Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Employee Reviews

Very fun but very stressful
DISNEY COLLEGE PROGRAM INTERN (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 21, 2017
Working for the Disney Parks is highly stressful due to it being the most popular vacation destination in the world. It's extremely fast paced and not everyone can do it. But sometimes it's worth the stress.
Pros
Discounts, free admission, memories
Cons
Strict advancement, stressful, not enough hours
Over worked and under paid
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAOctober 21, 2017
Slave labor, and was treated like a slave. told when to eat, told when to break. I was hired part time, but told to work 48 to 56 hours per week. they had a 95 % turn over rate in the Security Department alone
Pros
Fun place to work
Cons
treated like slave labor
best place to work!
Food and Beverage Handler (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLOctober 21, 2017
Disney is by far the best place to work. Career opportunities are endless.My biggest regret in life was leaving. I have been actively reapplying with Disney . I hope one day they will hire me back!
Pros
fun place to work
Cons
I was only able to get part time hours
Fun place to work
STORE OPERATIONS ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CAOctober 20, 2017
I feel like I get paid to have fun with fellow cast members but especially guests. Never a dull moment. The hours run a little late, making it a little hard to balance personal life. On the other hand you get really close to your fellow cast members.
The Happiest Place On Earth
Restaurant Guest Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 20, 2017
I enjoyed my time at Disney, they have a great culture. If you where willing to put in the work they where willing to give your the chance to grow and advance.
If you enjoy guest interaction this is the place for you.
Club Level Concierge (Former Employee) –  Lake Buena Vista, FLOctober 19, 2017
If you believe in the Disney guest philosophy, then this is a magical place to work. Walt Disney World is a large place and many roles are offered that fits most cast member skillset. You need, in most roles, to enjoy working and interacting with the guest. This is a people place and guests come in all personaliitites and often need extra attention for their needs. You will not get rich working for Disney, but the benefits are good and you get to play in the parks.
Pros
A magical place to work, great benefits, and always guest interaction.
Cons
Need to be able to work any schedule
Productive, interactive, fun place to work
Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FloridaOctober 19, 2017
Monitoring of the pool deck and looking out for the safety of guest by maintaining a 10/20. Extensive training in recuse techniques and first aid equipment was undertaken to ensure guards could response to a situation correctly.

Most enjoyable part of the job was working in a large multicultural team, boosting guest experience thought the use of magical moments and implementing the companies "Four Keys Basics."
Pros
Multi cultural, meet a wide range of people, work in a large team, good hours, work outside, good management, treated well, on job training is provided and continued throughout employment, free access to Disney Parks, housing provided at cheap rate
Cons
Not the best pay
Happiest Place on Earth
Quick Service Food and Beverage- Trainer (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 18, 2017
A typical day was non- existent but in a good way. I learned a variety of skills that I have used everyday since my internship ended, and would recommend everyone to do the program. Management was great and the made the workplace culture awesome. The hardest part of my job was the long hours, but the best part was the atmosphere.
Pros
Disney
Cons
Long Days
Fun work enviorment
Cast Member (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 18, 2017
I enjoy making magic, Fun place to work. The benefits are a plus, and managers are great to work with at least in My experience. would definitely recommend.
benefits
Low pay
Guest Experience Manager (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 18, 2017
Pay doesn’t reflect industry standard. The wage is competitive when you first become a manager. However after time it staggers not to reflect years of service.
Not bad if you're are in college and need some cash
Dinner Cook (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CAOctober 18, 2017
I worked at Flos V8 Cafe as a busser/steward and moved all the way up to the highest regular position, dinner cook. The work was decent, the cast members were amazing when i started then slowly became lazy and had big egos. The lead cast members (below management) were inconsistent with their attitudes. Some would be chill and others would be too by the book. Management was hardly at the location, if they were, they never helped when it got busy. The workload wasn't too bad if you had a great team.
Pros
free pass for all parks, discounts, cast members, secure job
Cons
management/lead inconsistency, average pay, poor management, too political
volunteer
Internship Student (Former Employee) –  Lake Buena Vista, FLOctober 18, 2017
I did not work at Disney. I was a medical student volunteer for a marathon hosted by the company. Disney is the most magical place in the work. I just graduated from PTA school. I'm going to Disney World!
College program
Housekeeper/ Delta Base Operations (Former Employee) –  Lake Buena Vista, FLOctober 18, 2017
The college program is something I would recommend to anyone. It is a great experience with one of the best companies on earth. You get Disney housing and benefits on top of job training
productive
Internship (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 17, 2017
It was crazy being an intern because get a ton of hours, which is nice to make money, but made it impossible to get a day off because we aren't allowed to give shifts away, we must trade. And we worked mostly 6 days a week. But making guests happy is all worth it!
Pros
Good experience
Cons
unpredictable schedules
Would not recommend
ENTERTAINMENT COSTUMER (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CAOctober 17, 2017
I feel that the Walt Disney Company is a great company to work for, Walt Disney Parks and Resorts however is not. It is not a great long term position if you are hoping for good pay, fair treatment, or flexibility. The Management team that I worked under in the Entertainment Costuming Department are cruel, uncaring, and frankly rude individuals who do not reward hard work nor dedication, and they apply favoritism on a daily basis.

The pay we receive is not livable and promotion of any sort is pretty much impossible unless you spend the majority of your time kissing the behinds of the management team. I have been told that a trained monkey can do my job, that I have to suck up being around a person who I reported to HR, etc. Morale within our department is so low that someone I knew tried to take her own life.

The only reason to stay or get hired is entirely due to their benefits. They have some of the best health and dental care around. That is about it.
Pros
Great Health Care
just say no
Character Attendant (Former Employee) –  Lake Buena Vista, FLOctober 17, 2017
I plead the 5th.
Beware once you see how the sauage is made you cant unsee it. Would not reccommend especially their college program. College kids over worked and wages taken for rent paid to the disney company.
Pros
paycheck
Cons
everything
Happy and fun workplace
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 17, 2017
Everyday I cleaned every room they give me and helped what's guest needs. The most I enjoyed the job was to see every smile of the children arriving at Disney and to know that I was part of their happiness.
This was just an internship but I have never worked so hard!!!
Internship (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 17, 2017
Days were long. pay was 6.30 at the time. The longest that I worked was 13 HOURS in the heat! I almost passed out because I spent 3 hours in strollers with no water or break. It was at least 100 degrees that day with no shade. Management was awful to College Program Students. We would be scheduled to do something with the program that was mandatory and the Attraction Managers would mark you late or call you into the office saying that we had lied about where we were because they saw me with a donut...well I had the donut because they gave us breakfast at our mandatory meeting.
Pros
Free Park Entry
Cons
Management was awful
Pretty fun. Never a dull moment.
Orlando - Operations Cast Member (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 17, 2017
It was a treasure working with the mouse. It was surely the best job i have ever had. Working there was a dream come true, much like they say. I would give anything to go back and enjoy the hustle and bustle of the theme park life. Management was mainly good regardless of how stressful things got. There was times when even the management jumped in to assist and give us a hand with anything we needed, from guest situation to cleaning and everywhere in between.
Pros
Lots of hours pretty much whenever you want them. Good perks.
Cons
Pay could a little higher not much more but more would be nice.
Everyone should work for Disney at least once in their lifetime
Hospitality Intern (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 17, 2017
Loved my position at the resort, and the overall experience of the college program internship. I learned and was able to experience so much in a short amount of time

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Walt Disney Parks and Resorts. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3