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Walt Disney Parks and Resorts. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3